I was re-reading the leaked script and came across this scene. What do you guys make of XY's words "determined to take XL down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning shiqi". I personally really doubt she said it în the literal sense, but kinda suggest that since the beggining till  her last poison to him, XL was her main  goal. Her words to yellow emperor while starring at the crystal ball "this is the last time" are so meaningful. 

"XY: Beyond the back door of Hui Chun clinic, there is a plot of land growing medical herbs, and not far from it is the West River. By the West River, I saved a beggar and gave him the name Ye Shi Qi. In order to get wives for Ma Zi and Chuan Zi, I entered the mountains to catch Fei Fei, encountered the white condor Furball, was treated as a spy by Xiang Liu and whipped forty lashes, and Shi Qi carried me home on his back. I was determined to take Xiang Liu down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning Shi Qi..."

blabla100:

I was re-reading the leaked script and came across this scene. What do you guys make of XY's words "determined to take XL down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning shiqi". I personally really doubt she said it în the literal sense, but kinda suggest that since the beggining till  her last poison to him, XL was her main  goal. Her words to yellow emperor while starring at the crystal ball "this is the last time" are so meaningful. 

"XY: Beyond the back door of Hui Chun clinic, there is a plot of land growing medical herbs, and not far from it is the West River. By the West River, I saved a beggar and gave him the name Ye Shi Qi. In order to get wives for Ma Zi and Chuan Zi, I entered the mountains to catch Fei Fei, encountered the white condor Furball, was treated as a spy by Xiang Liu and whipped forty lashes, and Shi Qi carried me home on his back. I was determined to take Xiang Liu down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning Shi Qi..."

That event that was mentioned in the paragraph and the leaked script as well as happened on their 2nd meeting when XL came to Mazi's wedding with Chun Tao. So yes, in the beginning she really wanted to poison him because she got beaten with 40 lashes and forced to work for him. WXL offered XL the wine that she said she had brewed it her own. And XL said the wine is tasteless, only the poison stood out. WXL's self esteem and proud was hurt. She swore that she could poison him one day. XL left and Seventeen got in the room. Because WXL was angry, she gave the wine to Seventeen and he drank it. Of course, he got poisoned.

Note: can it be consider as a parallel for the love triagle between them. The wine with poison as love. XY first gave it to XL. He recognised and tasted the poison but was not fantally  poisoned by her. He walked away and YSQ took the leftover, got poisoned.

blabla100:

Guys, what's the airing schedule for next week? Anyone knows? 

I think: 2 eps each day from Monday to Thursday, then the last 3 days of the week no new eps

blabla100:

I was re-reading the leaked script and came across this scene. What do you guys make of XY's words "determined to take XL down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning shiqi". I personally really doubt she said it în the literal sense, but kinda suggest that since the beggining till  her last poison to him, XL was her main  goal. Her words to yellow emperor while starring at the crystal ball "this is the last time" are so meaningful. 

Exactly.  Cause she knew she had poisoned Shi Qi instantly, there was none of this 'who knew in the end?'  It's entirely metaphorical, where poison is love.  XL was her target, and she actually DID poison him, with the Poisonous Lovers' Bug.  Shi Qi was just standing around and collateral damage.  It also shows, when she didn't get the response she wanted from XL, she would turn to XL as a replacement or guinea pig.

I do like that she says she "was treated as a SPY by XL and whipped 40 lashes" which people just blithely forget.

@H19279

"Note: can it be consider as a parallel for the love triagle between them. The wine with poison as love. XY first gave it to XL. He recognised and taste the poison but was not poisoned by her. He walked away and YSQ took the leftover, got poisoned."

Yes, that's my take on it. IMO she used the poison and that particular incident  to draw the line and emphasize between what she wanted (XL) and what she got (shiqi). IIRC the description of the book also compares love to a glass of poisonous wine. 

@kokuto

" It's entirely metaphorical, where poison is love.  XL was her target, and she actually DID poison him, with the Poisonous Lovers' Bug. "

Exactly. Too bad she found out all about the bugs when was already too late for them.  

Ep7-8 ends at what should have been Ep9 (S02E17) scene 14 of the leaked script, and remains faithful to the script by and large. At this rate, I really wonder what additional scenes would take up 2 (3 if based on leaked script) extra episodes. Whatever these are, I really hope that it improves on the remaining episodes in the script. 

Some points to note:

The name of Hou and Yi Ying's son 瑱 has two pronunciations - tiàn or zhèn. Based on the drama, his name is pronounced as Tiàn, so he is Tushan Tian, not Tushan Zhen as we have been calling him all this while.

The flower that Jing unceremoniously jumped into the lake to pick for Xiao Yao is 海棠花 crabapple blossom, not begonia or water lily as seen in different translations.

