windiaaa041293:

I found this comment, I don't pay attention to the details of the TV series...is that right?

{ It was staged on TV. Xiang Liu lost his spiritual power before feeding Xiaoyao blood. if you don’t watch the TV series carefully, you will really miss a lot. When Xiaoyao was sleeping at the bottom of the sea, the sad spiritual power she felt at the beginning was injected into her body. Today, she discovered that it was really Xiang Liu’s. I was reading the novel at that time. Still wondering if it’s Jing or Xiang Liu. }

i included this part of  the drama in my analysis of the desolate, endless flow of spiritual power . i don’t know if i made a copy of that one in your folder. maybe not.

I see the whole crystal ball a bit different. For one, in TH's words, all of XY's poisons were meant to be  "one of her longing, one of her missing, one of her feelings" . That ball was made way before her marriage to FL and we can't know for sure if she made it with the intention to ever have it send to XL or not, but one thing  we can conclude for sure is that the globe is a depiction on her view on what she thought her dynamics with XL was. She did aknowledge her feelings for him, she was aware of them, but at the same time we can also notice that she was unsure of what XL feels for her,  since she made the merman looking away from her pleading hands. That's made quite clear from the discussion she had with FL too, the one with the feelings has no ability, the one with the ability has no feelings. She was pleading, begging and summoning, while XL kept looking away. That's how her view was, that is what she thought of him and that is what XL wanted her to think and all this goes back way before the FL wedding, since she made that globe when her marriage with FL wasn't actually a certainty. She wasn't pleading and begging for XL to save her from that marriage, she was pleading and begging for XL to look her way, that's what her view on XL's feelings for her was years before even setting a wedding date with FL. She never knew XL loved her, on the contrary, she thought he is just using her, she never learned that she did, în fact, manage to poison him. 

Afterwards, when she did decide to sent him the ball, it was mostly an ultimatum and XL knew that. She told him before that after she gets married, she won't be sending him any more poisons, so she did try to force his hand before to no avail. It wasn't just a confession, because I belive that at that point în time she already knew that XL already knows what she feels once she started to know more about how the bugs act. 

Even going back to the 37 years underwater, since that is what the globe depicts, it was, again, XL who took the decision for both of them, when he decided to be away when she wakes up. Even his half-statement/half-question "I hope you won't hate me when you wake up" makes me belive that he was aware that XY wanted him and hoped for him to be there or at least aknowledge his feelings for her, yet he decided to abandon her and make her belive that it was all a transaction and the help he gave her was only because he wanted that mountain from CX. 

When the yellow emperor saw the crystal ball, he told her it is pointless and XY's answer was something along the lines of "this is the last time", meaning her last attempt of trying to poison him. If that was the last time, then în her view she did try before, she did hope before. I'd go as far as saying that that's what she meant by "I am going to poison you, XL". She was the one who waited for his confession, since she, unlike XL, wasn't able to feel his emotions through the bugs, but at the end of the day the one who got poisoned was Jing. XL was too, but that is something that only us, the readers, know, since he never aknowledged his feelings to her. After the wedding robbery, it wasn't XL who gave up on her once and for all, because IMO he never meant to be more than a short-term companion to her, but it was XY who finally understood that XL will never take any step towards her, and thus she was the one who eventually gave up on him too. 

At the end of the day, I belive she only needed a confession from him, not even a commitment, a confession and everything would have been game over with Jing.  Even în chapter 37, when she was already engaged with Jing, that whole discussion she had with XL on the boat, after she learned more about the bugs, it was still an attempt from her to get a confession from XL, but as usual, it was met with a rejection. Even so, when she found out that XL always knew what type of bugs these were, she was ready to jump after him in the ocean, not even considering that Jing was waiting for her inside. XL expected such a reaction from her, that is why he made Jing listen to their conversation and stop her from chasing him underwater. Even Jing felt that if not for XL that purposely allowed him to listen and thus stop her, she would have jumped and vanish from his life forever. 

