Chapter 7 – People Become Far Away and the Road Becomes Long:

The Chess Match : The Loser Treat

The cold Winter left and the warm Spring arrived. Ma Zi’s second daughter was turning one and Xiao Liu went out to buy some snacks for the family banquet.

He forgot to bring money and was about to borrow some from Xuan when Jing walked over and paid for him.

Xiao Liu shoved the snacks in his arms “You paid for it, you eat it!” He turned and left but Xuan saw them and called out “Xiao Liu, Shi Qi.”

Xiao Liu had no choice but to walk into the wine shop. There was no one there and Xuan was drinking alone and playing with a chess board. Xiao Liu sat down and Jing followed and sat down as well.

Xuan asked “One match?” Xiao Liu recently learned chess from Xuan so he was itching to play.

“I’m not talking to you, I’m asking him.” Xuan pointed at Jing.

Xiao Liu was a lousy chess player, making moves slow and would even renege and take a move back. Xuan played a few times with him and vowed never to do it again.

Xiao Liu was insulted “You’re looking down on me!”

“I am looking down on you!” Xuan didn’t try to hide his disgust towards Xiao Liu’s chess playing but then very courteously asked Shi Qi “What of it? One match? I’ve heard you excel at all the artistic disciplines from painting, chess, books, and music.”

Jing lowered his head and asked Xiao Liu “Shall I play with him?”

“You’re the one playing, what does it have to do with me?” “I listen to you, if you say for me to play, I’ll play. If you say no, then I won’t.” Xiao Liu wanted to get angry but his lips curled upward and he didn’t say anything. Jing stared intently at Xiao Liu.

Xuan rapped the table a few times “Hey, hey….I know you two are close, but…..”

Xiao Liu angrily huffed “Who’s close with him?” while at the same time Jing said “We’re close, and it doesn’t concern you.” Both of them stared at Xuan, with Xiao Liu looking furious while Jing looked very calm.

Xuan laughed at Xiao Liu “Doesn’t matter if you guys are close or not, he listens to you. Have him play with me. I’ve heard of his famous reputation for so long but never had a chance.”

Xiao Liu’s eyes twirled “I want to play, too.” Xuan sighed “Fine, you place the pieces, he calls the moves.”

Xiao Liu picked up a piece and Jing would softly give a move and Xiao Liu would place the piece. Xuan smiled and followed suit. After some time, Xuan understood that Jing’s reputation wasn’t unwarranted.

People came to buy wine but Xuan wasn’t interested. He put a servant at the counter and told no one was to come bother him.

Piece after piece, Xuan slowly stopped laughing and stared at the chess board. People say its hard to meet a kindred spirit and to meet a true chess playing equal is a very happy occurrence. Xuan’s chess was taught by the Yellow Emperor and the people he practiced with were the great generals of the Xuan Yuan Kingdom. Nowadays when Xuan played chess he usually only put a third of an effort into it. Today he was putting 100% of his effort into this match. Xuan put a piece down and felt it was a good move.

He was excitedly waiting for Jing to make the counter and heard him say something to Xiao Liu. But Xiao Liu shook his head and pointed elsewhere “I think it should be placed here.” Jing smiled and didn’t object “Fine, then place it there.”

Xiao Liu happily placed the piece but Xuan hollered “I allow you to renege on a move. Make a different move!” Xiao Liu replied “I’ve decided, it’s going there.” Xuan pleaded with Jing “Please reconsider.”

Xiao Liu was impatient “You’re so annoying! When I want to renege on a move you won’t let me, and now I don’t want to renege you want me to.”

Xuan felt such pent up frustration, like his greatest excitement at putting on a new outfit only to find the mouse had eaten a hole in it. He placed his move and already knew in how many moves he would win. Jing said something and Xiao Liu placed a piece.

Xuan exhaled as the frustration was lifted, like seeing the hole being in a place that can’t be seen so the outfit was still good. Xuan thought and placed a piece. Jing said something to Xiao Liu but he shook his head “Your idea is bad, I want it there.”

“Fine, that’s a good place.” Jing still smiled and complimented Xiao Liu as if Xiao Liu’s chess skill was exemplary and every move was brilliant, as opposed to completely and utterly crap.

Xiao Liu happily placed the piece and Xuan felt like he found a second mouse eaten hole in his clothes. He said “I highly suggest you change your move.” Xiao Liu glared at him “No!”

Xuan countered and then Jing gave a move and then back and forth, and suddenly Xuan felt like the hole was once again out of sight and he was excited again.

Jing lowered his head but Xiao Liu shook his head and said “There.” “Okay.” Xiao Liu put the piece down and by now Xuan had given up and was only curious to see how Jing continued to transform the worst moves into a save. After an hour the chess match was over and Jing lost. Xuan won but didn’t feel happy whereas Jing lost and was smiling.

Xiao Liu asked Jing “Was it because of my moves that you lost?” “No, your moves were great, it was my moves that were bad.” Xiao Liu happily giggled while Xuan wearily clasped his head.

Xiao Liu saw that it was almost dark and laughed “Winner treats! Heard there was a new roasted meat restaurant in town. Let’s go try it.”

“Sure.” Jing answered so quickly that Xuan wondered if perhaps Jing did not know the word “no” when he was talking to Xiao Liu. Xuan pointed to himself “I didn’t say yes yet.” Jing looked at him “Loser will treat.” Xuan controlled his laugh and glanced at Xiao Liu “Sure!”

The three of them left the shop and walked down the street. It was Xiao Liu and Xuan bickering with each other while Jing listened quietly. Xiao Liu was happy so Jing’s eyes reflected that happiness.

I consider this whole chess match scene somehow chilling overall rather than competing although it is a chess match. Xiao Liu tried to avoid Jing. Nevertheless, she was  totally happy to play chess with Xuan, and was spoiled by Jing. In fact, Jing let Xiao Liu lead the match, although she's crappy in it, but he will fix it up for her. Winning or losing is not important as long as there is happiness. In this way, Xiao Liu also get to enjoy the match.

In the context, it is said that Xuan only used one third of his skill in playing with others. However, with Jing, Master Qing Qiu, he was putting 100%. He was not so happy he won in the end because the opponent Jing, may not have used all his skills. 

@Symbolika1

The banter and negotiations after the chess match reveal both moments of unity and disunity among the characters. Jing and Xiao Liu share good time, while Xuan's disdain introduces discord. These moments foreshadow intricate dynamics in their relationships.

Your cover a lot already ..♡...several scenes 

Yes very true.  Jing led Xiao Liu to lead the match and he will fix it for her if she need it. One thing for sure is they are both happy by doing so. As for Xuan, he may have wanted a more competing match. And yes he paid not much attention to Xiao Liu. 

Further  CX-chess game attitude and possible further motives -notes :

C.Xuan's interest in the Tu Shan family is suggested in the passage through his inquiries and considerations regarding Jing's past and the family's influence. However, the nature of his interest is not explicitly detailed. Here are a few points to consider:

• Political and Strategic Interest:

• Xuan's awareness of the Tu Shan family's businesses covering a vast wilderness and the potential impact of Jing's role on the Tu Shan clan suggests a political and strategic interest. The family's influence and connections could have broader implications in the narrative.

Quote: "Because the Tu Shan family’s businesses blanket the entire vast wilderness, and he represents the future of the clan and that will determine whether the Tu Shan clan is my friend or foe."

• Investigation into Jing's Past:

• Xuan's attempts to investigate Jing's past and the secrecy surrounding Jing's unspoken history indicate a keen interest in understanding the dynamics within the Tu Shan family. Xuan's curiosity may be driven by a desire for information that could potentially benefit him or affect the larger political landscape.

Quote: "I did investigate, but you trained Chuan Zi and Ma Zi well, and they didn’t reveal anything."

Pragmatic Considerations:

• Xuan's pragmatic acknowledgment of the limitations of gratitude and his reliance on connections and background suggest a calculated approach to his interactions with Jing and, by extension, the Tu Shan family. His emphasis on the importance of time in developing connections implies a strategic mindset.

Quote: "But at least I have that, and that takes time to develop connections."

While the passage hints at Xuan's interest, the specific motivations behind his curiosity and potential plans remain ambiguous. Further developments in the story may shed light on Xuan's true intentions and the extent of his involvement with the Tu Shan family.

