H19279:

Is that more or less like the original book?
I just saw the clip of Jing &XY's wedding

It showed him finding Jing floating in the ocean. Then he coughed up blood. It's unclear from the short clip if he lost one life to save Jing. But he was obviously injured from it.

HeadInTheClouds:

It showed him finding Jing floating in the ocean. Then he coughed up blood. It's unclear from the short clip if he lost one life to save Jing. But he was obviously injured from it. 

i think he didn’t lose any live to save fox.

the trailer of his last moment showed 6 heads meaning he had lost 3 lives: 1 in 37 years and 2 to kill the bugs

I full on ugly cried at the scene he sent Chubby away 😭 😭 😭 😭 

Such a bs ending, i am just glad it's over. 

Practically cried starting from Ep20 with Xiang Liu reminiscing at Qingshui Town, up to Xiang Liu's death and Xiao Yao mourning him. 

All his additional scenes are well placed, and most of the known scenes are perfectly executed. Him sending away Furball had me crying too @HeadInTheClouds, and how it ties back to his first words in Ep3, and the poison Xiao Yao prepared specially for him on their stolen outing. The scene where he protects Jing from the sea monster just breaks my heart again, as if it has not been broken enough before that. At last, the three have's are credited back to Xiang Liu - thank you! 

The drama almost redeems itself fully as far as Xiang Liu is concerned, except for the last 30 mins, which takes me back to the disappointment of the leaked script.  In addition, Xiao Yao waking up from the nightmare and staring at a crescent moon is a poor choice, and does not reflect back to her remembering the time they watched the full moon together. Not to mention, they removed her line where she wished the war would go on forever.

Now, I am now left with a gaping wound for Xiang Liu all over again, and will be revisiting the drama for the most part as I work through my grief. 

I am so sad.

And not just because XL met his end, which was painful enough.  But it's too hard to put the words together cause everything is knotted up in my chest.

I skipped ep 21-22, and even in the other final eps, I mostly ffwd. I can only say S2 is seriously lacking in all counts. They made some changes, but they've mostly tried to keep within the book endings, yet dare not be as cruel as the book, thus they've tried to downplay the emotions in most scenes. What we get is a lukewarm S2 to a bright, fun, enthralling and thrilling S1. The ML all failed to capture much attention in S2, except for XL/ TJC. If S1 is about XY, S2 is mostly about XL, yet trying not to be XL, bcos he is not the lead actor.. but failed terribly, so we get some inconclusive in-between where it seems like XL is the lead, yet trying not be.. and bcos of the indecisiveness we ended with a very mediocre piece. Guess one good thing is that it is ended. But I truly wish it could've been better. Can't help feeling disappointed, and a gaping hole of emptiness.

liddi:
In addition, Xiao Yao waking up from the nightmare and staring at a crescent moon is a poor choice, and does not reflect back to her remembering the time they watched the full moon together.

The cresent moon does not reflect her memory of the full moon that they watched together. However, as in several discussion about counting the day from her woke up in Jade mountain until the wedding, it is the exact shape of the moon (her wedding is somewhere end of the month - day 28th of the lunar month).
I think the cresent moon may offer different meaning:

1. The moon itself will be forever associate with her memory with XL from now on (as it used to be a long time back)

2. The cresent moon  - fullmoon with missing part - represents for the loss 

3.Foreshaddow for her future: it is not a full, complete happiness

H19279:

Is that more or less like the original book?
I just saw the clip of Jing &XY's wedding

Are they already married. They have not released the complete episodes right? I can't 

Liu Yifei:

Are they already married. They have not released the complete episodes right? I can't 

The fast track for the last episodes of LYF -S2  were released today. So if you have VIP-account and bought the fast track, you can watch it on WeTV.

I litterally watched only a part of EPS 1 and some footages on facebook or Twitter. I saw one clip of Jing-XY wedding this morning. It is originally from Tiktok

Liu Yifei:

As we suspected, the ghost wedding was too delulu for even XY, so apparently she needs a real wedding to Jing.  ugh

So much happiness bought with my beautiful bloody Xiang Liu.

H19279:

The fast track for the last episodes of LYF -S2  were released today. So if you have VIP-account and bought the fast track, you can watch it on WeTV.

I litterally watched only a part of EPS 1 and some footages on facebook or Twitter. I saw one clip of Jing-XY wedding this morning. It is originally from Tiktok

Thanks. Its short anyway 

Kokuto:

As we suspected, the ghost wedding was too delulu for even XY, so apparently she needs a real wedding to Jing.  ugh

So much happiness bought with my beautiful bloody Xiang Liu.

Jing wasn't worth XL's life. I was hoping for a miracle atleast that at the they might let him live. Those will remain hopes I see. They only way for him to survive would be if someone here would write a fan fiction. We have so many writers among us. I hope someone will give him a happy ending 

Liu Yifei:

Jing wasn't worth XL's life. I was hoping for a miracle atleast that at the they might let him live. Those will remain hopes I see. They only way for him to survive would be if someone here would write a fan fiction. We have so many writers among us. I hope someone will give him a happy ending 

XL isn't giving up anything for Jing.  It's all for XY.

There's plenty of fan fiction for XL's happy ending.  But most of it is in Mandarin. :(

Kokuto:

XL isn't giving up anything for Jing.  It's all for XY.

There's plenty of fan fiction for XL's happy ending.  But most of it is in Mandarin. :(

Should have made some in English. XL shouldn't have. He will forever be a stake through my heart. It's the readers who lost XL forever