nathsketch:

His precious lives being used like that  ༎ຶ_⁠༎ຶ

Meeting Xiao Yao was the worst thing that ever happened to him while for Xiao Yao, meeting Xiang Liu was the best thing that ever happened to her.

Let's list all the things he did for her:

1. Taught her archery so she could protect herself

2. Gave her his blood which gave her the ability to breathe underwater

3. Sacrificed 3+ of his lives to save her twice

4. Saved that fox so she could have a companion for life

5. Gave her a place where she can go, the ocean

6. Alleviated her heartache by taking some of her pain unto himself

7. Took her on ocean dates and took her out to eat, drink, and be merry when he was FFB (and he never let her pay)

Now let's list all the things Xiao Yao did for him:

1. Gave him some companionship

2. Gave him her blood so he could heal

3. That's it. I can't think of anything else ;)

Elise:
1. Gave him some companionship

2. Gave him her blood so he could heal

3. That's it. I can't think of anything else ;)

bUt sHe hAs sUfFerEd sO mUcH

Not enough.

Kokuto:

Heh.

Need to sign up tonight.

Yes, pretty please (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

But Kokuto, I've just signed out and I can see the reviews and the comments below each drama.

What browser do you use?

nathsketch:

bUt sHe hAs sUfFerEd sO mUcH

Not enough.

There's one moment in the novel where I felt so bad for Xiang Liu. XY asked him if he could've seen Jing in the ocean after he was attacked by his brother, Hou. Xiang Liu said:

Xiang Liu mockingly said “Do you think I spend my time hanging in the ocean just waiting to rescue people?”

“No….I just thought….Qing Shui Town is also your territory of sorts, perhaps you noticed Tu Shan Hou’s activities. The East Sea may be big but you’re a sea demon….so maybe…..”

Xiang Liu coldly replied “There aren’t that many maybes!”

Xiao Yao lowered her head and her tears came down silently.

Xiang Liu turned around to stare at the ocean expanse, with his back to Xiao Yao, but even then he clearly heard her tears falling. One drop after another, so soft and bunched together, the sound entered his ears like a sharp thorn prick, each drop a stab to his heart.

Do her tears feel like stabs to his heart because it pains him to see XY crying over another man? Does he feel bad for her? Or maybe it's both of these reasons.

nathsketch:
Actually, all of those things you mention just prove he's always winning. And us too, if you really think about it.

This.  I certainly feel like a HUGE winner by finding Xiang Liu and Tan Jian Ci.  All the naysayers are the losers, as far as I'm concerned.  ;p

nathsketch:
Same with the naysayers. They get so offended by people liking Xiang Liu instead of their "good guy" that they resort to displaying their indignation by shaming people who think differently. Even the Chinese people can see that. I was talking to Atmospheres the other day and she told me Xiang Liu has always been one of their most beloved fictional characters ever since his creation in 2013.

There's a big mess that I don't like trying to understand behind the tearing down of XL and more importantly, his fans.  Some of it, I'm sure, has to do with people pointing out the flaws of their alleged 'good guy,' but that's no excuse for attacking real people.

Of course the Chinese see how awesome Xiang Liu is.  They are getting the original, direct take on the character, not a translation or subtitles, or a view warped through some real life agenda lens, or worse, some fan war.

Honestly, I'm skeptical about the idea that the show is trying to push Jing over XL or reduce XL's awesomeness for censorship.  I could be wrong, of course, because I'm not Chinese or live in China.  But I still came away from the show being blown away by the character and the actor.  Of course, once I actually read the novel, I might feel differently, but right now, I'm still so very happy with Tan Jian Ci's version of Xiang Liu.

Elise:
Do her tears feel like stabs to his heart because it pains him to see XY crying over another man? Does he feel bad for her? Or maybe it's both of these reasons.

The more I know about this, the more I love him. Help.

nathsketch:

But Kokuto, I've just signed out and I can see the reviews and the comments below each drama.

What browser do you use?

Firefox.  I can see those, but I don't see people responding to an individual comment / review in a thread, like we have in MDL's comment section.

Kokuto:

Firefox.  I can see those, but I don't see people responding to an individual comment / review in a thread, like we have in MDL's comment section.

Ah, yes, Viki's comment section is a bit different :/

Kokuto:
This. I certainly feel like a HUGE winner by finding Xiang Liu and Tan Jian Ci. All the naysayers are the losers, as far as I'm concerned. ;p

I feel my life expectancy increasing just by looking at him. I shall now live up to 120 years of age.

Kokuto:
Honestly, I'm skeptical about the idea that the show is trying to push Jing over XL or reduce XL's awesomeness for censorship. I could be wrong, of course, because I'm not Chinese or live in China. But I still came away from the show being blown away by the character and the actor.

Yeah, but we need to consider that those leaks may be true. Anyway, I still hope that this will all backfire, especially considering the backlash from the novel readers. They are powerful and plenty in China. They won't be happy about those changes and the impact they will have on his character.

I just saw some emojis on the other XL thread.

Test: ?????

Elise:

Not working for me.  But of course, we know my browser is wonky.

Elise:

It's not working for me either :(

nathsketch:

I feel my life expectancy increasing just by looking at him. I shall now live up to 120 years of age.

Yeah, but we need to consider that those leaks may be true. Anyway, I still hope that this will all backfire, especially considering the backlash from the novel readers. They are powerful and plenty in China. They won't be happy about those changes and the impact they will have on his character.

LOL!  Tan Jian Ci.  Good for whatever ails you.

Nope.  I'll happily ignore any ugly rumors and cling to my pretty XL and FFB videos. ;ppp   If there's bad news, it will arrive far too soon.

Kokuto:

LOL!  Tan Jian Ci.  Good for whatever ails you.

Nope.  I'll happily ignore any ugly rumors and cling to my pretty XL and FFB videos. ;ppp   If there's bad news, it will arrive far too soon.

Better than detox hahaha

Oh me too. I refuse to stop having hope.