liddi:
liddi Oct 27, 2023 04:49 am
Xiao Yao finds out about Jing's hand in her wedding disruption.

Leaked script Ep7 scenes 13-18   (Vol 2 Ch15 / Chapter 32)

Xiao Yao saw Tian'er's great grandchildren playing in the snow. Realising that it was Hui Chun Clinic, she approached and had a long talk with Tian'er, who told her that one had to be willing to believe and give of oneself to have a hope of seeing the results one hopes for.

XY (voiceover): Unwilling to trust and give of oneself means one will not get the results one hopes for. Could it be that it was my fault that Jing and I ended up like this?

Xiang Liu appeared nearby and quietly watched Xiao Yao and old Sang Tian'er.
Feeling his gaze, Xiao Yao came to her senses and lifted her head. Their eyes met and she averted her eyes.
Getting up, she caressed Tian'er's head.

XY: Tian'er, you have done very well! I think Chuanzi must appreciate that he married a good wife. Lao Mu and I are both very happy.
STE (shocked): You, you... who are you?

Xiao Yao smiled without replying and turned to walk towards Xiang Liu. A flurry of snowflakes flew by and they both disappeared in the snow.

STE (murmuring): Brother Liu...

In realisation, old Sang Tian'er got up, eyes filled with tears and knelt to bow in the direction where Xiao Yao disappeared.

Xiang Liu and Xiao Yao stood side by side by the river and looked out.
She recalled the times in the past.

[Flashback:
Xiang Liu grabbing hold of Xiao Liu and jumping on to the white condor. Xiao Liu grabbing tightly on to Xiang Liu's arms, yelling in fright.
Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu sitting atop the tree branch, her looking at the moonlight while his eyes were on her.
Xiang Liu looking back, holding his hand out to Xiao Liu which she immediately grabbed hold of and they slid off the back of the condor. Xiang Liu bringing Xiao Liu for a slow stroll on the surface of the water.]

XY (missing those times, sadly): This place is still the same. Unfortunately, both you and I cannot go back to the way it used to be.
XL (coldly): You are the Gao Xin princess, I am the general of a rebel army. We were never on the same side. What is there to regret?
XY (bitterly): Yes, there is nothing to regret! The Gao Xin princess has been missing for such a long time, the world must be in an uproar?

Xiang Liu did not reply.

XY: It was your actions, but the Fangfeng clan had to bear the consequences. Fangfeng Yi Ying will surely need to help the Fangfeng family weather the storm. Since she is the Tushan clan leader's wife, even the Tushan clan has been dragged into it.
XL (cold laugh): Do you think the one who wanted to ruin your wedding was me?
XY (stunned): If not you, then who was it?

Xiang Liu looked at Xiao Yao.

[Flashback]
Xiang Liu met a sickly, pale Tushan Jing by the river at Qingshui Town. When he said he wanted to hire Xiang Liu to stop Xiao Yao's wedding, Xiang Liu mocked and asked whether it was Ye Shiqi or Tushan Jing who was hiring him, and whether Ye Shiqi could afford him, to which Tushan Jing replied that Ye Shiqi could not but Tushan Jing could. Xiang Liu mocked and asked what right did Tushan Jing have to stop the wedding, but Tushan Jing only said that he was responsible for paying for the deed, while Xiang Liu was responsible for fulfilling the deed.

Jing pledged to provide the Xuan Yuan army with provisions every year henceforth to which Xiang Liu mocked, "It is really great to be rich! What you dare not do personally, you are able to hire someone else to do it for you. Tushan clan leader, you are really brave!"

Ignoring his mockery, Tushan Jing asked if he would accept the deal, which Xiang Liu did, saying he would never have any beef with money. Jing asked that he minimised the damage as much as possible, but Xiang Liu refused to let Tushan Jing dictate how he would stop the wedding, and asked for 37 years of provisions in return.

XY (shocked): Are you saying... Tushan Jing was the one who instigated you to take me from the wedding?
XL: You can go and ask him yourself if you don't believe me.
XY (furious): What right does he have to ruin my wedding! What does he want to accomplish!
XL (calmly): I only did what I was paid for. His intentions have nothing to do with me.

Xiao Yao controlled herself forcibly but failed, kicking the pebbles furiously in her path.

XY: Bastard! (stared at Xiang Liu furiously) When are you planning to let me go?
XL (indifferently): I have gotten what I wanted. You can leave any time you wish!

Xiao Yao was happy for a moment, but immediately quietened down.

XY: Then... I take my leave.

Xiang Liu gazed at the river without saying a word. Wordlessly, Xiao Yao turned. Suddenly, Xiang Liu's icy voice rang out behind her.

XL: Let me remind you that the poisonous bug is still there. If you dare reveal that I am Fangfeng Bei, don't blame me if you die from the pain of my hurting your heart.

Xiao Yao suddenly stopped and turned around in disbelief to look at Xiang Liu.

XL (coldly): Don't believe me?

Just as his words reached her, Xiao Yao's heart felt severe pain like it was pierced by a sharp sword. It was so excruciating that her limbs spasmed in pain and she slumped to the ground.
Xiang Liu walked over and looked down at her.

XL (cruelly): If you don't wish to die, don't say things you shouldn't!

Xiao Yao's face was ashen from the pain, her forehead beaded with sweat, yet she raised her face with a forced smile.

XY: Is this the reason you have no time to remove the bug? General Xiang Liu, well played!
XL (coolly): This is the kind of person that I am. It is not as if you only knew it today.

Xiang Liu turned coldly and left. At a location out of Xiao Yao's sight, he raised his hand and gripped his chest, his face ashen white, though no one could see anything amiss from the back.
Xiao Yao laid on the ground in pain, staring wretchedly at Xiang Liu's far retreating form.

* In S2 Ep 7, XL does not raise his hand to grip his chest after he turns away from XY as is described in the leaked script, but we do see the bug glowing in his heart as it attempts to retaliate and we see a pained expression on his face. 

-----

Chapter 32:

Kanunu8GoogleChat GPTKoala
小夭道:“你做的事,却要防风氏背黑锅,防风意映势必要为防风氏挡这飞来横祸,她是涂山族长的夫人,等于把涂山氏拖了进去。”

相柳冷笑道:“你以为我阻你成婚,只是为了让颛顼和四世家结怨吗?坦白和你说了吧!那不过只一半原因。”

“另一半呢?”

“涂山璟雇我去阻止你的婚事,他承诺,只要我能阻你成婚,给我三十七年的粮草钱。”

“什么?”小夭不敢相信自己听到的,璟竟然雇相柳去阻婚?

“不相信的话你可以自己去问问涂山璟。”

小夭说:“你什么时候能放我走?”

相柳无所谓地说:“我已得到我想要的,你要走,随时!”
Xiaoyao said: "What you did has to be blamed on Fangfeng. Fangfeng Yiying must protect Fangfeng from this sudden disaster. She is the wife of the Tushan clan leader, which is equivalent to dragging Tushan into it."

Xiangliu sneered: "Do you think I stopped you from getting married just to make Zhuanxu and the four families grudge against each other? I'll be honest with you! That's only half the reason."

"What about the other half?"

"Tushan Jing hired me to stop your marriage. He promised that as long as I can stop you from getting married, he would give me 37 years of food and grass money."

"What?" Xiaoyao couldn't believe what she heard. Jing actually hired Xiangliu to stop the marriage?

