Vietnam may not have quite the movie/drama market that some of the already added countries have, but I feel like this should really be the next major Country added to the Database. All the East Asian Cultural Nations have been added to the database with the EXCEPTION of Vietnam and likely the fact that Vietnam isn't as big as the other East Asian nations should make it even easier to add. If you move towards Indonesian or Hindi Dramas then you will going into a whole other subcontinent and culture from your current database lineup.  There is devoted fans of Vietnamese dramas and fans of Vietnam/Vietnamese that would very much appreciate its addition. This post isn't 100% a suggestion of simply adding Vietnam as much as it is a post saying why you should add Vietnam next. Thank you

746votes

I would really appreciate this addition as well.

Yuanwei Volunteer Staff

Seems like Vietnamese dramas and movies are gaining more popularity. It will be nice if it is gonna be the next one to be added to MDL. 

I want to second this suggestion (also, because I'm about to start watching a BL drama called Stage of Love)

I support this wish as I recognized that the popularity of Vietnamese shows rise. Thus, I'd like to watch and track them as well. :) 

I'd be glad if there on MDL were Vietnamese dramas too. There's also vietnamese version of Descendant of the sun :)

BeaNeath:

I'd be glad if there on MDL were Vietnamese dramas too. There's also vietnamese version of Descendant of the sun :)

This is part of what made me want to get it added.

This is much needed.

Indonesia is in South East Asia just like Vietnam and the Philippines & Thailand, which are already included, a minor correction in your wording. Personally I think a database for Pakistani dramas would be cool too, since they're getting more popular internationally and have more accessible English subtitles now via Netflix, international TV network subtitles and dubbing, as well as other apps/websites. Episodes are also similar in length and duration with Chinese dramas, and in general are more critically acclaimed compared to Indian drama serials. 

yes!! i would love this addition! i remember trying to look up one drama a few months back only to find out they didnt have Vietnam on here!! 

A much needed addition. Please make this happen!

Cherish:

I want to second this suggestion (also, because I'm about to start watching a BL drama called Stage of Love)

Try 'Monster in law' too.

I watch a Vietnamese movie and I was really looking forward to adding it to MDL, but I didn't find it here, so I would like to be able to. I would love to be added to MDL )

My (unpopular) opinion is the addition of Turkish dramas next. Don't hate me.