Who do you think has the best & worst: ( & when I mean worst, I don't mean bad, but just not as good as the others) Appearance Vocals Talent etc & Who's your most/least favorite idol(s)? For me it would be: Appearance: Yoona (SNSD) for female & Gongchan (B1A4) for male Vocals: Lee Hong Ki & I don't have a most/least favorite, & don't know who would be the most talented >_<
I know this seemed like a good idea...but I think it is also a problematic thing to bring up. K-pop fandoms have tons of fanwars and arguments about stuff like this. So why fuel it by discussing best, worst, etc. All of which is subjective to the person. There is no actual scientific way to measure 'best/worst' when it comes to tastes. It varies and we all have list favourites that is an easy, innocent enough question to ask and discuss. No problem there....but the way you are phrasing your question I'm afraid that this thread might result in tons of people arguing about trivial things. :) Just a word of advice. :) Fans can be fierce and passionate.
Oh, I didn't think of that. If I could I would delete this post. I was just curious of opinions. Sorry
By the way. I have no problem discussing favourites and least favourites. Not trying to shut down your thread or anything. Just pre-emptive warning for anyone thinking this is where to come to bash an artist's looks or talent.
Animese wrote: Oh, I didn't think of that. If I could I would delete this post.
I was just curious of opinions.
Sorry

Don't be sorry
I know that wasn't your intention. :)
ActingAReaction wrote: By the way. I have no problem discussing favourites and least favourites.
Not trying to shut down your thread or anything.

Just pre-emptive warning for anyone thinking this is where to come to bash an artist's looks or talent.

Oh, it's okay. I appreciate the warning :D
I'm not sure about my answer...but if I had to pick one person who all round impresses me...hard thing....but for now I pick -Hyorin from Sistar. I love her energy, her vocals, her determination and her look. She deserves more love. :) If I had to pick a band that all round impresses me....I'd pick SHINee for their consistency, their unique spin on genres, sheer hard work, individual talent and impressive stage performances. I think they are the perfect boyband. Packaging wise. Though I'm originally a TVXQ5 and BIG BANG fan...since them...only SHINee has impressed me the same way. Even recent BIG BANG efforts haven't made me smile the same way SHINee does.( minus Fantastic baby which is incredible) If I had to pick the band that least impresses me...it'd have to be a toss up between 2PM and CN Blue. Only because I feel they had potential but didn't utilise their skills properly. I also feel they are slightly overrated in terms of the actual quality of their material. Btw not bashing. This not a personal vendetta against any members of either group (Huge fan of Jungshin <3 and I think all the 2pm boys are lovely). I just feel they both don't show enough growth as a band in terms of evolution in sound or performance. Also because I really love some songs by both bands and I feel they could do better over all. They're a bit mediocre to be honest...which they shouldn't be because of the talent they have at their disposal.
ActingAReaction wrote: I'm not sure about my answer...but if I had to pick one person who all round impresses me...hard thing....but for now I pick -Hyorin from Sistar.

I love her energy, her vocals, her determination and her look. She deserves more love. :)

If I had to pick a band that all round impresses me....I'd pick SHINee for their consistency, their unique spin on genres, sheer hard work, individual talent and impressive stage performances. I think they are the perfect boyband. Packaging wise. Though I'm originally a TVXQ5 and BIG BANG fan...since them...only SHINee has impressed me the same way.

Even recent BIG BANG efforts haven't made me smile the same way SHINee does.( minus Fantastic baby which is incredible)

If I had to pick the band that least impresses me...it'd have to be a toss up between 2PM and CN Blue.
Only because I feel they had potential but didn't utilise their skills properly. I also feel they are slightly overrated in terms of the actual quality of their material.

Btw not bashing. This not a personal vendetta against any members of either group (Huge fan of Jungshin <3 and I think all the 2pm boys are lovely).

I just feel they both don't show enough growth as a band in terms of evolution in sound or performance. Also because I really love some songs by both bands and I feel they could do better over all. They're a bit mediocre to be honest...which they shouldn't be because of the talent they have at their disposal.