"If you don't believe it, you can ask Tu Shanjing yourself."

Xiaoyao said: "When can you let me go?"

Xiangliu said indifferently: "I have got what I want. You can leave at any time!"

Xiao Yao said, "You're doing this but making the Fangfeng clan take the blame. Fangfeng Yiying will inevitably shield the Fangfeng clan from this unexpected disaster. She is the wife of the Tu Shan clan leader, which means you're dragging the Tu Shan clan into this too."

Xiang Liu sneered, "Do you think I stopped your marriage just to make Zhuan Xu and the Four Great Families enemies? Let me be honest with you—that's only half the reason."

"And the other half?"

"Tu Shan Jing hired me to stop your wedding. He promised to pay me thirty-seven years' worth of provisions if I succeeded."

"What?" Xiao Yao couldn't believe what she was hearing. Jing actually hired Xiang Liu to stop the wedding?

"If you don't believe me, you can ask Tu Shan Jing yourself."

Xiao Yao asked, "When will you let me go?"

Xiang Liu said indifferently, "I've already gotten what I wanted. You can leave anytime you want!"

Xiao Yao asked, “You did what you wanted but you let the Fang Feng family bear the brunt of the consequences. Fang Feng Yi Yang must have to help her family weather the storm, and since she’s now the Tu Shan clan leader’s wife, even the Tu Shan clan has been dragged into it.”

Xiang Liu coldly laughed. “Did you think I kept you from getting married so that Zhuan Xu would get into a tiff with the Four Great Clans? I’ll tell you the truth, that was but half the reason!”

“The other half?”

“Tu Shan Jing hired me to go stop your wedding. He promised that if I could keep you from getting married, he would give me thirty-seven years worth of army provisions for the soldiers.”

“What?” Xiao Yao couldn’t believe what she was hearing. Jing hired Xiang Liu to ruin her wedding?

“If you don’t believe me you can go ask Tu Shan Jing yourself.”

Xiao Yao asked, “When are you going to let me leave?”

Xiang Liu casually said, “I already got what I wanted, you can leave anytime!

小夭转身就走,相柳说:“提醒你一声,蛊扔在,你若敢泄露防风邶就是我,休怪我让你心痛而死。”

小夭霍然止步,回身看着相柳。

相柳道:“不相信吗?”

小夭的心口犹如被利剑穿透,传来剧痛,她痛得四肢痉挛,软倒在地,狼狈地趴在草地上。

相柳犹如掌握着她生死的创世神祗,居高临下,冷漠地看着她:“不想死,不该说的话一句都不要说!”

小夭痛得面容煞白,额头全是冷汗,却仰起脸,笑着说:“这就是你没空去九黎解除蛊的原因吗?掌控我的生死,有朝一日来要挟我?好个厉害的相柳将军!”

相柳冷冷一笑,转身而去,一声长啸,踩在白雕背上,扶摇而上,消失在云霄间。

小夭的心痛消失,可刚才痛得太厉害,身子依旧没有力气,半晌后,她才恢复了一点力气,慢慢爬起来,步履蹒跚地向着镇子内走去。
Xiaoyao turned and left. Xiangliu said: "I remind you that the Gu is left here. If you dare to reveal that Fang Fengbei is me, don't blame me for making you die of heartache."

Xiaoyao stopped suddenly and turned to look at Xiangliu.

Xiangliu said: "Don't you believe it?"

Xiaoyao's heart felt as if it was pierced by a sharp sword. She felt a sharp pain. Her limbs were cramped in pain and she fell to the ground, lying on the grass in a mess.

Xiangliu looked down at her coldly, like a god of creation who controlled her life and death: "If you don't want to die, don't say anything you shouldn't say!"

Xiaoyao's face turned pale with pain, and her forehead was covered with cold sweat, but she looked up and said with a smile: "Is this why you don't have time to go to Jiuli to remove the poison? Control my life and death, and threaten me one day? What a powerful General Xiangliu!"

Xiangliu smiled coldly, turned away, let out a long roar, stepped on the back of the white eagle, soared up, and disappeared into the sky.

Xiaoyao's heartache disappeared, but the pain was too severe just now, and her body still had no strength. After a while, she recovered a little strength, slowly got up, and walked towards the town with a staggering step.

Xiao Yao turned and started to leave. Xiang Liu said, "Let me remind you, if you dare to reveal that Fangfeng Bei was actually me, don't blame me for making you die from heartache."

Xiao Yao stopped abruptly and turned back to look at Xiang Liu.

"Don't believe me?" Xiang Liu asked.

A sharp pain, as if a sword had pierced her heart, spread through Xiao Yao's chest. The pain was so intense that her limbs convulsed, and she collapsed onto the ground, lying helplessly on the grass.

Xiang Liu, like a god of creation holding her life in his hands, looked down at her coldly from above. "If you don't want to die, don't say a single word that you shouldn't."

Xiao Yao's face was deathly pale, and her forehead was covered in cold sweat. Despite the excruciating pain, she looked up and smiled, "Is this why you didn't have time to go to Jiuli to remove the gu? To control my life and death, so that one day you can use it to threaten me? Quite the formidable General Xiang Liu!"

Xiang Liu let out a cold laugh, turned away, and with a long whistle, leaped onto the back of a white eagle, soaring into the clouds and disappearing from sight.

The pain in Xiao Yao's heart subsided, but the agony had been so intense that her body was still weak. After a while, she regained some strength and slowly got up, staggering towards the town.

Xiao Yao turned to leave and Xiang Liu said, “A word of reminder, the voodoo bug still connects us so if you tell the world I’m Fang Feng Bei, don’t blame me if I hurt your heart and you die from the pain.”

Xiao Yao stopped and looked back at Xiang Liu.

“Don’t believe me?”

Xiao Yao’s heart was suddenly cut with so much pain like a sword pierced it, the pain so excruciating she fell on the ground in a slump.

Xiang Liu appeared to hold her life in his hands and he coldly said, “If you don’t want to die, then don’t say a word!”

Xiao Yao was in such pain her face was ashen and cold sweat dotted her face. She sat up and smiled, “Is this the reason you never had time to go to Jiu Li to break the voodoo bug? You want to control my life and death so that one day you can hold me hostage to your will? General Xiang Liu, you really are something!”

Xiang Liu smiled and turned to leave. With a whistle his white condor descended and he vaulted on its back and disappeared in the clouds.

The pain in Xiao Yao’s heart vanished but it was so painful that her body was still weak and needed some time to recover her strength. After some time, she slowly got up and walked towards town.

Chapter 26:

Note that in this chapter, XY's painful heartache is caused by seeing TSJ, but she masks her pain with a fake smile. XL uses the bug connection to speed up XY's heartbeat in order to disrupt the thoughts that are causing her painful heartache, to cast away her fake smile, and to cause XY and TSJ to interact for the first time since TSJ's marriage. 

XY later tries to control the bug connection herself and is not able to do so. She concludes that even though she was the one who raised the bugs, they are obeying XL because he is strong (he has high spiritual power) and not obeying XY because she is weak (she has low spiritual power). 