Also, I am not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but 

"I remembered that you promised to do one thing for Xiang Liu as the price for breaking the voodoo bug in Zhuan Xu. Since Zhuan Xu became Emperor, the provisions have been scarce in the army base so I discussed a deal with Xiang Liu to buy the promise you made to him. I asked him to beg you to cancel the wedding. "

From my understanding, Jing made a deal with XL to buy XY's promise and to go and beg her to cancel the wedding. So Jing's bet wasn't actually on the promise XY made to XL when she transferred the bug, but on XL's power to convince her to put a stop on it.  Jing, IMO,  knew very well what type of power XL had over XY, he knew ever since QS Town days that XY's weakness is XL. 

blabla100:
From my understanding, Jing made a deal with XL to buy XY's promise and to go and beg her to cancel the wedding. So Jing's bet wasn't actually on the promise XY made to XL when she transferred the bug, but on XL's power to convince her to put a stop on it. Jing, IMO, knew very well what type of power XL had over XY, he knew ever since QS Town days that XY's weakness is XL.

Hmm. I took this to mean that Jing bought the promise from XL so the promise is now Jing's to use and how Jing wants to use it is for XL to use this promise to get XY to cancel the wedding.  That is a long, convoluted sentence that I hoped makes sense :-).

Although, I agree that Jing is well aware of XY's susceptibility to XL. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be stalking her and hanging around like a bad smell whenever she's around XL/FFB. Sad, insecure fox :-).

I will respond to your other post once I have a chance to collect my thoughts into something coherent :-).

@HeadInTheClouds

"Hmm. I took this to mean that Jing bought the promise from XL so the promise is now Jing's to use and how Jing wants to use it is for XL to use this promise to get XY to cancel the wedding" 

I take it a bit differently, Jing bought the promise from XL and now,  since Jing has the promise, he wants to take use of it by asking XL to beg XY to cancel the wedding.  He was probably quite confident that by having XL begging her to put a stop to it, she will. Of course XL didn't want her to start having any illusions about him, so he chose the brutal way to have her cancel the wedding, but as I said before, she didn't run away from the wedding just because she didn't love FL, but also because "liking someone is something that can't stop you". The promise was just an excuse, she herself said that her life is going to be destroyed regardless if she is going to keep her promise or not, she ran away because XL asked her to, maybe because she still had a little bit of hope that he got her letter late. 

"Jiejie, did you run away from your wedding because you don’t like the Chi Sui clan leader?”

" Xiao Yao thought “Yeah, I guess so!” Even though running away was forced by Xiang Liu, but the truth was that she didn’t love Feng Long."

" You know that liking someone is something that can’t stop you, and not liking someone gives you any reason to end it.”

liddi:

A very belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who celebrate! Real life still keeping me busy, but just quickly dropping by as I count down (impatiently) to S2, which rumours have it to either be airing in Feb or May (Feb please!)

Yay! My daughter thanks you for your generosity!

Oooh... so nice to find myself a billionaire, even if it's bonus points!. In which case, definitely using all those points I've accumulated to save Xiang Liu in every way that counts in S2! 

Will be back later (hopefully sooner than later) but just to say hi in the new year. Take care and catch up again some time!

Waves at liddi!

Hope you had good holidays with family and friends.  Drop by whenever you have the time.  We'll probably still be here. :)

Yes!  We are all hoping for February for Season 2.

HeadInTheClouds:
Hmm. I took this to mean that Jing bought the promise from XL so the promise is now Jing's to use and how Jing wants to use it is for XL to use this promise to get XY to cancel the wedding.  That is a long, convoluted sentence that I hoped makes sense :-).

Below is the text in the 2019 version about Jing's deal with XL about wedding robbery

小夭心内仅剩的气一下子消失了,呆呆地看着白玉茶碗中小小的黄色木樨花,半晌后,她心平气和地说:“相柳说,你给了他很多钱,雇他去阻止我嫁给丰隆。”

“是我做的,不过我没想到相柳会行事那么极端。”

“你为什么要这么做?”

“那日,你在青丘街头告诉我你要成婚了,可你的眼睛里没有一丝喜悦,我不明白,没有人逼迫你,你为什么要逼自己嫁给丰隆。我……我没有办法让你这样嫁给丰隆。我求丰隆取消婚礼,丰隆拒绝了我。我想去找你,可我很清楚只会火上浇油,正百般无奈时,恰好碰到防风邶。我想起,你说过你承诺为相柳做一件事,作为解蛊的代价。玱玹登基后,洪江的军队粮草紧缺,于是我和相柳谈了一笔买卖,买下了你许给他的那个承诺,让他去要求你取消婚礼,但我真的没有想到他会在婚礼上要你兑现诺言,是我大意了。小夭,对不起!”