Wow....... (Fantastic baby) XD
I think Hyorin has really powerful vocals too..... I love to hear her sing Fantastic Baby :D

For me, in my taste of music I only like a few songs from SHINee (they are a great group, very funny.... but I think most Idols are funny anyways.... xDD) TVXQ5, I should listen to more of their songs..... I don't know them very well, but I have heard a song or two from them before. But for Big Bang, I definitely agree, they are pretty talented.

I don't really have much to say about CNBlue or 2pm. I like a few of their music too, but I have listened to more FT Island, Big Bang, B1A4 songs. & just a few from every other groups honestly.
I love CNBlue :) lets fight ^^ (lol)
goldenseal50 wrote: I love CNBlue :) lets fight ^^ (lol)

SMOTHERS YOU...

With hugs! :)
x
for me they all have their moments. there is no one k-pop group/singer that i have come across that i like more than 70% of what they do not counting rookie groups b/c they just dont have the same body of work. as an over all entertainer though i always like g-dragon. even if the music doesnt get me, he's always entertaining.
Hmm, every time I think of an idol that I think is least talented, I think "well, but they're good at 'this' though". Taecyon is, um, not exactly a good rapper, but he's an incredible model. Nickhun or Siwon maybe, but I actually like their mild, imperfect voices and would be sad if their derpy faces and personalities (and beautiful bods) weren't in kpop land. Goo Hara, but she's not a half bad dancer and a lot of people love her face and personality (and yeah, I include looks and at least a personality to back it up as talents. It's part of entertainment). HyunA, but I kind of adore her when she's on variety shows and whatnot. Face and personality, again. I've seen a lot of lack of talent this year with the avalanche of debuts, but I think it's a bit unfair to include them. TLDR to say, maybe I don't have a least talented? As for most, the Kpop idols who have impressed the most consistently would be, with just thinking about it now, IU, Sunny Hill, Sistar, Brown Eyed Girls, 2AM, Taeyang, Tablo, Kyuhyun, Ali, and CNBlue (indeed, let us wage war Acting >:O ). And see, right there, I love CNBlue and think they're very talented while Acting listed them as not so much. Music is rather complicated because there's so much perspective and taste and different strokes, different folks. Even with something as seemingly concrete as measuring talent in certain areas.
gooseberry wrote: Hmm, every time I think of an idol that I think is least talented, I think "well, but they're good at 'this' though".

I agree! A prime example would be Jang Geun Suk who I think is a talented actor, obviously very good looking but when I heard him sing live I was very shocked! He could potentially have a good voice but I think it needs strengthening. I think he said he was going to focus on acting from now on anyway.
hi mmm well the title sure attracted me !! i dont think their is worst idol thing but however their is more like mmm overrated idols !! tones of them ! idols that r loved just cos of their good looking well! also their is groups that are not suposed to b their like 4minute !! i love the girlz and i think they r super talented but not suposed to be in one group with hyuna ! this just made them underrated and looks like bakup dancers !! i dont like also groups with over "cuteness/sexiness" i feel they dont have enough talent ! AS fr the best idol ! i had hard time picking who is the perfect idol !! well in terms of funny nice FAN/GROUP/MEMBers relation ship it ll be defntly Super junior ! and they r pretty talented in dancing/singing as well !! when it comes to TALENT their is no group as talented as DBSK and SHINee !! perfection !! gourgous live preformances(shinee sing even the chours live and even when you hear the mr removed ull think it's studio version or better" and strong vocal abelities" rarely DBSK's voice crakes althou their songs r hard with lot of long high notes !!! /SHINee's jonghyun reached 4octaves! honestly on this planet only few ppl can do it !! " and also dancing as well ( yunho and teamin dancing machines !!) thos 2 groups r the best !! as fr the girl categorie ill say ( sistar / 4minute for the talent ) and (WG fr their catshy music i think they r amazing ! not funny or somthing but natural ! and that's what i like bt them)
cityhunter83 wrote: for me they all have their moments. there is no one k-pop group/singer that i have come across that i like more than 70% of what they do not counting rookie groups b/c they just dont have the same body of work.

I totally agree with this...

But then again, Big Bang, SHINee and B.A.P stand out quite a lot for me.
This is because of their enthusiasm and all around talent.
I mean, B.A.P are still a rookie group, but look at how much talent they have. They have the looks, voices and style;D