aznhomieboi1689:

I’m so sad about this ending. Invested so much time into the show and didn’t even get a satisfactory ending for Tofu. It’s so sad that he just went back to Tarn just like that without even missing Tofu. I felt like everyone was over death of Tofu too fast and not even bat an eye when Nut goes back to Tarn. 

But it is a show based on the book so if that’s what happened then it can’t be helped

The whole last hour of the ep was Nut missing Tofu.  Prib started a whole line of products in his memory, Nut wrote the screenplay - maybe it seemed like it was a day, but the ending had to be at least a year after Tofu's death - otherwise Tarn couldn't have recovered,  defeated the evil corporation, taken over Jan's house and set up a studio. It might have even been longer.

jpny01:

The whole last hour of the ep was Nut missing Tofu.  Prib started a whole line of products in his memory, Nut wrote the screenplay - maybe it seemed like it was a day, but the ending had to be at least a year after Tofu's death - otherwise Tarn couldn't have recovered,  defeated the evil corporation, taken over Jan's house and set up a studio. It might have even been longer.

What you say makes total sense, but it still felt like he accepted Tarn back as his partner too quickly.

I think if they'd shown the passing of time by dealing with some consequences (in a little more detail) for Saen and Jan - even though I'm not interested in them and dislike them - that would have helped.

Maybe also if Tarn had just a little more interaction where he was consoling Nut, rather than what felt like one discussion. I mean obviously he still loved Tarn, but he was no longer in love with Tarn, so just a little more of that build-up as his feelings changed would have been much easier to accept - especially because we know his ability to process his emotions and feel/show love are a result of his time with, and love for, Tofu.

@WA_side - I agree with you. Someone mentioned they cut quite a few hours of this to get it down to 16 eps - it feels like a lot is missing when you watch Ep 14, and I suspect however Jan & Saen's fates were resolved was probably removed. It would have helped if the passage of time had been better portrayed, and we'd seen Tharn support Nut through his grief and help take care of Na. I did like that their decision to be together was more "adult" in that it was rational and based on love and respect rather than passion. I like passion (a lot, and I would have liked to see Tofu's abs in "action"), but it would have been emotionally icky in this case.

jpny01:
Someone mentioned they cut quite a few hours of this to get it down to 16 eps - it feels like a lot is missing when you watch Ep 14, and I suspect however Jan & Saen's fates were resolved was probably removed.

I wonder if they wuld consider an edited DIrector's cut ending, with more of the scenes that many felt were missing? I hope their contract with NF doesn't prevent that, even if there is a period of time before it could happen.
Currently don't feel like I would rewatch this, even though it will be a series I think back about, but I would definitely watch extra episodes/re-done endings. I don't need Tofu to end up with Nut, but the current ending doesn't do justice to the series.
I'd chuck money at a crowdfunded Director's Extended Edit!

WA_side:

I wonder if they wuld consider an edited DIrector's cut ending, with more of the scenes that many felt were missing? I hope their contract with NF doesn't prevent that, even if there is a period of time before it could happen.
Currently don't feel like I would rewatch this, even though it will be a series I think back about, but I would definitely watch extra episodes/re-done endings. I don't need Tofu to end up with Nut, but the current ending doesn't do justice to the series.
I'd chuck money at a crowdfunded Director's Extended Edit!

I'm with you on all that!

I know! I wish the ending was more thoroughly explained or played out. They should’ve had 17 episodes lol.

Is anyone else having problems letting go that fact the tofu died 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

aznhomieboi1689:

Is anyone else having problems letting go that fact the tofu died ???????

I have the same. I get in a way attached to Tofu as character.  He deserved a happy end in human form and not the shit... that they have served us at the end. Finger crossed In will star in another BL.

It was inevitable, though. The show was about coping with loss and trauma - Tofu living on would have just papered over all that and given a magic solution. Tofu helped Nut solve his own problems - he didn't do it all for him. Sort of like when your mother says "show me how to do this on the computer, don't just do it." Which I ignore and just do it or I'll be guilty of matricide. Real conversation:

"Turn it off, then turn it back on."

"What do you mean?"

Anyway, Tofu represented treatment for mental illness and depression - once Nut was "cured", his direct involvement no longer had a purpose - now he's anti-depressant medication as a teddy bear to hug.

I don't accept it destroy the series for me.

I think it would have worked out better if it turned out that Tofu was actually a reincarnation of Tarn but he wasn't fully complete because Tarn's body was dying but he couldn't fully go on because he wasn't completely dead. Once he passes Tofu would have Tarn's memories and we would discover the reason why he has Nueng's body is because Nueng was someone who Nut liked but never really knew him as a person. So essentially Nut would have Tofu's adorable personality, Tarn's memories and Nueng's body in his boyfriend so basically the dream boyfriend. I feel like that would be a nicer ending idk.