Kanunu8GoogleChat GPTKoala
小夭已一年多没见过璟,看到他这样子,小夭保持着微笑,静静地站在西陵族长身后。还记得归墟海中,他扯落发冠时,她的心悸情动,也记得耳鬓厮磨时,她指间绕着他的发,一头青丝、满心情思。一切就好似昨日,却已是青丝染霜,情思断裂。

小夭只觉心如被一只大手撕扯着,痛得好似就要碎裂,她却依旧笑意盈盈。突然,她的心剧烈地跳动起来,小夭再维持不住微笑,这就好像一个人能面不改色地忍受刀剑刺入的疼痛,却无法在剧烈运动之后,控制自己的脸色和呼吸。小夭不禁抚着自己的心口,深吸了几口气。

馨悦忙扶住她,担心地问:“你没事吧?”

小夭强笑着摇摇头,西陵族长看她面色发红,忙说:“我忘记你身体不好了,赶紧坐下休息一会儿。”

馨悦扶着小夭坐在了璟的坐席上。

璟焦灼地一手握住小夭的手腕,一手握着酒杯,化酒为雾。众人都知道涂山氏的障术可惑人五感,用来止疼最是便捷,所以都没觉得奇怪。

心依旧在剧烈地跳着,跳得她全身的血都好似往头部涌,小夭忍不住喃喃说:“相柳,你有完没完?”

其他人只隐约听到完没完,璟离得最近,又十分熟悉小夭的语声,将一句话听了个十分清楚。

心跳慢慢恢复了正常,小夭轻轻挣脱了璟的手:“谢谢,我好了。”
Xiaoyao hadn't seen Jing for more than a year. Seeing him like this, Xiaoyao kept smiling and stood quietly behind the Xiling clan leader. She still remembered her palpitations when he pulled off her hair crown in Guixu Sea, and she also remembered her fingers twisting his hair when they were rubbing against each other's ears, with her black hair and full of thoughts. Everything seemed like yesterday, but her black hair was already frost-stained and her thoughts were broken.

Xiaoyao felt as if her heart was being torn by a big hand, and it hurt as if it was about to break, but she was still smiling. Suddenly, her heart beat violently, and Xiaoyao could no longer maintain her smile, just like a person who can endure the pain of a sword piercing without changing his face, but cannot control his face and breathing after intense exercise. Xiaoyao couldn't help but touch her heart and take a few deep breaths.

Xinyue hurriedly supported her and asked worriedly, "Are you okay?"

Xiaoyao forced a smile and shook her head. Seeing her blushing face, the Xiling clan leader hurriedly said, "I forgot that you were not feeling well. Hurry up and sit down and rest for a while."

Xinyue helped Xiaoyao sit on Jing's seat.

Jing anxiously held Xiaoyao's wrist with one hand and held the wine glass with the other, turning the wine into mist. Everyone knew that Tushan's barrier technique could confuse people's five senses and was the most convenient way to relieve pain, so no one thought it was strange.

Her heart was still beating violently, and it seemed that all the blood in her body was rushing to her head. Xiaoyao couldn't help but mutter, "Xiangliu, are you done?"

Others only vaguely heard whether it was over or not. Jing was closest and very familiar with Xiaoyao's voice, so he heard the words very clearly.

Her heartbeat slowly returned to normal, and Xiaoyao gently broke free from Jing's hand: "Thank you, I'm fine."

Xiao Yao hadn't seen Jing for over a year. Seeing him like this, she maintained a smile and stood quietly behind the leader of the Xiling clan. She remembered how, in the Guixu Sea, her heart had fluttered when he pulled off his hair crown, and she remembered the times they spent together, her fingers entangled in his hair, a head full of black hair and a heart full of feelings. It all seemed like yesterday, yet now his black hair was streaked with frost, and their feelings had been severed.

Xiao Yao felt as if a giant hand was tearing at her heart, the pain almost shattering it, but she continued to smile brightly. Suddenly, her heart began to pound violently. She could no longer maintain her smile; it was like someone who could endure the pain of a sword piercing without changing their expression, but couldn't control their face and breathing after intense exertion. Xiao Yao couldn't help but press her hand to her chest, taking several deep breaths.

Xinyue quickly supported her, asking worriedly, "Are you okay?"

Xiao Yao forced a smile and shook her head. The leader of the Xiling clan, noticing her flushed face, said hurriedly, "I forgot about your health condition. Sit down and rest for a while."

Xinyue helped Xiao Yao to Jing's seat.

Jing anxiously grasped Xiao Yao's wrist with one hand while holding a wine cup with the other, transforming the wine into mist. Everyone knew that the art of illusion from the Tushan clan could deceive the five senses, making it the most convenient for pain relief, so no one found it strange.

Her heart still pounded violently, making her blood seem to rush to her head. Xiao Yao couldn't help but mutter, "Xiang Liu, will you ever stop?"

The others only vaguely heard the words "ever stop," but Jing, being the closest and very familiar with Xiao Yao's voice, heard the entire sentence clearly.

Her heartbeat gradually returned to normal. Xiao Yao gently withdrew her hand from Jing's. "Thank you, I'm fine now."

Xiao Yao hadn’t seen Jing in over a year and seeing him like this, Xiao Yao maintained her smile and quietly stood next to the Xi Ling clan leader. She remembered in the ocean when he let his hair loose, the stirring in her heart. She remembered twining his hair around her fingers, each strand was a longing. Everything felt like yesterday but it was already black hair turned white and all longing severed.

Xiao Yao felt her heart was being clawed at by a large hand, so painful it was like being ripped apart. She could only keep smiling when suddenly she felt her heart violently beating. Xiao Yao couldn’t maintain her fake smile anymore, much like a person could endure severe pain without any change in expression yet couldn’t control exhibiting bodily reaction to intense exercise. Xiao Yao clutched her chest and took a few deep breaths.

Xing Yue hurriedly assisted her and asked in concern, “Are you okay?”

Xiao Yao smiled and shook her head. The Xi Ling clan leader saw her face flushed bright red and quickly said “I remember your constitution is not strong, hurry and sit down to rest.”

Xing Yue helped Xiao Yao to sit down at Jing’s table.

Jing anxiously put one hand on Xiao Yao’s wrist while his other clutched the wine cup and transformed the wine into a fog. Everyone knew the Tu Shan clan had the power to mystify which was very useful for taking away pain. No one thought it weird what Jing was doing.

Her heart continued to beat wildly and strongly, so much that she felt like all her blood was rushing into her head. Xiao Yao couldn’t control it and muttered under her breath, “Xiang Liu, will you cut it out already?”

Everyone only heard “cut it out already”, but Jing was sitting closest to her and he was completely familiar with Xiao Yao’s voice, so he heard every word she said.

Her heartbeat started to return to normal and Xiao Yao gently pulled her hand away from Jing, “Thank you, I’m fine now.”
一阵喝彩声传来,小夭随意扫了一眼,却眼角跳了跳,停下脚步,凝神看去。只看案上摆了一溜酒碗,一群年轻人正斗酒取乐,防风邶穿着一袭白色锦袍,懒洋洋地笑着。

小夭驱策体内的蛊,却没有丝毫反应,小夭气绝,这到底是她养的蛊,还是相柳养的蛊?相柳能控制她,她却完全无法控制相柳!难道蛊都懂得欺软怕硬?
A burst of cheers came, Xiaoyao glanced casually, but her eyes twitched, she stopped and looked at it intently. There were a row of wine bowls on the table, and a group of young people were drinking for fun. Fangfeng Bei was wearing a white brocade robe and smiling lazily.

