dtsj_sapphire:

XY can be horny sometimes  -haha ;-D ;-D

Jing had to restrain his 'big bad wolf' instinct... ah nature lol which i think could go w/ this gif i found on his Jing Weibo acct lol

"Jing. urgent. Affection. condition."  #sauvignon blanc#

https://weibo.com/7802097956/Nd3gI911e

Lmao well yeah, cos the way she’s been imagining things with his hair & how she leaned back on the bed when he kissed her, it should tell you she’d have GLADLY gone to second base if Jing wanted to. If his kisses are sweet to the point it makes her weak,imagine how she’d feel if they did the deed 🤭. Oh Jing, don’t make the serve, no wonder why XY kept dreaming of your kisses when y’all broke up heh heh

Romans_Revenge:

Lmao well yeah, cos the way she’s been imagining things with his hair & how she leaned back on the bed when he kissed her, it should tell you she’d have GLADLY gone to second base if Jing wanted to. If his kisses are sweet to the point it makes her weak,imagine how she’d feel if they did the deed ?. Oh Jing, don’t make the serve, no wonder why XY kept dreaming of your kisses when y’all broke up heh heh

I think the same too...I have said about how i was disappointed a little..XD... but again this is why we and Xiao Yao value this gentleman.. 

SOme Further Thoughts on this scene shared by @ Winny <3 - I said I'll wait...But cant' help so ...:D...

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

1. Xiao Yao's Boldness and Vulnerability:

Xiao Yao displays boldness in initiating physical intimacy with Jing. For example, she takes the lead in expressing her desire to learn the harp from him, ensuring they spend time together daily: "If you teach me how to play the harp(zither), you will see me every day."

Despite her boldness, Xiao Yao also experiences moments of vulnerability. She worries about others' perceptions of Jing's injury and their relationship: "But... But I care about others being disgusted... I just don't want anyone to belittle you...I just want you to be happy."

1. Jing's Sensitivity and Assertiveness:

• Jing, despite his quiet demeanor, displays assertiveness in pursuing Xiao Yao. He eagerly agrees to teach her the harp and shows excitement at the prospect of spending time with her: "Jing smiled excitedly."
    • His sensitivity is evident in the way he reassures Xiao Yao of his love and acceptance, emphasizing that her opinion is the only one that matters to him: "Just only you be willing to take one look at me, no matter what kind of eyes others use to look at me, I cannot be harmed at all."
  2. Challenging Traditional Gender Roles:

• The passage challenges traditional gender roles by portraying Xiao Yao as assertive and proactive in expressing her desires, while Jing is depicted as sensitive and passionate, despite his quiet demeanor.
    • Xiao Yao's boldness in initiating physical intimacy subverts traditional expectations of passive femininity, while Jing's sensitivity challenges the stereotype of masculine stoicism.
  3. Complexity of Gender Dynamics:

• By portraying Xiao Yao and Jing with a blend of assertiveness, sensitivity, boldness, and vulnerability, the passage highlights the complexity of gender dynamics in relationships in a realistic way.
    • It suggests that individuals, regardless of gender, can possess a range of traits and behaviors that defy usuall norms, largely shown in romantic containt, emphasizing the importance of authenticity and emotional connection  in romantic relationships.

=> Through their interactions, Tong Hua c presents a nuanced portrayal of equality, where both partners exhibit traits typically associated with the opposite gender. Let's  delve into how Xiao Yao and Jing defy societal expectations, navigate their desires, and ultimately achieve a sense of equality in their relationship. 

Xiao Yao's Boldness and Jing's Sensitivity: 

One of the most striking aspects of Xiao Yao and Jing's relationshipin this intimate passage ,  is the reversal of traditional gender roles in terms of assertiveness and sensitivity. Xiao Yao, typically demonstrates boldness and initiative in initiating physical intimacy. For instance, she takes the lead in expressing her desires, as seen when she kisses Jing without reservation: Xiao Yao initiates physical intimacy with boldness: 

Xiao Yao shook her head and then bent down to kiss Jing's injury for once. 

