MimiLy:
It was Jing who took Xiaoyao to find her parents and helped Xiaoyao solve her problems and realize that her parents were very good people. Xiang Liu had nothing to do with this part of the story and was not there to help her heal, but the ending of the recent episode made it felt like he's going to get the credits or am I completely misremembering?

Yes, in the novel, Jing and the Grand Emperor take Xiaoyao to find her parents. I believe the drama will adapt this part differently because it would require a massive budget to create that set, but I think it has to be somehow addressed because it's such a huge knot in her heart. I agree Jing should be involved because in my opinion it's major part of his and XY's mutual story of healing. She helped heal him, and he helps heal her.

If you are referring to the end of ep 10 so far, yes that scene with XL is actually in the novel as well, and it's pretty much the same as in the novel.

Sunbath12:

Yes, in the novel, Jing and the Grand Emperor take Xiaoyao to find her parents. I believe the drama will adapt this part differently because it would require a massive budget to create that set, but I think it has to be somehow addressed because it's such a huge knot in her heart. I agree Jing should be involved because in my opinion it's major part of his and XY's mutual story of healing. She helped heal him, and he helps heal her.

If you are referring to the end of ep 10 so far, yes that scene with XL is actually in the novel as well, and it's pretty much the same as in the novel.

He’ll be there but the settings will be different, haoling king will take XY & Jing to see where chi Chen & XY’s mother used to live.

Oh I'm her for just these two and nothing else. Btw I need me a Jing in my life RN!!

Found this on youtube. Wonder how this scene or scenes will play out. Little kid is cute. (spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0Bhp-whwo

Sunbath12:

Found this on youtube. Wonder how this scene or scenes will play out. Little kid is cute. (spoilers)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0Bhp-whwo

I think it is just a BTS moment  not something that will be in the  the drama

peng-peng:

I think it is just a BTS moment  not something that will be in the  the drama

Maybe you’re right, hoping to see more of the little kid. My only problem with the novel was that the poor kid got left by himself when XY and Jing went off together in the end. But maybe he’d be older by the end of the story, we’ll have to see.

Sunbath12:

Maybe you’re right, hoping to see more of the little kid. My only problem with the novel was that the poor kid got left by himself when XY and Jing went off together in the end. But maybe he’d be older by the end of the story, we’ll have to see.

By the end when they left.. I believe the kid is almost 60 years old and he is being watched over by all the clan elders already.... Its actually really awkward for Tien if Jing and XY 'returned' to the clan.

He has also been made clan leader. If Jing went back, will he be stripped of his position? Right now he is all the clan has, that 'branch of pureblood' they care so much about...

His birth secret is known to the elders, if Jing and XY have son of their own in future, most likely they will abandon him in a heartbeat and chose Jing's own son to take over instead.

Clan is only looking after their own best interests unfortunately... so I have no issues that Jing and XY chose to leave instead.

soTreeD:

By the end when they left.. I believe the kid is almost 60 years old and he is being watched over by all the clan elders already.... Its actually really awkward for Tien if Jing and XY 'returned' to the clan.

He has also been made clan leader. If Jing went back, will he be stripped of his position? Right now he is all the clan has, that 'branch of pureblood' they care so much about...

His birth secret is known to the elders, if Jing and XY have son of their own in future, most likely they will abandon him in a heartbeat and chose Jing's own son to take over instead.

Clan is only looking after their own best interests unfortunately... so I have no issues that Jing and XY chose to leave instead. 

I guess as a mother myself it doesn't sit right with me that he essentially is without parents for a good period of his formative years (although he is in good hands with the elders I suppose and not completely alone like XY was). I forget exactly what 60 years translates to in normal human years lol, probably still a kid. Again, this wasn't XY or Jing's fault (Jing was unconscious for a while and XY was not yet officially married to him). I'll see how it works out onscreen. It's not huge deal, just a nitpick really.

Sunbath12:
I forget exactly what 60 years translates to in normal human years lol, probably still a kid.

When XY asked CX to intervene to back his position as Tushan clan leader after TSJ disappeared, she confirmed that he was still a child. 

-----

Chapter 44:

Xiao Yao asked about the Tu Shan clan situation and Zhuan Xu said, “It’s a bit of a mess. Tu Shan Zhen is the successor in name but the clan elders know he isn’t Jing’s real son so they are complicating things with their plotting. The Tu Shan clan is a prime piece of flesh that everyone wants a bite out of, and the world would be thrilled to see internal strife in the clan so they are fanning the discord.”

Zhuan Xu never mentioned Jing actively but if Xiao Yao asked then he discussed it directly. He was like a doctor treating a patient, he didn’t hide the injury but also didn’t actively exacerbate it. He knew Xiao Yao was very sensitive to any mention of Jing’s death but he chose not to shy away from the subject now.

Xiao Yao asked, “Can you get involved with the Tu Shan clan situation?”

“Of course I can’t openly, but neither can the other players. So everyone is getting involved behind the scenes.”