Chapter 7 People Become Far Away and the Road Becomes Long

(my comments are in blue)

XY and TSJ on their journey to Forever never Parting

A- [The cold Winter left and the warm Spring arrived. Ma Zi’s second daughter was turning one and Xiao Liu went out to buy some snacks for the family banquet.
He forgot to bring money and was about to borrow some from Xuan when
 Jing walked over and paid for him.
Xiao Liu shoved the snacks in his arms “You paid for it, you eat it!” He turned and left but Xuan saw them and called out “Xiao Liu, Shi Qi.”
Xiao Liu had no choice but to walk into the wine shop. There was no one there and Xuan was drinking alone and playing with a chess board. Xiao Liu sat down and Jing followed and sat down as well.
Xuan asked “One match?Xiao Liu recently learned chess from Xuan so he was itching to play.
“I’m not talking to you, I’m asking him.” Xuan pointed at Jing.

Xiao Liu was a lousy chess player, making moves slow and would even renege and take a move back. Xuan played a few times with him and vowed never to do it again.
Xiao Liu was insulted “You’re looking down on me!”
“I am looking down on you!” Xuan didn’t try to hide his disgust towards Xiao Liu’s chess playing but then very courteously asked Shi Qi “What of it? One match? I’ve heard you excel at all the artistic disciplines from painting, chess, books, and music.”
Jing lowered his head and asked Xiao Liu “Shall I play with him?”
“You’re the one playing, what does it have to do with me?” “I listen to you, if you say for me to play, I’ll play. If you say no, then I won’t.” 
Xiao Liu wanted to get angry but his lips curled upward and he didn’t say anything. Jing stared intently at Xiao Liu.
Xuan rapped the table a few times “Hey, hey….I know you two are close, but…..”
Xiao Liu angrily huffed “Who’s close with him?” while at the same time Jing said “We’re close, and it doesn’t concern you.” Both of them stared at Xuan, with Xiao Liu looking furious while Jing looked very calm.
Xuan laughed at Xiao Liu “Doesn’t matter if you guys are close or not,
 he listens to you. Have him play with me. I’ve heard of his famous reputation for so long but never had a chance.”
Xiao Liu’s eyes twirled “I want to play, too.” Xuan sighed “Fine, you place the pieces, he calls the moves.”
Xiao Liu picked up a piece and Jing would softly give a move and Xiao Liu would place the piece. Xuan smiled and followed suit. After some time, Xuan understood that Jing’s reputation wasn’t unwarranted.
People came to buy wine but Xuan wasn’t interested. He put a servant at the counter and told no one was to come bother him.
Piece after piece, Xuan slowly stopped laughing and stared at the chess board. People say its hard to meet a kindred spirit and to meet a true chess playing equal is a very happy occurrence. Xuan’s chess was taught by the Yellow Emperor and the people he practiced with were the great generals of the Xuan Yuan Kingdom. Nowadays when Xuan played chess he usually only put a third of an effort into it. Today he was putting 100% of his effort into this match. Xuan put a piece down and felt it was a good move.
He was excitedly waiting for Jing to make the counter and heard him say something to Xiao Liu. 
But Xiao Liu shook his head and pointed elsewhere “I think it should be placed here.” Jing smiled and didn’t object “Fine, then place it there.”
Xiao Liu happily placed the piece but Xuan hollered “I allow you to renege on a move. Make a different move!” Xiao Liu replied “I’ve decided, it’s going there.” Xuan pleaded with Jing “Please reconsider.”........
.....................Xuan exhaled as the frustration was lifted, like seeing the hole being in a place that can’t be seen so the outfit was still good. Xuan thought and placed a piece. Jing said something to Xiao Liu but he shook his head “Your idea is bad, I want it there.”
Fine, that’s a good place.” Jing still smiled and complimented Xiao Liu as if Xiao Liu’s chess skill was exemplary and every move was brilliant, as opposed to completely and utterly crap.
Xiao Liu happily placed the piece and Xuan felt like he found a second mouse eaten hole in his clothes. He said “I highly suggest you change your move.” Xiao Liu glared at him “No!”.
Jing lowered his head but Xiao Liu shook his head and said “There.” “Okay.” Xiao Liu put the piece down and by now Xuan had given up and was only curious to see how
 Jing continued to transform the worst moves into a save. After an hour the chess match was over and Jing lost. Xuan won but didn’t feel happy whereas Jing lost and was smiling.
Xiao Liu asked Jing “Was it because of my moves that you lost?” “No, your moves were great, it was my moves that were bad.” Xiao Liu happily giggled while Xuan wearily clasped his head.
Xiao Liu saw that it was almost dark and laughed “Winner treats! Heard there was a new roasted meat restaurant in town. Let’s go try it.”
Sure.Jing answered so quickly that Xuan wondered if perhaps Jing did not know the word “no” when he was talking to Xiao Liu. Xuan pointed to himself “I didn’t say yes yet.”
 Jing looked at him “Loser will treat.” Xuan controlled his laugh and glanced at Xiao Liu “Sure!”
The three of them left the shop and walked down the street. It was Xiao Liu and Xuan bickering with each other while Jing listened quietly. Xiao Liu was happy so Jing’s eyes reflected that happiness.]

We see in  the beginning that Jing paid for what Xiao L wanted  to purchase but his good intention got the wrong effect as  Xiao Liu rejected his gesture.   This shows Jing desires to treat Xiao L Xiao Liu refusal show he does not want to have any further relationship with Jing as he previously stated in previous chapters.  They are them both called by Xuan for game of chess as he would like to  take this opportunity to play against Jing 's renown skills.   Jin would like to spend time with Xiao L  and take this opportunity to remind him that he listen to him and  thus want him to have the final word in Jing staying  to play or  not.  This pleases Xiao Liu a lot.

- "Jing lowered his head and asked Xiao Liu “Shall I play with him?”
“You’re the one playing, what does it have to do with me?” “I listen to you, if you say for me to play, I’ll play. If you say no, then I won’t.”

Xiao Liu wanted to get angry but his lips curled upward and he didn’t say anything. Jing stared intently at Xiao Liu. "

We see that even Xuan knows that Jing listens  to Xiao Liu. Jing politely asking Xuan can do mind his own business and not involve himself in his affair regarding Xiao.

-"Xuan rapped the table a few times “Hey, hey….I know you two are close, but…..”
Xiao Liu angrily huffed “Who’s close with him?” while at the same time Jing said “We’re close, and it doesn’t concern you.” Both of them stared at Xuan, with Xiao Liu looking furious while Jing looked very calm.
Xuan laughed at Xiao Liu “Doesn’t matter if you guys are close or not,
 he listens to you. 

During  the match Jing took the opportunity to treat Xiao Liu delicately. They played as partners and he let her be in control of  the game under his guidance whilst also making sure that Xuan has the chance to experience his expertise  even if a little. Jing ended up loosing due to Xiao liu. He graciously blamed  himself  to keep Xiao liu in a good mood.  In order to still be able to treat  and please his Xiao Liu to the new road meat restaurant she wanted to try,  Jing quickly agreed to her request and  assertively told  Xuan "Loser will treat."  These showcase  how smart Jing is  and   his tactics to please his Xiao Liu and spend some time with her.

[The second Jing saw the carriage the laughter disappeared from his eyes. He lowered his eyes and stood frozen in place. Xiao Liu asked “Who was that? That was awesome!” Xuan shot a glance at Jing and said nothing.

Xiao Liu asked “Why was there a bow and arrow embroidered on the window curtain?”
Xuan explained “That is the emblem of the Fang Feng family. The Fang Feng family are all archers, and legend has it their ancestor could shoot down the stars. Not every family member has the right to embroider the emblem, and the size also matters. Based on that, the person in that carriage must be an extraordinary archer.”
Xiao Liu whistled “No wonder everyone stopped and stared in fear.” Xiao Liu thought the Fang Feng name sounded familiar and looked at Jing. The way Jing looked suddenly made Xiao Liu remember the connection. He turned his head away. 

The carriage passed and people started moving again but the three of them remained standing there. Xiao Liu laughed at Jing “Since your fiancee is here, we won’t bother your reunion. Bye!” Xiao Liu dragged Xuan off, leaving Jing standing there watching them disappear around the corner.................................

Jing eyes reflected his sadness but he wordlessly walked back.]

