Hey, mates! Has anyone watched the Japanese gem Aishiteiru to Ittekure? It was the best drama around that year. Fast forward 28 years, and we have a K-Drama remake named Tell me that you love me.

Did you guys binge on either or both? I'm considering diving in today, but I can't decide which version to start with. Drop your thoughts if you've checked them out

i havent caught up to "Tell me that you love me" yet,i have finished until the 8th episode,i have watched Aishiteiru to Ittekure and they are very different drama,in "tell me that you love me" the leads are both similar and "heal" each other while in the japanese version the FL is a young cheerful woman who pushes the ML to be better.

Objectively  and subjectively i suggest the Korean version,although i love older Jdramas "aishiteru to ittekeru" left me disappointed.I would still recommend watching the Japanese version as ultimately they are different.

Tell Me That You Love Me is such a beautifully woven story that I am not going to watch the j version I hear it’s based off.  I don’t know the planning idea when others buy a script to be remade. I have some opinions but that’s for another discussion I guess. For this one though, I can’t be more satisfied with the way the story weaves up to ep 12. It is so well written and acted it’s like a settling treat after a long days work. It has purpose, meaning, and especially so as we look at a very important member of our community, a hearing impaired‘s story. The relationship build up is so good,  nothing short of amazing. The way this is progressing makes it very hard to accept the j drama outcome. I hope they don’t mess this up, it’s fine if a short misunderstanding (ex of course) but it’ll be resolved. Four more episodes and I’m nervous but I’m hopeful they will make it their own and end it in a beautiful way as they’ve brought out this wonderful feel good gem.

Inkling:

i havent caught up to "Tell me that you love me" yet,i have finished until the 8th episode,i have watched Aishiteiru to Ittekure and they are very different drama,in "tell me that you love me" the leads are both similar and "heal" each other while in the japanese version the FL is a young cheerful woman who pushes the ML to be better.

Objectively  and subjectively i suggest the Korean version,although i love older Jdramas "aishiteru to ittekeru" left me disappointed.I would still recommend watching the Japanese version as ultimately they are different.

I appreciate this information about the j drama. It gives me hope for the current k version that I’m enjoying so much.

Inkling:

Thanks for sharing your insights! It's intriguing to hear about the differences. I'm leaning toward the Korean version now, but your perspective on both adds more excitement to the decision. Your Recommendation is much appreciated. I've started Tell me that you love me and will be caught up by today. As for the Japanese maybe after I finish my Plan to-watch list ( that has all K-dramas) LOL

Florahh:

Tell Me That You Love Me is such a beautifully woven story that I am not going to watch the j version I hear it’s based off.  I don’t know the planning idea when others buy a script to be remade. I have some opinions but that’s for another discussion I guess. For this one though, I can’t be more satisfied with the way the story weaves up to ep 12. It is so well written and acted it’s like a settling treat after a long days work. It has purpose, meaning, and especially so as we look at a very important member of our community, a hearing impaired‘s story. The relationship build up is so good,  nothing short of amazing. The way this is progressing makes it very hard to accept the j drama outcome. I hope they don’t mess this up, it’s fine if a short misunderstanding (ex of course) but it’ll be resolved. Four more episodes and I’m nervous but I’m hopeful they will make it their own and end it in a beautiful way as they’ve brought out this wonderful feel good gem.

It's clear Tell Me That You Love Me has made a profound impact on you. Your anticipation for the remaining episodes and hope for a satisfying end.  Thanks for sharing your thoughts mate.

Honestly I'd recommend you to always start with the original first. Most of the time there is a reason why they decided to make a remake, meaning the original had a significant impact. And quite often that is not achieved to the same degree in remakes. There are some exceptions but most of the time when I saw remakes I was severely disappointed with them. 

Lou:

Honestly I'd recommend you to always start with the original first. Most of the time there is a reason why they decided to make a remake, meaning the original had a significant impact. And quite often that is not achieved to the same degree in remakes. There are some exceptions but most of the time when I saw remakes I was severely disappointed with them. 

Hello there mate! Thanks for your advice! I started watching the Korean remake. I'm already caught up with it, and I must say, I've been enjoying it a lot. The storyline, and progression I liked it, slow-paced. While I understand the sentiment of starting with the original, the remake has captured my attention and kept me hooked. I might still check out the original J-drama later to appreciate the roots of the story.

If you looking for a romantic K-drama then Tell Me That You Love Me is one of my recommendations, the purest form of love that touches the soul the same way this web series can justify it. This web series season 1 consists of a total of 16 episodes available on various streaming platforms. It is the story of a man who has a hearing impairment and is unable to speak on the other hand a girl who is an aspiring actress and dreams of becoming a top actress one day slowly they connect and start falling in love with each other.