Sunbath12:

Yes, I am all here for crazy CX - I'll take what we can get. Even if it's a dream/hallucination or whatever, I guess I will take it all lol.

Same for me. I'll take all that they give us. Looking forward to a possessive CX....

Sssnoopyyy:

Yeah sadly, lol I wanna see a crazy CX so it would be nice if we have more drama where he gets all protective and possessive hahaahh

So do I! Protective and possessive CX - and then going a little crazy - since he's been hinting at this all through the drama - bring it on! lol  I love that his character is exploring the theme of what happens when your choices take you away from the one you love the most?  

I can't believe the number of people who aren't watching S2 because they are upset Xiao Liu isn't going to get XY.....the drama is about so much more than them.  They are missing all the payoff from the first season.....plus all the angst every character has in store for us, and all the drama coming. 

It's only Saturday evening, I still have all of Sunday to get through before the next episodes on Monday....

Katelyn Arshi:

Same for me. I'll take whatever they'll dish out for us.  This drama is one of the best out there.

Guys, the weekend will be slow without new episodes. If you like to see CX or YaoXuan content, please do check this out on my ig. I usually do graphical edits for the dramas that I love but I'm too wrapped up in LFY.  I will definitely edit some of my YaoXuan's favorite scenes.

https://www.instagram.com/katelyn_arshi/

I went and found you on IG  ?  I'm books_and_tea11 there. I love all the content you have - great graphics. Bring on YaoXuan! It will help feed my obsession   pass the long hours until Monday arrives ?

Agree full heartedly that this is one of the best dramas for me too. If I could figure out how Weibo works, I'd be stalking  checking  all the actors accounts for updates. At least Twitter is good for some updates gotten from Weibo. 

Blackrabbit63 

I went and found you on IG  ?  I'm books_and_tea11 there. I love all the content you have - great graphics. Bring on YaoXuan! It will help feed my obsession   pass the long hours until Monday arrives ?

Agree full heartedly that this is one of the best dramas for me too. If I could figure out how Weibo works, I'd be stalking  checking  all the actors accounts for updates. At least Twitter is good for some updates gotten from Weibo. 

Hi. I had a feeling that you might be from this discussion group on MDL.  I'm glad to have found more people who shared obsession for LYF.  Twitter is a good source for updates. I can dm you on ig and give you some links to LYF Weibo, ZWY Weibo and Yang Zi Weibo.

I’ve been enjoying the BTS of YaoXuan, love how comfortable YZ and ZWY are with each other - including during the latest press conference!

Blackrabbit63:

So do I! Protective and possessive CX - and then going a little crazy - since he's been hinting at this all through the drama - bring it on! lol  I love that his character is exploring the theme of what happens when your choices take you away from the one you love the most?  

I can't believe the number of people who aren't watching S2 because they are upset Xiao Liu isn't going to get XY.....the drama is about so much more than them.  They are missing all the payoff from the first season.....plus all the angst every character has in store for us, and all the drama coming. 

It's only Saturday evening, I still have all of Sunday to get through before the next episodes on Monday....

Yeah, I know for some having a favorite ship not play out would affect whether they watch or not. But I agree, there’s a lot more to this story, and I find it a rare gem in C drama land where the writing is consistent and faithful to the novel it is adapted from.

Sunbath12:

Yeah, I know for some having a favorite ship not play out would affect whether they watch or not. But I agree, there’s a lot more to this story, and I find it a rare gem in C drama land where the writing is consistent and faithful to the novel it is adapted from.

It has been faithful in terms of the main events at least in S1 and so far in S2, but I am sad of all the changes later on. I’m still extremely salty about how the script has things written out for CX and his relationship with XY, where he basically says the throne is more important than XY (I mean technically it is because the lives of the world are in his hands, but out of character to have that highlighted because she is the reason he chose this path). There are some other little things when I reread some of the leaked script posted in this forum and am not pleased but oh well. Don’t downplay my YaoXuan bond like that! CX may be selfish and toxic later on but he would never abandon XY for anything even if he is chained to the life of an Emperor 

Katelyn Arshi:

Blackrabbit63 

Hi. I had a feeling that you might be from this discussion group on MDL.  I'm glad to have found more people who shared obsession for LYF.  Twitter is a good source for updates. I can dm you on ig and give you some links to LYF Weibo, ZWY Weibo and Yang Zi Weibo.

LOL you are enabling my obsession!  ?? Yes, please, for their links. Ty! 

Sssnoopyyy:
I’m still extremely salty about how the script has things written out for CX and his relationship with XY, where he basically says the throne is more important than XY (I mean technically it is because the lives of the world are in his hands, but out of character to have that highlighted because she is the reason he chose this path). There are some other little things when I reread some of the leaked script posted in this forum and am not pleased but oh well. Don’t downplay my YaoXuan bond like that! CX may be selfish and toxic later on but he would never abandon XY for anything even if he is chained to the life of an Emperor 

I am determined now to read the novel after LYF finishes airing. I can't believe he would ever say the throne is more important than her ? I am both anticipating and dreading the coming episodes, dreading mostly the breaking of that bond....many many tissues are in my future, lol. 

Sunbath12:

I like how the writing is consistent within the drama from beginning to hopefully, the ending ( I am assuming it will be). The internal story logic, which so often fails in other C-dramas by the end, is being kept here, and it makes LYF so satisfying as a drama. I think LYF will be that rare gem for me, where I love everything about it.  I like characters that are intense.  CX/XY forever! lol  And XL, who is another who level of intense, tragic, heroic. I love these damaged characters! 

I am looking forward to reading the novel very much after. 

Sssnoopyyy:

I’ve been enjoying the BTS of YaoXuan, love how comfortable YZ and ZWY are with each other - including during the latest press conference!

I love seeing that too.  For all the intense work they have to do together with their characters, I am really glad to see they like one another and have so much fun BTS. 

Katelyn Arshi:

Blackrabbit63 

LOOOL i literally go to weibo to feed my YaoXuan obsession. Saw some cute memes and clips, also some BTS of scenes like the one where CX rips the flower bracelet off XY’s hand. So toxic but cute hahahaaha. And the actors were having fun saying their lines and when YZ asked if his wife (Xinyue) or mei mei more important (YZ says it should be the wife), he was like obviously mei mei hahaha

Sssnoopyyy:
I’m still extremely salty about how the script has things written out for CX and his relationship with XY, where he basically says the throne is more important than XY (I mean technically it is because the lives of the world are in his hands, but out of character to have that highlighted because she is the reason he chose this path).

I know, will have to reserve my final judgment of S2 until after all the latter parts are aired. S1 was pretty near perfect for me.

Blackrabbit63:

I like how the writing is consistent within the drama from beginning to hopefully, the ending ( I am assuming it will be). The internal story logic, which so often fails in other C-dramas by the end, is being kept here, and it makes LYF so satisfying as a drama. I think LYF will be that rare gem for me, where I love everything about it.  I like characters that are intense.  CX/XY forever! lol  And XL, who is another who level of intense, tragic, heroic. I love these damaged characters! 

I am looking forward to reading the novel very much after. 

It helps that the author was involved in the production, and it shows. I too like these characters, always lots to discuss. XY is not the typical female heroine in period C dramas and neither is CX as male lead.

Omg possessive CX hehehehe. Dunno why weibo has all these juicy spoiler clips! https://weibo.com/1817631731/5055979437165960

Aww XY wants to go home to find Ge Ge :’(

Yessss CX, don’t let anyone take her away from you hhaahah