nathsketch:

I still can't directly reply to anyone/quote, because it says my account is under review. Have I been too naughty? ?

Maybe coz your account is pretty new so there's some limitations yet.

Sirry Usly:

Same! When I read the novel I loved XL but not as much as I love him now. TJC is doing such a great job bringing this character to life. There are so many unspoken words/longing that he is able to capture with his subtle expressions and eyes. 

Yupyup~!

I've been saying this countless times, but if TJC isn't XL, I don't think I would fall for his character this hard. I might not be on the wrong ship. He made XL literally alive ~

I saw someone mentioning every time XL leaves, XY gets into trouble.

I remember back in Qingshui Town, if he was present or wasn't late when XY was captured by Xuan, she wouldn't have been able to return as the princess of Haoling, unwillingly. She was already ready to leave the town at that point.

And then when he left and went back to Qingshui where he told XY to wait for him to come back and teach her archery, she "died".

chase_kayden:

Ahaha!

Tbh, I only know Yang Zi among the cast before. And then Deng Wei coz I saw him a bit on TTEOTM. And I didn't realize TJC was on Hello Saturday cast when I was watching some episodes months ago. If not for LYF, I wouldn't be able to know of his existence (:

I knew Deng Wei from TTEOTM and Yang Zi from Ashes of Love, The Young Emperor Kang Xi and The Legend of Xiao Zhuang when she was a child actor.

TJC - I watched one of his dramas, Under The Skin (2022) but dropped it for unknown reasons that I don't even know!

Zhang Wan Yi - this is his first drama I watched.  I checked out on The Bond (2021) after watching Episode 2 of LYF.  He's an amazing actor.   No wonder the casting director chose him to play Chang Xuan as the character is cold, reserved and ruthless but loving when it comes to Xiao Yao.

chase_kayden:

I remember back in Qingshui Town, if he was present or wasn't late when XY was captured by Xuan, she wouldn't have been able to return as the princess of Haoling, unwillingly. She was already ready to leave the town at that point.

And then when he left and went back to Qingshui where he told XY to wait for him to come back and teach her archery, she "died".

Spot on.  

That's why he was adamant to teach her archery so that she could protect her when he was not around one day.  

chase_kayden:

So XY died twice? The one is in Ep 30 and then there's another one?

I'm not sure anyone responded to this? The answer is yes. She is assassinated in chapter 21 of the novel (as we saw in episode 30) and revived by XL in chapter 22 of the novel (we saw a small part of this in episode 30). She later poisons herself to death and XL saves her again (but hides the fact that it's him) in chapter 48 of the novel, which won't be covered in the drama for a long time. Chapter 51 is the last chapter of the novel, excluding the epilogue. 

i actually just stumbled upon LYF coz i ddint know yang zi have a new drama airing. So i kinda wait a bit more then watched. 

Ohh new yang zi drama yay! Then i saw deng wei ooh I'm familiar with him! But when JCT came as XL boom i fell in love at first sight with.

With XY and XL interactions right from the start I've been wishing they better be endgame but i couldn't control myself thirsting from their interactions. I read the spoilers and damn, imycrying a river. Im on titanic AGAIN, almost allmy ships are sinking... ????

AH :

I'm not sure anyone responded to this? The answer is yes. She is assassinated in chapter 21 of the novel (as we saw in episode 30) and revived by XL in chapter 22 of the novel (we saw a small part of this in episode 30). She later poisons herself to death and XL saves her again (but hides the fact that it's him) in chapter 48 of the novel, which won't be covered in the drama for a long time. Chapter 51 is the last chapter of the novel, excluding the epilogue. 

Okay why did she poison herself to death? 

I haven't read the novel yet, I'm trying to spare my heartor what's left of it a hard heartbreak.

chase_kayden:

Bad things need to happen to XY for the plot to move forward and for the love interests to all worry and try to help. From a writing perspective it wouldn't make sense for those bad things to happen to XY while she's with XL - he wouldn't let them happen in the first place.

mparthur:

I knew Deng Wei from TTEOTM and Yang Zi from Ashes of Love, The Young Emperor Kang Xi and The Legend of Xiao Zhuang when she was a child actor.

TJC - I watched one of his dramas, Under The Skin (2022) but dropped it for unknown reasons that I don't even know!

Zhang Wan Yi - this is his first drama I watched.  I checked out on The Bond (2021) after watching Episode 2 of LYF.  He's an amazing actor.   No wonder the casting director chose him to play Chang Xuan as the character is cold, reserved and ruthless but loving when it comes to Xiao Yao.

ZWY showed really good acting skills. I like to see him more as hero than a romantic character, not a good lover boy look. With TJC, I saw his modern dramas, but to me he should choose costume drama the most. He just flourished in it to me. It just fits him perfectly, costumes, hair, …in modern dramas he is good, but less appealing and is just a Boy look. On DW, I can see him better in costume drama both good or villain character can fit him well. He just need to show his witty personality in either character. 

Minny Me.11:
Okay why did she poison herself to death? 

This will be spoiler heavy...

First, it's important to know that when TSJ disappeared, XY asked XL for help looking for him and said she would agree to any price in exchange for his help as long as it had nothing to do with ZX. XL agreed and the price he asked for was XY promising to live even if TSJ was dead. 

Later (shortly before his death) XL makes XY realize that ZX is responsible for TSJ's death (this was information that she needed to know for several reasons, including the fact that XL had just orchestrated TSJ's resurrection so that he could return to XY). Despite her promise to XL, XY poisons ZX and herself. The dose she gave to ZX was not enough to kill him before his attendants found him, because she couldn't bring herself to actually kill ZX. But the dose she gave herself was higher and actually was lethal. 

Noush 

Zhang Wan Yi looks more like a Confucian scholar so playing CX who is politically astute suits him.  He is the type of hero in C-costume dramas who is described as a wen wu guy.

AH :

This will be spoiler heavy...

First, it's important to know that when TSJ disappeared, XY asked XL for help looking for him and said she would agree to any price in exchange for his help as long as it had nothing to do with ZX. XL agreed and the price he asked for was XY promising to live even if TSJ was dead. 

Later (shortly before his death) XL makes XY realize that ZX is responsible for TSJ's death (this was information that she needed to know for several reasons, including the fact that XL had just orchestrated TSJ's resurrection so that he could return to XY). Despite her promise to XL, XY poisons ZX and herself. The dose she gave to ZX was not enough to kill him before his attendants found him, because she couldn't bring herself to actually kill ZX. But the dose she gave herself was higher and actually was lethal. 

No!!! ???????????? poor xiangliu 

How many lives did it cost him to save XY twice? It was 2...? Right?

Minny Me.11:
How many lives did it cost him to save XY twice? It was 2...? Right?

XL uses at least one of his lives to revive XY after her assassination (she mentions it in chapter 26 of the novel). He might also use one of his lives to revive XY a second time after she poisons herself to death. The process he uses to revive her the second time is different and much faster and the novel doesn't specify whether he uses a life to resurrect her at that point or not. 

XL also uses a jewel that he creates from XY's blood to bring TSJ back from the "dead" (note that XY gave TSJ a life-preserving pill before he died, which may have acted like the poisonous bug connection to keep him from completely dying). XL might have used a life as part of TSJ's revival process as well. The novel doesn't specify that he does, but some fans seem to think that he would have needed to.

XL definitely uses a life to kill the poisonous bugs right after reviving XY for the second time (the novel is clear about that). This severs his connection with XY before the final battle where he knows he will die.

mparthur:

I'm actually meaning to watch Under the Skin after LYF S1 ends.