1) Movie

Released some time in 2000-2008. It's a comedy movie about insurance fraud.

There's a working class family who become rich after taking advantage from loopholes in their workplace insurance policies. When the inspector (I think it's played by Park Sang Myun) comes to investigate, they trapped him and marry him to their daughter. With their son-in-law's help, they plan the ultimate scheme - find some orphan/homeless guy, prove that he's a distant (but blood-related) relative, adopt him into the family, then injury/murder (indirectly) him and take out the compensation.

I only remember the homeless guy's name, Gwen Tae (that's the pronunciation).

2) TV series

It's a zero to hero story about a businessman who became rich after end of Korean War and Park Chung Hee reign. I remember that Dok Go Young Jae starred in it (most likely as Park CHung Hee or some senior military personnel) and the main lead is Jang Hyuk (either him or someone similar).

Thanks! Hopefully some MDLers can help me identify them.

I'm not sure but I remember a different movie with a similar setting, let me know if this is not it.

1. Just Do It! 

2. I can't find a page for this one here on MDL, but drama name is Korea Gate  from SBS (코리아게이트; 1995 )

+ It seems that that page is not updated here on MDL, but here is the link.

shahin:

I'm not sure but I remember a different movie with a similar setting, let me know if this is not it.

1. Just Do It! 

2. I can't find a page for this one here on MDL, but drama name is Korea Gate  from SBS (코리아게이트; 1995 )

+ It seems that that page is not updated here on MDL, but here is the link.

Spot on on the movie, thanks a lot! I've check Korea Gate info too, still not quite sure. Thanks anyway! :D