Thanks for the info

DanTeeQ:

Who is Li Hong Cheng?

He's the son of King Jing

I know this much but I want more.

Thanks for the updates everyone!   Looking forward this series streaming in 2024.    Any news about season 3?  

darkstar:

Thanks for the updates everyone!   Looking forward this series streaming in 2024.    Any news about season 3?  

Any date confirmations for s2? 

DanTeeQ:
I know this much but I want more.

From the book: He's in love with Fan Ruo Ruo and engage to her but she doesn't like it so she run away to study medicine in Northern Qi kingdom (become HaiTang's xue mei). He then decide to go to war becoming a general, still waiting for Ruo Ruo. The drama? Might change entirely. 

Tikkitumble:

That's insane that this drama has finished filming, but production and editting will take 1 year + several months to complete. Like, how is it possible editing and NON-acting functions take longer than the actual film? 

Hope you saw the post that @littlebluemonster wrote on November 12th. Explains a bit about why post production takes that long. I will also add that even after all that they also need to get it approved by China’s National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) which takes even more time since there are restrictions on what is allowed and what is not allowed. 

It takes time to get it on NRTA’s review schedule since they need to review every single drama, film, documentary, and tv show prior to it airing. So even after the final drama is all done with everything and NRTA sets a date for review, they will tell the production what is okay and what is not. Then more modifications and cuts need to be made and that also takes a lot of time. Sometimes the production company self censors to maximize chances to get approved which requires more time to figure out what to keep and leave out. You can read a bit about that here: https://digitalcommons.bridgewater.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1018&context=research_awards

And then there is the restriction that dramas could only be 40 episodes long and 45 minutes per episode max so much more thought needs to be put in to abide by these rules. You can read more about this policy here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/15h3t45/new_nrta_policy/https://www.reddit.com/r/CDrama/comments/15h3t45/new_nrta_policy/

darkstar:

We would be very lucky if JOL2 airs in 2024 given for JOL1 it took 1 year and a few months after filming finished to air. No news about JOL3; given the restriction that dramas that air need to wait 12 months in between seasons, I am guessing they won’t start filming JOL3 until JOL2 airs and they see how that season does. 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Any date confirmations for s2? 

Nope, not yet. Once there is a date confirmation of air date I will update everyone by posting on this forum.

One more thing…..I saw someone in the comments share their desire that they hope JOL2 was split into 2 parts and so I will also share my thoughts about this here:

Although I highly wish they split JOL2 into 2 parts I highly doubt it because judging from the updates about what was filmed in JOL2 and what us JOL novel readers know about where they stopped at, they didn’t cover even 2/3 of the major events of the novel so there might not be enough content to split it into 2 parts. I would be very happy to be proven wrong though. I am speculating as a result of this they might split JOL3 into 2 parts but we won’t know for sure until JOL3 airs which no one knows when that will happen. I am also torn because the policy is that once a “season” (restricted to 40 episodes @ 45 mins each) finishes airing, it is required that 12 months needs to pass before another “season” airs so the wait for 2 parts for JOL3 if this does happen will be long.

To avoid spoilers for those who haven’t read the JOL novel/series, I purposely didn’t post updates about where they stopped filming for JOL2 and what parts of the novel did they cover til in the drama. I will say that screenwriter Wang Jun did change the plot quite a bit from what the novel had but the key important scenes/major events for the most part was still covered and remained loyal to the novel. I am excited to see the innovations that will happen and how things will be portrayed. 

I know there was quite a bit of concern from those who had completely read and finished the novel that the drama adaption made too many changes and added too many “new” plot lines to what was already a solid plot that the novel provided and took away (as a result) more important things that the novel covered and/or changed the characters from what thowe characters was suppose to be about. However, I really believe if possible one shouldn’t pre-judge a drama before one completely watches it and just because changes were made doesn’t mean the drama will just be worse as a result. Even in JOL1 major changes were made that I felt were really great and actually strengthened the storyline from what the novel covered so I hope one can be open minded about this since drama/film making is an art and I would’t expect a filmmaker or screenwriter to direct ly copy/paste exactly what a novel did just because it was good given this is a creative process from the get go.

I  will be back once there are more important updates to share. 

Waiting,....patiently,.....since 2020....

ZRY said it might be premiered on June 2024 but it hasn't final yet. It might change...(hopefully not)

Guys i have a question about crown prince. In the first season ruo ruo saw that crown prince keeping painting of some woman. Who is the woman? Does anyone know?

Helo_Mek_in_Vegas:

Waiting,....patiently,.....since 2020....

Haha truly same