Elise:
lol I'm not going to go into specifics but I'm in my 20s, gen Z. Even though I'm an adult now, people think I still look like a kid. My height, voice, and baby face doesn't help me much with looking older. If you saw me in real life, you'd probably think I'm like 14. The way I act doesn't help either...lol

I can relate. I'm 33 but people still ask me if I'm 16. I don't mind, because as I told Ericka, my brain probably also thinks I'm still 16 ahahahahaha

nathsketch:

I can relate. I'm 33 but people still ask me if I'm 16. I don't mind, because as I told Ericka, my brain probably also thinks I'm still 16 ahahahahaha

every time I'm at the doctors, they always mention how young I look lol

I'm so off topic but this meme is so true ????

bugei:
i can recognise 檀健次 on hot search in an instant! lol.

LOL!  I'm not even attempting to learn Mandarin, and I can recognize those important characters.  Actually there's a few I recognize from Japanese.  What do they call the characters?  I mean, they are kanji in Japanese, but I'm sure there's a Chinese name for them.

The first Chinese character I learned was actually for Horse.

Also you and Nathsketch have all my admiration for taking the language.

Elise:

I'm so off topic but this meme is so true ????

LOL!

Just wait.  Eventually, far, far in the future it will be the other way around. ;p

nathsketch:

Being an adult is over rated, IMO.

I'm having far more fun and less stress than my brother. 

Though I am substantially poorer.  LOL

Kokuto:

I'm having far more fun and less stress than my brother. 

Though I am substantially poorer.  LOL

???

Elise:
I'm sad about that leaked script. I had a small hope it wasn't legit... all those moments Xiang Liu had with Xiao Yao just gone. For people who are only watching the drama and haven't read the novel, they may believe Xiao Yao only loved Jing. Some have to read between the lines to see it.

You know, I haven't read the novel (and probably won't ever read it), but it's really upsetting to see this butchering of the story. As a drama watcher, I really thought that Xiang Liu would eventually be the endgame. Everything was set up in such a way that the other dude never stood out in any aspect for me. 

They even sing one of the songs together. The first kiss thing (ok, air-kiss, but whatever). I remember thinking that Jing was an interesting character back in episodes 2 or 3, with the whole saving thing and him getting better gradually, but the moment that XL showed up, I could swear the story would be completely different. Then I went for some spoilers and my world collapsed. To this day I cannot wrap my mind around this ending. People keep saying it's more memorable this way, that his epic death is what makes him so special. Not really. He can still be unforgettable even alive. That whole epic justification is nothing but a heavy dose of Copium being injected into our veins.

Even with the cuts and watering downs, XL is too much of everything to not be the endgame. It will never make sense to me. The whole "three things that he'll give to XY", his "I'm dying with my army bros", that's the biggest nonsense I've ever read. I know that Tong Hua has a flair for the dramatic, but it's just so infuriatingly absurd. Just go for the full-blown tragedy, kill everyone. I would be okay with XL dying if there was no Jing. The moment there's a Jing in this, then screw it, it's just plain terrible. The dude constantly needs others to safeguard his happy ending. Boo-hoo. Shame on me for not researching more about this novel in the first place.

Rant over.

Elise:

every time I'm at the doctors, they always mention how young I look lol

Yeah, every single time. Back in January, I had an appointment at the dentist and I kid you not, the receptionist asked me if I was going in alone or if there was a parent with me ?

Dude. Please.

Elise:

anyways, here's TJC dancing: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/enLtuGJ4D6w

He has so much energy!

You can see his Michael Jackson influence.  I wonder if he ever got to see him live?

nathsketch:

Yeah, every single time. Back in January, I had an appointment at the dentist and I kid you not, the receptionist asked me if I was going in alone or if there was a parent with me ?

Dude. Please. 

Kokuto:
LOL! I'm not even attempting to learn Mandarin, and I can recognize those important characters.

Is it bad to want to get a tattoo? Not his name tho, just 相柳 LOL

Kidding! Kidding. No really, just kidding.

Kokuto:
What do they call the characters? I mean, they are kanji in Japanese, but I'm sure there's a Chinese name for them.

They're called Hanzi

Kokuto:
The first Chinese character I learned was actually for Horse.

That's...interesting hahaha

Kokuto:
Also you and Nathsketch have all my admiration for taking the language.

It all started in April. I wasn't so obsessed back then :)

Kokuto:
You can see his Michael Jackson influence.

You know, he could go full Michael Jackson and come record a video here.

Just saying.

Kokuto:

It totally is! I want to go to work in my pajamas and watch Totally Spies with no one judging me.

bugei:
if the leaked script is true, then what is tencent doing selling mutual love bracelet for xiao yao and xiang liu.

i didnt read the details of the script changes as i want to save myself some heartaches (true or not) …i remember a time when harry potter books were still being written and plenty of fake sequels were being sold as leaked copies of the book… and that was before chatgpt, now its easier to generate these texts , so who knows, it might not be real.

bad ending or not, im still thankful for this show for bringing us Tan Jian Ci. He has been like iin the industry for a while and its only now that he is getting the international recognition he deserves.

The stories about how he has honed his skills over the years, him being so active in supporting public welfare stuff, how he works nonstop is just amazing,

THIS.  I haven't read the book, though I know quite a bit from spoilers now, but I love every bit of what I've seen of XL / FFB from the drama, and even more, the introduction of Tan Jian Ci to my life.  He's an amazing actor, and so talented as a dancer and singer, and seems like an interesting and nice person.  Plus, look at all of you who I got to meet and befriend!  That alone is worth it.

Yes, I'm still holding out hope that this is not the finalized script.  But I also don't feel the loss of scenes and elements as much as novel fans.  But my XL is what I've gotten, and to borrow a phrase, it is a treasure.  I don't think I've ever discussed a screen character so much.

Of course, I'm more sanguine, because I don't object to XL's ending.  I mourn it, but as long as it is done right, I accept it.