This boldness challenges the stereotype of women as passive and submissive in romantic relationships. On the other hand, Jing exhibits sensitivity and emotional depth traditionally associated with femininity. Despite his quiet demeanor, Jing displays assertiveness and passion in pursuing Xiao Yao, contradicting the notion that men should be dominant and unemotional in relationships: Jing, despite his quiet demeanor, displays assertiveness and passion in pursuing Xiao Yao:

Jing's breathing seemed to become more rapid. His body leaned toward hers, and in that blink of an eye Xiao Yao even forgot what she had planned to say. Jing gently kissed the corner of her mouth. Xiao Yao closed her eyes, and didn't dare to move. Jing kissed the other corner of her mouth. Xiao Yao still did not dodge. Finally, he gently sucked Xiao Yao's lips. Jing's lips were warm, soft, and moist... 

And just before: Jing sat and leaned on the pallet. Xiao Yao knelt on his side, slowly feeling from his ankles upwards, kneading all the way to the knees.  

He allows her to examine him closely, displaying vulnerability and trust in her abilities. In short:  he doesn't growl and pushes her away...

This overall  blend of their palette get me to the conclusion: that they are in  EQUALiTY in their CONTRAST.

Equality in Desire and Expression: The portrayal of Xiao Yao and Jing's desires and expressions further emphasizes the theme of gender equality in their relationship. Both characters experience moments of hesitation, vulnerability, and excitement, regardless of their gender. Xiao Yao's boldness is tempered by moments of vulnerability, reflecting her complexity as a character. Similarly, Jing's sensitivity and passion coexist with his assertiveness, highlighting the multidimensional nature of masculinity. 

Their equal participation in expressing desires challenges the notion that one gender should dominate or control the dynamics of intimacy. We saw how Xiao Yao initiated the physical intimacy with boldness, and   also experiences moments of  vulnerability.

Extract: Xiao Yao slowly and weakly fell on to bed. 

Navigating Societal Expectations:  Xiao Yao and Jing navigate societal expectations and norms surrounding gender roles. Their relationship defies traditional conventions, prompting them to confront external judgments and prejudices. Tong Hua skillfully portrays their struggles and triumphs in challenging societal norms, ultimately highlighting the importance of authenticity and mutual respect in achieving gender equality. By portraying Xiao Yao as assertive and Jing as sensitive, Tong Hua encourages readers to reconsider rigid gender stereotypes and embrace a more inclusive understanding of love and partnership. It challenges traditional gender roles by portraying Xiao Yao as assertive and Jing as sensitive and passionate.

Together, Jing and Xiao Yao form a balanced partnership, where they complement each other's strengths and weaknesses. Jing's gentleness and compassion complement Xiao Yao's boldness and determination, creating a harmonious relationship where they support and uplift each other.

Through their interactions and experiences together, they learn from each other and evolve as individuals. Jing's influence helps Xiao Yao embrace her vulnerability and tap into her emotional depth, while Xiao Yao inspires Jing to assert himself and pursue his desires more confidently.  

Yes, gentleman for sure! But, my expression for Jing in this  beautifull passage would be :

"The Sweet Guardian"-As throughout the excerpt, Jing demonstrates his sensitivity and concern for Xiao Yao well being, respons, vulnerability, and cheering her boldness, while containing his desires, seeking by doing so, in his heart the long term effect and result of their embrace. His actions reflect a protective and nurturing nature, akin to that of a guardian looking out for the well-being of his beloved. And overall because his kiss taste in such way, Xiao Yao's own words so...:D

Xiao Yao's character in the passage embodies strength, resilience, and a pioneering spirit. Despite moments of all feminine vulnerability, she remains steadfast and assertive in pursuing her desires and caring for Jing. Her boldness in initiating physical intimacy, coupled with her unwavering determination to heal Jing's leg, showcases her as a luminary figure—a guiding light who fearlessly charts her own path and inspires others to do the same: The Unyielding Pionneer .

