ksk79:

@MsDarkqueen Thank you for putting together this list.  I like to know the span of each case before investing in my time in viewing them.  Unlike Van Gulik's fictionalized novels of this legendary figure, one can read through them quickly unlike watching a TV series with many episodes.  

Sometimes it's good to know when different cases commence and their synopsis...glad you found the notes useful and hope you enjoy watching the series.

Thank you very much for all the information about the cases of the show..

I watched the first five episodes..and I will continue.  the production value is very good..

But I have a question about the resolution about the first cases

I don't understand why the seal was inside the candle and Wu zetian knew it ..in fact I don't understand how Wu zetian framed everybody...the general zhang keyi  the chief of the bodyguard was working for her and told her everything since the beginning ?

Thank you very much

MasterShifu75:

Thank you very much for all the information about the cases of the show..

I watched the first five episodes..and I will continue.  the production value is very good..

But I have a question about the resolution about the first cases

I don't understand why the seal was inside the candle and Wu zetian knew it ..in fact I don't understand how Wu zetian framed everybody...the general zhang keyi  the chief of the bodyguard was working for her and told her everything since the beginning ?

Thank you very much

It has been a long time since I last watched it so I don't remember specific details but from what I can recall.... presumably she orchestrated the whole theft of the seal with insider's and her supporters' help to bring down the ministers who were opposing her, so she was the master mind behind the whole theft and also how and where the stolen seal was ultimately found to implicate her most powerful opponent. 

The ministers of the court were unhappy with the growing influence of Empress Wu on the Emperor and they wanted to tarnish her reputation....so Empress Wu herself created a situation in which they could implicate her and feel as if they have achieved their purpose to discredit her but she was the one playing the game and in the end she staged the whole incident to make it look like the minster who was  against her was the one who had stolen the seal (where in reality it was herself who had hidden the seal)....so in essense she let the rumours about her involvement in the seal being lost spread and when the ministers opposing her were almost feeling victorious, she implicate one most powerful minister and made it look in the public that she was upright and virtuous but the minster was wrongly accusing her and conspiring against her...

I hope it makes sense.