So, Koala posted the rumor that IMMORTALITY, the big S production BL show staring Luo Yun Xi was allegedly recut with female love lines and sent in again for an airing permit.

https://koalasplayground.com/2024/02/03/production-of-c-drama-immortality-sends-re-cut-drama-for-airing-permit-and-believes-this-time-it-will-pass-because-the-drama-has-female-leads-for-love-lines/

Now, I personally think this a wishful thinking melon, as my understanding (which could be wrong) is that the ban is against shows based off Danmei source material, not just BL shows.

That said, I'm sorting hoping it is true, as that would mean that Tencent and other producers are trying to find a way to air the shows that are already filmed, and we might eventually get Winner is King.

Kokuto:
That said, I'm sorting hoping it is true, as that would mean that Tencent and other producers are trying to find a way to air the shows that are already filmed, and we might eventually get Winner is King.

I would be actually happier with them doing something similar with Winner Is King if it involved re-editing to de-emphasize Chen Zheyuan's role (not a great actor and has some controversy recently with the battling over billing with Ju Jingyi for Sword and Fairy 4) and emphasize more TJC's role and Sun Anke's role (imo very pretty with potential). 

atmospheres:

I would be actually happier with them doing something similar with Winner Is King if it involved re-editing to de-emphasize Chen Zheyuan's role (not a great actor and has some controversy recently with the battling over billing with Ju Jingyi for Sword and Fairy 4) and emphasize more TJC's role and Sun Anke's role (imo very pretty with potential). 

Well, I haven't read the book, but my understanding, which could be wrong, is that the BL relationship is between an adoptive father and son, which seems a bit problematic to me.  So, I'm fine if they de-emphasize that, and go for the bromance and token love interest.  Though, I think the BL and book fans would very disappointed with that.  And I'm not sure if that wouldn't cut into the audience that they are hoping for.  It's a catch 22.

Kokuto:

Well, I haven't read the book, but my understanding, which could be wrong, is that the BL relationship is between an adoptive father and son, which seems a bit problematic to me.  So, I'm fine if they de-emphasize that, and go for the bromance and token love interest.  Though, I think the BL and book fans would very disappointed with that.  And I'm not sure if that wouldn't cut into the audience that they are hoping for.  It's a catch 22.

The book fans, in this particular case, can't be choosing too much. Whatever we get, it's probably going to be better than shelving it indefinitely. Also, Tan deserves this. He put so much effort into this role.

nathsketch:

The book fans, in this particular case, can't be choosing too much. Whatever we get, it's probably going to be better than shelving it indefinitely. Also, Tan deserves this. He put so much effort into this role.

I'm a book fan and I'll take whatever format they will give us. Lol. Beggars can't be choosers. ?

atmospheres:

I saw this billing story didn’t care much about but I thought about Winner is King will be impact to get out.  Do you know who was right about this billing scandal?? I watch Chinese paladin 4 and you can tell Wang Duo stole him the show even tho they were both saving this drama not many good actors there. The drama seems rather old and he seems more young  maybe one of his first project. I find him better in Hidden Love his best work so far. Anyway, neither is super talented but they’re in progress on the standard, still some really little for JJY  idk if her problems lies in the role given to her but let’s say she’s still bearable. 

Kokuto:

Wow !!! I’m definitely with you on this, they could really turned this only in friendship or one-sided admiration would be okay to me. I hope we’re going have more TJC than anything else honestly.

nathsketch:

I’m afraid they will create problem for the show if they’re not satisfied with adaptation. 

Kimiya78:
Well one of you guys here once told me to extricate myself from XL obsession pit TBH I been trying to do so far though wasn't efficient. The thing is that I even started TJC's another drama yet NADA it felt ok but just dropped it :|  Well I came here to ask for advice. Much appreciate your assistance in advance :))

If you have another favourite actor/actress then watch or re-watch their's work. 

Listening to favourite music or ost from other shows. 

For some time, I kept playing LYF sound tracks a lot but then I can go back to the ost of other dramas. Maybe this worked for me because I did not fall into the drama pit as hard and deep as you. I like digging in the novel and discuss with other people here, sharing the opinion and learning other's opinion. 

@ to all of you,

I rarely go the the main page of LYF on MDL and its comment section. Yesterday, I passed by and I was amazed that many of you are very active in the comment section too. Wow, you debate and comment there were very detail too there. Some were like an essay. 

@AH, (if you passby here), Your analysis in response to a comment whose could not understand why XL abused and punished WXL violently while he knew him as a woman was excellent. You should make a copy of it and place it in the discussion section so that other can find it or read it if they come across. In the comment section, the content is moving too fast and people hard scroll down much for searching information. 

Badgal1995:
I saw this billing story didn’t care much about but I thought about Winner is King will be impact to get out. Do you know who was right about this billing scandal??

