Kusa no Hibiki
Very gray & gloomy from the start. And don't expect it to change since it's a J-Movie.

My Blood & Bones in a Flowing Galaxy (2021) - despite how serious and unexpected turns it took in the end it just mostly cringed me out.

Zom 100: Bucket List of the Dead (2023)

I see zombies, I watch. It was enjoyable, but damn that shark... was something :))

Closed Ward (2019) - I have been eyeing this for years because of Nana Komatsu.

Out of the Wind (2007) - Sixth on my Sakura Ando-run, it turned out to deal with more interesting themes than its premise had given away. It was made more spicy by the fact, that it was written and directed by Sakura's father (including some scenes that are hard to imagine how a father could direct for her own daughter).

Love Exposure (2009) - ... I need time to recover from what I have just watched. It was the most terrific trash I have ever seen.

https://mydramalist.com/753275-akogare-wo-koeta-samuraitachi-sekai-ichi-e-no-kiroku

The documentary on the 2023 World Baseball Classic championship team, Samurai Japan. Helps to have a working knowledge and/or fandom of the sport. A must-watch for those with even a passing interest.

There's actually a TV Asahi program from early May that I found even better, if only because: 1) it was longer, and 2) included more game footage. But if you prefer a "movie" narrative, this one is for you.

Stolen Identity 2 (2020)

Currently watching HIGH & LOW The Movie

I absolutely loved the HIGH & LOW series so I’m sure this movie will not disappoint!

Lychee Light Club

The Tale of Zatoichi (1962) - First movie in the Zatoichi series. The main character has to be a pretty brave guy to drink sake from the same cup as a man suffering from consumption.

The Tale of Zatoichi continues (1962) - The second movie of the Zatoichi series, the last in black and white.

I liked this one, too! Started with a silly premise but the writing & acting made you care about the leads.

New Tale of Zatoichi (1963) - There seems to be no redemption for this poor guy. He started to grow on me after the third movie in this series.