Finally, he gently sucked Xiao Yao's lips. Jing's lips were warm, soft, and moist. It reminded Xiao Yao of the guppies on a summer morning. When she was young, she used to bring dew-soaked guppies,  pursed it on her mouth, then gently suck out the nectar, mild sweetness seeping from her mouth to throat, from the throat flowing smoothly to the heart . Only this time She was a guppy flower that had been sucked by Jing. Jing sucked and used the tip of his tongue to lightly drag across Xiao Yao's lips, round again and again.  He then affectionately inserted the tip of his tongue into Xiao Yao's mouth.

her mouth filled with a smile. Jing couldn't resist sucking the corner of her mouth, thinking of absorbing that smile into his heart to preserve forever. Xiaoyao smiled and said, "Sweet."  

Before I close this notice, I 'd like to point out another thing that interested me....(relate to above extract). // When you read the novel, you have quite a lot of Xiao Yao's past and childhood SAD - tearing-mourning- terrorizing memories. This one is one of rare exeption.

Now here it's Jing's sweet kiss that trigger a happy flashback. Jing's kiss serves as a catalyst for invoking a rare and cherished happy memory from Xiao Yao's past. In the context of her character, this memory  underscores the profound and positive impact that Jing has on her  Through his affection and tenderness, Jing not only brings joy to Xiao Yao's present but also helps her rediscover moments of happiness from her past.  So rare, it have to be highlighted! This connection between Jing's kiss and Xiao Yao's childhood memory serves to deepen their bond as it underscores the healing and transformative nature of their relationship. 

It reinforces the idea that love and connection have the power to heal past wounds and bring light into even the darkest corners of one's life. Thus, this moment not only holds importance within the context of their relationship but also serves as a poignant reminder of the healing and transformative power of love. 

=> Only this time She was a guppy flower that had been sucked by Jing. She is blossoming.Just as a flower in bloom exudes beauty and radiance, Xiao Yao's blossoming signifies her own inner beauty and radiance shining through while feeling the "sweet". It reflects her newfound sense of confidence and self-assurance as she embraces the depth of her feelings for Jing.Xiaoyao smiled and said, "Sweet."  

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Conclusion: 

Tong Hua presents Xiao Yao and Jingin this passage as defying traditional gender roles and expectations. The gentleman burn of desire and is vulnerable/ The Lady is bold yet "Although she seemed to be the one initiating bravely, but when it reachd a certain level, she instead couldn't help but feel embarrassed, excited, and flustered".   Through their equal participation in expressing desires, through their navigating vulnerabilities, and challenging societal norms, they embody a vision of gender equality in romantic relationships.  Furthemore, readers  are invited to question and reevaluate conventional notions of masculinity and femininity, ultimately embracing a more inclusive and equitable understanding of love and partnership.

Through Xiao Yao and Jing, Tong Hua demonstrates that true equality in relationships is achieved not through conformity to gender norms, but through authenticity, mutual respect, and the celebration of individual complexity and all it's nuances.

@Symbolika1

Gosh!!! I cant wait to cover this!!!! Ch. 20?! I am ready!!! :D   hahahaha!  Sooo beautifully written!....nonono..I 'll hold on, I'll wait untill we come fully into it! <3 Now this was a guppy tasted birthday cake @ Winny - Thank you for your gift <3

You are so welcome ...lol.very true...this chapter is such a precious treat for us.. we will be reaching in few chapter s more..😍💞

Winny Aye:

I think the same too...I have said about how i was disappointed a little..XD... but again this is why we and Xiao Yao value this gentleman.. 

