Why did Tushan Jing hire XL to stop XY from marrying FL?
According to the original novel and the drama, I think we need to understand Tushan Jing's choice from several aspects.
1.  Because he realized that XY didn't really want FL. If marrying FL was what she wanted, he would sincerely bless her, even if he himself would be sad and heartbroken.  But all signs show that she didn't really want to get married. Therefore, he wanted to help her solve this problem so that she wouldn't regret it in the future.
2.   Why didn't he stop it? First, he was already married on the surface (although we all know that he was framed). Second, he thought he had lost the qualifications to fight for or to be together with XY.
3.   Why did he hire XL to do it? 

a. In fact, Tushan Jing didn't fully know the relationship between XL and XY. But he knew that XY used to go out with XL, thinking that she likes his company. 

b. During the Qingshui Town period, XY had promised XL that she would do something as he asked, and Tushan Jing knew about it. XL had bargaining chips and could persuade XY. 

c. Whether it was FFB or XL, they were all outside the power scope of FL and CX. He had many means to achieve the goal of preventing CY from getting married. But one point that needs to be emphasized here is that Tushan Jing always puts XY's benefits first. That's why he told XL to solve it before the wedding. However, he did not expect FFB to take the bride away on the wedding day, which left XY no way out and hurt her reputation. (Although XL himself does not want XY to marry FL, he takes this approach for his own benefit: he needs to split the alliance between CX and FL, which is good for Chenrong's army.  )

Tushan Jing has always been a person who respects women and their reputation. Just as he discussed the engagement cancellation with FFYY, he knew that the world treats women harshly, so he tried every means to cancel the engagement decently and minimize the damage to FFYY's reputation. However, he did not expect that FFYY loves her own brother deeply and would marry him anyway to realize their plan. 

July 10th: Live Session Replay: Video chat between Tushan Jing & Lirong Chang

https://video.weibo.com/show?fid=1034:5054649674432552

Note: This was a very hastily arranged live broadcast by the production team. Deng Wei had to find a place at the shooting site (I guess he was preparing for the Tencent or Dior events tomorrow) and did it without a mobile phone stand.  During the live broadcast, he said that he couldn't adjust the camera. Because his mobile phone was tied to a stick and he couldn't move it. hahaha...

Finally! I see smiles on your face again! I have been waiting for so long.

Happy for you, Tushan Jing. It looks like you're alive again, just like a little fox with full energy. Be overwhelmed with happiness, please. ┭┮﹏┭┮

@Fiona_YOLO

Tushan Jing has always been a person who respects women and their reputation. Just as he discussed the engagement cancellation with FFYY, he knew that the world treats women harshly, so he tried every means to cancel the engagement decently and minimize the damage to FFYY's reputation. However, he did not expect that FFYY loves her own brother deeply and would marry him anyway to realize their plan.

Yes definetly....I like how the drama show exactly of that conversation. 

The only reason why he was taking time in breaking off his engagement was because of his wanting to minimize the harm to everyone around him.

I think he knew that XY could not be happy with Feng Long..because Feng Long priority might not be XY...we could all see Feng Long did not actually love XY.

So it's his way to set her free. 

Winny24:

@Fiona_YOLO

Yes definetly....I like how the drama show exactly of that conversation. 

The only reason why he was taking time in breaking off his engagement was because of his wanting to minimize the harm to everyone around him.

I think he knew that XY could not be happy with Feng Long..because Feng Long priority might not be XY...we could all see Feng Long did not actually love XY.

So it's his way to set her free. 

Indeed. You really see it through!

Tushan Jing was actually trying to do good for everyone! If he was a little more selfish, the marriage could be cancelled quickly.

When it comes to FL's priority, XY is not even in the top 3. His ambitions and clan honor, his family (his sister), his friends (especially Jing) are all ranked before XY. He grew up with Jing and regards Jing as his little brother. He even said this before: “Ten XYs are not worthy of one Jing.” That's also a reason why FL asked for Jing's approval before he started dating with XY. FL actually cares more about Jing. However, because his clan interests and personal ambitions come first, he needs to achieve them through the marriage with XY. Therefore, although he actually knows that Jing may be unhappy, he still wants to do it. And in his mind, a woman is not that important. He thought Jing had the same idea as him and would soon forget about XY and move on.

Fan arts of Tushan Jing/Ye Shiqi

WOOOW the fanarts are soooo beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!! 

soTreeD:

WOOOW the fanarts are soooo beautiful!!! Thanks for sharing!! 

My pleasure! I love them too. It makes me more than happy to collect everything about him.

Tushan Jing/Ye Shiqi and Deng Wei's encounter transcending the constraints of time and space. It's written.

(Photo editing)

Hi, thanks for sharing fan art, photos, and news of TSJ/YSQ. I enjoyed looking through them!

Fiona_YOLO:

Tushan Jing/Ye Shiqi and Deng Wei's encounter transcending the constraints of time and space. It's written.

(Photo editing)

One of my fav ever ♥

7/11/2024,Tecent Open Day activity for LYF Season 2

There are too many videos and photos. I will just drop a collection made by a fan: https://weibo.com/1735927007/On4b0oZI7

I like the following video most: 

https://weibo.com/5796381354/On6I5wimi

When the host asked him to sing the song, Deng Wei said: Well, you know, Ye Shiqi‘s throat is injured, so he doesn't know how to sing.  How about we sing this song together (begging you, please help me)?

LOL... He is soooo cute

7/17  Deng Wei was interviewed by the "Fox Factory Big Torture” program

https://weibo.com/6525010965/OnWHn31Ps

Deng Wei talked about the moment when LYF became popular. Deng Wei said that he was often asked about the plot of  LYF by friends and family. He even noticed that the clerks were watching the drama when he went shopping~ He feels really happy that there are so many people who empathize with Tushan Jing...