We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Elise:
Same FFB. Same.

This moment when Xiang Liu is about to take over is so sexy, then the little FFB smile at the end, my looooord. Love me some split personality hahahahah

kitty_momo:
Exactly, XL would never say something like that. He cares only about XY being happy. Though I wish he would give her an option to choose what makes her happy by giving her all the facts, instead of deciding for her.

This is one of the few things I dislike about XL.

kitty_momo:
To be honest, at this point I'm not even sure if I ship XL and XY... I think I ship XL and Wen Xiaoliu. I feel like the person XL loves is Wen Xiaoliu, not XY.

I think XL loves both Wen Xiaoliu and XY, but more so Xiaoliu since that was before he knew about her background. Controversial opinion but I really think XL would've pursed a relationship with XY if Cang Xuan never forced her to go back to meet her father. No returning to her real identity meant no obstacles to hold back their relationship. Plus I read that casting description of him on Twitter...

kitty_momo:
To me, XY just becomes worse and worse after turning back into a woman, living entirely for her cousin and having no agency whatsoever, just passively drifting around and entirely dependent on men.

Yeah, I liked her more as Xiaoliu too. Even YZ said the same thing, that she was dependent on no one and was more carefree as Xiaoliu.

kitty_momo:
I feel like being with Jing also seems to drain her energy/vibe, and I don't like what XY is like when she is with Jing. She doesn't seem like herself at all, she turns into a generic sweet and silly FL.

Agreed. She has more fun and is her true self with XL. She has deeper conversations with him too.

kitty_momo:
As the character is written now, maybe it's for the best that XY is with Jing, lol.

From reading the leaked season 2 script, Xiang Liu deserves someone much better than XY..... All that sacrifice and for what? XY doesn't even seem to care about him like she does in the novel >.>

nathsketch:
We already have so many of those silly FLs. All that is missing is the annoying voice and bingo. Yes, not only that but Jing also drains the viewer's energy. I can confirm it. I snooze every time he shows up on my screen.

Harsh but true lol

nathsketch:
And she had a purpose. Being a doctor? A woman? Granted, she was not entirely a woman at the time. But even so, at that time period, that was a victory for all women.

I loved her cottagecore vibes when she was Wen Xiaoliu. Living as a doctor in that wooden hut taking care of two orphans <3

nathsketch:
Maybe. To be honest, everything would have been perfect if they just kept Xiang Liu alive somehow. I couldn't care less for any of the other characters. I pretend I do, but I don't even know most of their names LMAO

At this point I'm just watching this for Xiang Liu. I was looking forward to Cang Xuan's red flag era but they toned that down.

Elise:

Harsh but true lol

I loved her cottagecore vibes when she was Wen Xiaoliu. Living as a doctor in that wooden hut taking care of two orphans <3

At this point I'm just watching this for Xiang Liu. I was looking forward to Cang Xuan's red flag era but they toned that down.

Hahahahahahahah there’s no point in playing nice anymore. I’m entering my Dracarys era. I wanna burn things to the ground and take no prisoners. They’re gonna kill my man, so it’s all-out war.

The cottagecore vibe was wholesome and the true meaning of Ikigai.

He’s all that matters, in my very biased opinion. Can’t Xuan would also be a good incentive, he’s my second favorite, but they won’t let him descend into complete madness, so, no thanks. Enough with this puppy men era. Actually, puppies have more personality than these lads. Look at Kokuto’s dogs. Champloo should be a ML in a drama one day.

Can’t Xuan lol

It wasn’t intentional but I’m leaving it that way 😹😭

Elise:

Deng Wei wanted the kiss scene removed from a weibo post? LOL 😂

No, no.  He made a joke post on weibo asking Tencent how much it would cost to remove the XL underwater kiss from the show, when that episode aired.

nathsketch:

NOT XIANG LIU AGAIN, HUMAN!

OMG. It's like Champloo and Taro are merged into one dog!  And yes, that's definitely the face.

Kokuto:

No, no.  He made a joke post on weibo asking Tencent how much it would cost to remove the XL underwater kiss from the show, when that episode aired.

