Hi all! It's been a long time since I posted here for recs but I find myself in another drama slump.

I'm basically looking for dramas that have the kind of love story where there is lots of intensity and angst because the love is sort of forbidden. I'd prefer if it's the FL who is trying to push away her feelings while the ML doesnt care that it's forbidden. But no incest please! Step siblings is fine. 

I'm basically looking for lots of angst, lots of yearning. I also prefer shows where there's no steamy scenes since I think the intensity can be shown with simple gazes as well.

Examples would include:

Tree of heaven (old but gold)

Tsuiraku JK to haijin kyoshi (more of dark comedy to be honest but the yearning and forbidden love aspect is still there)

That winter the wind blows (more melo than I'd like but the yearning, intensity and chemistry was *chef*s kiss*)

Train (what can be more forbidden than falling for the one person who has been wronged by your family member?)

Ghost detective (self explanatory)

Voice season 2 and 3 (many may think there's nothing there but I definitely thought there was)

Flourish in time (it was the ML who believed he shouldn't love her because he falsely believed himself to be unworthy of her)

Alchemy of souls (season 2 was more in line with this topic)

Island part 1 and 2 (very much forbidden love)

Better days (this is a Chinese movie but absolutely excellent)

Godzilla minus one (didn't think there would be a forbidden love angle here, came here purely for some good old godzilla action but was pleasantly surprised by a endearing love story in the backdrop)

Blood free (the chemistry was sizzling. Loved it. Forbidden because they both suspected each other's motives the entire time. Many would say it's more a of professional relationship but I clearly saw the romance)

My mister (controversial but who are we kidding here, they definitely loved each other but it's fine if others don't agree)

There are many more but these are what I can recall for now. I've also got no interest in tragedies. Tree of heaven is the only tragedy in my list and that was more than enough. Island and blood free are more of a open ending than outright tragedy.

You'll notice that the tone of the dramas I've watched is mostly serious and dark. That is my preference. I can't watch rom coms. Lovely runner was a bit of an exception because it also had some thriller aspect to it but that's about the limit of my endurance for comedy.

I hope you guys can help me find something that fits my preference. Thankyou in advance!

Most of these don't fit the ML doesn't care part, but are the closest I can think of to everything else.

Kidnapping Game - romance story between a woman and her kidnapper (sort of) and a crime. Honestly? this has some of the most romantic moments I have ever seen. The case is less well developed but it has a couple of twists and turns that surprise one.

Pinocchio - this one hits all the marks. Forbidden love  between a guy and a girl who live together, who are considered to be relatives but both know they are not related, they end up working together, they are enemies, and so on. It is a great and sad drama but has a closed ending. So defo give it a try. it is a gem

Trinity of Shadows - this is one is honestly one of the best dramas I have ever seen. It tells the story of a police woman that is confronted with a murder case that resembles one from 3 years ago but also ends up being linked to another one over 20 years ago. The romance story is more slowish developing but it is very realistic. The forbidden aspect will also come out more in the last couple of episodes.

The smile has left your eyes - a guy is accused of murder, ends up falling for the sister of the police man that hunts him. And then it turns out they are more connected then first believed.

Just Between Lovers - this is less forbidden and more intense. The story of 2 people who survived an accident and the trauma that brought onto them. It goes more into the direction of "Train" but without the forbidding factor.

My Name - a girl pledged revenge for her fathers death and joins the underground. this has absolute golden chemistry between a couple that feels similar to "My Mister", but the story focuses on a different "forbidden" romance so welp. But it is a nice drama.

emeraldarrows:

Most of these don't fit the ML doesn't care part, but are the closest I can think of to everything else.

I've seen watashitachi wa douka shiteiru, that was pretty intense but I kinda lost interest in the latter half. First half was really nice.

I've also seen come and hug me but the forbidden aspect wasnt that prominent there. Plus it was sooooo slow!

Angel's last mission had forbidden love? Can't recall since I watched it a while back and didn't really leave a mark on my memory.

I'll check out the rest (though one of them had older woman/younger man trope and nothing against it but it simply isn't my preferred genre)

Thanks for the recs!

@Lou

I've seen most of the recs on your list except for the kidnapping game and trinity of shadows (will check these out) haven't seen my name mainly because I don't like han so hee's acting (she ruined gyeongsang creature for me. I'm also well aware if the plotline and it isn't something I haven't seen before so not really interested in it. Will check out the kidnapping game and trinity of shadows, sounds interesting 

Thanks for the recs!

AshesandDust:

I've seen watashitachi wa douka shiteiru, that was pretty intense but I kinda lost interest in the latter half. First half was really nice.

I've also seen come and hug me but the forbidden aspect wasnt that prominent there. Plus it was sooooo slow!

Angel's last mission had forbidden love? Can't recall since I watched it a while back and didn't really leave a mark on my memory.

I'll check out the rest (though one of them had older woman/younger man trope and nothing against it but it simply isn't my preferred genre)

Thanks for the recs!

Regarding Angel's Last Mission: Love. Yes, in the sense that angels weren't allowed to love and his mission was to find someone else for her, so he gets punished for loving her and they both have to risk their lives to be together.