Elise:
Xiang Liu's death: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/m6IHRuOXLJY

I clicked like a fool 'cause I wanted to see the comments.

Now I'll be seated for the reactions. Already getting my popcorn ready.

I read some of those comments and idk why but they make me feel soo refreshed ?

"If he really dies in the drama then I will be sad forever, they shouldn't kill the most anticipated character in the show."

The reply: Don’t be sad dear he is like Jack in the Titanic movie and he will be always an incredible character in our hearts.

"He is the Best Male lead out of them All ????
can believe in my life for the first time I watched such a long series only for him ?"

"There are floods in Beijing now. I hope everyone is safe." There will definitely be floods from all the tears when his death scene appears ?

"Aren’t they nine lives? It’s too tragic to die?????(╥╯﹏╰╥)ง "

"if Xiang Liu dies in these drama I m not going to watch season 2 for sure"

"Why does he look like he’s covered in flour?" For real though, he looks so pale compared to the staff.

"sad! ! !
Xiang Liu may seem cold and cold, but whenever he is treated badly by others, he responds with love and life, to his adoptive father, to Xiao Yao, to the soldiers, and even to old Mrs. Fangfeng. He always puts himself at the top of the list. In the end, there is no need to hesitate to burn yourself out.
May Xiang Liu be able to protect himself in the next life, have someone by his side, have a place to go, and be happy and worry-free."

"I'm looking forward to the broadcast, but I don't want to see Xiang Liu stabbed in the heart by thousands of arrows. It's so heartbreaking. I will definitely cry??"

"I am already crying?
Waesama....wae why did they have to do this to him. I don't think I can handle this moment.??"

"Xiang Liu, after this battle, the wilderness will lose you.
But you succeeded in one battle. Even if this process is heartbreaking, I will accompany you through it.
I hope you will only follow the path of flowers from now on in the parallel world. Your love will definitely give you someone to depend on, a place to go, the ability to protect yourself, and happiness and peace of mind from now on..."

refresh the page until you see the emojis. they keep turning into question marks lol

Yeah, he's the most beloved character, that's without a shadow of a doubt. It's comforting, it really is.

Elise:
"Why does he look like he’s covered in flour?" For real though, he looks so pale compared to the staff.

Hahahah 'cause he's a deliciously fluffy Chinese bun. *chef's kiss*

Recipe below:

Soft Fluffy Chinese Steamed Buns Recipe

Elise

I read some of those comments and idk why but they make me feel soo refreshed ?

"If he really dies in the drama then I will be sad forever, they shouldn't kill the most anticipated character in the show."

The reply: Don’t be sad dear he is like Jack in the Titanic movie and he will be always an incredible character in our hearts.

Oh that’s quite apt. He was penniless, a temporary companion who enjoyed life, selfless, made a choice knowing the consequences. A character who stays in one’s memory and heart. 

Also, he died in the ocean with no grave to visit. When Rose returns the heart of the ocean to him at the end of her life, demonstrating that she never forgot Jack and never let go of her feelings for him despite marrying and finding happiness with a good man, she can only drop it over the site of the shipwreck. 

Now I’m picturing XY at the end of a long deity life visiting the island where XL died and leaving the sea map jewel he gave her there, in a similar gesture and for the same reasons, before her death. 

Oh and I’m picturing that rumoured variety show wedding as a scene like the last scene from Titanic… we see a bunch of signs that XL’s influence remained a big part of XY’s life. Then we enter her dream as she dies. 

In Rose’s dream, she and Jack are young and back on the titanic again in its original glory. They are surrounded by friendly faces of their fellow travellers and crew. Jack extends a hand to her. She goes to him, wearing a wedding dress, and kisses him while the onlookers clap. They are finally together again. This time, forever. The shot pans up to the bright glass ceiling and fades to white.

In XY’s dream, she’s young again, and back on the ocean surface. She is wearing the wedding gown that she wore when FFB took her away from her wedding with Feng Long. The full moon is rising, and XL is standing in the clam shell. He extends his hand to her. Reminiscent of the hand extended by the mermaid sitting in the clam shell in the ice crystal ball. XY walks to him and takes his hand. They kiss, finally together, and the shot pans up to the full moon and fades to white. 

