I loved seeing CX, XY, A Nian and grandpa in the first few episodes

Sssnoopyyy:

IKR they changed quite a bit of story in s2 so might as well! 

Same! Shippers unite! Small but mighty!

Shipper here too!  And after watching the three episodes of season 2 today, I've already had to go into the tissues! At the end of the second episode, CX and XY talking in her room, for those who want to know.....such a deep conversation.  Some excellent moments between them in these three episodes. My CX/XY heart....

Sssnoopyyy:

Sneak peaked 2 eps today and so that leaked script is sadly real (lol the way they quickly addressed the ruo mu flower after he gives it to her at the end of S1). I am still amazed by ZWY’s acting and CX’s inner conflict and emotions that will soon bubble over. Whenever YZ and ZWY are on screen together, I just cannot get enough of them, that beautiful bond! Despite the changes, I will still see it to the end because of his journey. My YaoXuan heart isn’t ready AT ALL, and I am still quite salty at the script (I do admit some of the changes were good to highlight the  YaoXuan and YaoLiu relationships), but waving the flag for them loud and proud on this sinking ship. Who is with me???

also saw someone comment on weibo that from history, they were a couple? Didnt know XY was a real person

Waving the flag with you! Loud and proud! I think we are listing to one side though, and taking on water, after these first three episodes.......

SincerelyBanBan:

thank god i found this, i thought i was the only one that liked their chemistry and their story

Welcome!   There are a few of us, loud and proud here, CX/XY shippers until the very end..... Their chemistry and story lifts this whole drama to another level for me. They are the heart and soul. I'm so glad I'm not the only one too!

Omg the drunk confession scene and CX’s convo with his grandpa broke me! T_________T

ZWY and his amazing ability to execute all those emotions! I love him

I can't tell you how HAPPY I am to have found this discussion topic coz Team Cang Xuan is mighty small on Reddit. ?I feel like I was lost and am just steps from home now that I found you all.? I haven't read the novel and am a fan of Cang Xuan because of Zhang Wanyi's acting prowess. Looking forward to starting Season 2 and keeping company here. ?

fancy:

Ik and I hate it!! Ughhh. I want to see that sequence so so so badly it was so good! The main reason I was initially excited for season 2 too. 

I haven’t read the book. What is this scene that they cut, if you don’t mind me asking. 

Sandy Prater:

I haven’t read the book. What is this scene that they cut, if you don’t mind me asking. 

I went back to reread the context of my comment and here's my response: (major spoiler btw)

During the end of last season, there were rumors that a major plot line from the novel was changed. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. But the plot line was that CX was behind Jing's "death" and the confrontation scene between him and XY. People were saying that the confrontation between him and XY would be a dream sequence created by their grandpa and that CX would not be behind Jing's "death" anymore. I forgot what else because it's been a long time since I posted that comment and tbh I haven't been keeping track of the show anymore as I semi-lost interest waiting for s2. 

fancy:

I went back to reread the context of my comment and here's my response: (major spoiler btw)

During the end of last season, there were rumors that a major plot line from the novel was changed. That doesn't seem to be the case anymore. But the plot line was that CX was behind Jing's "death" and the confrontation scene between him and XY. People were saying that the confrontation between him and XY would be a dream sequence created by their grandpa and that CX would not be behind Jing's "death" anymore. I forgot what else because it's been a long time since I posted that comment and tbh I haven't been keeping track of the show anymore as I semi-lost interest waiting for s2. 

