Just found this thread….I actually don’t understand ..he removes his history from the mirror..and what does that do? so she no longer sees him in mirror…but  She still remembers him from her own memories ..(unless she gees Alzheimer’s..lol) …I can’t see how she would ever ever forget him …

but I think him seeing how she put him in her mirror shows she cares and thinks about him…I hope that is his reassurance she cares for him…

I really don’t think they will change his fate in season 2…I think I need to skip it..I can’t bear to see his ending…so tragic…so heartbroken …I just hope one thing they change is that she realizes he loves her and not for motives and manipulations only…

@AH

Yes, if you judge  solely by their actions, you are totally right. But i was more reffering to the bond they share, her bond with XL îs a lot more deeper IMO. Idk, her relationship  with Jing seems very superficial to me, sometimes I have the impression that she is just trying to fulfill the void that her mom left her with, a lot of times I felt that she acts more like a mother figure to Jing, Idk how to explain. I really can't figure this out, but it just doesnt click right with me. 

Dramadoggy2021:
but I think him seeing how she put him in her mirror shows she cares and thinks about him…I hope that is his reassurance she cares for him…

Oh we actually know how XL felt when he found the memories! It's one of the rare times Tong Hua actually gives us direct insight into XL's thoughts.

----

Chapter 48:

Xiang Liu still clearly remembered the moment he discovered these saved memories in the gorilla mirror. He was shocked and amazed that Xiao Yao secretly recorded him, and that he wasn’t even aware of it. That proved he was completely relaxed at that time, and Xiao Yao could have had the chance to kill him.

----

There's a scene in chapter 46 where XL pushes XY to finally cut ties with him where he smiles with joy after she is able to shoot him in the chest with an arrow, but isn't able to shoot him in the heart (i.e., kill him / take one of his lives). If that makes him smile with joy, I have to assume he was over the moon when he found the saved memories and realized what the meant (maybe after the initial shock and amazement that Tong Hua described, but before deciding that he would have to make sure that XY erased them before his death). 

blabla100:
Yes, if you judge  solely by their actions, you are totally right. But i was more reffering to the bond they share, her bond with XL îs a lot more deeper IMO. Idk, her relationship  with Jing seems very superficial to me, sometimes I have the impression that she is just trying to fulfill the void that her mom left her with, a lot of times I felt that she acts more like a mother figure to Jing, Idk how to explain. I really can't figure this out, but it just doesnt click right with me. 

I do feel like XY rarely has deep conversations with TSJ. The do have a few... but they don't hit the same as XY's conversations with XL. Which really gave me a sense of understanding and connection. 

I'm not sure if you were part of our earlier conversation we had (this was a while back) about the term "zhiji"? But I feel like that's relevant. Even though TSJ was the right person to give XY the peaceful life she wanted, their relationship didn't have quite the same understanding and bond as XY's relationship with XL. Both of those things are extremely important and I don't see one as inherently less than the other, but they're definitely different.

blabla100:

@AH

Yes, if you judge  solely by their actions, you are totally right. But i was more reffering to the bond they share, her bond with XL îs a lot more deeper IMO. Idk, her relationship  with Jing seems very superficial to me, sometimes I have the impression that she is just trying to fulfill the void that her mom left her with, a lot of times I felt that she acts more like a mother figure to Jing, Idk how to explain. I really can't figure this out, but it just doesnt click right with me. 

Someone mentioned this mother aspect a while back. Same thing at the beginning of the story, back at the clinic. She sort of needs people to take care of.

Dramadoggy2021:

Just found this thread….I actually don’t understand ..he removes his history from the mirror..and what does that do? so she no longer sees him in mirror…but  She still remembers him from her own memories ..(unless she gees Alzheimer’s..lol) …I can’t see how she would ever ever forget him …

I really don’t think they will change his fate in season 2…I think I need to skip it..I can’t bear to see his ending…so tragic…so heartbroken …I just hope one thing they change is that she realizes he loves her and not for motives and manipulations only…

Welcome! The more the merrier! ♥️

Dramadoggy2021:

This would be (almost) enough for me too.

nathsketch:

This would be (almost) enough for me too.

That's the bare minimum I need for them to do to get me to watch season 2.

The truth must be revealed!

nathsketch:

Someone mentioned this mother aspect a while back. Same thing at the beginning of the story, back at the clinic. She sort of needs people to take care of. 

XY mentions in the novel that she didn't collect her companions at the clinic out of kindness, but rather to surround herself with people who were weaker than her because she felt that those people wouldn't be able to abandon her.

----

The Yellow Emperor ignored her barb and suddenly said “Pick a good husband! Before I die I can guarantee that you can marry any man you want.” He wanted to make sure Xiao Yao was happy.

The Yellow Emperor’s conversation jumped topics so abruptly Xiao Yao was stunned and suddenly she felt this tenderness in her heart. No matter how much she blamed him, he was still her grandfather.

Xiao Yao controlled her conflicted emotions and asked with a goofy smile “Anyone I want? Even someone who is already engaged? Even someone who is your enemy?”

The Yellow Emperor stared at Xiao Yao. “What kind of man do you want?” The Yellow Emperor did not come from a noble or imperial birth right or received such an education, he was born in an ordinary family so when conversing with him, he was much more blunt than the Grand Emperor.

