Mickey wrote: Well, I lost hope of hot kisses. Japanese won't allow a 16 years old girl to do that. I mean even older actresses don't do hot kisses.

The sad reality of Jdramas. However, KDramas aren't that good themselves. Only Tw dramas do the job right.
MoonLight wrote: The sad reality of Jdramas. However, KDramas aren't that good themselves. Only Tw dramas do the job right.

There are some steamy scenes here and there but you're right not like in Tw dramas.
Coming up next: Naoki's moving out; I really don't like that part of the story.
I am putting this drama on hold. Not because I dislike it but because I know the whole thing and I rather wait until it finishes before picking it up. I am rather disappointed with the pacing, it's a little slow, they should fasten things up and reach the marriage part already plus the whole accidental date thing wasn't well done. I still love Kotoko and her priceless expressions, she's so funny and the least annoying female lead compared to other versions.
Oh and can I say that I love the relationship between Kotoko and Kin-chan? The best relationship between a female lead and a second male lead and no version has done it this way. Plus Kin-chan is so hilarious!
Me too, I find the whole stalking him at his workplace almost everyday creepy. I like more of the ending of it.
MoonLight wrote: Coming up next: Naoki's moving out; I really don't like that part of the story.

Me too, I find the whole stalking him at his workplace almost everyday creepy. I like more of the ending that part of it.
CheerfulSoul wrote: Oh and can I say that I love the relationship between Kotoko and Kin-chan? The best relationship between a female lead and a second male lead and no version has done it this way. Plus Kin-chan is so hilarious!

I VERY VERY RARELY have 2nd lead syndrome but I wholeheartedly agree. Kin-chan is the best! I've got it bad for him. LOL

If she doesn't want him, I will take him. and thank you very much! ;)
Jeaniessi wrote: I VERY VERY RARELY have 2nd lead syndrome but I wholeheartedly agree. Kin-chan is the best! I've got it bad for him. LOL

I know! I usually hate when people had 2nd lead syndrome, and even if the 2nd lead is a nice guy he usually just gets in the way.
Kin-Chan is adorable incarnate. He's such a kind heart too. T-T
WHERE DO I GET MYSELF A KINCHAN?!
i like this drama but i don't like this drama. lol. i like the drama more than the anime. i think my issue with it is the characters. at this point i don't like any of them except kin-chan. i like kotoko more in the drama than the anime but the issue still remains. why is she accepting a man who treats her so poorly? kotoko in the drama is less dependent on irie-kun so i think that might be why like her a lil more. i plain dislike irie-kun. i want to punch the smirk off his face. nuff said. i think the reason i'm still watching this dispite the wait for subs and my issues with the characters is this drama is actually funny to me. i love the lead actress's and the actor that plays kin-chan's facial expressions. and the drama is much better than the anime for sure. this drama raises the question, do women think it's okay for men to treat women who love them like crap?
boutux wrote: i like this drama but i don't like this drama. lol. i like the drama more than the anime. i think my issue with it is the characters. at this point i don't like any of them except kin-chan. i like kotoko more in the drama than the anime but the issue still remains. why is she accepting a man who treats her so poorly? kotoko in the drama is less dependent on irie-kun so i think that might be why like her a lil more. i plain dislike irie-kun. i want to punch the smirk off his face. nuff said. i think the reason i'm still watching this dispite the wait for subs and my issues with the characters is this drama is actually funny to me. i love the lead actress's and the actor that plays kin-chan's facial expressions. and the drama is much better than the anime for sure.

this drama raises the question, do women think it's okay for men to treat women who love them like crap?

This drama.... *sigh* I am watching and I comletely agree. It was so much worse for me with the Kdrama version. I HATE PLAYFUL KISS with a passion. All the drama chingus close to me know how I feel about Playful Kiss. This is from the same manga but it's like Playful Kiss *lite*. If Kotoko was any worse of a love sick fool I wouldn't be watching. Oh Ha Ni came off as a NO self esteem stalker. For some reason, even though Kotoko seems purposefully persistant about Irie-kun she doesn't seem as clueless or as directionless. We'll see. It's not over yet.

to be honest, I would NEVER want my daughter to act this way but this Jdrama version isn't disturbing me... And I mean DISTURBING ME... like the Kversion.
Jeaniessi wrote: I VERY VERY RARELY have 2nd lead syndrome but I wholeheartedly agree. Kin-chan is the best! I've got it bad for him. LOL

GisaengTales wrote: I know! I usually hate when people had 2nd lead syndrome, and even if the 2nd lead is a nice guy he usually just gets in the way.
Kin-Chan is adorable incarnate. He's such a kind heart too. T-T
WHERE DO I GET MYSELF A KINCHAN?!