I figured as much xD. If the director and DW see the underwater kiss as a real kiss, then it is. Though, the anti-YaoLius won't see it that way. 

nathsketch:
This moment when Xiang Liu is about to take over is so sexy, then the little FFB smile at the end, my looooord. Love me some split personality hahahahah

lol it's so good 😘👌

Chapter 16:

"Fang Feng Bei stared at her and that inexplicable familiar sensation rose up again and Xiao Yao’s body tensed. She felt like at any moment Fang Feng Bei would suddenly fly forward and bite down on her neck.

Suddenly Fang Feng Bei laughed and said with a casual “Sure!” "

nathsketch:

Elise:
lol it's so good 😘👌

I watched these frames like a gazillion times.  [Actual number count]  I LOVED seeing how with the tiniest of facial moments, and the expression in his eyes, you could see Xiang Liu (and Yang Zi helped sell it with her expression and stepping back), emerge, and then Fang Feng Bei re-assert himself.  It was breath taking.

Elise:

I figured as much xD. If the director and DW see the underwater kiss as a real kiss, then it is. Though, the anti-YaoLius won't see it that way. 

LOL!

Antis.  Snort.  Invalid.

kitty_momo:

" I feel like being with Jing also seems to drain her energy/vibe, and I don't like what XY is like when she is with Jing. She doesn't seem like herself at all, she turns into a generic sweet and silly FL." 

Wow my thoughts exactly.  To be fair I think she had a bit of an identity crisis, I think în a way she was torn between being herself (the way she was around xl/ffbei)  and being how she herself and others expected her to be ever since  her identity was revelead. I still remember that conversation she had with none other than Jing, regarding TianEr and Chuan Zi, about placing a bet and faking it untill it becomes real. I belive she did grow to love Jing, but her love for XL came naturally,  as I said before, I feel like she loved XL despite him being CX's enemy, despite him pushing her away, despite them not having a future togheter, hence despite anything, she didn't even know exactly how XL feels about her,  he never promised her anything.

"Xiao Liu leaned on his crutches and watched them from a distance with Shi Qi beside him. Xiao Liu started nattering “This is actually an interesting gamble. Tian Er doesn’t believe Chuan Zi will want to be with her forever so right now she’s giving him all fake affection. But the more Tian Er is nice to him, the more Chuan Zi is nicer to her. The fake affection will gradually be mixed with real feeling, and as a lifetime passes even the false becomes true. But during this process it’s not without risk."

This discussion she had with Jing I think it was also about her and Jing. Hence, I dare to say she had fallen first for XL, not Jing nor FFbei, FFbei persoana just allowed her to, maybe, dare for a bit of hope. 

Also I wanted to add that looking back, I belive the moon (either full, either crescent) is some sort of leitmotif (I am not sure if this word exist în english). I wasn't really paying much attention to the moon theme while I was reading, but now I think it is a reflection on her/their feelings, like the full moon she saw with XL (2 hearts beating the same), the lack of moon from chapter 46, the full moon night Jing picked for them to get married, the crescent lonely moon she saw the night she found out about XL's death etc etc.  I think the first time the full moon apperead she was with XL? I am not sure, but I think so. 

Im thinking about the leaked script (and how it significantly downplayed xiang liu’s role) and the character interviews… both tan jianci and yang zi said in their interviews that it took a while for them to get out of character (forget the speaking word choice) but if the changes in the leaked script are true, then it becomes like a typical drama that doesnt need so much hanging on to. Also i remember an interview with yang zi saying that in one of the final shots, she just kept on crying… i know shots arent filmed in order but im assuming thats the part where she learned of xiang liu’s fate as thats the only part in the novel where i remember she cried her heart out. 

There was also a  monologue of xiang liu that was shared which i cant remember what is, but from memory its quite close to the epilogue of the book. 

So thats basically me hanging on to hope that they didnt butcher season2. 

🙏  

Kokuto:

LOL!

Antis.  Snort.  Invalid.

Imagine being an anti YaoLiu.

What has the world come to?