Synopsis:
Following the noon-romance trend of the year, comes the latest drama in the pack. The Witch’s Romance is about a strong, confident reporter who is extremely good at her job. So much that her nickname is literally “witch” because she tends to walk all over her co-workers. After getting left at the alter by her ex-fiancee, Ban Ji-Yeon has given up on true love.

Our lead man Yoon Dong Ha runs a small errand center with a friend. In this business they do anything the customer wants, including teaching a self-defense class or pretending to be Santa Clause for a day. Despite his happy-go-lucky appearance, Yoon Dong Ha hides a secret sorrow, having tragically lost his girlfriend some years back.

When the two meet, immediately sparks incur, and though their age difference might be great, their common interests and shared sorrow bring them together.

Main Cast:
Uhm Jung Hwa as Ban Ji Yeon
Park Seo Joon as Yoon Dong Ha
Han Jae Suk as Noh Shi Hoon

Teaser

Trailer

I didn't think I would enjoy this show but the first episode got me interested to keep watching. Anyone else watching this have any thoughts so far?
I've seen My Queen before so having a remake of that really got me intrigued (plus... a noona romance just happens to be my favourite trope). I really liked My Queen until the photographer-fiance came back to the picture and it was just such a bore from there on. However, since Witch's Romance will be a shorter drama and Korean dramas generally seem to do well in keeping the pacing even, I have high hopes for it. Now, episodes 1-2 were pretty okay. It's doing well on being comedic and I already like the characters. I will definitely keep watching! :)
Firawai wrote: I've seen My Queen before so having a remake of that really got me intrigued (plus... a noona romance just happens to be my favourite trope). I really liked My Queen until the photographer-fiance came back to the picture and it was just such a bore from there on. However, since Witch's Romance will be a shorter drama and Korean dramas generally seem to do well in keeping the pacing even, I have high hopes for it.

Now, episodes 1-2 were pretty okay. It's doing well on being comedic and I already like the characters. I will definitely keep watching! :)

How many episodes did My Queen have??

Yes so far I'm really liking it! Park Seo Joon I think is doing a pretty good job for a newbie-ish actor. He's my favorite to watch. Their pretty spot on with the comedy bits, especially with the shaman part. :)
TObsessed wrote: How many episodes did My Queen have??

Yes so far I'm really liking it! Park Seo Joon I think is doing a pretty good job for a newbie-ish actor. He's my favorite to watch. Their pretty spot on with the comedy bits, especially with the shaman part. :)

My Queen was 21 episodes. (And I thought it was really good up to episode 15 or so.)
Firawai wrote: My Queen was 21 episodes. (And I thought it was really good up to episode 15 or so.)

Well let's hope Witch's Romance keeps the momentum it has now!
i really enjoyed the first two episodes. i thought my queen started to drag in the final stretch too. with five fewer episodes to fill it should be a lot easier to keep it fast and fun.
The 3rd episode was even better than the first two...I'm really enjoying how fast paced this drama is and that it doesn't contain (so far) any unnecessary tropes.
I just watched episode 6. It was pretty good. Things are progressing fast. I like that. I think when I'm done with this I'll watch My Queen.
I'm liking this show a lot. The chemistry is spot on. This is obviously a remake of My Queen but they didn't copy it wholesale. Some of my favorite scenes seem to be missing but I have to admit there are tons of extra scenes that are much better. I'm so afraid it will stall out the way My Queen did. Just like others have said, it was great until 15. We didn't get any great couple moments after that, and instead got mostly angst and absurdity. A Witch's Romance seems to have better momentum, though. I am confident it's heading someplace.
meighy wrote: I'm liking this show a lot. The chemistry is spot on. This is obviously a remake of My Queen but they didn't copy it wholesale. Some of my favorite scenes seem to be missing but I have to admit there are tons of extra scenes that are much better. I'm so afraid it will stall out the way My Queen did. Just like others have said, it was great until 15. We didn't get any great couple moments after that, and instead got mostly angst and absurdity. A Witch's Romance seems to have better momentum, though. I am confident it's heading someplace.

Yeah I think that is the dramas strengths, in that it started out great and kept up the momentum.
Man, it started out steamy and then it just fizzles out. Now episodes are just so draggy. 3 more episodes to go. Sigh. Hopefully it will improve now that the other guy is out of the picture.
I enjoyed this series and the chemistry but I couldn't buy into the age gap. Would I change anything about it? I don't think so, but at the same time I don't think they did a very realistic job at conveying the struggles they would have. Overcoming your personal feelings and becoming comfortable and confident about it is one thing but I don't think everyone else would be so nonchalant and accepting but they never encounter that. 

Does it have to be super realistic? No, but since it was never adequately addressed it wasn't believable and it kept taking me out of the drama. I like that it was light but not superficial, instead of being loaded and full of turmoil, but I still feel like it has to be said.