We see that the "get together "being put to an end by the arrival of  FFYY coming to town.  Jing reaction b. tells us  that not all is perfect between him and his fiancée.  `Xiao Liu reacted ton this by dismissing Jing and urging him to attend ton his fiancee. We all know that he is hurt.

[These days, everyone was talking about Miss Fang Feng and the Tu Shan second lord. Xiao Liu decided not to leave the house but couldn’t even escape it at home........................

Xiao Liu put his bowl down “I’m full, you guys eat. I’m going out for a walk.
Xiao Liu walked along the river and sat down on a rock with his mind in a daze. He plucked a flower and pulled off its petals, tossing it in the river. Suddenly a white condor called and before Xiao Liu could even gasp he was wrenched onto the back of the condor by Xiang Liu.
Xiao Liu waved with a smile “Long time no see. How’ve you been?”

We can see that everywhere  Xiao Liu went, he could hear talk about Jing and his fiancee and it is  not easy for him even though he has been trying to distance himself from Jing which is suppose to diminish  the feeling  of longing he has for him.   He thinks about the situation , he is feeling confused and is not able to think clearly about all this. Distraction present itself in the form of XL who takes Xiao Liu away. 

WXL-XL

[Xiao Liu was stunned and could only grab onto Xiang Liu with a tentacled creature grasp. The wind whistled past and Xiang Liu stared coldly “Shall I use you as a cushion?” Xiao Liu violently shook his head with his eyes full of pleading but Xiang Liu didn’t appear moved. They were descending so fast as if they were going to be smashed to smithereens. Right at the moment before impacting the water, Xiang Liu suddenly turned and flipped Xiao Liu on top.
With a giant plop, the two of them entered the water and a giant wave rose up. Even though Xiang Liu absorbed the brunt of the impact, Xiao Liu was still rocked by the waves and his head was spinning and his entire body ached. Because his limbs were in such pain, he couldn’t grab onto Xiang Liu and his body sunk into the depths.
Xiang Liu floated in the water staring as he sunk towards the bottom of the lake. Xiao Liu tried to reach out but could grab nothing and his eyes were gradually seeing black. Just as he was about to take his last breath, he felt Xiang Liu embrace him and a pair of cold lips pressed to his and passed air to him.
Xiang Liu held him and they rocketed towards the surface like an arrow. Xiao Liu sprawled on Xiang Liu’s shoulder and violently coughed and took loud deep breathes. His nose and eyes were all filled with water. After some time, Xiao Liu finally asked “If you want to kill me, do it faster.”
Xiang Liu’s body fell backward and he laid down on the water’s surface. Xiao Liu’s entire body was still aching so he couldn’t move and could only lay on top of him. Xiang Liu pulled Xiao Liu’s arm “Does it hurt?”
He will hurt a lot.

Xiang Liu laughed “This voodoo bug is decent but not good enough.”
“If it was a life-linked voodoo bug, you wouldn’t even hesitate and would kill me, right?”
“Yup, too bad it just shares pain.” Xiang Liu’s voice shared his regret.
Xiao Liu closed his eyes and felt them rocking on the waves. The water supported everything so there was no need to use any strength and it was quite relaxing.
Xiang Liu asked “Since he’s so precious to you, why not remove the bug?”.....................

Xiang Liu thought about it “If you don’t want to die, then don’t try calling it back. The only solution is to find a way to transfer the bug to another person.”
Xiao Liu sincerely said “The only person I want to make miserable is you.”
Xiang Liu softly laughed “Then put the bug inside me.” Xiao Liu scoffed “Like you would be so nice.” ..........................  What I loathe is that when they discuss me, they look down on me as strange and weird. I let you discuss it because……” Xiang Liu turned to the side and propped his arm under his head and looked at Xiao Liu “you may laugh at me but deep down inside you don’t think a nine-headed demon is strange.”
Xiao Liu smiled “That’s because I used to be even more weird than you.”
“So you hid in the mountains and refused to see anyone?”
“Yup.”
Xiang Liu lightly stroked Xiao Liu’s head and he stared on shock back at Xiang Liu

XL took Xiao L  flying and jump into the water from high in then sky. This  had to effect to cause  Xiao Liu physical pain  XL then let him  nearly drown . When  Xiao Liu is about to take his last breath, XL finally help by giving him air via the mouth. It is important to take notice of the writer word here  -  cold lips pressed to his and passed air to him. Nothing romantic is implied by  the writer. The word used  imply as much : cold lips,  passed air.  Xiao Liu had by that time lost consciousness,  therefore felt nothing:"his eyes were gradually seeing black. 

When Xiao Liu had finally regained consciousness,  he was still experiencing physical pain. XL did not ask if Xiao Liu was alright, but rather if what he did to Xiao Liu  hurt  to which Xiao L replied :'he aka XC will hurt.' 

By Xiao Liu reply, we can conclude that he does not know much about this bug, only that it provide a share pain.  It is important to notice Xiang Liu is the one to suggest that Xiao Liu remove the bug from XC his enemy and to put it inside him  -" Then put the bug inside me" . Xiao Liu sincerely only wanted to transfer the bug into XL because he wants him ton suffer - Xiao Liu sincerely said “The only person I want to make miserable is you.”. Again nothing romantic  from him towards XL.   as their conversation  progressed we see a change XL behaviour different to how he acted in previous chapter. By Xiao L reaction, this never happened before.  We can conclude that XL cares about Xiao Liu. - "Xiang Liu lightly stroked Xiao Liu’s head and he stared on shock back at Xiang Liu. This change started in chapter 6 ( see  previous analysis of this  chapter ). 

Xiao L and Xuan:

[Xuan introduced the doctor Wu Cheng, a famous physician in town who specialized in external injuries. Xiao Liu looked at Xuan’s injury, a chest wound that wasn’t very big but the bleeding wouldn’t stop. Wu Cheng explained “Last night an assassin came. The guards protected the young master but suddenly an arrow came from the sky when the young master was also suddenly struck with extreme pain. Thank god a servant pushed him aside so the arrow didn’t hit a critical organ. The problem is that it won’t stop bleeding.”.......

Xiao Liu asked Xuan “What did you feel when the arrow pierced you?” Xuan closed his eyes “In that moment, my body hurt, my chest was in pain, and cold….I felt a cold enter my body.”]

Here we see that the assassin was extremely skilled and that the effect of what XL did to Xiao L  earlier, disabled Xuan. He could not protect himself from the arrow aimed at him. Xuan experience what Xiao L body did and  the effect of  XL cold lips.

Xiao Liu and Jing :

[“The ice crystal from the North plus the extraordinary archery skills, it must be the Fang Feng family!” Wu Cheng yelled anxiously “I’ll go find them, they made the arrow, they will know how to stop the bleeding.”...........Wu Cheng thought about it and dejectedly lowered his head. If it was the Fang Feng family, then it had to be the best archer Miss Fang Feng........................

"Xiao Liu bowed “My lady please get up.” When she got up, he looked at Miss Fang Feng, and even using the most critical eye, he had no choice but to admit she was one elegant, well-mannered, gentle lady. She made one feel like taking care of her.
Xiao Liu wondered “Did she really shoot that arrow into Xuan?” If it was her, why kill Xuan? What was her relationship with Xuan? Xiao Liu thought but his expression betrayed nothing ..........
Miss Fang Feng led Xiao Liu inside to the residence where Xiao Liu once rested to heal from his injuries. Jing had just stepped out and was heading towards them. He saw Xiao Liu with Fang Feng Yi Yang, the two of them smiling and chatting, and that image made his eyes tense up.

Xiao Liu finally meet the fiancee and Jing is not please to see the both of them chatting .

["Just as Xiao Liu was trying to find a way to ask Jing for it without alerting Miss Fang Feng, suddenly he heard Jing say “Yi Yang, why don’t you go back. I have something to say to Xiao Liu.” Xiao Liu thought that Yi Yang was a very pretty name. Miss Fang Feng’s smile froze on her face]  There is no  trust between `Jing and FF YY. 

['Jing gently asked “What are you looking for?
Xiao Liu tested the waters “I want something from you.” Jing didn’t hesitate “Sure.”
“Anything I want?”

