Kokuto:

On the plus side ... I just discovered these pics tell you the percentage of story that has been told for the character!

So, while CX's Qing Shui Town persona has completely finished his story, there's 90% of CX's story still to be told!  Season 2 should have plenty of CX content.

I love CX! LOVE ZWY - his eyes can tell a story!

Sssnoopyyy:

His acting was pretty solid....my fav. scene is still the one with his death stare! ??? And from the trailer, his ooogly love face looks so good too. ???

Sssnoopyyy:

Yes indeed.  And I like his voice too.  I know some Mandarin speakers (Avenue X) said his accent / lines were too modern, but not being a Mandarin speaker I didn't notice.  I just enjoyed the deep tone, and how expressive it was.

plor20:
His acting was pretty solid....my fav. scene is still the one with his death stare! ??? And from the trailer, his ooogly love face looks so good too. ???

I think he had already built an acting rep doing contemporary 'serious' dramas.  I think he's going to have a long acting career.

Death stare!  Love it!

Kokuto:
Death stare!  Love it!

Lol...the death stare is not an easy emotion to express on the face without looking like you're constipated **ahem...like someone who must not be named** haha.... there's acting and then there's pretending to act...hahaha

plor20:

Lol...the death stare is not an easy emotion to express on the face without looking like you're constipated **ahem...like someone who must not be named** haha.... there's acting and then there's pretending to act...hahaha

Absolutely!

I'm glad that the director / cameraman did a lot of closeups so we can see the amazing eye acting here.

plor20:

Omg do you mean the scene where he had the death stare and summoned a dagger in his hand when TSJ was in XY’s room?! That was iconic. He did tell TSJ that if he breaks XY’s heart that he would take his life hehe.

Kokuto:

Yes indeed.  And I like his voice too.  I know some Mandarin speakers (Avenue X) said his accent / lines were too modern, but not being a Mandarin speaker I didn't notice.  I just enjoyed the deep tone, and how expressive it was.

I think he had already built an acting rep doing contemporary 'serious' dramas.  I think he's going to have a long acting career.

Death stare!  Love it!

I love his voice! I am glad he dubbed himself because he enunciates really well - very clear and easy for viewers to understand. Ahhh I think I saw snippets of him in some serious dramas - no wonder why he has such a good acting range. I can see him doing a variety of genres and films, not limited to idol dramas. For some reason I see him acting in similar roles as Zhang Ruo Yun, lol intelligent and serious ones. But I feel that he might even be a stronger actor. Great future ahead of him

Rereading CX related scenes. Am I crazy to assume in this scene (novel ch 36) that perhaps Ah Heng thought XY would end up with ZX/CX? ? She will never know that CX is actually just like his dad, who want to only live a happy life with one person. However because the promise and choice he made for power to protect XY, he couldn’t.

Ah Heng looked at Jing bowing on the ground behind Xiao Yao with no intention of getting up and understood everything. She felt conflicted and couldn’t speak for some time.

Jing and Xiao Yao nervously remained kneeling until Xiao Yao couldn’t help but call out “Mom?”

Ah Heng appeared to snap out of it and asked “Is he good to you?”

Xiao Yao said “Yes, very good.”

Ah Heng added “No one treats you even better? Why does it have to be him?”

Xiao Yao said “Because only him, no matter what happens, he will never leave me.”

Ah Heng appeared to chuckle before she called “Jing!”

“I’m here.”

“Please take care of Xiao Yao.”

Was that her stamp of approval for him? Jing immediately bowed three times and joyfully replied “I will definitely do that.”

Ah Heng asked “Where is Zhuan Xu? Where is he now?”

Xiao Yao said “Zhuan Xu is now the Emperor of Xuan Yuan and lives on Sheng Nong Mountain.”

Ah Heng asked “Has Zhuan Xu taken a wife?”