Xiaoyao drove the Gu in her body, but there was no reaction at all. Xiaoyao died. Was this the Gu she raised, or the Gu raised by Xiangliu? Xiangliu could control her, but she couldn't control Xiangliu at all! Could it be that Gu knew how to bully the weak and fear the strong?

A burst of cheers came, and Xiao Yao glanced casually but then her eyelids twitched. She stopped in her tracks and looked attentively. On the table, a row of wine bowls was lined up, and a group of young people were having fun competing in a drinking game. Among them, Fang Fengbei, dressed in a white silk robe, was lazily smiling.

Xiao Yao tried to control the gu inside her, but it didn’t respond at all. She was exasperated. Was this gu raised by her or by Xiang Liu? Xiang Liu could control her, yet she couldn't control Xiang Liu at all! Did even the gu know how to bully the weak and fear the strong?

The sound of loud cheers reached her and Xiao Yao glanced over and her eyebrows jumped and she stopped her footsteps. She stared at a table with a bowl in the middle and lots of young men were drinking and making merry. Fang Feng Bei, wearing a white embroidered robe, was standing there with a lazy smile.

Xiao Yao felt the voodoo bug in her body but got no response. Xiao Yao gave up, was she the one who raised the bug or was it Xiang Liu? Xiang Liu could control her but she couldn’t control Xiang Liu at all! Could it be that even voodoo bugs know how to fear the strong and sneer at the weak?

soTreeD:
No one really said the bugs would kill them if there is no 'love'...

I agree with this for the novel. Koala's translation (the part where she uses the phrase "not lovers") seems to be a little off. According to other translations, the Shaman King said heartbroken people produce Heartbreak Bugs (which would kill both hosts). Not that people who were never in love in the first place would produce bugs that would kill both hosts. In that case, I would assume the bug would just not be successfully planted and wouldn't become a Lovers Bug or a Heartbreak Bug (as was the case with CX). 

But in S1 Ep12 of the drama (when XL asked if the bugs could be planted if there was no love between the couple), Lirong Ji told him that if forcibly planting the bugs (without love) did work, it would cause endless troubles, the hosts lives would not be tied together, and the bugs might even harm the hosts' lives

Winny24:
Bug was not firstly planted in XL but in CX. Even if one want to argue that its not really planted. It's still perfectly work on CX. But it's permenantly planted in XL because he willingly took it. If CX had willingly took it will permenantly planted in him too. 

When the bug was unsuccessfully planted in CX, it created a connection that transferred WXL's pain and sensations to CX. But it did not become a Lovers Bug that tied CX's life and heart together with WXL's life and heart. And it was possible for the bug to be transferred to another person. 

When the bug was successfully planted in XL, it became a Lovers Bug that did tie XL's life and heart together with WXL's life and heart. And it was no longer possible for the bug to be removed by any means, including a transfer. The only way the bug connection could be broken at that point was the method that XL ended up using, when he sacrificed an extra life (or two, in the drama) to kill the bugs. 

Winny24:
This bug to WXL was poisonuous. He intended to use it as protection or as controlling because XL could hurt her at times, use physical hurting as controling on her first.

I agree with this. In both the novel and the drama WXL did not understand the nature of the bug she raised to use against XL. She thought it was a more common type of bug that would only transfer her pain to the recipient (whether that was XL or CX). 

After reading all the answers to my question, I came to the conclusion that WXL unknowingly "fell in love" with XL back in S1, (although I don't understand how this is even possible, how she could fall in love with him, being WXL), so she managed to grow a bug lover, and successfully planted him in XL. But then WXL fell in love with TSJ and the bugs began to bring pain to XL's heart, which he successfully suppressed with his spiritual power.  

Uliya:
After reading all the answers to my question, I came to the conclusion that WXL unknowingly fell in love with XL back in S1, (although I don't understand how this is possible at all, how she could fall in love with him when she was WXL) that's why she managed to grow a bug lover, and successfully plant him in XL.

Lol, this is relatable. I remember the first time I read the novel there were a few points where I was like, "Wait, back then? When? Where?" ^^

But when I went back and read the QS town chapters with the context from the later chapters (plus some details pointed out by other fans) I was able to see how it could be. 

I personally think it's a lot harder to see in the drama. Especially for anyone who hasn't read the novel, which provides a lot of helpful context for both the scenes / details that were adapted and the scenes / details that were ommitted. 

And of course there are fans who feel that XY never had romantic feelings for XL in the drama or the novel. While that's not my interpretation, there are a lot of details that are ambiguous and I can understand how other fans might arrive at a different interpretation. 

Uliya:
But then WXL fell in love with TSJ and bugs began to bring pain to XL's heart, which he successfully suppressed with the help of his spiritual power.

IMO, WXL already had the beginning of romantic feelings for YSQ/TSJ (on top of just general feelings of attraction to his looks) before the Lovers Bug was successfully planted in XL, but there were a few things that made her feel that she couldn't trust those feelings and should try to cut them off (e.g., when YSQ didn't help her fight CX / when YSQ's true identity as TSJ and his engagement with FFYY was revealed / her own personality and insecurities). So she distanced herself from TSJ for a while and became a little bit closer with XL.

But in chapter 8 (the chapter after the Lovers Bug was successfully planted in XL) TSJ does a good job of showing his devotion to WXL (by helping her try to escape from CX) and confesses his feelings for her. WXL's feelings for him clearly get stronger / more certain (IMO, the novel is quite direct about it), to the point where she is willing to make the 15 year promise with TSJ in that chapter. 

Uliya:

After reading all the answers to my question, I came to the conclusion that WXL unknowingly fell in love with XL back in S1, (although I don't understand how this is possible at all, how she could fall in love with him when she was WXL) that's why she managed to grow a bug lover, and successfully plant him in XL. But then WXL fell in love with TSJ and bugs began to bring pain to XL's heart, which he successfully suppressed with the help of his spiritual power.

Is there by any chance an interview with the author of the novel that would normally explain everything about bugs to us?))) 

I dont think U read all the answers dear. I have feeling you just want to troll here about xy love for xl. If you are coming here to proof about bug being "love", i suggest u to also go write theories on how WXL fell love in CX ! Enjoy your time! But minding this is  Yaojing thread.  But saying a cover up of I love TSJ may not work well.

Voodoo kind  lovers raise lover bugs, heartbreak  couple raise heartbreak bugs or something of the sort 

1 woman raise t he bug and implanted it in her lover.   This imply that the woman is in love with her man

In WXL case she raised the bug to hurt XL so   there was no love there 

So XY was not raising  the  bugs  with love.   

We can  Therefore conclude with this information that from that moment the bugs were d estined to change into Heartbreak bugs.

Since the woman rinse the bugs for her lover,  she feed them positive emotion of "in love."

Lover bugs: 

WXY raise her bugs for XL with the intend of harming him. So no feeling of in love.  Which ever way you want to twist it. 

XL accepted  the bug freely. Lover bug raised with harmful feelings coming from wxL.  Once the bug was successfully implanted WX Ysaid " something is not right. Or she has a bad feeling. " ( paraphrasing) 

the bugs were already compromised to some extend due to how Xzy raised them witn wrong feeling.

This plus no reciprocated feeling of " in love" made them turn into heartbreak at 1 point. 