If I have it, you can have it. If I don’t have it, I’ll find it for you.”
Xiao Liu looked up “I want two ice crystal wind chimes.” Jing immediately called Jing Ye over and gave her an order and she rushed off. Jing didn’t ask what Xiao Liu needed the wind chimes for, only silently staring at him. His eyes were like black warm jade, sparkling with happiness, happy that Xiao Liu came to ask him for something.
Xuan warned Xiao Liu not to trust Jing, but Xiao Liu couldn’t believe Jing would kill anyone so he got up his courage “I….I….I want…..”.....................Jing leaned forward to hear what Xiao Liu was saying and the medicinal herb scent he was wearing enveloped Xiao Liu who wanted to back up but Jing grabbed his hand “What do you want?” Xiao Liu lowered his head and stared at his feet before mumbling “I want to ask you, under any circumstances, to never hurt Xuan.
Jing softly sighed as if he was disappointed yet also happy “Fine.”
Xiao Liu raised his head in shock “You agree?
Jing nodded “I promised to listen to whatever you want.”..............Xiao Liu thought now that assassinating Xuan must be the sole idea of Fang Feng Yi Yang. Jing appeared to know nothing about what Fang Feng Yi Yang was up to. She did something so big and never told him?
Xiao Liu wanted to say something to warn Jing, but Fang Feng Yi Yang was Jing’s fiancee. To speak about her behind her back in front of Jing was a very dastardly thing to do. Xiao Liu didn’t care to do that so swallowed his words.
Xiao Liu tried to pull his hand back but Jing wouldn’t let go.]

Here we have a nice but also sad  moment between Jing and Xiao Liu.   Xiao Lui  due to  her gege life threatening injury,  i went to ask Jing for help when she  previously made it clear that she did not want anything fromm him. She again try to test Jing commitment to his previous words. Jing being true to his words,  agreed to Xiao L demands without even asking Why

Xiao L realised that `Jing his wearing the medicine herb she made for him.. This should have  actually made her realised that as a engaged man Jing should not have been wearing it. This simple act by Jing should have made Xiao L realise that things are not rosy between Jing  and his fiancee FFYY. 

Jing promised Xiao Liu that he will never harm Xuan without asking  the Why off such a request from Xioa L. . We see Jing demonstration of  his commitment to `Xiao Liu.   Xiao Liu on the other hand fail for the 1rst time YSQ/ Jing trust.  As someone who has been longing for Jing/ YSQ,   she  failed  to tell him about the action of  his fiancee FFYY.  She could have  share even her suspicions ate least  This is rather sad considering what Jing did for her - providing  the  ice crystals needed to heal her dear gege Xuan.- and all  the promises he just made to her.    Any good friend would have shared what had transpired with FFYY  with Jing,  let alone some who claimed  long deeply to be with him.  

Xiao L, XL and Bugs

[Xiang Liu asked “What you are thinking?”
“How to remove that voodoo bug. Xuan’s follower came by once to ask.” With Xuan’s real identity, that bug might not hurt him, but it was more likely one day it’ll kill Xiao Liu since so many people wanted to kill Xuan. Xiao Liu also didn’t want people to use him anymore against Xuan so was genuinely racking his brains for how to remove it.
Xiang Liu said “I told you, find another person and plant the bug there.”
‘”Who would be willing? Maybe one of Xuan’s men?”
Xiang Liu very casually said “
It can’t be just any person.”
“Why?”
“You raised the bug, you don’t know?”
“I…..I don’t know.” Xiao Liu confessed.

“Where did you get the bug?”
“Many years ago, I met an old lady from the Jiu Li tribe.........She gave it to me as thanks.......... Later on, when 
I didn’t know how to deal with you, I suddenly remembered this walnut I carried with me for a long time. I used it to raise the two voodoo bugs according to the magic of Jiu Li. I fed it pieces of my own flesh and blood, then one bug chose me, and then other was meant for you but instead I planted it in Xuan.”
“How did you learn how to raise a voodoo bug?”
Xiao Liu’s eyes twirled “That old woman told me!” 
Xiang Liu coldly laughed “You’re full of shit. If she told you how to raise the bugs, how could she not have told you what the name of this particular voodoo bug was?”
Xiao Liu knew what he said was contradictory so just went with it “Why do you care how I know how to raise voodoo bugs. I just do.”
Xiang Liu said “The pair of voodoo bugs you have is very rare. If you want to remove it, the only way is to find another person and lure the bug into that person.”
“What are the requirements for that person?”

Xiang Liu said nothing, and
 after a moment, he stiffly barked I don’t know!”
Xiao Liu didn’t believe him, yet he didn’t know why Xiang Liu wouldn’t come out and tell him. So he tried asking “Do you fit the requirement?”
Xiang Liu didn’t answer so Xiao Liu asked more “You are a nine-headed demon. Luring a voodoo bug into you, that can’t be a problem, right?”.....
.Xiang Liu didn’t deny it so Xiao Liu took that as a tacit confirmation. Xiao Liu got all excited “You said with your nine-heads, even if my body hurt then it wouldn’t hurt you much, right? So can I lure the bug over into your body?”
Xiang Liu stood there with his hands behind his back, staring at the moon, saying nothing. After a few moments 
he said “I can help you lure the bug into me, but you have to promise that in the future you will do one thing for me. If I ask, you will do it.”
Xiao Liu thought about it “Other than killing Xuan.”
“Fine.”
“I also can’t kill Tu Shan Jing.”...........“If you break the promise, whatever you love will turn into pain, whatever you enjoy will turn into bitterness.”
Xiao Liu felt goosebumps run down his spine]

We see Xiao L lying  to XL about why she wants to remove the bug from Xuan. We learn about  how she acquired the bug and that she  has no clue about what  type of bugs they are and how to remove them.  XL  is the one informing Xiao Liu that the bugs are rare  and different to the other bugs. This implies that XL had done some research  on the bug but he is not  willing to share  all of his findings with Xiao Liu :  

'how could she not have told you what the name of this particular voodoo bug was?”  ....The pair of voodoo bugs you have is very rare."  

XXL even lied about not knowing the requirements  the receiver of the bug had to fulfil.   and swiftly bark  that he does not know.  Xiao Liu is not fooled and is aware that XL is lying : 

-“What are the requirements for that person?”
Xiang Liu said nothing, and after a moment, he stiffly barked “I don’t know!”
Xiao Liu didn’t believe him,
 yet he didn’t know why Xiang Liu wouldn’t come out and tell himSo he tried asking “Do you fit the requirement?”    

Xiang Liu didn’t deny it so Xiao Liu took that as a tacit confirmation.

By not providing a direct answer XL  is letting  Xiao L  to draw her own conclusion and take his lack of reply as a confirmation. They them T go and manage to remove the bug from  Xuan and transfer it into XL . 

[Xiao Liu felt the fish pulling his lower body along so he could move with ease. He took out a blackened walnut and bit his own middle finger. He smeared the blood on the walnut and then handed it to Xiang Liu and indicated he do the same. Xiang Liu pierced his middle finger and smeared blood on the other half of the walnut and handed it back to Xiao Liu.
Xiao Liu indicated for Xiang Liu to raise the hand that was bloody and point it towards Five Gods Mountain. Xiao Liu said “You relax, and if possible, feel genuine happiness to welcome the bug to your body.”
Xiao Liu tightly clasped the walnut to his chest and started chanting, summoning the bug in his own body. After some time, Xiao Liu felt his own heart start to beat wildly, and incredibly he felt another heart beating as well. The two hearts were like friends who had not seen each other in a long time, beating wildly in joy to be together. Xiao Liu reached out his hand and pressed it on Xiang Liu’s chest, and it was indeed the sound of Xiang Liu’s heart.
Xiao Liu couldn’t believe it “The bug is planted into your body? That fast?”]

It is important to note the writer words used to describe  how of Xiao Liu and XL's hearts are feeling towards each other, after the  transfers of the bug has been conpleted. Tong Hua,  the writer,  refers to them  as FRIENDS. The hearts did not recognised each either as lovers at all. I't  is important to note that the writer here is describing   Xioa Liu  feelings she is receiving from her shared connection with XL's heart via the voodoo bugs.    Xiao L is surprised at how fast the but was planted into XL. 