小夭淡淡说:“没什么对不起,大家都是公平交易。我和相柳是公平交易,你和他也是公平交易。不过,我希望你以后不要再插手我的事。我高兴不高兴,和你无关!”

The remaining anger in Xiaoyao's heart suddenly disappeared, and she stared blankly at the small yellow sweet-scented osmanthus flowers in the white jade tea bowl. After a while, she said calmly: "Xiang Liu said that you gave him a lot of money to hire him. Stop me from marrying Fenglong.”

"I did it, but I didn't expect Xiang Liu to act in such an extreme way."

"Why are you doing this?"

"That day, you told me on the streets of Qingqiu that you were getting married, but there was no joy in your eyes. I don't understand why you forced yourself to marry Fenglong when no one forced you. I...I can't let you marry Fenglong like this. I begged Fenglong to cancel the wedding, but Fenglong refused me. I wanted to go to you, but I knew it would only add fuel to the fire. When I was helpless, I happened to meet Fangfengbei. I remembered that you said that you promised to do something for Xiang Liu as the price of getting rid of the poison. After Cang Xuan came to the throne, the army in Hongjiang was in short supply of provisions, so I negotiated a deal with Xiang Liu and bought it, which you promised to him. I asked him to ask you to cancel the weddingbut I really didn’t expect that he would ask you to fulfill your promise at the wedding. I was careless. Xiaoyao, I’m sorry!”

Xiaoyao said calmly: "I'm not sorry. It's a fair deal for everyone. It's a fair deal between me and Xiang Liu, and it's a fair deal between you and him. However, I hope you won't interfere with my affairs in the future. Whether I'm happy or not depends on you. It’s irrelevant!”

My view is: Since Jing only paid with one price - 37 years of provisions in exchange of the promise. This means he bought the owner right of that promise from XL; XL would deploy that promise with Jing's intention. So, Jing wanted XL use the promise to cancel the wedding (XL did it on behave of Jing). I think my interpretation is similar to @HeadInTheCloulds. Jing's deal is a stone killing 2 birds: XY cancelled the wedding and XY had no promise debt to XL anymore. 

blabla100:
I take it a bit differently, Jing bought the promise from XL and now,  since Jing has the promise, he wants to take use of it by asking XL to beg XY to cancel the wedding.

If I understood correctly, you means Jing bought a promise from XL which he paid by 37 years of provisions. However, it doesn't match the the underlined purple text of the except above. Moreover, in this case, XL just had to ask XY to cancel the wedding, just simple request  [I think It would have been enough make XY run after him, since XY didn't like/love FL and  liking someone is something that can’t stop you ]. So XY might have still owned him that promise. In thise case, Jing's certainty of marriage cancellation is much lower, solely replying on the consumption that XL had a lot of influence on XY. And in future, if XL still had had the promise, it could be unsuitable for Jing's wish. 

Therefore, from business point of view, the upper negotiation is much more favour for Jing. We all know he was very good at business. 

From chapter 48

"to remove the bug from Zhuan Xu, he struck a deal with Xiao Yao and took her to Five Gods Mountain where he successfully planted the bug in himself."

This again makes be belive that the reason why XL agreed to take the bug in was mostly because he wanted to have the bug out of CX and not because he wanted to have his life tied up to XY.  Yes, he did loved her since, but he already made his choice of going down with the army long before he met her, so I don't belive that he would have accepted the bug if not for the bug being already planted into CX. That was his reasoning, that was what prompted him to struck the deal with XY IMO. 

"Sir Bi stared forlornly at Xiang Liu before saying “I will ask the Royal Mother to help lie that she removed the bug. Don’t worry, what happened here tonight, only you and I know outside of the Heavens. I will never ever let Xiao Yao know the truth! I will not ruin all that you’ve done for her and carefully arranged.”