My understanding of the lover bugs from reading novel and added info from the drama ( wihicjbwe suspected)

- there is a 50/50 chance the bugs will work if the couple are not in love.

- in Yaoliu case it worked fine because XL had developed feeling and accepted the bug full heartedly. As we saw with ZX the bug was implanted fully well but he did not accept it fully.

XL took a huge risk and huge gamble because we was attracted to WXL. But it his gamble dud not pay off because WXL heart was already longing for another. 

The couple in love share the lover bugs, the bugs feed on their mutual affection. The emotion, love feeling = they therefore raise the lover bugs.

Unbeknownst to XY, since she did not reciprocated Xzl feelings of being in love eith him, she and XL were raising heartbreak bugs. Because their bugs could not feed on their reciprocated feeling of love.

Xl has been aware if this and since he us tje one controling the bugs, he made sure that XY bug remained in his original state of " lover bug". This is why voodoo king said when he sense XY''s bug he said " it us indeed a love bug , how come".

If XL had been there, voodoo king would have sensed that his bug has changed to heartbreak bug. He would also has decided that XL was the one preventing XY's bug to turn into what it was supposed to be.: heartbreak bug. 

The bug in XY was able to remain lover bug because XL blocked the connection. Just like for example the bugs were lover bugs when inside XY and CX. The bugs can live inside couples who have no lover, but once 1 of them sense that the love its host had towards the other party but say other party has love directed at another, they turn into Heartbreak bugs. The connection is like old man say it led to endless problems, the couple cannot live. They might die - this is just a possibility. Not a 100% guarantee - 

In Yaoliu case this became a maybe a fact . Because XY was in incredible pain each time XL allowed her bug to turn into a heartbreak bug. By allowing XY's bug to become aware that it is not feeding on emotions reciprocated emotions : signal received from the bug in XL so to speak. It is a magical connection that informed them that there is love that is not reciprocated hence no emotions to feeds on . Both need to feed on say emotion. 

I do not think XY's bug was feeding on XL's love for XY. If it did, XY would have known that XL has feeling for her. That is why when the bug had been removed XY said she felt nothing. The emptynesss was just the hole felt by the physical absence of the Bug.

Those bugs were originally used for saving life but I think the lover bugs are different because they feed on the couple emotions and without it they " could" ( being temperamental/ impulsive) turn into Heartbreak .

This is my understanding of lover bug being implemented into parties who are not in love: Yao Can or the love is 1 sided : Yao liu.

YaoCan: the bug were just there not feeding on emotions of "in love" : I would say successful implantation 50 chance, With no backlash 

Yaoliu: 1 the bug sensed emotion " in love" not being reciprocated this affected the magical " thingy" : I would say successfully implantation 50 chance, with backlash 

The lover bugs are temperamental that is the important thing. We do not know for how long when in YaoCan, they would have remain lover bugs quiet state. It does not mean that they would not have changed turned into Heartbreak bugs later on. 

After all WXL had not feelings towards ZX , and later on her feeling was not reciprocated when she realised who he was. She still dud not have feeling of " in love" detected by the bug inside her. So the magic was let's say dormant? 

I do not by into the theory that say that the bug did not change because they recognised XY and XC .

Because if that was the case , they were feeding of emotions that the carriers were not aware they had fot each other family love. No way.  

Then why not feed on friendship love inncase of Yaoliu? 

These bugs feed on feeling of " in love " that is,why they are rare. 

Ok that my understanding.

Lover bugs never was said to mean  guarantee as proof of true love.  XY/ CX and XY/XL cases are the proof of this. 

ChunTian:
And Jing grew in S2. We see him owning up to his mistakes which shows his humility and self awareness. And he also decided that XY be the one who decides for herself. Proud of him.

soTreeD:
Actually I am really not happy about that line where he said he didn't let Xiaoyao choose... because the drama made Jing look like he manipulated Xiaoyao when in the novel there was nothing like that at all.
Drama team really just want Jing to look bad... grrrrr I never saw the scene where Xiaoyao not leaving with Xiangliu as a choice he forced her to make. Xiaoyao herself didn't want to risk dying with Xiangliu if they failed to escape the Haoling guards. It was such a weak excuse but there was no way the Haoling King would kill Tushan Jing just because Wen Xiaoliu escaped. So why would he think he forced her into choosing him?

peng-peng:

Jing never forced XY with the 15 years,promise. So him. Sating he did not give her a choice is actually fan service because this is actually coming from all those Yaolui blogs comment and all. 

In the novel XY was given the choice by Hing to agree or not. 

I si f hate this drama,  this stupid fan service and insult and ridiculous portay of Jing.

Unsurprisingly, I have a somewhat unique view on this. ^^"

I've spent a fair amount of time defending TSJ from critcisms in the YaoLiu threads, and one of the most common focal points for those criticisms was the 15 year promise. Some fans feel that it was selfish, unfair or controlling of TSJ to ask XY to promise to not let another man into her heart for 15 years (in exchange for TSJ promising to break his engagement and return YSQ to her in the same timeframe) because TSJ knew (or should have known) that there was a real chance he wouldn't be able to keep his side of the promise. And, it turned out, he wasn't able to keep his side of the promise (with plenty of reasons of course, which XY understood). 

Those fans often point out that one of the reasons XY chose to risk dying in chapter 13 rather than kissing XL for air after he drowned her was that XY wanted to keep the 15 year promise (as XY mentions to TSJ in chapter 14 and recalls in chapter 26). Whereas in chapter 26 she decided that she would kiss XL for air instead of risking drowning because she was no longer beholden to the 15 year promise and TSJ was married. So they feel that XY might have made different choices if she was not bound by the 15 year promise. 

While I don't view the 15 year promise as something that really "trapped" XY and I don't really feel like TSJ intentionally manipulated XY into agreeing to the promise (as some of these fans do) I can understand how they could be upset with TSJ for asking XY to make such a promise when he couldn't be certain that he would be able to deliver on his side of the bargain (which XY didn't ask him to make in the first place). Especially with the added context of XY's trust and abandonment issues. IMO, TSJ could have just confessed his feelings and made her his promise without asking her to also make him a promise in return and he could've worked on convincing her to choose him with his actions... and he could have respected her decision if she actually did end up choosing to let someone else into her heart for some reason (as it seemed he was prepared to do in chapter 33). Although I do give TSJ credit for not questioning it or trying to interfere when XY spent time with FFB. 

That said, when XY tried to take back the 15 year promise in chapter 14, I do think TSJ played on XY's sympathy (intentionally or unintentionally) in order to convince her to keep the promise. And TSJ was aware enough of that that he chose to not to let XY kiss him on the lips afterwards. Because he wanted XY's love, not her pity and care. 

-----

Chapter 14:

“I waited for you all night and thought you weren’t coming.”

Xiao Yao said angrily, “If you thought I wasn’t coming, then why keep waiting?”

Jing didn’t know how to answer. If she didn’t come, then he didn’t know where else to go. In this dark deep place, he once experienced the sweetest happiness, but the one who gave him the happiness was Xiao Liu. It wasn’t this girl before him now. If she took back her promise, he would completely understand.

Xiao Yao got on her knees and faced him, her eyes reflecting her anger. “Do you think waiting all night was hard? You have a fiancee! You step out with her all the time together, and then you find any opportunity to remind me of my promise to you. If you don’t trust me, then why ask me to promise? Let me tell you, last night I tried to keep the promise and almost died!