Second lead syndrome in case of Kin-chan is a must! He's much fun to see around than Naoki, he's so gentle and hilarious and what I dig about this version that Kotoko doesn't shut him out harshly like in other versions. I liked the Taiwanese version but the way the female lead was treating the second male lead pissed me off somehow. Here, the way she talks to him is tender and I like it.
boutux wrote: i like this drama but i don't like this drama. lol. i like the drama more than the anime. i think my issue with it is the characters. at this point i don't like any of them except kin-chan. i like kotoko more in the drama than the anime but the issue still remains. why is she accepting a man who treats her so poorly? kotoko in the drama is less dependent on irie-kun so i think that might be why like her a lil more. i plain dislike irie-kun. i want to punch the smirk off his face. nuff said. i think the reason i'm still watching this dispite the wait for subs and my issues with the characters is this drama is actually funny to me. i love the lead actress's and the actor that plays kin-chan's facial expressions. and the drama is much better than the anime for sure.

this drama raises the question, do women think it's okay for men to treat women who love them like crap?

The thing about this story (Four drama versions and an anime) is the way Kotoko loves Naoki so much until she melts his heart, you saw the anime so I am sure you know the wayit goes. However, I believe there's an extra point that this drama wins: The female lead, she's not as clingy as in other versions and even in the anime. She has some dignity compared to others.
I agree that no woman would accept being treated like that but in this drama world, they're focusing on "how a heardworking woman could've melted a cold hearted man's heart throught her love" or something cheesy like that.

Jeaniessi wrote: This drama.... *sigh* I am watching and I comletely agree. It was so much worse for me with the Kdrama version. I HATE PLAYFUL KISS with a passion. All the drama chingus close to me know how I feel about Playful Kiss. This is from the same manga but it's like Playful Kiss *lite*. If Kotoko was any worse of a love sick fool I wouldn't be watching. Oh Ha Ni came off as a NO self esteem stalker. For some reason, even though Kotoko seems purposefully persistant about Irie-kun she doesn't seem as clueless or as directionless. We'll see. It's not over yet.

to be honest, I would NEVER want my daughter to act this way but this Jdrama version isn't disturbing me... And I mean DISTURBING ME... like the Kversion.

This is the fourth remake after Itazura Na Kiss Japan 1996, It started with a kiss and They Kiss Again Taiwan and Playful Kiss Korea so it is another remake like Playful Kiss and it will take a similar pattern but in my opinion this is much better. Oh Ha Ni was a big stalker and never funny. At least, Kotoko makes me laugh in this.
CheerfulSoul wrote: The thing about this story (Four drama versions and an anime) is the way Kotoko loves Naoki so much until she melts his heart, you saw the anime so I am sure you know the wayit goes. However, I believe there's an extra point that this drama wins: The female lead, she's not as clingy as in other versions and even in the anime. She has some dignity compared to others.
I agree that no woman would accept being treated like that but in this drama world, they're focusing on "how a heardworking woman could've melted a cold hearted man's heart throught her love" or something cheesy like that.

This is the fourth remake after Itazura Na Kiss Japan 1996, It started with a kiss and They Kiss Again Taiwan and Playful Kiss Korea so it is another remake like Playful Kiss and it will take a similar pattern but in my opinion this is much better. Oh Ha Ni was a big stalker and never funny. At least, Kotoko makes me laugh in this.

Yeah, I knew about all the different version of this but after watching PK, I was always very very reluctant to put myself through it again. And honestly, the only reason why I picked up this latest version is the website that is airing it is new to Jdramas and I started watching simply to show there were watchers out there who want to watch Jdramas. I wanted to hopefully encourage viewship so more Jdrama licenses would be bought and more dramas shown.

So...here I am...8 episodes in and finding myself adoring Kin-chan and enjoying the show over all and not finding the set up between Irie-kun and Kotoko-chan nearly has HORRID as the Kdrama version. LOL

Surprised. :)
Jeaniessi wrote: Yeah, I knew about all the different version of this but after watching PK, I was always very very reluctant to put myself through it again. And honestly, the only reason why I picked up this latest version is the website that is airing it is new to Jdramas and I started watching simply to show there were watchers out there who want to watch Jdramas. I wanted to hopefully encourage viewship so more Jdrama licenses would be bought and more dramas shown.

So...here I am...8 episodes in and finding myself adoring Kin-chan and enjoying the show over all and not finding the set up between Irie-kun and Kotoko-chan nearly has HORRID as the Kdrama version. LOL

Surprised. :)

Having PK as your first introduction into the story is kind of "repulsive". Like I said this is much better than the Korean but in my point of view, nothing beats the Taiwanese versions; those people know how to make a manga adaptation the best!