bibi:

Is the scene you’re referring to the one with CJ mom, the fiance’s mom and ZQ’s mom are having tea in the court yard? And where at some point they discuss their marriages and kids and ZQ’s mom says some thing along the line “CJ mom you’re so lucky to have a son (CJ) so responsible, mine is a lord that studies medicine and now he’s studying art, what kind of lord is that?”. Because this is the scene that made me just assume that all three women are sisters and that CJ and ZQ are maternal cousins alongside ex-fiancé, 

Ok, thanks. Looks like it's clear the issue. ZQ and CJ are not brothers, but sounds like cousins. Since ENG is my 2nd language p, I may need freeze the screen to read carefully! 

U-chan U-chan:

Thx! I could understand 兄弟 in the chart, but I didn't know the meaning of 2 more chinese characters before 兄弟, so I assumed they are brothers with different mothers. 

Did u read it as kanji? 

Yes 兄弟 and also 姐妹 are quite confusing. They also refer to very good friends. 

I think the subtitles for this drama are throwing the int audience off. Everyone is asking about the character relationships. ?

joas:

Did u read it as kanji? 

Yes 兄弟 and also 姐妹 are quite confusing. They also refer to very good friends. 

I think the subtitles for this drama are throwing the int audience off. Everyone is asking about the character relationships. ?

Yes, I understand Kanji, thats why. I come here and ask around or read the comments, so that I can clarify certain things. So far MDL of this drama section is pretty peaceful (not so toxic LOL ?), so I will continue visiting here. THX. 

U-chan U-chan:

Yes, I understand Kanji, thats why. I come here and ask around or read the comments, so that I can clarify certain things. So far MDL of this drama section is pretty peaceful (not so toxic LOL ?), so I will continue visiting here. THX. 

Yeah me too. Im glad the drama didnt make the characters fight or there would be lotsa arguments here. 

joas:
 Thanks for this! I didnt know they fought over the title. I thought he got it by default being the son of the main wife. 

Actually, nope. He fought for it. Growing up, his half-brothers mistreated him, but he always behaved respectfully towards them. Until the day of the succession battle came, he paid all of them back one by one, ruthlessly.

Fujihara Tomomi:

Actually, nope. He fought for it. Growing up, his half-brothers mistreated him, but he always behaved respectfully towards them. Until the day of the succession battle came, he paid all of them back one by one, ruthlessly.

Oh, I also thought he inherited position due to son of legit wife. I guess I will know more when I read novel or it may show it how it happened in later episode. THX 

Fujihara Tomomi:

Wow im looking forward to reading the novel after the drama ends.

U-chan U-chan:

Fujiwara-san, thank you for detail explanation! I wish subtitle can include chinese characters so that we can tell name differences. When names are translated in ENG with alphabet, they all the same. but last name in chinese has different writing characters.  I can tell the differences but for ppl don't know chinese character and only seeing in ENG, it's confusing. 

Totally agree with you. Kisskh has both Chinese and English when it is not properly subbed.

joas:

I haven't found out their relation yet but they have different surnames so they do not have the same father. Lol

ZQ and CXZ are 冤种兄弟 (yuan zhong xiong di) on the map which means best buddies.

ZQ  is a Hou (marquis) while CXZ is a Wang(prince) rank.

I think their mothers are sisters.