Xiao Yao said, “As long as I am alive, I don’t want the Tu Shan clan to fall.”

Zhuan Xu asked, “What do you want to do?”

Xiao Yao said, “Tu Shan Zhen is not Jing’s son but he is the bloodline of the Tu Shan clan. I think the Tu Shan Grand Madam would not have objected to him being the clan leader.”

Zhuan Xu asked, “His parents killed Jing, don’t you hate him?”

Xiao Yao was silent for some time before saying, “If Hou was still alive I could cut him into millions of pieces, but Tu Shan Zhen is just a child and he did nothing wrong. You and I know what it’s like to grow up without parents, and his birth isn’t something good to begin with so his life is already going to be hard. If he can’t be the clan leader then others will likely harm him one day. He is the successor in name and blood, I don’t want Jing to come back one day and have Zhen gone.”

Zhuan Xu was startled into silence by Xiao Yao’s words, but after a few moments he smiled, “Fine, let Tu Shan Zhen be the clan leader then.”

Xiao Yao said, “Thank you.”

-----

When XY ran away from Jade Mountain as a child, she was at least 80 years old (70 years on Jade Mountain, 8 years on Xuan Yuan Mountain, at least 2 years on Five Gods Mountain but probably several years more than that) and she said she was as tall as an eight-year-old human child at that time. 

-----

Chapter 9:

Xiao Liu’s voice started, “During the final battle between the Xuan Yuan Yellow Emperor and Sheng Nong’s General Qi Yo, my mother died during battle. Before she went to battle, she left me with the Royal Mother in Jade Mountain. I wanted to go home, but year after year I waited and Dad never came to get me. I was very immature then, and the Royal Mother rarely spoke and never smiled, every day forcing me to practice my spiritual powers. I hated her, and one time when Dad had a servant bring a present for me, I hid in the undercarriage and escaped down the mountain. Initially I wanted to hide in the carriage all the way home to Five Gods Mountain, to scare Dad and ask why he didn’t bring me home. I wanted him to tell me that Mom wasn’t dead. On the way home, the two servants were gossiping about me. They said a lot of bad things about my mom and me. They called me a bastard spawn. They said I was so pathetic, wanting to go back to Five Gods Mountain, but my dad would never bring me back. It was his grace that he didn’t have me killed. That was when I learned that my mom actually divorced my dad! She wasn’t my dad’s wife anymore!”

Xiao Liu’s voice became so dark and even Shi Qi and Zhuan Xu knew that she was only sharing some of what she heard because the rest was too horrible to even discuss again. How could she have felt when she heard it all and was still so young.

“I don’t remember exactly how I felt – despair, disappointment, rage, disbelief – I hated my mom, hated my dad…..my entire head was spinning. When the servants stopped to rest, I snuck away and didn’t know where to go but knew I couldn’t go back to Five Gods Mountain. But that was the only home I knew, I didn’t know where else to go. I followed the way to Yi Zhou because I heard that was where my mom died. I didn’t know what to do and just walked on. Probably because I was so cute, people were nice to me and fed me. One time an uncle let me ride in his carriage and said he was headed the same way. I sat down and he took me to his residence. He was nice to me, told me stories and made me laugh. I felt like Dad didn’t want me anymore so I thought he could be my dad. But one day he tried to take my clothes off, and even though I didn’t understand what was happening, I remembered the Royal Mother saying that a girl cannot take her clothes off randomly. I wasn’t willing so he hit me and I accidentally killed him. I was……” Xiao Liu gestured to the height of an eight year old human girl, “Just this tall. I couldn’t believe a person could have so much blood, my clothes were soaked in his blood.”

Sunbath12:
I'll see how it works out onscreen. It's not huge deal, just a nitpick really.

I know how that still feels wrong lol because at 60 years old he would still look like a child outwardly... it would appear deities in LYF will still look like a child even at 100 years old? XY still looked like a child when she freed herself from captivity from the fox demon... I guess they only look like teens after a few hundred years more...

In the novel, we can see Jing's good influence on Tien over the decades... so I think Jing already did his best in a hand in his upbringing, even though he was a 'product' of what could be considered as his 'life-ending' event..

Last week while drama is on..I was not able to do postings much...i read every single comments here and was delightful on how you all are insightful. S2 might not be perfect. ...but it is still good 

1st ep

YaoJing met

Poor Jing...his pain and longing is just something....his grey hair...and Xiao Yao definetly still long for him too...by looking those braised ducks i knew she missed Qing Shui town and Ye Shiqi/Jing.

Still good that Jing had a good friend....who may try to cheer him up.

Are we ready for tomorrow guys?

Beepee:

Oh I'm her for just these two and nothing else. Btw I need me a Jing in my life RN!!

Girl,you & me both lmao. It’s rare to find such a man like him

Beepee:

FTCU:

Girl,you & me both lmao. It’s rare to find such a man like him

You Girls....I want my own Jing too..