Heh heh, XY is better than me cos girrrrlllll…. I’d have gone second base with him if it was me hehe. XY fumbled at that moment but I guess she also wanted to wait for all the brouhaha to end for them to be officially together. No wonder why she was always stealing kisses from Jing when they became a couple. My girl just couldn’t stop herself.

Romans_Revenge:

Lmao well yeah, cos the way she’s been imagining things with his hair & how she leaned back on the bed when he kissed her, it should tell you she’d have GLADLY gone to second base if Jing wanted to. If his kisses are sweet to the point it makes her weak,imagine how she’d feel if they did the deed ?. Oh Jing, don’t make the serve, no wonder why XY kept dreaming of your kisses when y’all broke up heh heh

lol yes yes like a natural reaction when Jing kissed her haha and yes she loved playing his hair coz well she used to bathe him, she got used to touching his hair haha if Jing didn't control himself during that intimate scene, it would be too hot for the drama coz novels do elaborate scenes lmao

Winny Aye:

like didn't get much feels from their beautiful kiss and it already ended lol 

yes, so true! <3

SOme Further Thoughts on this scene shared by @ Winny <3 - I 

Well that's a thorough one, good read, Symbolika1!

"The Sweet Guardian" ...His actions reflect a protective and nurturing nature, akin to that of a guardian looking out for the well-being of his beloved.

yesss, a guardian, though we know Jing is not as free as Shiqi, both had XY occupy the biggest parts of their worlds esp for 17, there's only her. <3

Romans_Revenge:

Heh heh, XY is better than me cos girrrrlllll…. I’d have gone second base with him if it was me hehe. XY fumbled at that moment but I guess she also wanted to wait for all the brouhaha to end for them to be officially together. No wonder why she was always stealing kisses from Jing when they became a couple. My girl just couldn’t stop herself.

Girl totally feel it...even me wont probably ....be proper..XD...and yes... yes XY is all wanting Jing's kisses...she needs sweet energy from him.. 

dtsj_sapphire:

SOme Further Thoughts on this scene shared by @ Winny <3 - I 

Well that's a thorough one, good read, Symbolika1!

"The Sweet Guardian" ...His actions reflect a protective and nurturing nature, akin to that of a guardian looking out for the well-being of his beloved.

yesss, a guardian, though we know Jing is not as free as Shiqi, both had XY occupy the biggest parts of their worlds esp for 17, there's only her. <3

Jing is not trained fighter (he lost his ability of play zither to do so) ..but he will protect xiao yao at all cost

dtsj_sapphire:

like didn't get much feels from their beautiful kiss and it already ended lol 

yes, so true! <3 

nahhh....we feel it....its just not enough ..XD 

Winny Aye:

nahhh....we feel it....its just not enough ..XD 

ah yes yesssss! :⁠-⁠D we did feel the kiss but it's a must rewatch and much better to go with the creative yj edits lmao 

Winny Aye:

Jing is not trained fighter (he lost his ability of play zither to do so) ..but he will protect xiao yao at all cost

that's one of the inspiring things about Jing, he was too honest with then Xiaoliu when he felt some people coming to where they were then, and there where two with strong spiritual powers and he can't defeat any of them but he can stall them so wxl can make a successful escape.

who wouldn't be touched by that, although it was funny how honest he was about that but still he was determined to help, i need to watch the yj scenes again, i miss this hobby haha 

Romans_Revenge:

haha :⁠-⁠D :⁠-D :-D i think TH wanted her readers to be in suspense haha and so she let them break up just when things were getting better for them</3

Romans_Revenge:

Oooo lala I dunno why I always say ooh lala whenever that kiss scene appears lol. I think that’s one of the sexiest kiss I’ve ever scene.

lmao ;-⁠D ;-⁠D ;-⁠D it is, it is. i remember reading weibo comments saying why can't you see their heads move or lips separate like the normal kiss scenes you see on dramas/movies so they did a slow version with the bts one released for further review lmao ;-D ;-D