I will remember  this drama as the  one where the ml is obsessive stalker and another is a mopping drunk friendzoned 

peng-peng:

I will remember  this drama as the  one when the ml is obsessive stalker and another is a mopping drunk friendzoned 

Lmao couldn’t agree more.

peng-peng:

I will remember  this drama as the  one where the ml is obsessive stalker and another is a mopping drunk friendzoned 

Yeah, it's going to take a bit for me to come up with a review for this one. Very uneven second season. All the complexity and beauty of the story in the novel - it's a shame there wasn't more time, money, or whatever (no censorship lol) to be able to tell the original story.

CX doesn't feel like CX by the end of the drama. And Jing is just...missing after episode 12 or so. XL probably gets by the least scathed in the drama, but even then he does the same thing in nearly every scene after episode 12 or so too (drinking with his bird). By the time he severs ties with XY as in the book, it doesn't hold the same power and weight. In the novel he gets her to give him blood to save Jing, but here it is to remove the bug...and I was quite moved in the novel with his story and his insistence on never letting XY or Jing know what he did. But I just was a bit bored by the last few episodes because there is not a sense of urgency.

Ugh my thoughts are a muddled mess, so that paragraph above is just rambling at this point.

@Sunbath12 

I totally agree. 

Jing : none existant, turned into a servant.

CX:  lost him mojo and is a wife beater.

XL: repetitive  like they could not give him something else to do. Moping over and over and over. 

XY: too aggressive towards her cousin.

What a mess. Had they followed the novel every  one would have been happy. 

The most anticipated drama of the year was such a failure .ooh well. 

peng-peng:
ing : none existant, turned into a servant.

CX:  lost him mojo and is a wife beater.

XL: repetitive  like they could not give him something else to do. Moping over and over and over.

XY: too aggressive towards her cousin.

What a mess. Had they followed the novel every  one would have been happy.

Lol, you made me laugh!

Definitely part of I what I did not like this season was how overly melodramatic things were. The original had enough drama to work with - it did not need more jealous stalking, drinking or slapping to make it more spicy.

What it needed was more actual scenes of characters talking, developing or completing their characters' arcs (the worst omissions/changes were XY and Jing finding her mother story changed and the entire 180 change of Cang Xuan). Some additions would be nice (I think Xinyue was a missed opportunity, as well as developing Jing and XL's dynamic). The additions I did like were with A'Nian and Ru Shou.

So long, my friends! I had a great time discussing/ranting with you all. I left my review, and it's time to move on from this story. I see the main comments page descending into chaos again, and I think it's just best for me to move on in general. Onward to new stories, characters and dramas!

Sunbath12:

So long, my friends! I had a great time discussing/ranting with you all. I left my review, and it's time to move on from this story. I see the main comments page descending into chaos again, and I think it's just best for me to move on in general. Onward to new stories, characters and dramas!

See you again when DW and YZ have another collab! (Preferably modern style hehe :))

Gone is the guy who ruthlessly used Xiao Yao freely as an IV bags vending machine. One thing I really liked about novel Xiang Liu is his other-worldliness, and somehow they turned him into a mopey drunk, which is ironic because Jing's haters like to call Jing names and mocked him when he was depressed from losing Xiao Yao.

Sunbath12:

It was nice chatting with you. Take care

Bye . It was really nice chatting with you all. Take care.

Winner_is_King:

See you again when DW and YZ have another collab! (Preferably modern style hehe :))

Yes! The best way to move on is to look forward to their future projects!

peng-peng:

It was nice chatting with you. Take care

Same! Hope to see you again with some other drama!

Parting gift: longer bts of the only kiss this season

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKvZMkaFg2w

Sunbath12:

Parting gift: longer bts of the only kiss this season

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKvZMkaFg2w

Thank you. 

DW was shivering and lips were blue from cold. Sighs....poor thing.

And that scene was cut to the bare minimum for screening. I hope people stop bashing him because he worked just as hard as everyone else. 

https://youtube.com/shorts/zspaOfPKFiI?si=1tRrJoSbnvgn4tLP