AH :

In the other thread on user speculated that it might be a censorship issue. As in, they wouldn't let CX live as the Black Emperor who rules the world if he was complicit in the murder of the female lead's main love interest

But there have been dramas where by an emperor was involved in the murder of the FL’s love interest??‍♀️. They should get over it. Either the stick to the plot or catch these hands ???.

Even Wei Wuxian in the Untamed received a good arc and ending ....this is no sense!

Symbolika1:

Even Wei Wuxian in the Untamed received a good arc and ending ....this is no sense!

Romans_Revenge:
Either the stick to the plot or catch these hands ???.

I am still holding hope that leaked script is just to troll us...

I'm scratching my head as to why they made Xing Yue instead of Cang Xuan kill Jing too. Aside from censorship issues, what else could it be??? It doesn't make much sense to me.

Symbolika1:

Exactly! And s2 has been anticipated for long,so them changing all these important parts will be very disappointing. So I’m going to act like I didn’t see these “leaks” & wait for the drama to air.

Romans_Revenge:

Exactly! And s2 has been anticipated for long,so them changing all these important parts will be very disappointing. So I’m going to act like I didn’t see these “leaks” & wait for the drama to air.

:D Well it's even crazyer that people are already massivly complaining about endings made (LBFD, TTEOM, MJTY....), and I'm not on weibo super tchat to see those ongoing reactions..So are they just going to flop down too? 

Elise:

I'm scratching my head as to why they made Xing Yue instead of Cang Xuan kill Jing too. Aside from censorship issues, what else could it be??? It doesn't make much sense to me!

Girl me 2?, besides it’s not like CX stabbed Jing,he gave Hou powerful soldiers & support. So I don’t see why they can’t make it happen when the s2 trailer shows XY ready to stab CX over Jing & even told him under their favorite tree that,he killed Jing,so she’ll kill him too.

Elise:
I'm scratching my head as to why they made Xing Yue instead of Cang Xuan kill Jing too

They are really going to get audience mad and crazy. 

I just love how we're all united in our collective hatred of those changes. At least something good came out of it. Maybe they're just trying to make us finally agree on something ??

nathsketch:
just love how we're all united in our collective hatred of those changes. At least something good came out of it. Maybe they're just trying to make us finally agree on something ??

Well Nath I'm really angry at the moment. And those 21 ep  out of 35 don't go to the right direction either...Even if I have a preference (slightly :p), I care for the 3 of them because of how good they are told , how good they are carried visually too, and this mess is just going to a meh party (likewise many expected cdrama / saw pesting in reddit forum).

Unfortunately I'm not taking any of these leaks seriously, I don't think tong hua would allowed such huge changes? I'll believe  it when I see it. Therefore I'm not going to fret over it. 

TinaL:

Unfortunately I'm not taking any of these leaks seriously, I don't think tong hua would allowed such huge changes? I'll believe  it when I see it. Therefore I'm not going to fret over it. 

Same here, cos I don’t even think the author will give consent to such important changes, so I’m not believing these leaks??‍♀️.

Symbolika1:

Well Nath I'm really angry at the moment. And those 21 ep  out of 35 don't go to the right direction either...Even if I have a preference (slightly :p), I care for the 3 of them because of how good they are told , how good they are carried visually too, and this mess is just going to a meh party (likewise many expected cdrama / saw pesting in reddit forum).

Yeah, it seems like a trend these days...these butcherings of the plot, especially the endings. 

I mean, for me, it's sort of all the same because I'll probably not be watching it anyway, and the ending isn't really my favorite thing in the universe as you all well know, so whatever. But sure, it looks like they'll be going out of their way to just piss off the audience.

The reduction in episodes is already alarming. There'll be plenty of scenes that will not survive the chopping block. So the remaining 21 episodes will have a lot of ground to cover, and apparently not as well as we'd all like it to be.

Anyway, I'm so depressed already that whatever happens will probably not end up being as bad as I'm expecting. How much worse can it get, amirite? 

It's a shame, though, this story deserves better. Hoping these are all fake.

So in the end CX looses nothing at all?  I feel disappointed.  I really liked his arc in the book. Ooh well. It sounded too good to be true that they would follow the book. Too good. 

AH :

Agreed. Apparently they moved some parts into a dream sequence that CX has and Xing Yue is made to be the person who colluded with TSH. Even though I truly can't see any reason for her to do so. Her wanting to kill XY made sense. Her wanting to kill TSJ makes no sense to me. 

If they proceed down this path, most viewers, including myself, will be giving this drama a lower rating since using a dream sequence as a plot technique is poor writing and tends to undervalue the intelligence of the audience.