Because she already spoke for so long, Xiao Yao was back to being animated again and she laughed “Mom, you’ll never believe this even in your dreams! You should ask how many wives he has rather than if he has a wife.” Xiao Yao sat cross-legged and used her fingers to count for her mom “He has the Sheng Nong clan, and in the Middle Plains he has the Tan family, the Ji family, the Gong family, and in the North he has the Wan Mei family, the Li Jie family, and in the West he has the Heng Sa family, the Xiao Yue family, and ……oh! There are too many that I can’t even remember them all!”

Ah Heng softly sighed, happy to know that Zhuan Xu was safe and well but also dismayed shock “He’s nothing like Fourth brother and Fourth sister-in-law.”

Sad we won’t be getting this exact scene in s2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEEDd6KCpTE&ab_channel=forzhangwanyi

Rewatched this interview - it sounds like the emotional scene ZWY was referring to must be the last scene between XY and CX in the leaked script for S2. Since it was taken in the Phoenix Forest, it must be the scene where he gives her the ruo mu flower pin (I want to rewrite this scene because it did not have the same significant and impact as the novel).  I'm surprised this was the actors' first scene together - must not have been easy getting into character after just meeting one another.

ZWY is so funny especially when he responds on how he would have changed the storyline to be a HE - I APPROVE.

Sssnoopyyy:
Rewatched this interview - it sounds like the emotional scene ZWY was referring to must be the last scene between XY and CX in the leaked script for S2. Since it was taken in the Phoenix Forest, it must be the scene where he gives her the ruo mu flower pin (I want to rewrite this scene because it did not have the same significant and impact as the novel).  I'm surprised this was the actors' first scene together - must not have been easy getting into character after just meeting one another.

I am more inclined to think this is the scene in the dream sequence where she pretends to poison him while she commits suicide, dying in his arms. Dream sequence. That leaves a sour aftertaste in the mouth. Gah.

Sssnoopyyy:
ZWY is so funny especially when he responds on how he would have changed the storyline to be a HE - I APPROVE.

We once talked about the possibilities if only Furball had conveniently "lost its bearings" while bringing Xiao Yao to see Jing after the 37 years under the ocean. Furball, of all the times to have excellent GPS sensors!

liddi:
I am more inclined to think this is the scene in the dream sequence where she pretends to poison him while she commits suicide, dying in his arms. Dream sequence. That leaves a sour aftertaste in the mouth. Gah.

NUUUUUUUUUUU such a cop out drama trope along with all the amnesia tropes, etc. My YaoXuan heart is not having it.

liddi:
We once talked about the possibilities if only Furball had conveniently "lost its bearings" while bringing Xiao Yao to see Jing after the 37 years under the ocean. Furball, of all the times to have excellent GPS sensors!

I love Furball. Hahaha, and we never know what happens to him after XL dies in the novel T___T

You're more than welcome to read  my Maoqiu fanfic...(≧▽≦) hehehe

Praise for ZWY's performance and CX from people that were lucky enough to go to the advanced screening.

https://mydramalist.com/757669-lost-you-forever-season-2#comment-17941525

plor20:

You're more than welcome to read  my Maoqiu fanfic...(≧▽≦) hehehe

It is good!  Yay Chubby!

Sssnoopyyy:
Rereading CX related scenes. Am I crazy to assume in this scene (novel ch 36) that perhaps Ah Heng thought XY would end up with ZX/CX? ? She will never know that CX is actually just like his dad, who want to only live a happy life with one person. However because the promise and choice he made for power to protect XY, he couldn’t.

No.  I totally think Mom expected her to be with CX.  That's why she asked, Why him?  about Jing.  LOL!

Kokuto:

No.  I totally think Mom expected her to be with CX.  That's why she asked, Why him?  about Jing.  LOL!

This breaks my YaoXuan heart even more!

Saw a clip of FengLong asking XY to marry asap and it looks pretty in line with the novel. But my poor CX looked devastated. I don’t know if I’m ready for ZWY’s sad longing eyes - prob will be 100x more sad ?