TJC's performance as Xiang Liu watched Xiao Yao leaving Qingshui Town was a tour-de-force - perfectly capturing how I imagine Xiang Liu to be when he is alone and allows his mask to slip.  What I see is a man who relentlessly did everything he had to do to ensure the woman he loved had someone who could accompany her for a long time, something he could never give her, despite the pain it cost him. He was cruel to her, but even more cruel to himself. The scene as he watched her departing carriage, knowing each step took her out of his life into the arms of another man, was flawlessly delivered - and we see all the emotions that flitted through his eyes and across his face without him even saying a word - grief first, then, as he remembered her words about being willing to settle for temporary companionship, he expressed his unspoken wish to her:

"The Fangfeng Bei who accompanied you briefly is dead. I will give you back someone you can depend on for a long time."

with a little smile of tenderness, which slowly dimmed into aching emptiness and longing, before finally smiling once more with quiet peace. Brilliant.

We finally meet Hong Jiang, and see what Xiang Liu's sacrifice of his own personal happiness exchanged for Hong Jiang and his comrades - a very effective contrast of their excitement over the provisions against his recollection of the time he asked Xiao Yao to go away with him, and she agreed as long as he would leave everything behind. We also know that he kept even Hong Jiang in the dark about the lengths he went for them. It was a simple, brief scene, but it moved me immensely. 

On the other hand, the diminishing of Xiang Liu's role continues. References to Bao Zhu, the long-term neighbour of Hui Chun clinic was totally removed, while Shi Qi's role in visiting them regularly like family was emphasised. 

In the script, when Xiang Liu told Xiao Yao she could leave Qingshui Town, she was momentarily happy, then took her leave from Xiang Liu reluctantly. However, the drama just had her striding off before he stopped her in her tracks by reminding her about not telling anyone he and Fangfeng Bei were the same person, which takes away indications that regardless of everything he did, she was reluctant to leave him:

XL (indifferently): I have gotten what I wanted. You can leave any time you wish!

Xiao Yao was happy for a moment, but immediately quietened down.

XY: Then... I take my leave.

Xiang Liu gazed at the river without saying a word. Wordlessly, Xiao Yao turned. Suddenly, Xiang Liu's icy voice rang out behind her.

XL: Let me remind you that the poisonous bug is still there. If you dare reveal that I am Fangfeng Bei, don't blame me if you die from the pain of my hurting your heart.

Xiao Yao suddenly stopped and turned around in disbelief to look at Xiang Liu.

The glow of lovers bug was added to this scene when she felt the pain in her heart due to Xiang Liu. Likewise, we see it glowing as he walked away from her,  with him grimacing in pain though she could not tell from the back. I wonder whether we too will see it happening again during her confrontation with Xiang Liu on Gourd Lake in future.

I disliked too that they had Jing making it snow to keep Xiao Yao at Qing Qiu, just as she was ready to leave - a scene that did not exist in the novel at all. Snow was something associated with Xiang Liu, while Jing's was predominantly mist and blooms, so adding such a scene to his character feels incongruous. 

However, every scene with Cang Xuan remains a highlight for me, thanks to ZWY's masterful delivery. I particularly love the scene where they laughed and played as they drew on each other's faces, the laughter a much needed breather, knowing that things between them would deteriorate in the days to come.

liddi:
Ep7-8 ends at what should have been Ep9 (S02E17) scene 14 of the leaked script, and remains faithful to the script by and large. At this rate, I really wonder what additional scenes would take up 2 (3 if based on leaked script) extra episodes. Whatever these are, I really hope that it improves on the remaining episodes in the script.

So, they've been cutting things?  Enough for a whole episode?

liddi:
The flower that Jing unceremoniously jumped into the lake to pick for Xiao Yao is 海棠花 crabapple blossom, not begonia or water lily as seen in different translations.

Yes, I figured it was something other than a begonia -- they don't grow as trees, but as annuals.

liddi:
TJC's performance as Xiang Liu watched Xiao Yao leaving Qingshui Town was a tour-de-force - perfectly capturing how I imagine Xiang Liu to be when he is alone and allows his mask to slip.

I loved that scene with the camera panning out and then in and nothing but Tan Jian Ci's expressions.

liddi:
We finally meet Hong Jiang, and see what Xiang Liu's sacrifice of his own personal happiness exchanged for Hong Jiang and his comrades - a very effective contrast of their excitement over the provisions contrasting against his recollection of the time he asked Xiao Yao to go away with him, and she agreed as long as he would leave everything behind. We also know that he kept even Hong Jiang in the dark about the lengths he went for them. It was a simple, brief scene, but it moved me immensely.

YES!  Hong Jiang!  Thoroughly unimpressive, but at least he exists!  And we even got an interaction.

