We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Symbolika1:

Ok just before diving, very quick glance lol ...ok i stared quick on the bottom left...ok, now i'm all yours :D (thx for sharing :))

Haha us being so visual here ? sure no prob?

Symbolika1:

Can you post the s2 YaoJing pic on here once more? I’m talking about the kiss scene?

dtsj_sapphire:

yessss thankssss Romans_Revenge, that's the last time i think that the magnolia flower or tree was mentioned linking yaojing, and that's the most painful part that flower was involved w/yaojing. i so wanted to see this in the drama. it's one of the most evidence of xy missing Jing sm like when she thought he died, she couldn't accept it. (⁠T⁠T⁠)(⁠T⁠T⁠)

Romans_Revenge:

Also even before the magnolia, there were other flowers between them but the magnolia really stuck out through the chapters. Also when XY & left ear were being targeted by Xing Yue, she later saw magnolia flowers & started crying, calling out Jing’s name. Left ear had to gather as many flowers as he can so that she doesn’t pass out,cos that was the only thing keeping her sanity & awake.

The magnolia flower tea to drink, that’s in chapter 33 ... when Jing told XiaoYao that FFYY & Hou comploted ( with grannys littlt  help) and explaining to her that the kid is not being his son.

Also this from Pammy:

Pammy 

Sep 12, 2023 11:46 am

Magnolia flower references during XY missing Jing are just heartbreaking.

"Jing, I've planted magnolia trees on Xiao Yue Peak, when the flowers bloom I will sing for you." Xiao Yao thought of this during lantern release at chapter 44. 

Also during Xiao Yao yet another assassination attempt against her, she saw Magnolias. Left Ear pluck some flowers and gave it on XY. "When the weather is nice I'll wash your hair, and you can wash my hair, Jing. Don't forget to pluck the leaves in the morning dew." Seems like Magnolia flowers is really reminding her of Jing. 

When the sun sets and she couldn't see the Magnolias she started crying. "Jing, the flower is gone! I can't see you anymore!" She was delirious and was about to close her eyes. Left Ear lit up a fire so she can see the flowers. He did it so he can comfort XY, make her stay conscious and she tried hard to open her eyes.

PAIN???

Oh and remember when CX later found them, XY started smiling & CX thought she was happy to see him not knowing she thought he was Jing. When she called Jing,CX froze & all XY could keep saying was Jing Jing,you’re finally back..I’ve missed you soo much, don’t leave me.

Symbolika1:

:D ! :D!

*YASSS!*

She looks like a teen here . Bless her. 

Romans_Revenge:

Can you post the s2 YaoJing pic on here once more? I’m talking about the kiss scene?

Leaked Kiss of S2 - Xiao Yao & Tushan Jing

Symbolika1:

I'm still stuck with him on that hill...picking up heartbreaked the seeds on the ground, all messed in the grass...

yesss me too and i was looking for that Yt vid since @Susuwatari789 mentioned that earlier coz i felt hurt  again for Jing remembering it.(⁠T⁠T⁠)

here's what i found, the bgm is just making me??

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/YpryavwgE_U

im sure there's another one i just couldn't find it

btw, here's a fan art i found on weibo ?? love his spirit fox included in the photo. ?

peng-peng:

She looks like a teen here . Bless her. 

Hahaha I love her so much too! What a beautifull female character! <3

She really took time to reharse and "grasp" that Xiao Liu vibe...

yess thanksss @Symbolika1 for sharing this here, went to s1 thread before too to look for the flower symbolism topic and links?

Pammy 

Magnolia flower references during XY missing Jing are just heartbreaking.

"Jing, I've planted magnolia trees on Xiao Yue Peak, when the flowers bloom I will sing for you." Xiao Yao thought of this during lantern release at chapter 44. 

Also during Xiao Yao yet another assassination attempt against her, she saw Magnolias. Left Ear pluck some flowers and gave it on XY. "When the weather is nice I'll wash your hair, and you can wash my hair, Jing. Don't forget to pluck the leaves in the morning dew." Seems like Magnolia flowers is really reminding her of Jing. 

