I love thai and Kdramas and grew up watching them.

Hello. I am very new to the drama world. Are you a screenswriter or aspriring to be one?

Now am an editor and writer. 

Aspiring to be one 

It's good to find a forum that talks about writing. 

although I have never written any screenplay, I do have a knack on it. I do write stories a little bit and I also love cinematography so maybe idk someday I can make my own film.Well...one can dream

My dream is to be a screenwriter too but I'm working in office job now. I always want to write but I haven't ever finished an entire story so far. 

@sakura, I dream of becoming a screenwriter. Series and movies seem to be a very good medium to teach Generation Z.  It is more effective, I think, than facts in lectures for those who do not want to invest in getting knowledge from university courses.  If you write, share with us so we can be your readers.  

Back in high school, I wanted to a writer or novelist because I loved to read fiction books. Fast forward: I now work in TV production as a scriptwriter cum assistant producer, mostly for travelogue shows and documentaries. It's like a dream come true, but with a lot of hard work and challenges. But please bear in mind that it takes a lot more than simply a script to make a drama or a movie happen. 

So for those who have dreamed of becoming screenwriters or scriptwriters, my advice is for you to start writing. Get the idea out. But most importantly, you must have the basic knowledge of screen/scriptwriting. 

@dramas _ nocturnal how should one learn script/screenwriting? Is learning from Youtube good enough? 

@ksk79 no I don't think I have time or that much money to invest in course/lectures/film school. I have a day job. I have some experience in videography, cinematography, video editing and should I say direction? In that way , I have written scripts as a form of ideating my videos.  Because I work as a digital marketer and while that is a vague term I do many things other than copywriting. I have done very basic of all the things I mentioned above though.  Nothing professionally - as in under a commercial film team or anything.

Sakura:

@dramas _ nocturnal how should one learn script/screenwriting? Is learning from Youtube good enough? 

Based on my experience, learning from YouTube can't compare to real learning. I would recommend a seminar or short course, either online or in class. That way, you will learn more about how to develop the story and concept - plots, subplots, characters and characteristics, conflict, climax, and resolution. I believe that a good-quality script is more than just a story; it is how impactful the story can deliver. When you write a script, you don't have think much about the direction because there's a director to do that part. 

Sakura:
I have some experience in videography, cinematography, video editing and should I say direction? In that way , I have written scripts as a form of ideating my videos.

It's good that you have the knowledge of the technical parts (the production and post production), so maybe you can really create something. 

dramas_nocturnal:

Based on my experience, learning from YouTube can't compare to real learning. I would recommend a seminar or short course, either online or in class. That way, you will learn more about how to develop the story and concept - plots, subplots, characters and characteristics, conflict, climax, and resolution. I believe that a good-quality script is more than just a story; it is how impactful the story can deliver. When you write a script, you don't have think much about the direction because there's a director to do that part. 

It's good that you have the knowledge of the technical parts (the production and post production), so maybe you can really create something. 

I will see if I can find any course, maybe on Udemy or Coursera to at least learn the basics of it. Thanks for the tips. It is great to know from someone professional.

@sakura, thank you for the comment and feedback. I am afraid you misunderstood my original statement that many from Gen Z perfer watching videos over reading prose. I appreciate having got feedback on my complicated message and hence, my writing style.  I see that @drama_noctural shared a noteworthy comment (at least to me) to you.  Thank you to other participants in here.

ksk79:

@sakura, thank you for the comment and feedback. I am afraid you misunderstood my original statement that many from Gen Z perfer watching videos over reading prose. I appreciate having got feedback on my complicated message and hence, my writing style.  I see that @drama_noctural shared a noteworthy comment (at least to me) to you.  Thank you to other participants in here.

My apologies I may have understood it wrong. But yes, @drama_nocturnal has given a satisfactory answer, I believe for both of us to practice and learn the art and craft of screenwriting