Hi! I am new to DramaList, so this is my first thread. I recently rewatched Mr. Queen, and I cannot help feeling dissatisfied with the ending. Although there was some attraction between Kim So-Yong and Cheoljong, as shown in the special episodes, he was swayed by Bong Hwan. Cheoljong and Bong Hwan were madly in love and had a child on the way. It was horrible that Bong Hwan was sent back to the future while those he loved had been dead for hundreds of years.

I know some people believe So-Yong deserved a second chance at life after the life unfair life she dealt with, but it was unfair to Cheoljong and Bong Hwan. Bong Hwan never met his child. It broke my heart when Cheoljong said that there "was something missing." 

What do you guys think?

yes the ending was unsatisfactory.... i wish we could get season2 in continuation 

I would love another season. Maybe Bong Hwan could have a close encounter with death and go back to see Cheoljong and the baby. Thank you so much for your reply!

opalitecloud:

I would love another season. Maybe Bong Hwan could have a close encounter with death and go back to see Cheoljong and the baby. Thank you so much for your reply!

or cheoljong reincarnates into a woman and finds bong hwan in 21 century

Too often dramas (especially kdramas) deliver endings that are disappointing and not what you were hoping for, a "forever happy together" ending for example. Some endings are just awful.

For me I prefer to watch a drama that delivers a satisfying ending rather than a wet towel slap in the face.

I wasn't too disappointed with Mr. Queen ending, because the whole drama was so great. For me the ending wasn't what made the show. The writers had to conclude the story somehow. I did read there are alternative endings, but I never went back to look at it.

If there's a Mr. Queen #2 it is unlikely to be the same cast. Maybe it's going to be Mrs. King or something, a joseon woman that travels into the future where she becomes a man that is a womanizing chabol.

@oppa_stalker That is a great idea! Imagine Cheoljong adapting to the modern world. ^-^

@ArniA Thanks for your comment! I really wanted a happy ending to the story, but the aspect that bothered me the most was that Cheoljong was in a relationship under pretenses. Although I completely prefer this ending to Moon Lovers ending. 

Am I the only one who is satisfied with the ending? Haha

The ending actually imparts positivity that benefits the people most.

Perhaps this is what was meant and realization of the phrase often said: 'I'll see you in my next life.' 

Cheoljong was given that chance in the future to see and experience  the seed  of the good deeds he and

with the aid of his then queen in terms of how  his kingdom has prospered from it.

The last captions listed these bylines:

Cheoljo led the reform with the people.
Cheoljo laid the foundation for democracy.

If you keep trying to change your life for the better,
you'll bring about positive change to the world,
just like Cheoljong and I did.

ArniA:

Too often dramas (especially kdramas) deliver endings that are disappointing and not what you were hoping for, a "forever happy together" ending for example. Some endings are just awful.

For me I prefer to watch a drama that delivers a satisfying ending rather than a wet towel slap in the face.

I wasn't too disappointed with Mr. Queen ending, because the whole drama was so great. For me the ending wasn't what made the show. The writers had to conclude the story somehow. I did read there are alternative endings, but I never went back to look at it.

If there's a Mr. Queen #2 it is unlikely to be the same cast. Maybe it's going to be Mrs. King or something, a joseon woman that travels into the future where she becomes a man that is a womanizing chabol.

I'm relatively new to kdrama and felt this way about 100 Days My Prince.  Strong story, leads, and supporting cast. lackluster ending for the romance, which driving force in the story.