plor20:

Yes!!!!! The film is considered a low budget indie film. It's made 100 million in it's opening weekend which is very good! Even for Ameicna realeses and 100 mill opening weekend is considered relatively very good.

I'm guessing this is 100 million RMB and not USD. Do we know what the budget was?

Nevertheless, sounds like it exceeded expectations. Hopefully words of mouth will be strong and it will sustain a healthy runs.

HeadInTheClouds:

I was just about to write the same thing. Lol 

Who wants smallpox with a side of Prada? 

Not me. Not even for TJC. Or even for XL. Sorry my Hydra of Sexual Tension. I don't want to die 

LOL!  I'm going to have to be a slacker (but an alive) fan, again. ;p

HeadInTheClouds:

I'm guessing this is 100 million RMB and not USD. Do we know what the budget was?

Nevertheless, sounds like it exceeded expectations. Hopefully words of mouth will be strong and it will sustain a healthy runs.

I think whether it's RMB or USD, 100 mill is still an important benchmark, adjusting production costs in China.  ? ?

I don't know what is the benchmark for a low budget film in China, but a few indicators would be based on production and direction style, genre, and themes. 

plor20:

Yes!!!!! The film is considered a low budget indie film. It's made 100 million in it's opening weekend which is very good! Even for Ameicna realeses and 100 mill opening weekend is considered relatively very good.

That's the vibe I got -- a low budget indie film.  So, I think it's doing really well.  I think Tan Jian Ci said something about being surprised at the box office in one of the clips I watched.

HeadInTheClouds:

Yes, it's RMB.

It couldn't have been that large a budget.  There's zero special effects or 'epic' scenes, and there's a very small cast.

That seems to be the big concern ... whether it can hold onto to enough screens.  Plus we'll have to see how it does during the week.

I saw another clip on youtube where the audience was crying, so at least they are achieving their goal hooking the audiences emotionally.

https://www.tumblr.com/riplever/744226645203943424/review-of-lost-you-forever-s1-%E9%95%BF%E7%9B%B8%E6%80%9D?source=share

I found a review of LYF on tumblr which had some interesting takes I'm digesting.   But this leapt out at me:

Xiang Liu is massively popular in the Chinese fandom as the OTP for Xiao Yao (contrasted against Jing's popularity on tumblr). An interesting tidbit is that the drama team made character social medial accounts for them on Weibo, and these are their follower counts at this point of time in writing: 

Xiao Yao: 485k 

Xiang Liu: 461k

Cang Xuan: 384k 

Tushan Jing: 378k 

Is this true???  How have I missed this Xiang Liu weibo????

Kokuto:

https://www.tumblr.com/riplever/744226645203943424/review-of-lost-you-forever-s1-%E9%95%BF%E7%9B%B8%E6%80%9D?source=share

I found a review of LYF on tumblr which had some interesting takes I'm digesting.   But this leapt out at me:

Xiang Liu is massively popular in the Chinese fandom as the OTP for Xiao Yao (contrasted against Jing's popularity on tumblr). An interesting tidbit is that the drama team made character social medial accounts for them on Weibo, and these are their follower counts at this point of time in writing: 

Xiao Yao: 485k 

Xiang Liu: 461k

Cang Xuan: 384k 

Is this true???  How have I missed this Xiang Liu weibo????

Yep, it's true :) 

Here's his account: https://weibo.com/u/7801792660 

Kokuto:

I keep saying this but in China, Tushan Jing is irrelevant. Deng Wei may have brought some fans but the character itself isn't their favorite. Xiang Liu has always been featured on those lists for the most popular fictional character ever since his creation in 2013.

I have Tumblr but I didn't know this about Jing hahahaha how ridiculous. Thankfully I never see anything related to that nonentity in my feed.

So many leaks of Winner is King recently. Dare I hope for some kind of "drop"?

HeadInTheClouds:

So many leaks of Winner is King recently. Dare I hope for some kind of "drop"?

Yo, I saw that.

Wait let me get them.

nathsketch:

❤️

we've been praying on Facebook. hahahahaha...praying that intern accidentally will published. hahahaha.

nathsketch:

❤️

Beautiful ?. There are shades of FFB in his styling here. That first picture  - devious and naughty Gu Yun ❤️,

plor20:

we've been praying on Facebook. hahahahaha...praying that intern accidentally will published. hahahaha.

You're not the only one. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed:-)

plor20:

HeadInTheClouds:

You're not the only one. Fingers, toes and eyes crossed:-)

YES!

Dragging out the fire extinguisher and turning off the smoke detector, and lighting all the prayer candles and incense on FIRE!!!

Pluuuuuueeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssssse!!!

HeadInTheClouds:

Beautiful ?. There are shades of FFB in his styling here. That first picture  - devious and naughty Gu Yun ❤️,

Exactly!  I don't think I've seen this expression before, and I love it!  I NEED naughty Tan Jian Ci.

Also, except for the official pics, these are the clearest pics I've seen from leaks.