Xiao Yao shoved Jing hard. “I don’t want to play anymore. I take back my promise! You scram back to Qing Qiu and go marry Fang Feng Yi Yang!”

Jing didn’t dare do anything back to her but he also didn’t budge. “I won’t marry her. She doesn’t like me so she likely doesn’t want to marry me either.”

Xiao Yao stopped shoving. “I don’t believe it! What reason does she have to not like you?”

“I’m a cripple and I can tell she’s shocked and dismayed. One time she saw the scars on my body and was shocked…..” To say “shocked” was an understatement, Yi Yang’s face was stark white and she was petrified, not daring to look at him in that moment. Since then, when they were alone together, she would purposely keep her distance from him.

Xiao Yao felt terrible, she knew Jing had a crippled leg and his scars were truly scary, but that shouldn’t be a reason to dislike him. Xiao Yao said, “You guys have been engaged for tens of years, shouldn’t she not care about such external trappings?”

“In truth, before I saw her in Qing Shui Town, I didn’t even know what she looked like. We never met before and she was chosen by my mother. By then my mother was very sick and I didn’t want her to fret over my marriage so I agreed immediately. I took care of my mother and ran the businesses so I was so busy I didn’t care much about this. It was my brother who went off to meet her and came back with a smile and told me “congrats, she’s beautiful and smart”. After mother died, I had to take care of my despondent brother so was in no mood for romance. After my grandmother revealed my brother’s birth, I was even less inclined to think about this. Then my grandmother wanted to set the wedding date and that was when I remembered I had a fiancee. My grandmother is elderly and my sister-in-law is of no use so the Tu Shan clan needs a lady of the house to help my grandmother with her worries. After my grandmother discussed with the clan elders, they set a wedding date but before it arrived, I was already captured by my brother.”

So Qing Shui Town was their first meeting, no wonder Fang Feng Yi Yang was disappointed….. Xiao Yao’s feelings were so conflicted, she felt angry and upset, but also somewhat happy. She really didn’t know what she was thinking.

After a moment, Xiao Yao said coolly, “Miss Fang Feng is definitely very beautiful and she’s quite capable. If she’s got high standards that’s normal, don’t feel too bad about it.”

“You. Are the most beautiful.” Jing said that and then lowered his head.

“Even now?”

“Yes.”

Xiao Yao burst out laughing. “Now I know why the young girls are putty in Zhuan Xu’s hands with his honeyed words. Even though I know you’re not telling the truth, I still like hearing it.”

“I’m telling the truth, Xiao Yao. I never imagined you would look like this. If I had known you were like this…..even in the dark prison I would have never dared to reveal my greatest wish….” Jing’s back was straight but his head was still lowered, like a tree growing in darkness. “My body, my voice….do you know why I never got my crippled leg healed even knowing I can? Because I know that even when I’m healed, the real injury is inside that no medicine can heal. I can wear clothes to cover up my hideous scars, I can use rare medicine to cure my crippled leg, I can talk less to conceal my voice, I can lie to everyone that I can still the dashing Young Master of Qing Qiu, but I can’t lie to myself……Xiao Yao, I’m not good enough for you! This time, there will be many handsome, smart, physically whole young men…”

“Jing, raise your head! Tu Shan Jing, raise your head.”

Jing slowly raised his head and Xiao Yao put her face right in front of his and murmured, “Last night, a man forced me to kiss him, but right now all I want to do is kiss you.” Her lips softly landed on his lips and Jing’s body shook and he darted backwards. “No….Xiao Yao.”

Xiao Yao closed her eyes and raised her face, her cheeks bright red as her body softly shivered. “Jing…..Jing…..”

Xiao Yao’s soft voice was so low he almost could hear what she was saying, but Jing was shaking as his lips touched the peach blossom birthmark on her forehead and it felt like a fire burned from Xiao Yao straight to his head. His cold heart warmed up, with the hope that one day those scars concealed deep within his heart would also heal.

Jing tightly embraced Xiao Yao and buried his face in her neck, this joy like a dream where he just wanted to hold Xiao Yao forever and never let go.

Xiao Yao murmured, “You’re suffocating me.”

Jing immediately released her with his face bright red. Xiao Yao chuckled and rested her head on his arm and looked at him. Jing was embarrassed so turned his head slightly. “You said just now that you almost died last night, and also said…..”

Xiao Yao waved her hand casually. “It’s nonsense, I just said it to scare you.”

Jing looked at Xiao Yao with doubt in his eyes, but he knew she didn’t want to discuss it anymore.

Xiao Yao laughed and pointed to her lips. “Why not here?”

Jing said in a low voice, “Now’s not the time yet.”

“What time then….?” Xiao Yao lowered her eyes and used her hands to cover her face and her embarrassment.

Jing couldn’t answer because the choice was with Xiao Yao and not with him. It wasn’t that he didn’t desire her, but what he wanted was her love. He didn’t want her pity and care for him, she already gave him too much, he didn’t want to continue using her kindness.

-----

Chapter 26:

After some time, Xiao Yao felt the water pressure gently squeezing her. She held her breath until it was almost gone and she pointed to the surface to go up. Xiang Liu grabbed her hand and wouldn’t let her go up.

Xiao Yao furiously stared at him, was he trying to force her…..to do that?

Xiang Liu smiled and pulled Xiao Yao down with him deeper. Xiao Yao’s face was turning blue and white and her brain was fighting with itself – kiss or no kiss?

Back then it was because of her promise to Jing, but now it was all in the past and Jing was married. There was no reason for her to suffer for it anymore and risk her own life…. Xiao Yao made her decision and pulled on Xiang Liu’s arm and used it to propel her closer to him.

Xiang Liu stood in the water and smiled at her. Xiao Yao was embarrassed and frustrated and lowered her eyes because she didn’t dare look at him. Right as she was about to kiss Xiang Liu, he suddenly turned his head and avoided her kiss and then started laughing loudly.

-----

Many of the fans who raise those types of criticisms of TSJ also feel that TSJ was acting selfishly when he struck the bargain with XL to end XY's marriage with Feng Long. And one of my main points in defense of TSJ that I often raise in those discussions is that TSJ didn't try to find XY after she and XL/FFB left the wedding together (with their whereabouts unknown for over a month). As TSJ told XY in chapter 33, he thought XY had moved on. And TSJ knew he didn't have sufficient evidence to end his marriage at that point, so (similar to his circumstances in chapter 8 when he asked XY to make the 15 year promise) he wasn't in a position where he could guarantee her a certain outcome if she promised to continue waiting for him. So, TSJ didn't try to find XY and this time he didn't try to get some kind of commitment from her that she would give him a second chance and continue waiting for him / not allow herself to consider other options. It wasn't until XY came to visit TSJ and revealed that she was very much not over him that he revealed his suspicions about TSZ (TST in the drama) and began the process of reconciling with XY and working towards a second chance with her. 

So I point out to the TSJ critics that TSJ's actions at that point showed that TSJ's primary reason for striking the deal with XL to end XY and Feng Long's marriage was an unselfish one (i.e., he didn't want XY to condemn herself to misery) even though TSJ was also self-aware enough to think to himself that he might also have had some selfish reasons (like possibly not wanting XY to be with another man / him still holding on to a sliver of hope for a second chance) too.