I am curious how you guys interpret this. I have my own theory, but I am curious if you guys read this differently. What did Sir Bi mean when he said that he is not going to ruin all that XL did for her by telling her that he was XL that removed the bug and not the royal mother? She just killed herself, what exactly did SirBi have în mind when he said that he is not going to ruin all that XL did for her. Speaking of which... 

"Sir Bi suddenly remembered a very ancient ballad, and he glanced at Xiao Yao in the raft before looking up at Xiang Liu with tears in his eyes.

Sir Bi started to sing in the most melodic sorrowful voice.

Oh hey oh HEY. Please cut my eyes OUT. So my blood splashes on your ROBE. Like the blossoms of PEACHES. Just so I am in your EYES. Oh hey oh HEY. Please take my heart out. So my blood spills on the plains. Like the peach blossom on the Mountains. Just so I am in your heart"

Was the tears SirBi had in his eyes and the ballad he sang meant for XY or for XL?  

@H19279

Yeah, you guys are right. I misunderstood, re-reading your posts I got it now, lol. 

blabla100:
"Sir Bi suddenly remembered a very ancient ballad, and he glanced at Xiao Yao in the raft before looking up at Xiang Liu with tears in his eyes.

Oh hey oh HEY. Please cut my eyes OUT. So my blood splashes on your ROBE. Like the blossoms of PEACHES. Just so I am in your EYES. Oh hey oh HEY. Please take my heart out. So my blood spills on the plains. Like the peach blossom on the Mountains. Just so I am in your heart"

Was the tears SirBi had in his eyes and the ballad he sang for XY or for XL?

This is the song Chi Chen sang, so I would say it is for XL -- who is awake to listen to it.

blabla100:
I am curious how you guys interpret this. I have my own theory, but I am curious if you guys read this differently. What did Sir Bi mean when he said that he is not going to ruin all that XL did for her by telling her that he was XL that removed the bug and not the royal mother? She just killed herself, what exactly did SirBi have în mind when he said that he is not going to ruin all that XL did for her. Speaking of which...

He's not going to ruin all the effort XL put into making sure XY doesn't mourn him when he dies.  He doesn't want XY to repeat her mother's or CX's mother's actions.  He wants her to live a happy life after he's gone.

blabla100:
"to remove the bug from Zhuan Xu, he struck a deal with Xiao Yao and took her to Five Gods Mountain where he successfully planted the bug in himself."

This again makes be belive that the reason why XL agreed to take the bug in was mostly because he wanted to have the bug out of CX and not because he wanted to have his life tied up to XY. Yes, he did loved her since, but he already made his choice of going down with the army long before he met her, so I don't belive that he would have accepted the bug if not for the bug being already planted into CX. That was his reasoning, that was what prompted him to struck the deal with XY IMO.

Honestly, I don't agree with this interpretation at all.  He understands his life will be tied to XY and that is what he wishes for -- or he would not have done it.  At that time, he understood, if he died, she would die.  He knew that the bug was raised for him specifically.  He was furious with XY when he discovered her identity, not because she had lied to him (cause he knew she was lying about her identity already and that she lied about lots of things), but because she had essentially destroyed their future together.

There's no evidence that he had already planned to die with the resistance army at the point he accepted the bug.  In fact, quite the opposite.  He said in the moonlight scene that as long as there were scenes like this, it was worth living.  Later on, he talks about how hope for the future kept him alive.  He advocates for hope other times.

@kokuto

My interpretation is quite the opposite, I honestly fail to see anything that points to the fact that XL ever visualised a future with XY. He always knew he  can't be more than a short term companion to her and he even told her this when he was FFB. 

When he took the bug in, he knew that XY is determined to get the bug out of CX no matter what, he knew that XY, by transferring the bug to the wrong person, she most probably going to end up dead sooner than later. He knew that between him, CX and transffering the bug to a random person, he stood the most chances to protect her longest and thus he was the best bet giving the available options to find a solution to get rid of the bugs. 

Yes, XL loved life and thought the word is beautiful and worth living, while XY thought that no matter how beautiful the world is, life still gets lonely when she has no one to share it with. That's one of the reason why FFB came into play, to show her the beauty of the world, to teach her that life îs worth living no matter what. Did he success? I think so, when she lost Jing, when she saw all of her plans and hopes dying alongside with Jing's death, she found the strenght to keep on living. 