That is exactly what I loved about that scene.  I would hope, seeing how much his men needed that food and were happy that they could get through the winter, that folks would understand their glib, 'XL isn't willing to put XY first,' is ridiculous, given all the people depending on him literally for their lives.

liddi:
On the other hand, the diminishing of Xiang Liu's role continues. References to Bao Zhu, the long-term neighbour of Hui Chun clinic was totally removed, while Shi Qi's role in visiting them regularly like family was emphasised.

Yes, that was sheer robbery, that could have easily been fixed with one sentence, since we saw XL at this house twice.  I mean, you could pick up on it, if you knew about from the book, or wondered why XL was looking out the window at the grandkids, or understood it was the same house that he brought XY ... but that's asking a lot of a casual viewer.  That said, I'm fine with giving Jing his due about keeping in touch with his Qing Shui Town family.  It is one of the few truly kind things he did that didn't seem to have an ulterior motive.

liddi:
The glow of lovers bug was added to this scene when she felt the pain in her heart due to Xiang Liu. Likewise, we see it glowing as he walked away from her, with him grimacing in pain though she could not tell from the back. I wonder whether we too will see it happening again during her confrontation with Xiang Liu on Gourd Lake in future.

I wish they had gotten closer or showed it like it was written, where he was out of her sight and practically fell to his knees in pain.  I felt they cut his part short.  They also took out the glow of the Lovers Bug when Xiang Liu was asking the questions.  I wish they had left it in then, to make clear what was going on.  Even though we got another long moment of silent acting from Tan Jian Ci.

liddi:
I disliked too that they had Jing making it snow to keep Xiao Yao at Qing Qiu, just as she was ready to leave - a scene that did not exist in the novel at all. Snow was something associated with Xiang Liu, while Jing's was predominantly mist and blooms, so adding such a scene to his character feels incongruous.

We should be used to XL stuff getting appropriated by Jing by now, but NO.  It is still annoying.

liddi:
However, every scene with Cang Xuan remains a highlight for me, thanks to ZWYi's masterful delivery. I particularly love the scene where they laughed and played as they drew on each other's faces, the laughter a much needed breather, knowing that things between them would deteriorate in the days to come.

Yes, agreed.  ZWY is acting up a storm himself.  I too enjoy their fun moments ... as well as his descent into obsession.  Grandfather Emperor is definitely the MVP of humor, though.

Question:

So, when FFB was mistaken as Chi Chen by the Donkey Meat Seller, cause he was singing Chi Chen's song, he said he picked it up when he was in Baili.  Even though it sounded like he hadn't met the "Wu King" do you think that trip is where he learned how he could remove the Lovers Bug?

blabla100:
I was re-reading the leaked script and came across this scene. What do you guys make of XY's words "determined to take XL down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning shiqi". I personally really doubt she said it în the literal sense, but kinda suggest that since the beggining till  her last poison to him, XL was her main  goal. Her words to yellow emperor while starring at the crystal ball "this is the last time" are so meaningful.

"XY: Beyond the back door of Hui Chun clinic, there is a plot of land growing medical herbs, and not far from it is the West River. By the West River, I saved a beggar and gave him the name Ye Shi Qi. In order to get wives for Ma Zi and Chuan Zi, I entered the mountains to catch Fei Fei, encountered the white condor Furball, was treated as a spy by Xiang Liu and whipped forty lashes, and Shi Qi carried me home on his back. I was determined to take Xiang Liu down by poison, but who knew I ended up poisoning Shi Qi..."

That is an interesting take.

The novel says this in Xiao Yao's internal monologue:

Beyond the back door of the humble Hui Chun clinic laid a plot of land planted with medicinal herbs. Further down the field was the West River, which would lead into Qing Shui, and the rushing waters of Qing Shui would flow into the East Sea. On the banks of the West River, she saved Jing. To catch the feifei, she encountered the white condor Furball, and was whipped forty times by Xiang Liu. The poison she wanted to take Xiang Liu down with, poisoned Jing instead. In order to help Cang Xuan remove the bug, she made a deal with Xiang Liu. Who knew it turned out to be the Lovers' bug that connected hearts and intertwined lives...

-- Vol 3 Ch13  (Chapter 46)

Because references to the Lovers bug were removed in the script, and the monologue ended up as Xiao Yao's narration to the old Xuan Yuan king, the "Who knew" ended up being applied to her poisoning Shi Qi.

It is also notable that every time she thinks of Qingshui Town, it was Xiang Liu who featured predominantly in her memories. Her life there remained the same when Shi Qi showed up. The real change happened with Xiang Liu's presence, and that was the life she missed desperately but could never go back to:

As she leaned against the railing and gazed at the stars, Xiao Yao suddenly remembered the days in Qingshui Town, the countless sizzling hot summer nights they spent sitting on bamboo mats to cool off; Lao Mu, Ma Zi, Chuan Zi chattering away; Shi Qi sitting silently by her side; her gnawing on a duck neck while drinking green plum wine, enjoying herself.

