Raczne Magdi:

Who will Yan Bing Yun be instead of Xiao Zhan?

Tbh idk why but I want xu Kai to play as antagonist type role maybe he should take it if yan Bing Yun is a major character in the story later on 

Raczne Magdi:

Who will Yan Bing Yun be instead of Xiao Zhan?

I wouldn't be upset if Uncle Wang killed him LOL cuz he stabbed young master in the back

Erin:

Series length can only be 40 episodes now as per China's new policy, if they are going to split them up they have to wait at least 3 months before airing the next part

Why the 40-episodes limit?  Is there a political reason for it? 

darkstar:

Why the 40-episodes limit?  Is there a political reason for it? 

Have you ever seen Chinese being logical in these cases regarding ban nd censoring? 🤔 😂 

Arbaz Akhtar:

Have you ever seen Chinese being logical in these cases regarding ban nd censoring? ? ? 

I guess that's what happens when bureaucrats take over.  They manage to screw up anything they touch. 

On a side note.  How is the filming going?  Anything interesting, photos, etc. from the sets?  Is there a website that posts updates?

darkstar:

Why the 40-episodes limit?  Is there a political reason for it? 

Most likely viewers complaint on too many episodes.  

Gracious Ly:

Most likely viewers complaint on too many episodes.  

Who? not me...
Most likely due to lack of money, OK no, is CCP policy.

darkstar:

I guess that's what happens when bureaucrats take over.  They manage to screw up anything they touch. 

On a side note.  How is the filming going?  Anything interesting, photos, etc. from the sets?  Is there a website that posts updates?

I also don't have information about this I usually don't follow sites that update regarding production phase sadly hope someone else here can answer the questions asked by our fellow JOL watcher 

Haaaaaaaaaa..... I'm going crazy, finally we get to see this day 

Thanks for all the updates over the years SJ... just got the news from a friend I introduced to JOL season 1 during Christmas 2019 as it was airing, I came to confirm

darkstar:

On a side note.  How is the filming going?  Anything interesting, photos, etc. from the sets?  Is there a website that posts updates?

I think it will be very difficult for the crew and production to allow things like that happening for the fear of things getting out of hand, considering how episodes and information of JOL s1 were leaked

sjadvocate:

JOL2 & JOL3 each has "30 planned episodes" but interestingly enough JOL1 also had "30 planned episodes" but the final episode count was 46. It is common for the "planned episodes" to not reflect the actual amount of episodes released for a series. The only concern I have is since JOL1 was released, China created a policy that NO DRAMA can have more than 40 episodes!! Thus, I'm guessing for JOL2 & JOL3 they'll most likely do 40 episodes each. This is concerning cause JOL2 and JOL3 actually has a lot more content to cover than JOL1 which already has 46 episodes. I really hope they consider releasing JOL2 and JOL3 in parts (like JOL2 part 1, JOL2 part 2, JOL 3 part 1, JOL3 part 2) so they can get more episodes to cover everything but not sure if this will happen or not. 

I wouldn't mind having that

Arbaz Akhtar:

Tbh idk why but I want xu Kai to play as antagonist type role maybe he should take it if yan Bing Yun is a major character in the story later on 

Holy shit you're a genius. Though I will say, the only 'serious' role I've seen him play is in Story of Yanxi Palace, so I can't even imagine what him as YBY would look like. I also really like him as an actor and a person, so I'm a bit worried of how critical XZ fans and JOL Fans alike would be toward him.

omonaijaJ:

Holy shit you're a genius. Though I will say, the only 'serious' role I've seen him play is in Story of Yanxi Palace, so I can't even imagine what him as YBY would look like. I also really like him as an actor and a person, so I'm a bit worried of how critical XZ fans and JOL Fans alike would be toward him.

XZ fans have nothing to do with this anymore tbh but I know they will still butt in no way matter who's Casted but xu Kai is no newbie he has a huge Fandom himself also nd i don't think JOL fans would be toxic towards xu Kai getting casted. I like both Zhang ruoyun nd xu Kai so I am in favor of it