When the sun sets and she couldn't see the Magnolias she started crying. "Jing, the flower is gone! I can't see you anymore!" She was delirious and was about to close her eyes. Left Ear lit up a fire so she can see the flowers. He did it so he can comfort XY, make her stay conscious and she tried hard to open her eyes.

PAIN???

I remember reading this and other flowers mentioned, loved the topic started.??

Romans_Revenge:

Oh and remember when CX later found them, XY started smiling & CX thought she was happy to see him not knowing she thought he was Jing. When she called Jing,CX froze & all XY could keep saying was Jing Jing,you’re finally back..I’ve missed you soo much, don’t leave me.

Beautifully acted and filmed. I remember off course !

dtsj_sapphire:

yesss me too and i was looking for that Yt vid since @Susuwatari789 mentioned that earlier coz i felt hurt  again for Jing remembering it.(⁠T⁠T⁠)

btw, here's a fan art i found on weibo ?? love his spirit fox included in the photo. ?

Here is the proof to those detractors, DENG WEI can act! Directors has praised him consistently with his acting. That scene, the bone prison, etc.And also he debuted a couple of years ago! And also he is now leading a drama!(TJoCZ don’t count)

FYI:A Korean actress had once said that to see real tears it when they cry from the side of their eyes. If you see tears coming out in the middle of the eyes , it’s from eye drops(no hate if you can’t cry or use eye drops)

Blueberries Field 

Pammy:

Could it be that the Magnolia flower symbolizes their second chance? ??? As it first appeared when Jing and XY had a heart to heart after a long time of separation. And cleared a misunderstanding between them. But as far as I know, Magnolia flowers is reminding XY of Jing as based from the excerpts I shared.

I imagine that Tong Hua did not just casually pick a flower that was mentioned several times in her novel. So I asked ChatGPT about the meaning of Magnolia flower in China ->  "In Chinese art, the magnolia flower is a symbol of nobility and perseverance. It is often depicted in artwork as a symbol of the beauty and strength of women. The magnolia is also considered a symbol of spring, as it blooms early in the year and symbolizes the renewal of life . "

kayjxy 

some important points regarding the magnolia tree, flower 

associated w/ healing, encouragement, relaxation, love, joy, romance, purity

https://www.petalrepublic.com/magnolia-flower-meaning/#:~:text=Pink%20magnolia%20flowers%20represent%20innocence,well%20as%20femininity%20and%20romance.

"Pink magnolias associated with joy and romance... also a welcoming sight in the home."(XY saw the magnolias and thought about Jing)

"Xiao Yao’s eyes were unfocused and didn’t seem to see Left Ear, instead smiling at the distance “Magnolias.” Left Ear saw that Xiao Yao liked those pink flowers and quickly plucked an armful to bring back and place around her... Xiao Yao tried hard and opened her eyes and took in the flowers."

other defns shared from s1 that inspired me reading and connecting magnolias to yaojing esp healing and relaxation like what you @Romans_Revenge shared during the yaojing conversation that made us teary eyed reading right? but at the same time feeling consoled that both talked things out and the other before Xuan found them(⁠T⁠T⁠)^⁠_⁠^

Susuwatari789:

Here is the proof to those detractors, DENG WEI can act! Directors has praised him consistently with his acting. That scene, the bone prison, etc.And also he debuted a couple of years ago! And also he is now leading a drama!(TJoCZ don’t count)

FYI:A Korean actress had once said that to see real tears it when they cry from the side of their eyes. If you see tears coming out in the middle of the eyes , it’s from eye drops(no hate if you can’t cry or use eye drops)

ohhh thanksss for that info(⁠^⁠^⁠). yesss DW did great and he said he was just guided by the emotions of the char and didn't intend to keep crying throughout {that's what i remember he said}. And you're right, it was his real tears, we've seen the bts for dragon bone prison and cherry blossom xy's death, he was wiping his tears and trying to get into the char's mood. 

dtsj_sapphire:

Symbolika1:

Leaked Kiss of S2 - Xiao Yao & Tushan Jing

Jing has closed his eyes not seeing how XY is looking at him in such a loving way. I’m sure he’d have kissed her for more than 30min if he figured it out lol