Back then, the only hardship in life was Xiang Liu.

The days in Qingshui Town were so far away, way beyond her reach, but remained vivid in her memories. Xiao Yao could not help the tears that welled up in her eyes.

-- Vol 2 Ch11  (Chapter 28)

liddi:
It is also notable that every time she thinks of Qingshui Town, it was Xiang Liu who featured predominantly in her memories. Her life there remained the same when Shi Qi showed up. The real change happened with Xiang Liu's presence, and that was the life she missed desperately but could never go back to:

Good point.  But I don't think they are doing that in the drama.  I think they are trying to make it Jing.

I remember now, why I thought that reunion scene with Jing when she was 'confronting' over the wedding robbery felt like she was talking about XL.  She said something to the effect, "because I didn't help, I lost the one I liked."

And that was the big point between XL and XY in the first episodes, who did she like? i.e. who did she want to spend her life with?

Kokuto:
So, they've been cutting things?  Enough for a whole episode?

Various scenes here and there were cut, but not any of the important ones. Thus far, we are consistently about 1 episode behind in terms of the leaked script, bearing in mind that the leaked script only covered 20 episodes if we followed how they ended each episode. In other words, there is probably about 3 episodes worth of footage unaccounted for. Which leaves me with hope that whatever extra scenes they filmed, might address the issues we were concerned about.

Kokuto:
YES!  Hong Jiang!  Thoroughly unimpressive, but at least he exists!  And we even got an interaction.

That is exactly what I loved about that scene.  I would hope, seeing how much his men needed that food and were happy that they could get through the winter, that folks would understand their glib, 'XL isn't willing to put XY first,' is ridiculous, given all the people depending on him literally for their lives.

Yup. In Once Promised, he is described as a strong, seven foot tall man, a powerful, fierce warrior. Here, he does not appear imposing at all, and in later parts of the script, it appears Xiang Liu keeps him safe, refusing to let him even participate in any of the skirmishes. Is it just to keep him safe, or is he still suffering from old battle injuries from the final Xuan Yuan-Shen Nong battle at Ji Province? No idea. I don't even know how badly he was injured in that battle since I have not properly read that chapter yet.

But yes. if Xiang Liu had chosen to put his happiness before theirs, where does that leave his men? In an earlier scene, Jing Ye already mentioned to Jing that winter was coming, and with shortage of food and clothes on the mountains, the Shen Nong remnant army's lives will surely get even harder - something Xiang Liu was well aware of and did his best to alleviate their suffering, even if he had to pay a steep price for it.

Kokuto:
I wish they had gotten closer or showed it like it was written, where he was out of her sight and practically fell to his knees in pain.  I felt they cut his part short.  They also took out the glow of the Lovers Bug when Xiang Liu was asking the questions.  I wish they had left it in then, to make clear what was going on.  

Agreed. I felt that there should have been a close-up shot of him when he walked away in pain with the glow of the bugs in his chest. I literally had to peer and see whether he was grimacing or not, because there was just too much happening in that shot.

And I definitely wish they kept the glow of the Lovers bug after the 4 questions for the exact reason you mentioned. 

Kokuto:
Grandfather Emperor is definitely the MVP of humor, though.

He is all kinds of awesome. There was a very funny meme on Weibo of him behind bars, with a caption that said "Cang Xuan, don't worry. You go ahead and confess your feelings. This time we have restrained Grandpa", to which Grandpa's actor Hou Changrong said "Please remember to let me out after the drama has ended." LOL!

Guys, I am curious about somesthing.  XY's ost, not sure what it's called, the one with "i am willing to spend the rest of my life with you" was ever played for yaojing? I know it's been played for yaoliu a few times, once when she was crying because XL wasn't there when she wake up from her coma and again when FFBei died, but what about yaojing? I believe they did use it one time, but I am not sure for what scene. I saw that next week they will use it for CX-XY. 

@Kokuto

Specially for you https://fb.watch/tfsuWxhrNu/

TJC sang Peach blossom blood in the promotional event today

P/S: ak ak, I want his huge diamond ear-ring. I heard that he is promoted as De Beers' representative. Thus that diamond earring can imply or represent something

H19279:

@Kokuto

Specially for you https://fb.watch/tfsuWxhrNu/

TJC sang Peach blossom blood in the promotional event today

P/S: ak ak, I want his huge diamond ear-ring. I heard that he is promoted as De Beers' representative. Thus that diamond earring can imply or represent something

Aaawwww!  Thank you!  I love hearing it without any instruments too.  It just grabs me.

I'm not sure what this even was ... he has so many going on lately.  Maybe it was DeBeers?  And yes, he got an upgrade / promotion.  He's now the DeBeers Spokesperson.  I think you may be right.  Those earrings ARE bigger.  lol

Lost You Forever  is a group of patients with mental illness

When the story begins, each of them is sick.