I would be so down for that.  SO DOWN.

AH :
In XY’s dream, she’s young again, and back on the ocean surface. She is wearing the wedding gown that she wore when FFB took her away from her wedding with Feng Long. The full moon is rising, and XL is standing in the clam shell. He extends his hand to her. Reminiscent of the hand extended by the mermaid sitting in the clam shell in the ice crystal ball. XY walks to him and takes his hand. They kiss, finally together, and the shot pans up to the full moon and fades to white.

That is now my only headcanon. Thank you.

nathsketch:

That is now my only headcanon. Thank you. 

I think I might adopt it into my head canon too. 

I even think it parallels the end of XY’s mother’s story to a certain extent, and not in a bad way. After her marriage, Ah Heng never forgot or stopped loving Qi Yo. When he died, he left part of himself (literally his heart and his soul) with her, accompanying her like that for 400 years. Which is a bit like the essential blood that XL transfused into XY, the lives he used to extend hers, and the items he gave her that were filled with his wishes for her (her bow representing her ability to protect herself, the sea map jewel representing the place she would always be able to go, and the ice crystal ball with the added figure of a man taking the mermaid’s hand representing the person she could rely on). All of which she will keep with her for the rest of her life.

After meeting XY, Ah Heng can finally pass on to be with Qi Yo in death. When her mother dies, XY sees both of her parents’ spirits, young and whole and together, before they disappear.

——-

Chapter 36:

Ah Heng smiled and kissed Xiao Yao on the peach blossom birthmark on her forehead and Xiao Yao watched as her mom turned into a beautiful blue light that joined the red peach blossom petals dancing around.

In the haze Xiao Yao saw her father wearing a red robe standing beside her mother dressed in blue. Her father was still the proud and powerful warrior in her memory and her mother was back being her beautiful vibrant old self. The two of them were standing side by side in embrace while smiling at Xiao Yao.

For the yaoliu shippers, in an alternate (maybe) universe

Yang zi just shared a video, with hogan shoes, tan jian ci shared these same shoes way earlier than yang zi did, so theres a lot of noise at weibo tgzm ship today. the song used in douyin was a point of discussion, the version used in her weibo studio had whatever song which was the same song danced by tjc at qixi. 

for context, yz i think is collaborating with hogan (her black and white photo shoot recently had logan boots), tjc used to collaborate with hogan. 

https://x.com/toastmybuns1/status/1709138522333204748?s=46&

whether true or not, its cute. xiao yao and xiang liu in modern world  are sharing the same style. 

bugei:

For the yaoliu shippers, in an alternate (maybe) universe

Yang zi just shared a video, with hogan shoes, tan jian ci shared these same shoes way earlier than yang zi did, so theres a lot of noise at weibo tgzm ship today. the song used in douyin was a point of discussion, the version used in her weibo studio had whatever song which was the same song danced by tjc at qixi. 

for context, yz i think is collaborating with hogan (her black and white photo shoot recently had logan boots), tjc used to collaborate with hogan. 

https://x.com/toastmybuns1/status/1709138522333204748?s=46&

whether true or not, its cute. xiao yao and xiang liu in modern world  are sharing the same style. 

That's so wonderful!! I love this!!!

AH :
Chapter 36:

Ah Heng smiled and kissed Xiao Yao on the peach blossom birthmark on her forehead and Xiao Yao watched as her mom turned into a beautiful blue light that joined the red peach blossom petals dancing around.

In the haze Xiao Yao saw her father wearing a red robe standing beside her mother dressed in blue. Her father was still the proud and powerful warrior in her memory and her mother was back being her beautiful vibrant old self. The two of them were standing side by side in embrace while smiling at Xiao Yao.

I LOVE your final dream sequence and how it mirrors this scene with her parents.  The moon and the clam shell and holding his hand out to her ... that is beautiful!

Thank you!

It always goes back to Titanic. That door scene traumatized me when I was 7, now it's going to happen all over again SMH

nathsketch:

It always goes back to Titanic. That door scene traumatized me when I was 7, now it's going to happen all over again SMH

Focus on the DREAM!!!!

Kokuto:

Focus on the DREAM!!!!

It's all I do! I'm basically living in Inception!