As the final stage of the bug transfer takes place we see this: 

[“Eh” Xiao Liu felt something strange in his palm. He opened it to find the walnut glowing and then gradually melting into splashes of color. It was like little fireflies dancing around Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu. Half of each went into Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu’s palms and disappeared.
Xiao Liu couldn’t believe it and shook his hands a few times but it really just disappeared.
Xiao Liu’s expression grew dark and he said to Xiang Liu “I have a bad feeling about this. This bug is sooooo strange. It’s not as simple as I thought it was.”But then Xiao Liu didn’t feel anything weird in his body so asked Xiang Liu “How do you feel?”
Xiang Liu was very calm..

Xiang Liu sat on the back of the condor and looked out over the vast cloud sea, his face as calm as a placid water surface without any joy or sorrow. After a long time, he looked down at Xiao Liu in blissful slumber and his hand slowly pressed on his own heart. A smile appeared on the corner of his lips before it swiftly passed.]

These highlighted parts are showing us  that Xiao L is worried about the bug as she stated  having a bad feeling about this and that the voodoo is not has simple as she thought it was

Since XL did  not reply to her worry and her body seems fine, she let it go.  This again cannot  prevent us from  thinking what secret XL did refused to share with Xiao L regarding the bugs. The chapter end on  a strange note  as we see XL looking  at the sleeping Xiao L and he placing his own hand on his heart and smile. This clearly  showcase his satisfaction in having the bug inside his body, having a heart connection with Xiao Liu, and being the only one to know all regarding  this rare  voodoo bugs. 

Here are my 2 cents

Winny Aye:
 Xiao Liu was happy so Jing’s eyes reflected that happiness.

peng-peng:
We can see that everywhere  Xiao Liu went, he could hear talk about Jing and his fiancee and it is  not easy for him even though he has been trying to distance himself from Jing which is suppose to diminish  the feeling  of longing he has for him.   He thinks about the situation , he is feeling confused and is not able to think clearly about all this. Distraction present itself in the form of XL who takes Xiao Liu away. 

Thanks for yours thoughts! I enjoy how we share this journey! Really <3 :D

Our Xiao Liu and Tushan Jing are like dancing on on burning coals...Jing stands on firm smiling/reassuring while feeling frozen inside , CX interest in Tushan family doesn't help !D...confronted to her inner turmoil and jaleousy, Xy end's up in drama cover to slap herself again..."Wen Xiao Liu! Don’t be so coddled! Life goes on no matter who leaves!" 

(as in related ep.11 - Xiao liu by the river, splash her face with water angrily. This is the second she slap herself....she did it already in ep.6- after Yeshiqi carryied her back home....:D)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the drama, Xiaoliu is holding the red hibiscus flower that grows along the river bank. Its the flower that Tushan Jing held when she saved him, randomly plucked by Skinny who threw it to him. 

And complications are effectivly, not over yet....

Chapter 7

Fang Feng Yi Yang and Tushan Jing

The second Jing saw the carriage the laughter disappeared from his eyes. He lowered his eyes and stood frozen in place. Xiao Liu asked “Who was that? That was awesome!” Xuan shot a glance at Jing and said nothing.

Xiao Liu asked “Why was there a bow and arrow embroidered on the window curtain?”

Xuan explained “That is the emblem of the Fang Feng family. The Fang Feng family are all archers, and legend has it their ancestor could shoot down the stars. Not every family member has the right to embroider the emblem, and the size also matters. Based on that, the person in that carriage must be an extraordinary archer.”

Xiao Liu whistled “No wonder everyone stopped and stared in fear.” Xiao Liu thought the Fang Feng name sounded familiar and looked at Jing. The way Jing looked suddenly made Xiao Liu remember the connection. He turned his head away and asked Xuan in a low voice “Was that the Tu Shan family future second daughter-in-law?”

Xuan replied “Probably.” There was the bow and arrow Fang Feng family emblem embroidered on the curtains, and on the corner of the carriage there was the nine-tailed fox emblem that represented the Tu Shan family. Other than the Tu Shan family second son’s fiancee Miss Fang Feng, there was no other possibility.

The carriage passed and people started moving again but the three of them remained standing there. Xiao Liu laughed at Jing “Since your fiancee is here, we won’t bother your reunion. Bye!” Xiao Liu dragged Xuan off, leaving Jing standing there watching them disappear around the corner.

Jing Ye rushed over to Jing “I finally found my lord, please come back. It’s been ten years and Miss Fang Feng must have a lot she wants to say to you.”

Jing eyes reflected his sadness but he wordlessly walked back.

Jing Ye said “All these years, without news of my lord, everyone wanted Miss Fang Feng to call off the engagement. But she stubbornly refused and has remained at Qing Qiu waiting for my lord. She behaves towards the Grand Madam like a granddaughter-in-law and helps ease her worries. My lord insists on staying in Qing Shui Town and not going back, the Grand Madam is very angry. Miss Fang Feng has been trying to speak up on your behalf and rushed here to see you.”

Jing still said nothing and Jing Ye felt very concerned. The second lord used to be a man of many words, but after being missing for 9 years, he returned a man who rarely says anything. Jing Ye asked around and heard that the second lord lived at Hui Chun Clinic for 6 years, but 3 years remains unaccounted for. The second lord never discussed it and when the Grand Madam wrote asking to find out, he claims he doesn’t remember anymore. He claims to have woken up with no memory and remained a disciple at the clinic. But Jing Ye and everyone else all believe that it was the eldest lord who did it. But if the second lord refuses to speak of it, then no one dared to do anything.

Jing Ye missed the old second lord. He was a great businessman, and in his personal time he was considerate and sweet. Not like now, where he barely seemed to care about anything. Thankfully he was alive and that was all that mattered. They arrived at the residence but Jing stopped outside. Jing Ye could understand since the second lord had never even seen his fiancee despite being engaged. They were like strangers.

Jing Ye whispered “Miss Fang Feng likes archery. My lord used to design weapons. She likes to travel and see the sights, my lord is an exquisite painter of sights, she likes to listen to songs from the North, my lord can play songs from the North on the flute for her. Oh right, she’s also a great chess player and even her older brothers can’t beat her. My lord can play….”

Jing walked in and the servants all came out. A young woman in a red dress robe walked out, she was tall and graceful, with fine features and red lips. She elegantly bowed while Jing kept his head lowered and courteously returned the bow.

Tushan Jing's fiance, Fang Feng Yi Yang, had appeared in Qing Shui Town. Was she coming to meet Tu Shan Jing? Her family background was told by Xuan in the novel of how whole family and ancestors are great archers. The legend told that their ancestor shot the star down before. 

By what Jing Ye said, it represents how Fang Feng Yi Yang and Tushan Jing were compatible. Because she's beautiful and delicate yet very good at archery. And Tushang Jing can design bows for her. She liked sightseeing and he could drew landscapes for her. And that she's a good chess player. 

Nevertheless in this meeting Tushan Jing returned her elegant bow courteously. 

By what Jing Ye had recalled Tushan Jing was a great businessman. Moreover, he was sweet and considerate. However, times had changed her master Tushan Jing did not seem to have passion in life as before after disappearing for 9 years. He was treated 6 years in Hui Chun Clinic . What happened in 3 years were unknown. Jing claimed he had no memory. However Jing Ye already suspected the elder brother. 

All in all in this part of chapter, we finally Jing's fiance and how much she looked compatible to him. Nevertheless, this was his first time seeing her. Their interaction was way too formal for a couple. 

Is it true that Jing had lost passion in life as Jing Ye claimed? Did Fang Feng Yi Yang came to Qing Shui town to meet Tushan Jing or did she have other reasons? 

@peng-peng

During  the match Jing took the opportunity to treat Xiao Liu delicately. They played as partners and he let her be in control of  the game under his guidance whilst also making sure that Xuan has the chance to experience his expertise  even if a little. Jing ended up loosing due to Xiao liu. He graciously blamed  himself  to keep Xiao liu in a good mood.  In order to still be able to treat  and please his Xiao Liu to the new road meat restaurant she wanted to try,  Jing quickly agreed to her request and  assertively told  Xuan "Loser will treat."  These showcase  how smart Jing is  and   his tactics to please his Xiao Liu and spend some time with her.

I like how you explain about Jing's smart on chess playing. Xiao liu was happy. Yes "Loser will treat". So that he could spend times with her is just so sweet.