In your opinion, why do you think XY wished she could have been born a few hundred years earlier so she can be the one to save and free XL? XL was tied up to the army, he was a man of honor and XY knew since she met him first that that's the path he chose to take. She did try to bring him and keep him în her world, but she always knew his priority is the army, not her. 

blabla100:
My interpretation is quite the opposite, I honestly fail to see anything that points to the fact that XL ever visualised a future with XY. He always knew he can't be more than a short term companion to her and he even told her this when he was FFB.

When he was FFB the situation was changed, because she had revealed who she was and she had rejected him.  When he accepted the bug, she hadn't revealed her identity or rejected him.  Quite the opposite.  She showed she cared for him and was working WITH him to help him and the army.  There is also no indication that he knew he could get rid of the bug at this time.  Quite the opposite, he was told he couldn't turn back from this decision.  He only had one heart, and if the bugs turned into Heartbreak Bugs they would both die.

And why would he be so mad when he found out her identity, if hadn't had plans for a future with her?

blabla100:
When he took the bug in, he knew that XY is determined to get the bug out of CX no matter what, he knew that XY, by transferring the bug to the wrong person, she most probably going to end up dead sooner than later. He knew that between him, CX and transffering the bug to a random person, he stood the most chances to protect her longest and thus he was the best bet giving the available options to find a solution to get rid of the bugs.

The only requirement for transfer was that the couple share love.  He could have easily told her to transfer it to Jing, who at that point to his knowledge, was an heir to a powerful clan, who could easily protect her.  She asked what the requirements were, but he refused to tell her, it required love -- because he WANTED to share the Love Bug with her.  It wasn't so much about protection, and it definitely wasn't to give her to time to find a way to get rid of the bugs -- cause he certainly didn't do anything to get rid of the bugs until he knew he was going to die.

blabla100:
In your opinion, why do you think XY wished she could have been born a few hundred years earlier so she can be the one to save and free XL? XL was tied up to the army, he was a man of honor and XY knew since she met him first that that's the path he chose to take. She did try to bring him and keep him în her world, but she always knew his priority is the army, not her.

I think she wished that, because she loved him and wanted to be with him.  And no, XY was clueless about XL when she first met him and had no idea he was honorable or his ties to Hong Jiang or the army.  She even suggested more than once he should dump them.  It wasn't till later, as they talked and she spent time with him and the army, that she started to get a clue.   Also, remember, she risked death to stay in Qingshui Town, when they first met, getting another 20 lashes to win that condition.  At that time, also, she believed her family had abandoned her -- so he wasn't exactly her enemy at that time.  So, her views also changed.  So, at the time he accepted the Love Bug, they both had planned to stay in Qingshui Town, she was working with him and the army, and they could have had a future together.  Plus, remember, at that time, she didn't have the requirment that her husband only committed to her -- cause she was a man.

blabla100:
"Sir Bi stared forlornly at Xiang Liu before saying “I will ask the Royal Mother to help lie that she removed the bug. Don’t worry, what happened here tonight, only you and I know outside of the Heavens. I will never ever let Xiao Yao know the truth! I will not ruin all that you’ve done for her and carefully arranged.”

Sir Bi knew that XL did a lot and saved XY but he wanted to keep it secretly from XY and everyone. XL told Sir Bi that Ah Nian agreed to help him to bring the shell and kept it secret. Therefore, he promised XL so, and covered the truth of waking her up and removing bugs with a reasonable explanation such as asking the Royal Mother for the bug removal. 

blabla100:

Oh hey oh HEY. Please cut my eyes OUT. So my blood splashes on your ROBE. Like the blossoms of PEACHES. Just so I am in your EYES. Oh hey oh HEY. Please take my heart out. So my blood spills on the plains. Like the peach blossom on the Mountains. Just so I am in your heart"

Was the tears SirBi had in his eyes and the ballad he sang meant for XY or for XL?  

Kokuto:
This is the song Chi Chen sang, so I would say it is for XL -- who is awake to listen to it.

As @Kokuko answer, This is the song that Chi You (Chi Chen) sang to Ah Heng to express his love to her. My understanding is Si Bi sang that song for XL implied two things:

• XL was compared and reminded him about Chi you. They were both great men but misunderstood by many
  • He compared XL's feeling to XY with Chi You's love to Ah Heng. He expressed XL's love to XY on behave of him.

