LOL, TJC’s shirt during the rehearsal was on hot search. Probably many people wanted the same incident happened again in the official gala

https://fb.watch/pirKn8xmDV/

Kokuto:

I actually am not a fan of sweet and syrupy.  I'm more of a banter or antagonistic or sizzling passion or even heartbreaking -- that's why I'm astounded that I liked LMLMV.  Though ... I do like food and eating. ;p

Yes! With the voice acting / dubbing and the singing, as well as the attractiveness, I don't think they could have cast better than Tan Jian Ci.  I also like the supporting cast, though they could have dumped those side romances and shortened the episode count.

Hidden love has good banter imo. I love passion including heartbreaking.

I am glad you liked LMLMV. It's nice finding something that can make you fill fuzzy. I envy you found something to fill the void.

Those of you hate watching it, be kind to yourself! I just couldn't stand it. Maybe someone should recommend a 'good' episode I could watch to get into it. I just listen to TJC instead. He is so perfect in it but the characters are lacking and the episode count makes it dreadful. If it's was 20, I think I could enjoy it better.

Also, started the last immortal... So far so good... 

Any of you ladies like comic? I can across ' when Jasy whistles' on webtoon. The main reminds me of XL. He makes contracts,  etc. I can't give too much away. It's based on Paraguay mythology. It's one of the better comics with proper well thought out script, dialogue and the art style is lovely. There is passion and angst and fantasy! 

I can't wait for LYF S2 and Go East. If they are smart they should release them close together!

MengXiang:
Also, started the last immortal... So far so good... 

which eps have you watched so far? If you find any frustration after eps 12, then you can skip eps 13 - 19 which is not belong to the novel content. 

Kokuto:

You too,  dear!  I'll never forget how welcoming you and others were here, and all the fun we've had in 2023.  But we're going to have a great 2024 on and off MDL!  HUGS!

Thank you Kokuto!! You’re so sweet, kind and funny. It’s a blessing to get to know you. We had so much joy and fun during the last four months of 2023, thanks to Erica who created these forums because of Tan Jian Ci ♥️

Sweetheart look at this video! Maybe someday we can meet in one of these beautiful places in Georgia 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1iDB85gu3h/?igsh=MjJkMmIyYzQxYw==

First day of the year beloveds!! 

You're all so awesome that I have been coming here every single day since August 13!! But now there are 365 days ahead so you better be readyyyy

But first, some gifts. We've been good Monalisas >:)

(๑乛◡乛๑)

HeadInTheClouds:
However, the dialogue needs to be interesting and facilitate the growing connection between the characters. I need to feel the chemistry, the attraction and the connection between the lovers. None of these exists here.

I think LMLMV was chosen by TJC with the best of intentions, I think he liked the idea of playing a character where he could use and show his vocal skills more and he also chose it as fanservice to the portion of the fandom who want him to play the first male lead in a romance-centric idol drama. In a show like this that doesn't have much plot, it all hinges on the chemistry and characterization to carry it, and the acting of course. It didn't click with me, but I think it did with a lot of his fans who really wanted to see him in this kind of ideal boyfriend who gets the girl role.

Personally, I don't really think he suits idol romance roles and I don't find him as interesting or fun to watch in that kind of presentation. I think he's better at playing edgier, dark-sided characters struggling with their morality/psychological issues. Also, as a viewer, dramas that focus primarily on romance aren't what I enjoy watching so perhaps selfishly, his upcoming projects with a couple of exceptions are becoming more incongruent with my viewing tastes. 

Now, if TJC could get some scripts like the role Zhang Linghe had in Story of Kunning Palace, that would be a decent compromise. An idol romance costume drama to please the majority of the fandom, and a character sufficiently dark and intense enough to please me. :) The whole time I was watching that show, I was thinking how TJC would've eaten that role up and made it truly something special. As eyecandy as I find Zhang Linghe, he just doesn't have the acting chops to really make a role like that reach its full potential.

atmospheres:
I think LMLMV was chosen by TJC with the best of intentions, I think he liked the idea of playing a character where he could use and show his vocal skills more and he also chose it as fanservice to the portion of the fandom who want him to play the first male lead in a romance-centric idol drama.