@Symbolika1

Thanks for yours thoughts! I enjoy how we share this journey! Really <3 :D

Our Xiao Liu and Tushan Jing are like dancing on on burning coals...Jing stands on firm smiling/reassuring while feeling frozen inside , CX interest in Tushan family doesn't help !D...confronted to her inner turmoil and jaleousy, Xy end's up in drama cover to slap herself again..."Wen Xiao Liu! Don’t be so coddled! Life goes on no matter who leaves!" 

(as in related ep.11 - Xiao liu by the river, splash her face with water angrily. This is the second she slap herself....she did it already in ep.6- after Yeshiqi carryied her back home....:D)

I am just so happy we get to share this journey altogether. Thank you so much. Both you and Peng Peng.

About those scenes she slap herself, its just cute. And yep CX interests in Tushan family , 

Winny Aye:
I am just so happy we get to share this journey altogether. Thank you so much. Both you and Peng Peng.

Yeah, going through it all together again, is like tchating with a dear couple we love and appreaciate as if we share  about some very special old friends to our hearts <3. 

Winny Aye:
Did Fang Feng Yi Yang came to Qing Shui town to meet Tushan Jing or did she have other reasons? 

Miss FFYY  seem to have an important hidden agenda, and her main contact is having some private investigations too...

I covered it here in a  visual resumé mode + ep.timestamps: https://mydramalist.com/discussions/lost-you-forever-season-2/119991-tushan-jing-and-xiao-yao-here-s-to-a-happily-ever-after?r=notif&_nid=156004785&page=343

=> Many suspicions , many questions arise from those scenes and novel passages to be covered...we should dig this in depth....... WHY ?  what are the MOTIVES? SECRET MEETING to dig out INFOs....? FFYY role?....This WHOLE PLANIFICATION started when? How deep is the manipulation// how many manipulators?  ...

I' m ready to dig deeper with you two, as we will cover this mather for what it means for Xiao Yao who is realizing in the end of the chapter , one part of the plan, and how she was used again. And how it is thanks to Jing's help, that she seeks -  that CX's life can be saved.

- We will rely fully on author's words and hints  (behaviours, adjectives, context...) to capture what is going on, try to answer the questions that the secret deal beetween FFYY and XL bring up + what it imply. And for us:  how it affect our Xiao Liu/Tushan Jing horizon further on. 

Ch7 - (continue) PART A:

Xiao Liu walked along the river and sat down on a rock with his mind in a daze. He plucked a flower and pulled off its petals, tossing it in the river. Suddenly a white condor called and before Xiao Liu could even gasp he was wrenched onto the back of the condor by Xiang Liu. Xiao Liu waved with a smile “Long time no see. How’ve you been?” 

If Xuan was dead, I’d be a lot better.” ***** !!!!!HE have new ongoing plans with FFYY!!!!.****

=> Xiao Liu shut up and tightly grabbed Xiang Liu’s arm, afraid that he would get pissed and toss him off. The white condor flew to the same lake they once came to. Before the condor could descend, Xiang Liu suddenly grabbed Xiao Liu and vaulted off.....and his body sunk into the depths.
 Xiang Liu floated in the water staring as he sunk towards the bottom of the lake. Xiao Liu tried to reach out but could grab nothing and his eyes were gradually seeing black. Just as he was about to take his last breath, he felt Xiang Liu embrace him and a pair of cold lips pressed to his and passed air to him....

SAME MOMENT: CX simultaneously feel the shock , so hard - that the sword he holds to protect himself, just slip from his hand...

The scene (ep.11)=>  imidiatly switch to (35:58) FFYY with the fluffy round ball:

After some time, Xiao Liu finally asked “If you want to kill me, do it faster.” 

Xiang Liu pulled Xiao Liu’s arm “Does it hurt?” “He will hurt a lot.” Xiang Liu laughed “This voodoo bug is decent but not good enough.”
Xiao liu: “If it was a life-linked voodoo bug, you wouldn’t even hesitate and would kill me, right?” “Yup, too bad it just shares pain. Xiang Liu’s voice shared his regret. (Obviously lying as he got all info).
-Xiang Liu asked “Since he’s so precious to you, why not remove the bug?” 
-(we know he investigated and knows all concerning the bug/drama-ep.11 as pic follow is even showing that moment in the same journey)-The following part shows Xiao Liu FULL IGNORANCE:
Xiao Liu didn’t answer and thought for a long time. Since he was a demon, and demons and creatures and monsters were all in the same world, perhaps he might know something.
 “It’s not that I don’t want to remove the bug, it’s that I can’t. Last time I was injured, you used all sorts of weird medicines on me. The bug had some type of transformation. He asked me to remove the bug and I lied that I’ll do it when he leaves. Recently I’ve been trying all sorts of ways to coax the bug out of him but nothing works.”
 Xiang Liu thought about it “If you don’t want to die, then don’t try calling it back. The only solution is to find a way to transfer the bug to another person.” Xiao Liu sincerely said “The only person I want to make miserable is you.”
 Xiang Liu softly laughed “Then put the bug inside me.”

PIC Below: The one who places them won't be able to CONTROL the bugs.....

Xiao Liu scoffed “Like you would be so nice.” - “I’ll kill him before he leaves Qing Shui Town, then you won’t have to worry about how to remove the bug.” Xiao Liu felt his legs weren’t shaking anymore so slid down his body and started swimming. Getting some strenght to protect Cang Xuan. Can killing him bring back the Sheng Nong Kingdom?” “No.” “Did he ever go on the battlefield and killed Sheng Nong soldiers?” “No.” “Do you have a personal blood feud with him?” “No.” “Then why do you still want to kill him?” “My position. Knowing that he’s right under my watch and not killing him, I feel like I’m not doing my part.” You have some sort of principles?” “To Sheng Nong I do.” 

*draft of the text to cover ...

****to explore further  => Bug part/XL demands to get it/XL lies-Xliu ignorance + understand CX life is further in danger/ relation to his hiring FFYY to shoot on CX + drowning Xiao Liu = same momentum....cold lips, ice crystal further, FangFeng family implication?....

Who will help out Xiao Liu to heal CX? => Jing <3

peng-peng:
That thing looks like it comes from furball.  

Oh yes yes =>

Ep.11 at (36:31) :D....

Chapter 7

Wen Xiao Liu & Xuan

Inside the restaurant, Xuan asked Xiao Liu “How did you come to take that one in?” Xiao Liu scoffed “I can’t believe you didn’t already investigate yourself.”

“I did investigate but you trained Chuan Zi and Ma Zi well and they didn’t reveal anything. After getting Chuan Zi drunk, all he said was that he was once gravely injured and you rescued him. What kind of injury he never explained.”

Xiao Liu laughed “It’s not Chuan Zi not wanting to explain, I handled it all myself so Chuan Zi saw nothing.”

“I can hear that his voice is scratchy, was it from that injury?”

“Why do we need to keep talking about him?”

“Because the Tu Shan family’s businesses blanket the entire vast wilderness, and he represents the future of the clan and that will determine whether the Tu Shan clan is my friend or foe.”

“Then you go get chummy with him, why ask me?”

“He listens to you.”

Xiao Liu laughed “You think playing chess and running his entire family business is the same? He listens to me, because I saved him, but he only listens to what he can listen to.”

Xuan sighed and gave up on his idea. Like Xiao Liu said, 6 years of gratitude can let Jing treat Xiao Liu well, but would never let Jing change the position of the Tu Shan clan for Xiao Liu.

Xiao Liu pressed “You hurry up and leave town. Xiang Liu can show up anytime.” Xuan raised a cup of wine with arrogance “You think Xiang Liu is powerful, but don’t think too lowly of me.” Xiao Liu said “Fine, Fine, you’re super powerful!”

Xuan smiled “One on one battle I can’t beat him, I can’t even come close.” Xuan pointed to his head “But I rely on this.”

Xiao Liu almost spit out his meat “That’s just relying on your connections and background.” “But at least I have that, and that takes time to develop connections.”

Xiao Liu said nothing and after some time asked “All these years, it’s been tough, huh?” Xuan glanced at Xiao Liu with some shock and casually replied “It’s been okay.”

By this conversation, Xuan had some interest in Tushan Clan., whether the clan would became his ally or enemy. He might have wanted to use Xiao Liu for the connection. He might have guessed the influence Xiao Liu had on Tushan Jing. 

And another fact  revealed in this abstract is that Xuan knew his limit that he might not be able to win on fight with a demon general as Xiang Liu. 

I may skipped some scene to when Xuan got injured from arrow shot already.