-----

Chapter 33:

Xiao Yao hit Jing hard and cried, “Why didn’t you let me get married? Why can’t you let me act like I’m fine and keep walking forward with a smile?”

Jing couldn’t answer. Why? Perhaps it was Xiao Yao’s look of sadness as she stood on the streets of Qing Qiu. He didn’t want her entire life to be like that. Perhaps he loved her too deeply and couldn’t let her marry another man. Perhaps deep inside his heart was a sliver of undying hope.

Jing said, “I apologized earlier but I take it back now. I don’t regret it at all, even Xiang Liu using such an extreme means that caused the entire vast wilderness to descend into chaos, I’m still very happy that you didn’t marry Feng Long.”

-----

And I felt like the added dialogue between TSJ and his astral fox in S2 Ep6 basically made that same point (showing that TSJ was being unselfish), but in a much more straightforward way (by actually having TSJ verbalize his thoughts) instead of just showing us that he didn't try to find XY. 

TSJ: "You want me to look for her?"

Astral Fox: *indicates that TSJ should go*

TSJ: You fear if I don't look for her, she'll be with someone else?

Astral Fox: *nods*

TSJ: Many years ago, all I wanted was to be with her. So I took advantage of her soft heart. Between Xiang Liu and me, I didn't give her the chance to choose. But I failed to make her happy. Now I'm giving her the chance to choose. That's what I owe her.

peng-peng:
Once the bug was successfully implanted WX Ysaid " something is not right. Or she has a bad feeling. " ( paraphrasing) 

That's true. WXL had a bad feeling when she realized the bug felt more complicated than she previously thought. 

But after a moment WXL didn't feel that anything was off in her body. She asked XL how he felt but then the two of them had to run from the Five Gods Mountain soldiers so the topic was forgotten. 

-----

Chapter 7:

Kanunu8
Chat GPT
Koala
“咦?” 小六感觉到手中的异样,张开手,看到山核桃光彩闪动,竟然在逐渐地融化,变成了点点碎光,如流萤一般绕着小六和相柳飞舞着。慢慢地,一半落入小六手掌,一半落在相柳的手掌中消失不见,就好似钻进了他们的体内。

小六不敢相信地把手挥来挥去,真的什么都没有了。

小六的脸色很难看,对相柳说:“我有一种很不好的感觉,这蛊好诡异,不像我想的那么简单。”他静下心,凝神感受自己的身体,却没有任何异样,他问相柳,“你感觉怎么样?”相柳十分平静,看了一眼空中,“我感觉我们该逃了。”刚才引蛊作法,不能完全掩藏住小六的气息,已经惊动了五神山的侍卫。

相柳抱住小六,急速地沉入了海底,风驰电掣地向着远离五神山的方向逃去。

“Hmm?” Xiao Liu felt something strange in his hand. He opened his hand and saw the hickory nut shining and gradually dissolving into tiny particles of light. These particles floated around Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu like fireflies. Slowly, half of them fell into Xiao Liu's palm and half into Xiang Liu’s, disappearing as if they had entered their bodies.

Xiao Liu waved his hand back and forth in disbelief; there was really nothing left.

Xiao Liu’s face turned pale as he said to Xiang Liu, “I have a very bad feeling about this. This gu is so strange, it’s not as simple as I thought.” He calmed himself and concentrated on sensing his body but felt nothing unusual. He asked Xiang Liu, “How do you feel?”

Xiang Liu remained calm, glanced at the sky, and said, “I feel like we should run.” The ritual to attract the gu had exposed some of Xiao Liu's presence, alerting the Five Gods Mountain guards.

Xiang Liu grabbed Xiao Liu and quickly submerged into the sea, speeding away from Five Gods Mountain.

“Eh” Xiao Liu felt something strange in his palm. He opened it to find the walnut glowing and then gradually melting into splashes of color. It was like little fireflies dancing around Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu. Half of each went into Xiao Liu and Xiang Liu’s palms and disappeared.

Xiao Liu couldn’t believe it and shook his hands a few times but it really just disappeared.

Xiao Liu’s expression grew dark and he said to Xiang Liu, “I have a bad feeling about this. This bug is sooooo strange. It’s not as simple as I thought it was.”

But then Xiao Liu didn’t feel anything weird in his body so asked Xiang Liu, “How do you feel?”

Xiang Liu was very calm and looked upward. “I feel like we need to run away now.” The bug summoning could not be done under concealment so it had alerted the guards in Five Gods Mountain. Xiang Liu grabbed Xiao Liu and sank into the ocean and started swimming away from Five Gods Mountain.

peng-peng:
WXY raise her bugs for XL with the intend of harming him. So no feeling of in love.  Which ever way you want to twist it. 

I didn't view it as WXL raising the bugs with the intent of harming XL exactly. The bug would only harm XL if WXL was harmed first (and then her pain would be transferred through the bug connection to XL). 

It seemed like it was intended to be a defense mechnism that would help WXL equalize the power imbalance between her and XL so that XL wouldn't have an upper hand over her anymore. 

And that was how she ended up using it against CX (as a defense mechanism - so CX wouldn't be able to continue torturing her).

peng-peng:
the bugs were already compromised to some extend due to how Xzy raised them witn wrong feeling.

I can't recall there being any indications of this in the novel or the drama when the bug was in CX or when it was in XL. Unless you were thinking of WXL's "bad feeling" comment? Or was there another detail in the novel or the drama that you're thinking of? 

peng-peng:
Just like for example the bugs were lover bugs when inside XY and CX.

The bugs had not become Lovers Bugs when one of the bugs was in CX though?

If that was the case in the novel, then WXL should have felt all of CX's pain (like FFYY's arrow striking him) since CX clearly wasn't able to control the connection the way XL could. But she couldn't feel his pain. And it should have been impossible for WXL to transfer the bug from him to another person (as, in the novel, it is impossible to remove Lovers Bugs once they are planted). But she could. 

In the drama, Lirong Ji doesn't give XL all the details that the Shaman King gave XY in the novel and he mentioned that the bug could be transferred if it hadn't been in place long and hadn't stabilized, but it seems unlikely that they would change this major detail in the drama. Especially since they removed XY's childhood promise to marry CX.

AH :
Unsurprisingly, I have somewhat unique view on this. ^^

WOW @AH!!! Once again you have blown us away with your thesis on the 15-year promise and the lovers bugs.  I read it once and am going to read it again to properly digest it later. 

Thank you! 

I do wonder from time to time if Jing ever got his limp fixed. LOL From a health point of view, such old wounds come back to inconvenience people on cold days and as one gets older. I think Jing should just get it fixed so that he can chase after his kids (noting that deity kids are gonna be kids for a looooooong time. lol) and be mobile when he is an old fox. Anyways...a random thought. LOL

AH :
Those fans often point out that one of the reasons XY chose to risk dying in chapter 13 rather than kissing XL for air after he drowned her was that XY wanted to keep the 15 year promise (as XY mentions to TSJ in chapter 14 and recalls in chapter 26). Whereas in chapter 26 she decided that she would kiss XL for air instead of risking drowning because she was no longer beholden to the 15 year promise and TSJ was married. So they feel that XY might have made different choices if she was not bound by the 15 year promise. 

For me, the 15 year promise demonstrated two important things.