This bold topic would have made any young girl blush but Xiao Yao. She really thought about it and said, “Before I came of age I was already pretending to be a man. When young ladies are just noticing guys I was trying to just survive. I was alone for so long that really I just wanted someone to keep me company. Not someone I want to marry – I want someone I can live with, share happiness and sorrow with, fight and make up, I just don’t want to talk to myself anymore. But I’m scared because think about it, my own grandfather, mom, dad, they all abandoned me before. How can I trust someone won’t abandon me? I took in lonely elders and orphans because I know they need me so they won’t abandon me.

Xiao Yao chuckled. “People think I am kind but really I’m just weak. When I’m with those who are weaker than me, I feel like I am in control and am needed so I won’t be abandoned. That is when I feel safe.

The Yellow Emperor rested on the pallet and stared at Xiao Yao.

She continued “When I became a girl again, I thought marrying is so far away and never thought about it. But I know I’m scared of a man like you. In your heart, there will always be choices that are more important than the woman you love.”

The Yellow Emperor was expressionless and he said, “Men like me are not suited to be husbands.”

Xiao Yao slowly said, “I am too afraid of having and losing, so I would rather not have at all. Unless there is a man who, no matter faced with any choice, will always pick me first, who will never abandon me no matter what reason, then I will be willing to spend the rest of my life with him.”

The Yellow Emperor said, “That’s very hard.”

Xiao Yao smiled. “I know it’s hard which is why I don’t think about any man. I’m too scared of falling in and not being able to save myself…..” Xiao Yao sighed. “Even if I have a bit of stirring, I do my best to rein it in.”

The Yellow Emperor said “The question you just asked me, there is actually an answer and you know what it is. If he picked another woman, that means you are not his first choice. If he chose to be the enemy of Zhuan Xu or myself, then it means you are not most important to him and he can give you up.”

Xiao Yao’s heart was jumbled and she sat with her arms around her knees and stared at the mulberry forest.

AH :
XY mentions in the novel that she didn't collect her companions at the clinic out of kindness, but rather to surround herself with people who were weaker than her because she felt that those people wouldn't be able to abandon her.

That's so sad. Her abandonment issues break my heart.

But don't let the Jingers know she canonically prefers to be around weak people or there'll be another meltdown 😹

nathsketch:
That's so sad. Her abandonment issues break my heart.

Agreed. And they control so much of her personality and choices. The chapter where she finally gets closure from her mother is one of my favourite non-romance parts of the novel. However they end up adapting that chapter, I really hope they do it justice in S2. 

nathsketch:
But don't let the Jingers know she canonically prefers to be around weak people or there'll be another meltdown 😹

nathsketch don't bait me like this! I've made too many TSJ defence posts already ^^"

Speaking of which, I recall the scene with the opening and closing of the  window, she didn't have it her way with XL, altough she did try for quite a few times, but fast forward to the next chapter where the same scene îs playing with Jing and lo and behold she only had to say it once and Jing obeyed (can't think of another word right now).  Was she angry because XL closed the window on her or was it because she was demaning  jing to leave it open for her? My guess is the 1st.

What I mean by that, again IMO,  îs that Jing îs the man that XY chose to love, while XL îs the one that she can't help but love. 

blabla100:
she only had to say it once and Jing obeyed (can't think of another word right now).

Hmm. I'd say he compromised with her? Since he still closed it, but not all the way, and then he took some extra steps to keep her warm.

---

The room felt muggy so when Xiao Yao walked in Jing immediately stood up but she ignored him and went to open the window. Jing quickly said, “Your hair is not dry yet, you’ll catch a cold.”

Jing wanted to close the window but Xiao Yao yelled, “Don’t you dare!”

Jing quickly pulled the window so that only a small slit was open. Xiao Yao wanted to lose her temper but found that she couldn’t. Jing placed a brazier right behind Xiao Yao and then handed her a cup of magnolia flower tea for her to sip.

AH :
I didn't feel like I needed to see TSJ take XY on the same kind of dates that XL/FFB took her on to appreciate their romance. I felt like they still had plenty of romantic moments without them. They certainly had more kisses.

Even with the kisses and supposedly romantic moments, I didn't feel anything for them, just indifference😕 I couldn't really appreciate their relationship since her chemistry with XL was way stronger. idk maybe I'm just too biased to XL to appreciate Jing's character 😅

nathsketch:
Ahh yes, that explains it. Big no-no for me. Good to have some reasoning behind it all. Even his face is sometimes prettier than Yang Zi's 👀

lol yep, his character is not my type at all either. btw have you see this? https://www.youtube.com/shorts/s23RQ5ixBJk 😮

AH :
nathsketch don't bait me like this! I've made too many TSJ defence posts already ^^"

Sorry! I'm completely immune to him. But I feel bad, your posts are so complete, and filled with rock-solid arguments (as a former lawyer, I applaud your defenses), but I'm just "Nah, just stay dead please, and thank you." 🤣😂

Elise:
I couldn't really appreciate their relationship since her chemistry with XL was way stronger. idk maybe I'm just too biased to XL to appreciate Jing's character 😅

I get that. The first time I read the novel I skipped almost every scene that didn't have something to do with XL or FFB. When I re-read (and re-read...) the novel I appreciated TSJ more, but I still didn't enjoy TSJ's scenes as much. The XL / FFB scenes are still definitely my favourite.