Arriving at the wine shop, Xiao Liu didn’t bother with the front door and vaulted over the walls into the back. Guards came up but Hai Tang yelled for them to halt. She led Xiao Liu to a room where Xuan laid inside, his eyes closed and his face ashen.

Hai Tang shook him awake while Ah Nian cried “Gege, are you better?”

Xuan smiled at her gently “I’m fine. You didn’t sleep at all last night, go sleep now.” He glanced at Hai Tang who walked over and literally carried and coaxed Ah Nian out the door.

Xuan introduced the doctor Wu Cheng, a famous physician in town who specialized in external injuries. Xiao Liu looked at Xuan’s injury, a chest wound that wasn’t very big but the bleeding wouldn’t stop. Wu Cheng explained “Last night an assassin came. The guards protected the young master but suddenly an arrow came from the sky when the young master was also suddenly struck with extreme pain. Thank god a servant pushed him aside so the arrow didn’t hit a critical organ. The problem is that it won’t stop bleeding.”

Xiao Liu looked at the wound while Wu Cheng added “I tested hundreds of different poisons and it’s not a poison.”

Xiao Liu asked to see the arrow which was an ordinary wood arrow that was now snapped in half. Xiao Liu countered “It can’t be an ordinary arrow, it was shot from far away using tremendous force. An ordinary arrow would have shattered already in flight.”

Xiao Liu asked Xuan “What did you feel when the arrow pierced you?” Xuan closed his eyes “In that moment, my body hurt, my chest was in pain, and cold….I felt a cold enter my body.”

Xiao Liu continued “Have you been to the North Pole?” Xuan smiled “No, have you?”

“I’ve been. That place is always blanketed in snow, and then the layers of snow press down it becomes ice, and then the ice is pressed down it becomes glaciers. The glaciers are harder than the rocks in the vast wilderness. Even the sharpest blade striking it will only loosen some debris. After tens of thousands of years, there will be ice crystals in the glaciers as beautiful as precious gems but harder than any mineral. It will always release cold air.

Xuan asked “Will ice crystals melt?”

“Normally no, but since its still ice-based then theoretically yes.”

Xuan slowly understood “You’re saying someone used a special method to wrap a layer of ice crystal around an ordinary arrow, and when the arrow pierced me the ice crystal melted leaving only the ordinary arrow.”

“I don’t know how to manipulate ice crystal so it melts when it touches blood, but that’s likely what happened.”

“The ice crystal from the North plus the extraordinary archery skills, it must be the Fang Feng family!” Wu Cheng yelled anxiously “I’ll go find them, they made the arrow, they will know how to stop the bleeding.”

“Stop!” Xuan’s voice was filled with scorn “How do you prove it was them? A lot of people in the vast wilderness can shoot an arrow, and this arrow can be bought anywhere.”

Wu Cheng thought about it and dejectedly lowered his head. If it was the Fang Feng family, then it had to be the best archer Miss Fang Feng. She could be dealt with, but behind her stood the Tu Shan clan, one of the Four Great Clans of the vast wilderness. Even an Emperor had to be wary.

Xuan asked Xiao Liu “Why can’t my bleeding stop?” Xiao Liu touched his blood and put it in his mouth to taste. Xuan saw it and his heart skipped a beat and he quietly composed himself. Xiao Liu said “Likely this ice crystal has something mixed in and when it melted it is preventing your blood from coagulating.”

Wu Chen stared “What is it, I used all sorts of herbs but cannot stop the bleeding.” Xiao Liu conceded “I don’t know.” Wu Cheng was about to start raging when Xiao Liu added “But I know how to get rid of it.”

“What?” Wu Cheng anxiously asked.

“Anything dark will disappear in the light, use sun powered water from the holy Yang Valley, it cleanses anything.” “The water from the holy Yang Valley is hard to obtain and the batch we have is used up. The Valley is thousands of miles away, rushing there the bleeding will get worse and Master won’t even make it there alive.”

Xiao Liu explained “I have a way to slow down the bleeding so you can make it there. But it’s going to be painful.” Xuan smiled “Do tell.”

“Put an ice crystal in your wound and let it freeze your blood and slow it down. But that is a thousand year ice crystal and you will be freezing all over.” “If it’s a way to live then being cold is not hard. But where to get an ice crystal, it must be hard to obtain from the glaciers?”

Wu Cheng knew someone in town would have it “Go ask for it from the Fang Feng family?” He was surprised Xiao Liu agreed “Yup, go get it from them. But it’s not ask, it’s steal.”

“Steal?”

Xiao Liu stood up and said to Xuan “Don’t move, I’ll be right back.” Xuan offered “I’ll send two men with you.” Xiao Liu smiled “I’m going to steal, not grab by force.”

Xiao Liu showed her concern for Xuan deeply here because Xuan was struck by Fang Feng Yi Yang's arrow. She was willing to steal the ice crystal for him. Xiao Liu did show her knowledge of knowing the ice crystal and how to cure it. I think that probably had good impression on Xuan.

Xuan Departure 

When Xiao Liu got back to the wine shop, Wu Cheng had everyone all packed up and was ready to leave. Xiao Liu handed over the box and had Wu Cheng put two ice crystals in Xuan’s wound. The area around the wound started to turn white and then there appeared to be a layer of ice on it, freezing the arteries and veins to slow the blood flow down.

Wu Cheng’s face lit up “It worked!”

Xiao Liu gave Wu Cheng the remaining ice crystals and Wu Cheng didn’t have a minute to waste and immediately had Xuan carried onto the cloud carriage. Ah Nian and Hai Tang also got on another cloud carriage.

Ah Nian ordered “Depart!”

Xuan called out “Wait! Xiao Liu, come here. I have something to say to you!”

Xiao Liu walked over and Xuan said “This parting, I will likely not be returning.”

Xiao Liu said “Too many people want to kill you here, you shouldn’t come back.”

Xuan continued “You promised me that when I was leaving Qing Shui Town you would remove the bug……so come with me. With your smarts and talent, you will be of great success anywhere.” Xuan might not have told Xiao Liu his real identity, but when Xiao Liu suggested going to Yang Valley for the sun water and Wu Cheng did not indicate any hardship with making that happen, then Xiao Liu ought to know that Xuan’s identity was not someone ordinary. He wasn’t even merely lofty like the son of a noble family either. His invitation wasn’t just to remove the bug, he wanted to give Xiao Liu what a man ought to aim for to achieve with his life.

“I want to stay in Qing Shiu Town and be a little doctor.” Xiao Liu stepped back and carefully said “You are injured so I can’t do what I promised yet, but don’t worry, when you are healed I will write down how to get rid of the voodoo bug and give it to you. You have lots of talent around you, someone will be able to help you remove it.”

Xuan might be hard to sweet talk, but twice Xiao Liu saved his life so he decided to let this one go for now. He sighed “Everyone has their own goals. I won’t force you. You take care!”

Xiao Liu bowed “We both take care!”

Wu Cheng closed the cloud carriage door and the servants got on their winged rides pulling the cloud carriage and it rose into the air headed due South.

Xiao Liu raised his head and watched as the cloud carriage rose higher and higher until it became a black dot and disappeared into the clouds. He silently made a wish in his heart “Gege, I wish that you will achieve everything you want!”
Overall in chapter 7, Xuan overall had good feelings towards Xiao Liu although he had not realized that Xiao Liu was his long lost beloved cousin. Xiao Liu had saved his life two times. And it seemed Xuan was impressed by Xiao Liu medical knowledge and skills. He offered her to go with him. And SHE REFUSED. Because she was attached to life in Qing Shui town. In previous chapter Xiao Liu also refused the shelter from Xiang Liu when Xuan was after her. In fact, I have a feeling that Xiao Liu did not want any of these political conflicts in her life . She just wanted a  quiet life although maybe curious and long for advanture at times, a normal life is a treasure for her. 

Winny Aye:
By this conversation, Xuan had some interest in Tushan Clan

Hahaha...yes.

Winny Aye:
He might have wanted to use Xiao Liu for the connection.

well : "He listen to you" - is explicit yes :).

Winny Aye:
And another fact  revealed in this abstract is that Xuan knew his limit that he might not be able to win on fight with a demon general as Xiang Liu. 

I may skipped some scene to when Xuan got injured from arrow shot already.

