I posted this in the Comments section already, but as it will get pushed down as others chime in with their chatter, I thought I'd share the spoilers here in the Topic section for those wanting spoilers.  The warning is in the subject heading.  I'm providing another warning here.. this topic contains spoilers!  So if you don't want to be spoiled, turn back now, and do not read further!!!!  

LCF is dead. Li Ni’s father abdicates the throne for his son.  [Edit to my Comments post to add: At last, the father comes to appreciate his son and father/son spend some precious moments together.  It's so sad because you can see in Li Ni's eyes how much he yearned for these kinds of moments as a child.]

Li Ni becomes the emperor and A’Ying his empress,

Ms Gu is seen running around the marketplace all crazy trying to tell everyone she’s the empress.

Ear successfully proposes to Peach.

As in their older days, A’Ying makes a bet with Li Ni. She’s going to tell him something and if he opens his eyes, she wins and if he keeps them closed, he wins. He is familiar with her tricks and vows to keep his eyes closed… except she tells him she’s pregnant.

Also as in their olden days, A’Ying asks what they’re going to name their child and he answers A’Dao and A’Zhen. She asks if he’s really serious and then says if it’s a boy, they’ll go with the former and if a girl, the latter.

She gives birth to an A’Dao!

After a few years Li Ni makes good on his promise and abdicates his thrown. When the drama ends, he’s living in Laolan Pass with A’Ying and now they have an A’Zhen too. What a happy foursome, with Ear and Peach still by their sides.

It’s a very happy, tidy ending! ❤️

Thanks for the preview! I can now relax and enjoy the rest without the gnawing anxiety I always feel when I really love the characters. ?

Thanks for the spoilers! I can now await the remainder of the episodes in relaxation!

LCF better died a slow painful death!

Thank you. Still watching though trying to figure out how she woke up when she did in 39 lol. 

Enigma05:

Thank you. Still watching though trying to figure out how she woke up when she did in 39 lol. 

In 40, she explains to Peach what it was like when she woke up - how it felt like she'd been in a long dream and at first, she couldn't move until slowly all her faculties returned and then she was able to fly out of the coffin.  Peach says that after listening to her description, it sounds like a medicine she'd once made to fake death.  She then asks if Peach had ever given that medicine to LCF and Peach answers yes, because at that time, he was still "gong zi" (fake Cui Lin) and so she gave all the leftover medicine to him.  

Peach? You mean Taozi? 

Enigma05:

Peach? You mean Taozi? 

Yes. Taozi is “peach” in Chinese and that’s how Viki has been translating her name. Other sites may use Taozi, the pinyin of her name. 

No translation on Tencent/wetv lol. I wish she woke up in Wonderland instead when he was screaming in agony. In the coffin in the middle of a fight I don’t know it was too dramatic but I guess it spoke to her character as a general’s daughter. They wanted dramatic, they got it lol. Poor ML was in shock.

Thank you for writing this. I am a fan of a happy ending.