I'll offer my little bit of knowledge while we wait for @atmosphere to provide her insights. 

I believe the agreement when the contract was signed was for JJY to be first billed. However, after the success of Hidden Love,  CZY and his team (maybe it was just his team, but can we separate the two?) went back on the original agreement and wanted co-billing.  Apparently, his image took a head due to this whole fiasco which may suggest that the netizens were not on his side.

HeadInTheClouds:

I'll offer my little bit of knowledge while we wait for @atmosphere to provide her insights. 

I believe the agreement when the contract was signed was for JJY to be first billed. However, after the success of Hidden Love,  CZY and his team (maybe it was just his team, but can we separate the two?) went back on the original agreement and wanted co-billing.  Apparently, his image took a head due to this whole fiasco which may suggest that the netizens were not on his side.

All right, I see legally speaking if the contract was concluded in this way. His company is at fault or I don't know if he was also all for it but they’re so wrong.  I find CZY looks like an adorable person/actors but who knows. Anyway as long as this scandal does not slow down the airing problem w/ Winner is King and they don’t redo something so low. I’m also hoping for Liu Xueyi drama "In Blossom" to get released asap any scandal seems like an  dragged for my awaiting show :((

nathsketch:

This is the kind of show I want:

https://m.facebook.com/groups/807434947498079/permalink/898714935036746/?refsrc=deprecated&_rdr

I love this !!!!! 

This is so hilarious hahahahah, this man is fantastic. I swear TJC could even  do an 'One man show' without being an humorist prior. His acting feels so natural in his every interpretation my goshhh.  I would love to see this movie blockbuster with him playing duals comical characters ^^

Kokuto:
Heh ... Sorry.  If I knew how to do that, I probably wouldn't still be here, talking about Xiang Liu and checking for Tan Jian Ci news countless times a day on a variety of platforms.  I haven't watched the entire drama repeatedly, but I have watched the XL/XY clip show a ton of times.  Plus I've listened to the OST for both LYF and Love Me Love My Voice, as well as Dreams on repeat, and play the FMV almost daily.

Hi.  My name is Kokuto, and I'm a Xiang Liu  / Tan Jian Ci addict.

Do you know Chinese? If yes well good for you and whoever understand Chinese unfortunately I know nothing about this language so I cannot watch those videos in Chinese. Also started LMLMV but hey again dropped it. TJC's XL is sth I seriously can't make sense of... I can't start and finish any drama. well just struggling and I'm trying to discover more facts about LYF here and bitterly preparing myself for the real trauma I'mma face when S2 is out :) I hope I can just put this habit aside for a while cuz gotta pass an important exam in a month =/

I been XL /TJC addict since the very moment I saw Xiang Liu :)

HeadInTheClouds:
Didn't I warn you? And you haven't even read the book. It's worse when you read the book.

Some of us have been here since August. I don't know if that's comforting to you or not, but at least you're not alone :-). Unfortunately, I have no advice to offer you. I asked the very same question 1 month or so ago, and here I still am :-)

Well yeah I guess you said sth about my sanity lol now I completely feel what you were talking about back then :I though started the novel afterwards XD. Actually YES it does help me reading your/ others posts here and get the feeling that I ain't alone :)

Kimiya78:
Do you know Chinese?

I legit started studying Mandarin back in May for no discernible reason, but now it's like a purpose in life :D

Kimiya78:
Do you know Chinese? If yes well good for you and whoever understand Chinese unfortunately I know nothing about this language so I cannot watch those videos in Chinese.

No, I don't know Chinese.  But the clip show is from TenCent and has subtitles in English.  Plus lots of the videos on Youtube have subtitles, you just have to turn them on.  Of course, for the dance and song videos I don't need subtitles. :)

Here's the clip shows -- they are in two parts.  They don't include all the XL parts, like the fighting, but all the scenes with XY.

https://youtu.be/FKwSqGgiPBs?si=Sr5y1DjMlrRGRvjz

https://youtu.be/uUzi75mjR4o?si=IUyFf-YDPNWKolxq

Kimiya78:
Also started LMLMV but hey again dropped it. TJC's XL is sth I seriously can't make sense of... I can't start and finish any drama.

I don't think any of Tan Jian Ci's other drama's are similar to XL, though I've enjoyed all the ones I've seen and can see bits of XL / FFB in some of his characters.

Kimiya78:
I hope I can just put this habit aside for a while cuz gotta pass an important exam in a month =/

Oh dear.  You are going to have to be strong then, and buckle down and ignore LYF and XL for a while.  It will still be there AFTER the exam.

nathsketch:

I legit started studying Mandarin back in May for no discernible reason, but now it's like a purpose in life :D

:0)