Actually, when Sir Bi sang, XL was on Fur Ball and flying away. The song was a kind of farewell too. 

blabla100:

This again makes be belive that the reason why XL agreed to take the bug in was mostly because he wanted to have the bug out of CX and not because he wanted to have his life tied up to XY.  Yes, he did loved her since, but he already made his choice of going down with the army long before he met her, so I don't belive that he would have accepted the bug if not for the bug being already planted into CX.

XY raised the bug for long time and intended to plant on him secretly. So, XL would never be asked by XY if he wanted to accept the "free" bug. 

The main reason that he accepted to lure the bug to him because he cared for WXL's safety and he knew that WXL tried desprately to remove the bug from CX. She was reckless and her lack of knowledge in planting and removing bug from CX could danger her life. So he knew he met the condition to plant the bug. However that fulfilled only half of the condition (his side), to successfully plant the bug, it required XY's love too (since XY fulfilled the willingness requirement). I think XL could sense and recognize XY's feeling and reactions to him based on his animal instinct. They had a lot of common things and similar life experience. In his view, she cared for his life safety, helped him in flighting indicated that she had positive thought and care about him. And the scene in the pool, he also could sense her pleasure. So, he had some points to support his assumption that XY had feeling for him. If the planting went well, it would prove WXL's feeling for him too.

By taking the bug, he committed to the relationship wholeheartedly. It is his oath of life-time love to WXL and he accepted the heart-mind and life connection. He could use his 9-lives to protect WXL as long as Sheng Nong Remanant army survised. Moreover, he knew the way to "remove" the bugs by killing the bug. He was probably the only one who could remove the bug with such method since his luxury of having 9 lives. So in the case, Gong Gong's army came to the end (when WXL was still alive), he could kill the bugs and died with Sheng Nong army. With the situation of Dai Huang at that point, Sheng Nong army could last for much longer time (a few hundred or thousand year). And WXL at that time expressed his wish to XL that "I'm afraid of being lonely and not being able to find long-term dependence. Short-term companionship is also good.". Then XL could afford for that. By that time, he had not known the despair of losing loved one. He could have thought so.

Kokuto:
There's no evidence that he had already planned to die with the resistance army at the point he accepted the bug.  In fact, quite the opposite.  He said in the moonlight scene that as long as there were scenes like this, it was worth living.  Later on, he talks about how hope for the future kept him alive.  He advocates for hope other times.

Therefore, I am not so sure about this point. His opinion about the life was worthy as long as there was such magnificent scenery just implied he enjoyed the current life. As long as he lived, he could still enjoy the life (despite other sorrow that they faced in life, his mood on that day was bad). Left Ear was compared with "young" XangLiu. XY told Miao Fu about Left Ear that 

He was very smart, but he was half-informed and half-uninformed about worldly things. You should be patient with him and take good care of him. Don't let him be deceived. People like him are stubborn. Once they decide something, no matter whether it's right or wrong, they will never look back even if they turn into demons or ashes! (Chapter 47 - google translate)

So if XL was taught by Gong Gong about his ideology and righteousness, there was chance that he chose to consider righteousness the most importance in his heart and loyalty to the army till the end. 

liddi:
A very belated Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all who celebrate!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you as well, liddi.

liddi:
Oooh... so nice to find myself a billionaire, even if it's bonus points!. In which case, definitely using all those points I've accumulated to save Xiang Liu in every way that counts in S2!

Please use all your points to save Xiang Liu. I'm even willing to give up my precious boba tea in exchange for Xiang Liu being alive and happy :-). You have no idea how big of a sacrifice this is ...

windiaaa041293:
Tong Hua:

Let's have dinner together on the weekend. Today's movie is great, but it's a pity that you are on a business trip. The bayberry is on the market, I ordered some for express delivery to you. The temperature is cooling down here, what about your side?

So essentially missing someone means being reminded of them by the most mundane things as you go about your day-to-day life. It's about wanting to share your thoughts and feelings with them. It's about wanting to share experiences with them. It's about gifting them little presents that they like or might like. Which character does XY show these behaviours towards the most?