Yep....theata what the leaked script is...but we've yet to see if it true to it. I'm out on EP. 4, and CX obsession is true to the book. 

fancy:

Yeah it is all a dream sequence in the drama. Considering how closely the drama seemed to have followed the leaked script, I am afraid this will happen with major plot line as well. This is the one part I looked forward to most so am not excited about it. BUT still love all the YaoXuan scenes. We get to see more of ZWY’s acting prowess in S2 hehe

I haven’t shipped a heartbreak couple like this since Goodbye My Princess, and I keep thinking of ways for them to have their happy ending. Would XY’s true parentage be relevant? I don’t know what the General’s lineage is, but could her being his daughter satisfy the clans versus her current identity as the Haoling Princess? I didn’t put a spoiler warning since this was mentioned in Season 1. Btw, that makes the Haoling king’s decision to take a consort that looks like his dead wife really sad. To love someone who didn’t even love you.

Sandy Prater:

I haven’t shipped a heartbreak couple like this since Goodbye My Princess, and I keep thinking of ways for them to have their happy ending. Would XY’s true parentage be relevant? I don’t know what the General’s lineage is, but could her being his daughter satisfy the clans versus her current identity as the Haoling Princess? I didn’t put a spoiler warning since this was mentioned in Season 1. Btw, that makes the Haoling king’s decision to take a consort that looks like his dead wife really sad. To love someone who didn’t even love you. 

Just a thought. CX just madly love only one person just like Haoling King. Down the line,  sadly I can see CX doing the same and take a consort who looks like XY. ?

Katelyn Arshi:

Just a thought. CX just madly love only one person just like Haoling King. Down the line,  sadly I can see CX doing the same and take a consort who looks like XY. ?

Oh, I didn't think of that. You might be right.

I am not a CX shipper, CX 's scenes have been some of my favorite this season so far.  ZWY has done an excellent job.

Sssnoopyyy 

2 hours ago

Yeah it is all a dream sequence in the drama. Considering how closely the drama seemed to have followed the leaked script, I am afraid this will happen with major plot line as well. This is the one part I looked forward to most so am not excited about it. BUT still love all the YaoXuan scenes. We get to see more of ZWY’s acting prowess in S2 hehe

We all know that Jing has been secretly supporting XL and his army.  That alone can be the reason for Grandpa Emperor to want to terminate Jing.  So that dream sequence (leaked script) might work out that way with CX not being the person behind Jing's "death". I know we all want the full angst and have the drama follow the novel of that major plotline. I will try to be neutral about it and just enjoy the drama irregardless.

Yes and ZWY's acting prowess is no joke. I'm all about appreciation him for it. ❤️

Katelyn Arshi:

Sadly, CX will have the same fate as his shifu, loving and missing someone who will never reciprocate his love. The sad thing is, he had his chance if he had reached out earlier on :’( It reminds me of the chapter in the novel where he confides in his shifu about how he has many women but the one he wants isn’t there. I wonder if they will include this scene, as it happens after the discussion of having AN marry him. 

I just had a thought today, whether CX would fall in love with anyone if he never reunited with XY after 300 yrs. But my gut tells me it would be hard to because he did not have the capacity to given all the things he was doing - searching for XY (which I don’t think he’d ever stop doing until he found her - dead or alive), just surviving all the assassination attempts from his uncles, pursuing the throne, etc. he has definitely met countless of attractive and talented women over the years including having AN by his side yet was never moved. Aghhhh my YaoXuan heart. Lol I saw a meme on weibo shared by the actor who plays Grandpa and ZWY shared it as well. I think it was a picture of Grandpa behind bars telling CX to confess and do what he wants hahaha - https://weibo.com/2421553757/5054356510738841

Katelyn Arshi:

Sssnoopyyy 

2 hours ago

We all know that Jing has been secretly supporting XL and his army.  That alone can be the reason for Grandpa Emperor to want to terminate Jing.  So that dream sequence (leaked script) might work out that way with CX not being the person behind Jing's "death". I know we all want the full angst and have the drama follow the novel of that major plotline. I will try to be neutral about it and just enjoy the drama irregardless.

Yes and ZWY's acting prowess is no joke. I'm all about appreciation him for it. ?❤️

Been indulging in all his scenes and YaoXuan moments. His jealousy and possessiveness is quite cute and endearing haha (toxic I know hahaha)