Kokuto:
https://twitter.com/borsha_sadiya/status/1696082633992913093?s=20

Yeah saw it too XD!. He's good !

One of my favorite moment here. I wish they were more of those ...

Symbolika1:

Yeah saw it too XD!. He's good !

They really are.  So very funny.

And yes!  That's one of my favorite scenes also!  You can practically see the lasers shooting out of all 9 pairs of eyes!  LOL!

Symbolika1:

Me too. I loved how playful XL (aka XY) was with everyone before the "I'm really XY" arc. I miss those earlier episodes so much. 

Symbolika1:

The raw material for a rom-com. Change my mind 😂

I'm so excited that TJC is going to be working with TH again. Hopefully, all the other male leads can work with her again as well in other projects. 

Although I am a bit sad because some people are taking shipping wars so far that they are blaming the various actors/male leads of this show for weird rumors/hate that each of the leads is getting. I wish people could be more mature but I guess that is wishful thinking. 

Sirry Usly:

I'm so excited that TJC is going to be working with TH again. Hopefully, all the other male leads can work with her again as well in other projects. 

Although I am a bit sad because some people are taking shipping wars so far that they are blaming the various actors/male leads of this show for weird rumors/hate that each of the leads is getting. I wish people could be more mature but I guess that is wishful thinking. 

LOL who's saying that?? The dude is obviously good at his craft. Are people this dense? 😹

nathsketch:

LOL who's saying that?? The dude is obviously good at his craft. Are people this dense? 😹

You'd be surprised. So many alleged adults are taking shipping wars too far that they are now dragging the actors of this show into it. I've seen it occur many times on Twitter, TikTok, screenshots from Weibo, and even here on MDL. 

I've seen people blame Deng Wei for whatever shade some yaojing fans throw at Tan Jian Ci and I've seen people blame Tan Jian Ci for weird rumors that are started about Deng Wei by some yaoliu fans. It's so weird and gross. 

These two actors should not have to be dealing with this weird toxicity from fans just because they are doing their jobs. I remember I even saw weird slander for Zhang Wan Yi and Yang Zi on Twitter and other social media platforms. This is why I normally stay away from reverse harems because people are so immature. 

I have been trying so hard not to discuss or engage in weird fan wars and defend all the actors when I can. I've also been trying not to engage in weird slander or rant about this childishness but it's honestly so hard so I just needed to let this out this once. It's been driving me nuts especially because the majority of it is coming from adults. 

I believe you! I was taking a look at the YaoJing thread next door, and wooo boy. I may be wrong but in our thread over here we never mention TSJ, we just talk about XL and the TJC, without mentioning Jing at all. But they keep comparing the two and it's actually hilarious. Let me get a sample, just a moment.

Here:

"XL is not even a complex character. He is very straight forward and easy to understand not only in the drama but also in the book.  CX and XL are not complex compared to TSJ/YSQ. It took XY years to finally understand what TSJ philosophy  is all about and this is because she ended up being faced with the same situation. She had the benefit was having him in her life while TSJ did not have that when he had decided to forgive his brother. 

I have read the book and there are passages that  XL fans have interpreted differently to how I understood it. 

TSJ was very interesting.  The thing about this book I disliked wascthat the author gave  all the good fun experience to XL not Jin or CX .

TSJ was engaged so cannot spend quality time with XY as much as he wants. He cannot take her out on dates.  Same with CX. XL get to take her on dates, explore other places.  I had to roll my eyes at those. How convenient. I was not moved." 

Damn girl, she mad hahahaha

Tbh, I don't really care if people don't like XL, Jing, CX, or XY as a character. That's their right tbh.

I personally like all the characters and I usually try to ignore the slanders of all 5 main characters when possible. 

But what really gets me is when people start involving the actors/actress or when people slut shame XY. It was happening a lot earlier when LYF first started airing but thankfully people stopped doing that. 

I think everyone should be free to like and dislike whatever characters they want but be respectful and don't be crazy to the actors/actresses. 

Oh yes, absolutely. We just joke around here, but people on Twitter, Weibo, etc. are really taking it to another level and that's a shame

But them girls are mad and that's funny 😹🔥

I’m still reading this discussion, ‘cause y’all are reasonable. 😁

QuinlanKay:

I’m still reading this discussion, ‘cause y’all are reasonable. 😁

Absolutely. We pride ourselves in being reasonably unhinged 😹