For the fans to say Jing forced her to promise - they can't see that it is his own promise to Xiaoliu. He didn't ask for to wait indefinitely for him. It is reasonable to set a deadline. In fact, he felt he needed 20 years but he thought it was too long and he cut it down himself.

1) Then we also saw that for his promise, unlike her promise to Xiangliu, Jing had never asked Xiaoliu to swear any oath if she breaks their promise. Certainly no oath that will doom her to eternal pain or regret.
Yet Xiaoliu considered herself bound to him. It was also because she wanted to be.
Nobody can force Xiaoyao to do anything she did not want to do. All her choices made were her own.

This reminds me of the story in Lord of the Rings, when Aragon asked Arwen to bind herself to him even though he didn't know if he would definitely be able to become king. Compared to that, Jing was only asking for a little of Xiaoyao's time. In fact, after she became the princess, Jing was fully prepared to accept that she would go back on her word. So a promise with such a 'weight', Xiaoyao was the one who gave it the weight she thought was right.

2) She would rather die than take CPR from Xiangliu, just because she felt it was considered a kiss and she can't do it. That is all because she was committed that much to what she feels for Shiqi/Jing.
As a survivor who would choose to live at every turn in her life, be it to the point of killing another person, this was interesting turn because for once, Xiaoyao didn't choose life this time.
When she refused air from XL, she was thinking of Shiqi, not because she was afraid she would fall for XL if she took air from him. That was an excuse she made up later on. It has half truth in it, but that was definitely not who she was thinking of when she was drowning.

I see alot of couple bug discussion... will take time to read later... 

ChunTian:
WOW @AH!!! Once again you have blown us away with your thesis on the 15-year promise and the lovers bugs.  I read it once and am going to read it again to properly digest it later. 

Thank you! 

Thank you for taking the time to read it. I'm glad you felt the amount of text was worth it. 

I feel like I should be contributing some non-text content as penance for so many long text posts. 

So here's a link to some cute caps of the scene where XY and TSJ sweetly reflect on the moment when TSJ chose not to let XY kiss him on the beach, as posted by the YaoJing shipper whose YaoJing posts first got me to watch LYF. (DangerMousie if you're in this thread: thanks!) ^^

https://dangermousie.tumblr.com/post/749684407432036352

A little preview:

ChunTian:
I do wonder from time to time if Jing ever got his limp fixed. LOL From a health point of view, such old wounds come back to inconvenience people on cold days and as one gets older. I think Jing should just get it fixed so that he can chase after his kids (noting that deity kids are gonna be kids for a looooooong time. lol) and be mobile when he is an old fox. Anyways...a random thought. LOL

He still had it in chapter 20. But I wonder if maybe his limp might have been healed (fully or partly) thanks to one of XY's general treatments for his other health issues / injuries? Like the long-term prescriptions she gave him in chapter 33 or the life-saving pill she made for him in that chapter as well, which he ended up taking in chapter 42?

soTreeD:
He didn't ask for to wait indefinitely for him. It is reasonable to set a deadline. In fact, he felt he needed 20 years but he thought it was too long and he cut it down himself.

Agreed. 

soTreeD:
Xiaoliu considered herself bound to him. It was also because she wanted to be.
Nobody can force Xiaoyao to do anything she did not want to do. All her choices made were her own.

I think that's a fair assessment. And it's backed up by the fact that XY felt she was able to take back her promise in chapter 14, before TSJ persuaded her not to. 

soTreeD:
In fact, after she became the princess, Jing was fully prepared to accept that she would go back on her word.

Hmm. In chapter 14, the novel says that TSJ would have completely understood if XY (the beautiful princess) took back the promise she made when she was WXL. But I think that's a little bit different than saying he was fully prepared to accept it if XY went back on her word, since XY went on (in that same scene) to try to take back her promise and TSJ immediately tried to convince her not to. Which, for the record, I think is totally understandable and not something I hold against him. 

soTreeD:
She would rather die than take CPR from Xiangliu, just because she felt it was considered a kiss and she can't do it. That is all because she was committed that much to what she feels for Shiqi/Jing.
As a survivor who would choose to live at every turn in her life, be it to the point of killing another person, this was interesting turn because for once, Xiaoyao didn't choose life this time.

That's a very interesting point that I've never seen anyone make before. 

Tbh honest, being willing to risk dying as a testament to your feelings for and commitment to your SO makes a bit more sense to me than be willing to risk dying for the sake of keeping a promise that would be pretty moot if you died (waiting for someone by not letting anyone else into your heart doesn't do the "someone" much good if you die to keep the promise). Although I think TSJ wouldn't want XY to choose to risk dying for his sake in either case. ^^

And chapter 26 showed that there was a circumstance where XY (in her true female form) would be willing to "kiss" XL for air instead of risking dying - the difference being that TSJ was married and had a child by that point. So there would be no point in dying for the sake of her promise to / commitment to / feelings for TSJ in those circumstances. 

@peng peng
XL accepted  the bug freely. Lover bug raised with harmful feelings coming from wxL.  Once the bug was successfully implanted WX Ysaid " something is not right. Or she has a bad feeling. " ( paraphrasing)

This plus no reciprocated feeling of " in love" made them turn into heartbreak at 1 point.

This heartbreak thing is mostly shown in drama. I will have to rewatch S2 properly later ...however there's no much concrete evidence of this in novel. But with a lot of what happened , I do not think it's needed to be in love to plant.
I could never really found XY long romantic love from XL. She was never even sad about it.
I even chatted with a friend about it. She even said how can anyone think XY fell for XL after he let her get whipped 40 lashes and a step on most hurting area of wounds and clean the blood in his shoes with her clothing. So some fans of drama are even way to eager to see it as only "XY must in love with XL" at all cost or..the plot wont make sense to them. I even have a feeling that whether they are way too attached to liking masochist dramas? So they could no longer appreciate or immune to mutual love developed from comfort and confessing?

Again to say in my defense on taking this story, yes i can feel XY love towards XL, and that she never really hated him at all. I think it starts from fear but curiousity as to what creature XL is and attachment after the handsome FFB began to teach her archery and XL saving her life. They had that attachment bond. I totally accept it. But as to say romantic type like husband & wife.. not quite so...or just not there yet by circumstances.

Lover bugs never was said to mean  guarantee as proof of true love.  XY/ CX and XY/XL cases are the proof of this.
Yes very very agree. After all i think yaojing love developed by time. I personally feel romance between yaojing from the beginning. But its more like they had to work toward their "forever together". 

Winny24:
She even said how can anyone think XY fell for XL after he let her get whipped 40 lashes and a step on most hurting area of wounds and clean the blood in his shoes with her clothing.

Not only whipping her despite knowing she is a girl, also hurting her in some way or form when they go out. Like throwing her down the tree and breaking her leg, biting her for blood, tossing her off Chubby and when she had taken on the girl form, making her swim back to shore. Thankfully Jing was still waiting at the beach and swam out to save her. Guess thank you to XL for creating the chance for Jing to save XY? LOL If this fox was your love opponent, would you give him a chance to be anywhere the girl you love? 

Winny24:
i can feel XY love towards XL, and that she never really hated him at all.

Yes, I also agree that there was love between YaoLiu. But not the healthy type of love. If one is fearful in the pressence of one's partner, it is already not right. I love the happy mushiness between YaoJing. And Jing is so sweet and attentive but can retort with cheeky statements that makes XY blush. Makes me smile. =)