Covered visually! text to be added :)

Winny Aye:
She was willing to steal the ice crystal for him.

Provided by Jing when she ask for his help on the mater (speaking is always a better method...)

Winny Aye:
Xuan was struck by Fang Feng Yi Yang's arrow.

On XL command....

Winny Aye:
e offered her to go with him. And SHE REFUSED. Because she was attached to life in Qing Shui town. In previous chapter Xiao Liu also refused the shelter from Xiang Liu when Xuan was after her. In fact, I have a feeling that Xiao Liu did not want any of these political conflicts in her life . She just wanted a  quiet life although maybe curious and long for advanture at times, a normal life is a treasure for her.

<3 Thank you Winny :) Absolutly agree, Xiao Liu doesnt have taste for political mathers...

@Symbolika1

Many suspicions , many questions arise from those scenes and novel passages to be covered...we should dig this in depth....... WHY ?  what are the MOTIVES? SECRET MEETING to dig out INFOs....? FFYY role?....This WHOLE PLANIFICATION started when? How deep is the manipulation// how many manipulators?  ...

I' m ready to dig deeper with you two, as we will cover this mather for what it means for Xiao Yao who is realizing in the end of the chapter , one part of the plan, and how she was used againAnd how it is thanks to Jing's help, that she seeks -  that CX's life can be saved.

- We will rely fully on author's words and hints  (behaviours, adjectives, context...) to capture what is going on, try to answer the questions that the secret deal beetween FFYY and XL bring up + what it imply. And for us:  how it affect our Xiao Liu/Tushan Jing horizon further on.

You are right chapter 7 is full of suspense. We need to know why FFYY wanted to kill Xuan. And how she was connected with Xiang Liu. 

And yes Xiao Liu was so eager to help Xuan because he's her gege. And Jing helped her. 

Chapter 7

Was Wen Xiao Liu disappointed Jing/Ye Shi Qi had a fiance?

The Spring water still carried a Winter chill. Xiao Liu let the river carry him downstream until he was shivering deep into his bones. Right up until he almost smashed into a rock, he climbed on the rock and let the cold air further chill him. He said to himself “Do you see? This is what happens when you do what you want. You almost freeze to death.”

Xiao Liu jumped back into the river and swam upstream back to the clinic. He ran inside, took off his clothes, and burrowed under the blankets. He was still cold and tossed and turned but couldn’t sleep. He yelled at himself “Wen Xiao Liu! Don’t be so coddled! Life goes on no matter who leaves!”

These days, everyone was talking about Miss Fang Feng and the Tu Shan second lord. Xiao Liu decided not to leave the house but couldn’t even escape it at home. Tian Er said “I saw Miss Fang Feng, she’s so beautiful and delicate, needing a maid to escort her, but I hear she’s a crack archer and can kill a person from ten miles out. That second lord sure is lucky!”

Chuan Zi groused “Our Qing Shui Town isn’t a lofty place, why do those powerful families children decide to stay here?” Tian Er laughed “Who cares why? I heard Tu Shan clan wants to hurry up with the wedding. If anyone had such a wonderful fiancee he would want to marry her as soon as possible.”

Xiao Liu put his bowl down “I’m full, you guys eat. I’m going out for a walk.”

Xiao Liu walked along the river and sat down on a rock with his mind in a daze. He plucked a flower and pulled off its petals, tossing it in the river.

Wen Xiao Liu knew that Jing had fiance. But we could all feel that she was disappointed and not feel so right about Jing having fiance. She always comforted herself that it's normal people come and go away from her. Yet she still could not take at the mentioning of Jing's fiance. 

Tushan Jing's Promise Not To Hurt Xuan

Miss Fang Feng led Xiao Liu inside to the residence where Xiao Liu once rested to heal from his injuries. Jing had just stepped out and was heading towards them. He saw Xiao Liu with Fang Feng Yi Yang, the two of them smiling and chatting, and that image made his eyes tense up.

Yi Yang saw him and stopped, gently explaining “Master Liu said he wanted to see you directly so I brought him here.” Xiao Liu smiled at Jing “I have something personal to ask of you, let’s discuss inside.”

Jing replied “Of course.”

He turned inside and Yi Yang followed. Xiao Liu chatted about everything in the courtyard, acting like a country bumpkin who had never seen anything before, but really he was looking for the ice crystal wind chimes but couldn’t see it anywhere. Then he remembered it was Spring and there was no reason to have it out no matter how filthy rich Jing was.

Just as Xiao Liu was trying to find a way to ask Jing for it without alerting Miss Fang Feng, suddenly he heard Jing say “Yi Yang, why don’t you go back. I have something to say to Xiao Liu.” Xiao Liu thought that Yi Yang was a very pretty name. Miss Fang Feng’s smile froze on her face but then she immediately composed herself and gently said “Then I’ll go check in the kitchens to prepare a meal for Master Liu.”

Miss Fang Feng curtsied to Xiao Liu and walked out the courtyard. Jing looked at Xiao Liu who had his head lowered. He knew he couldn’t keep anything from Jing.

Jing gently asked “What are you looking for?”

Xiao Liu tested the waters “I want something from you.” Jing didn’t hesitate “Sure.”

“Anything I want?”

“If I have it, you can have it. If I don’t have it, I’ll find it for you.”

Xiao Liu looked up “I want two ice crystal wind chimes.” Jing immediately called Jing Ye over and gave her an order and she rushed off. Jing didn’t ask what Xiao Liu needed the wind chimes for, only silently staring at him. His eyes were like black warm jade, sparkling with happiness, happy that Xiao Liu came to ask him for something.

Xuan warned Xiao Liu not to trust Jing, but Xiao Liu couldn’t believe Jing would kill anyone so he got up his courage “I….I….I want…..”

Jing leaned forward to hear what Xiao Liu was saying and the medicinal herb scent he was wearing enveloped Xiao Liu who wanted to back up but Jing grabbed his hand “What do you want?” Xiao Liu lowered his head and stared at his feet before mumbling “I want to ask you, under any circumstances, to never hurt Xuan.”

Jing softly sighed as if he was disappointed yet also happy “Fine.”

Xiao Liu raised his head in shock “You agree?”

Jing nodded “I promised to listen to whatever you want.”

Xiao Liu thought now that assassinating Xuan must be the sole idea of Fang Feng Yi Yang. Jing appeared to know nothing about what Fang Feng Yi Yang was up to. She did something so big and never told him?

Xiao Liu wanted to say something to warn Jing, but Fang Feng Yi Yang was Jing’s fiancee. To speak about her behind her back in front of Jing was a very dastardly thing to do. Xiao Liu didn’t care to do that so swallowed his words.

Xiao Liu tried to pull his hand back but Jing wouldn’t let go.

Jing Ye walked over and saw Jing holding Xiao Liu’s hand. Her knees almost buckled and she almost dropped the box she was carrying. She composed herself and handed the box to Xiao Liu “There are two sets of ice crystal wind chimes in here. The crystals have been processed so the cold has been greatly diminished. Not sure if the Master needs it for something so I also put inside two pieces of raw ice crystals. If one does not have enough spiritual power, don’t handle it otherwise your fingers will freeze off.”

Xiao Liu pulled free from Jing’s hand and took the box “Thank you.” Jing Ye looked annoyed and glared at Xiao Liu as if saying “scram, stop bothering my lord!”

Xiao Liu smiled and pinched her cheek “My beauty, don’t be angry, I’m leaving now.” Jing Ye touched her cheek and stared in shock at Xiao Liu. Jing merely smiled at Xiao Liu. Jing Ye felt so insulted “My lord, he….he touched me!”

Xiao Liu grabbed Jing Ye’s hand “Take me the s
hort cut way out the back door.” Jing Ye turned to ask Jing to save her but Jing said “His orders are my orders, do it.” Jing Ye’s eyes were red-rimmed but she didn’t dare disobey. She took Xiao Liu through the short cut and out the residence.

Of course Jing would help her very easily to get Ice Crystal to heal Xuan's wound. In here, he also made Jing promised her never to kill Xuan. And Jing agreed easily. We can see Wen Xiao Liu trust Jing completely. Although she may not dare to reveal about Fang Feng Yi Yang assasination attempt on Xuan, she was just happy Jing was not part of this issue. The scene also include Wen Xiao Liu's teasing  to Jing Ye, showing her naughty bubbling side.