Kokuto:
Well, apparently they just screwed YaoLiu entirely in that scene, so , I'm not entirely surprised.

They are determined to downplay this relationship and yet, this ship is still getting a chunk of support.

Kokuto:
They could have gone the tried and true way of vampire / Dracula lore, and had her drink the blood from his chest.

Your head is in the gutter again, Ko :-). Or is it my head that is the problem?????

plor20:
I just really think TH is a terrible screen writer and the director herself didn't intervene which is unfortunate.

I haven't liked any of the drama where TH was the screenwriter for. I do think that censorship plays a role beyond her potential limitation as a screenwriter. Can't have our FL come across as being flighty now, can we? Made a promise to one man, but "emotionally cheating" on him.

plor20:
And XY ghost monologue, I would axed that ? out.

They didn't do it in the best way.

plor20:
In replace of the blood faucet, XL should been portrayed to pull the energy (make it red) out from his heart and tranfered it to her etc...in Wuxia, energy are always transfefed from the back, so after he finishes transfering, they both could fall next to each other, or even have her back fall in to his arms.

While shes in his arms, he can tilt her head towards him and transfere out the poison like how they did in the drama, no lips touching. It would still maintain the intimacy without any lips touching and embarrassing cgi. 

They could have XL moving flyaway hairs hair whike talking to her. Like so mamy things TH couldve wrtitten to show the intimacy that was censored out.

How XL fed XY with his natal essential blood is similar to how XY fed medicine to Jing. He tore his tongue and fed the blood through the mouth. After that he bit her to suck the toxin out. 

Blood sucking passed the censorship, feeding medicine for Jing passed the censorship. So, if they kept it as depicted in the novel, it would be likely to pass the censorship.

The production team deliberately degrade XL and XY's itimacy and inhibit the development of their affection

H19279:
The production team deliberately degrade XL and XY's itimacy and inhibit the development of their affection

And they failed spectacularly because the other ship is the only thing being inhibited now :)

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

nathsketch:

And they failed spectacularly because the other ship is the only thing being inhibited now :)

Hahahahahahahahahahhaha......my kids says...."it's a skills issue!"

nathsketch:

???????

HeadInTheClouds:

???????

In c entertainment, theres a huge emphasis on the order of actors and actresses are listed. JC being listed after Yangzi is like a passive aggressive comment on how important his role is. They didn't even bother to list Deng Wei name despite being the SML..?

plor20:

In c entertainment, theres a huge emphasis on the order of actors and actresses are listed. JC being listed after Yangzi is like a passive aggressive comment on how important his role is. They didn't even bother to list Deng Wei name despite being the SML..?

Ahhh! TJC did get billed as "special performance" I believed. It's a reflection of his standing in the industry. However,  it's also a reflection of the importance of the Xiang Liu character. He may not be the male lead like CX or the "male lead" who ended up with the female lead. But we know that he's the male lead of XY's heart :-). Without XL, LYF would not be as memorable as it is.

H19279:

And it looks like there will be more of that to come in season 2 :-(

HeadInTheClouds:

Ahhh! TJC did get billed as "special performance" I believed. It's a reflection of his standing in the industry. However,  it's also a reflection of the importance of the Xiang Liu character. He may not be the male lead like CX or the "male lead" who ended up with the female lead. But we know that he's the male lead of XY's heart :-). Without XL, LYF would not be as memorable as it is.

And it looks like there will be more of that to come in season 2 :-(

Yep! I agree!

plor20:

Yep! I agree!

Speaking of who's the actual male lead, someone posed this question on the main comment section. She's confused because she feels like XL is the male lead. Tried as they might, they still cannot sink this ship. Someone need to go out there and offer a neutral response before she get mislead.

HeadInTheClouds:

Speaking of who's the actual male lead, someone posed this question on the main comment section. She's confused because she feels like XL is the male lead. Tried as they might, they still cannot sink this ship. Someone need to go out there and offer a neutral response before she get mislead.

Lol. I just gave her my character analysis. Hope it  helps her understand  XL a little  bit more.

HeadInTheClouds:
Ahhh! TJC did get billed as "special performance" I believed. It's a reflection of his standing in the industry. However,  it's also a reflection of the importance of the Xiang Liu character.

It's also a reflection on how much they got paid. TJC got paid the most out of all the MLs, second only to Yang Zi.

atmospheres:

It's also a reflection on how much they got paid. TJC got paid the most out of all the MLs, second only to Yang Zi.

Yup. The ultimate signifier of your importance/worth in a capitalist society...

He was worth every penny, though!!!

Niki Demonix:

I mean why did they even need a dub actor for Jing all he said was "Okay"! ?‍♀️?

Found this randomly while looking for a specific post lmaoooooo

I miss Niki. Hope she comes back for season 2

nathsketch:

Found this randomly while looking for a specific post lmaoooooo

I miss Niki. Hope she comes back for season 2

Hahahhaahhahahahah. 

HeadInTheClouds:
Ahhh! TJC did get billed as "special performance" I believed. It's a reflection of his standing in the industry. However, it's also a reflection of the importance of the Xiang Liu character. He may not be the male lead like CX or the "male lead" who ended up with the female lead. But we know that he's the male lead of XY's heart :-). Without XL, LYF would not be as memorable as it is.

Well, it certainly wouldn't have been as memorable to me. ;p

atmospheres:

I had heard that.  I also heard that Tan Jian Ci also footed the bill for his studio's Xiang Liu Little Theater 18 episodes, which we've seen 9 of.  I think he was also the first to release those gorgeous Xiang Liu 'poster' images created by his studio, even before the show debuted, I think.  I think ZWY released a set for CX, but it was way after the show ended.