I agree with you on this. He can show many skills especially he can prove that he can sing traditional fusion music genre which he doesn't have much oppotunity to try in reality. 

It seems that many of us did not particularly like the drama but it scored well on some rating list. For example it was rated 8.6 in MDL (wow, the highest score that I gave to a drama was only 8.5 to some of my favourite ones). And if I remember correctly his attention data was top 3 for drama characters (some day above 9 point) 

atmospheres:
Personally, I don't really think he suits idol romance roles and I don't find him as interesting or fun to watch in that kind of presentation.

Me neither. 

atmospheres:
I think he's better at playing edgier, dark-sided characters struggling with their morality/psychological issues.

I agree with you too. I don't know what kind of character that he performed or will potrayed in the coming released dramas. I will check one by one to see if the content of the drama suit my preference. 

P/S: I could watch and finished LMLMV. 

atmospheres:
I think LMLMV was chosen by TJC with the best of intentions, I think he liked the idea of playing a character where he could use and show his vocal skills more and he also chose it as fanservice to the portion of the fandom who want him to play the first male lead in a romance-centric idol drama.

I can see why he would pick this drama; it does allow him to showcase his voice-acting and singing ability. It's a bit of a unique topic in dramaland. It's just unfortunate that the accompanying romance was so lacklustre. 

atmospheres:
Personally, I don't really think he suits idol romance roles and I don't find him as interesting or fun to watch in that kind of presentation. I think he's better at playing edgier, dark-sided characters struggling with their morality/psychological issues.

He doesn't have quite the vibe to suit the modern idol romance ML, and these stories and characters are devoid of any actual thoughtful nuances. They are the fast-food of dramaland; serve their purpose, but don't have much nutritious value.  I watch dramas mostly for entertainment and to de-stress so do enjoy these kinds of mindless dramas, but some are palatable, others not so much. I watched a few episodes of the recent WHedi and BaiLu modern drama and the stupid was too much for me to take :-). 

I can see him in a modern romance drama that leans more adult similar to his friend Han DongJun recent Fake It Till You Make It. But yes,  darker, edgier characters would be great to see from him. 

atmospheres:
Now, if TJC could get some scripts like the role Zhang Linghe had in Story of Kunning Palace, that would be a decent compromise.

I didn't like Story of Kuning Palace much because I felt that there was potential for a meaty, dark revenge drama with twisted characters that they didn't take advantage of. Instead, they went the safe, easy route and leaned into the idol romance drama tag, complete with garish-looking costumes and lighting :-). I think I was expecting too much since the trailer looked promising. 

But no doubt that TJC would have been able to do that ML justice. Zhang Linghe's acting in that was not subtle at all. You can tell from a mile away that he was up to no good. The constant glaring and bulging eyes and clenched jaws. 

Overall I hope that TJC will balance idol-ish dramas with grittier fares - I do need my mindless entertainment :-). Just hopefully they won't be as dull as Love My Voice. And more costume dramas; he looks prettier in costumes and I am shallow  ;-).

Which one of his upcoming dramas are you looking forward to? And have you heard of any other dramas that he's rumoured to be in? I see "melons" sometimes on Facebook, but don't know which ones are more likely and credible.

CEMS2001:

:0) https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8CXSnTs/

LOL and he's the one wearing a collar hahahahah

Do I have new year depression? Or Am I so bored?  why do I sometimes like to challange posts on JingYao's discussion section (the one under season 2). @nathsketch, am I seeking trouble myself?

Hahaha, however, I am quite pissed and dissapointed because they didn't give me the reply or response

Guys

.... genuine question here

....why do most Chinese novels describe sex as "being eaten"?

Almost all the novels I'm reading describes it the same way .....

The last one I read , the lady exclaimed " my boss just ate me and wiped his hands clean"

Lol

Kikinaki:

Guys

.... genuine question here

....why do most Chinese novels describe sex as "being eaten"?

Almost all the novels I'm reading describes it the same way .....

The last one I read , the lady exclaimed " my boss just ate me and wiped his hands clean"

Lol

EXCUSE ME