Davaa Zogsoo:

Guys i have a question about crown prince. In the first season ruo ruo saw that crown prince keeping painting of some woman. Who is the woman? Does anyone know?

I don't think it mention on the book, I think it's just a twist in the drama. But seems the Emperor knew about it who that was, he was kind of transparently hint on it.  

Thanks for the reply. In which episode emperor mentioned? I

Xtinew:

I don't think it mention on the book, I think it's just a twist in the drama. But seems the Emperor knew about it who that was, he was kind of transparently hint on it.  

1. Thanks for the reply. In which episode emperor mentioned? I

honestly it looked like the faceless person was the princess royal. it was obvious to me based on her clothing and hair style/pieces

in the novel, she's princess royal...

Davaa Zogsoo:
  1. Thanks for the reply. In which episode emperor mentioned? I

Ep 7 about 43.03-06 

When the Emperor asked where's the Crown Prince? And he said 'Hmm..he's good at courting' He gave a 'hint' about his feeling. The painting without face is a metaphor since he can't be out expressing it.  

Xtinew:

ZRY said it might be premiered on June 2024 but it hasn't final yet. It might change...(hopefully not)

I heard about this but I speculate this is his “best guess” as there is so much that needs to happen prior to it airing and turn around time for historical dramas are infamously long/slow. More importantly, given JOL’s great popularity, China’s National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) will be even stricter about what it allows since too many people have “committed“ to watching it.

Hi ... I heard / saw somewhere that they filmed 2 and 3 together. Is there any truth to that rumor? 

TIA

CdramaMaven4762:

Hi ... I heard / saw somewhere that they filmed 2 and 3 together. Is there any truth to that rumor? 

TIA

I think it was supposed to be 1 season only, but because of the new law, they were forced to split it into 2 season

CdramaMaven4762:

TIA

That is what was initially shared but later the production company decided to film JOL2 and JOL3 separately. It is confirmed only JOL2 was filmed this time around. You can read my earlier posts about this and more.

EggEgg:

I think it was supposed to be 1 season only, but because of the new law, they were forced to split it into 2 season

From the very start JOL was always going to be a trilogy with JOL 1, 2 and 3. ZRY our ML signed a contract to film 3 installments of JOL within 5 years. Unfortunately the production company took too long and even though 5 years have passed, only JOL 1 AND 2 were filmed and the latter hasn’t been released yet. Thankfully, he remains committed to the project. 

The plan to complete JOL 1, 2, and 3 was confirmed way prior to the new law that restricts each “season” to be 40 episodes of 45 mins each max. Given this restriction, there will still be 3 main parts for JOL but it might take more than 2 seasons to finish all of the story.  Like JOL3 could take 2 seasons to cover everything. 

sjadvocate:

From the very start JOL was always going to be a trilogy with JOL 1, 2 and 3. ZRY our ML signed a contract to film 3 installments of JOL within 5 years. Unfortunately the production company took too long and even though 5 years have passed, only JOL 1 AND 2 were filmed and the latter hasn’t been released yet. Thankfully, he remains committed to the project. 

The plan to complete JOL 1, 2, and 3 was confirmed way prior to the new law that restricts each “season” to be 40 episodes of 45 mins each max. Given this restriction, there will still be 3 main parts for JOL but it might take more than 2 seasons to finish all of the story.  Like JOL3 could take 2 seasons to cover everything. 

The more seasons the better so long as the storyline doesn't go off track and the soul of the drama remains.

sjadvocate:

Thanks for the information update.  I'll take some time to go back through earlier posts and comments so  I can be aware of the various developments.

4 years and counting

Still patiently waiting for new season

This Joy of Life 2 Reddit thread just came to my attention so thought I would share ?