nathsketch:

Ughhhh this movie!! I want to watch it but they probably won't release it internationally :(

Unfortunately, chances are not high. These kind of movies are also not likely to attract international sites to provide subtitles :-(.

I'm around! Just busy studying Chinese today and tanning in the instagram chat.

HeadInTheClouds:

Are they really going to make us wait until July/August??? There has been no promotion for the second season

Sobbbing

nathsketch:

Yoooo where's everybody??

Hey ? still there just between boredom, glee and weary haha

nathsketch:

We probably have 7 more months to go, homies. 

Wowww 7 more months we still have got a long long long long wait !! I hope they’re going to release something from Tan by then I mean 2 drama would be great and not too much ask ?  Winner needs to be KING  *manifesting*

Otherwise for LYF, on one hand  I'm in a hurry seeing because I need this and on the other hand as I know what will happen I least and I say to myself the better it takes time ohmymind *^^

Badgal1995:

Hey ? still there just between boredom, glee and weary haha

Wowww 7 more months we still have got a long long long long wait !! I hope they’re going to release something from Tan by then I mean 2 drama would be great and not too much ask ?  Winner needs to be KING  *manifesting*

Otherwise for LYF, on one hand  I'm in a hurry seeing because I need this and on the other hand as I know what will happen I least and I say to myself the better it takes time ohmymind *^^

I'm pretty sure we'll get the Fireworks drama with Wang Churan before the summer.  I wouldn't hold my breath for Winner is King, though.

I'm beginning to think Tencent IS going to wait till summer for Season 2 of LYF.   Season 1 just won Tencent 2023 Professional/Business Breakthrough Award:

“A record for the highest heat index on the platform in 2023. It’s a trump card project with duel harvest of word-of-mouth & revenue” 

https://x.com/_LostYouForever/status/1751911543912952148?s=20

Emphasis mine on 'revenue.'  My understanding is that summer is the big season and the time they make the most money.  If they have S2 in the summer, they practically have a guaranteed big money making hit.

Here's what we may see this year.  Not sure about Filter or Under the Skin S2, but we should see the other ones.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1802020426938282&set=g.807434947498079

Kokuto:

Here's what we may see this year.  Not sure about Filter or Under the Skin S2, but we should see the other ones.

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=1802020426938282&set=g.807434947498079

We won't get go east in 2024. They just wraped up production in August, so give post production at least one year depending how cgi heavy it is. In addition to censorship and marketing strategies, I say mid 2025. I noticed  the LYF air about a 1 year after shooting and that in itself is a miracle, honestly they rushed it thats why the cgi in some parts (blood facet cough cough) were so bad. Haha.

Kokuto:
My understanding is that summer is the big season and the time they make the most money. If they have S2 in the summer, they practically have a guaranteed big money making hit.

Isn't Joy of Life 2 coming out in the summer as well? It will be tough competition against that show since Joy of Life would appeal to more people. 

We won't get the last three in that poster this year. Lost You Forever 2 and Love Like Fireworks are definate, IMO. Not sure what the other projects on that posters are. 

And Winner is King is nothing but a pipe dream. The one that I want the most :-(

plor20:
We won't get go east in 2024. They just wraped up production in August, so give post production at least one year depending how cgi heavy it is. In addition to censorship and marketing strategies, I say mid 2025. I noticed the LYF air about a 1 year after shooting and that in itself is a miracle, honestly they rushed it thats why the cgi in some parts (blood facet cough cough) were so bad. Haha.

Really?  I thought a year was a general time frame, barring weirdness with censors or marketing.  But yes, there were plenty of complaints about the blood faucet CGI in S1.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed for Go East.  I do loveTan Jian Ci in costume.

HeadInTheClouds:

Isn't Joy of Life 2 coming out in the summer as well? It will be tough competition against that show since Joy of Life would appeal to more people. 

We won't get the last three in that poster this year. Lost You Forever 2 and Love Like Fireworks are definate, IMO. Not sure what the other projects on that posters are. 

And Winner is King is nothing but a pipe dream. The one that I want the most :-(

Yes on Joy of Life 2, but it is a joint project for Tencent with IQiyi, I believe.  Rumor has it, that it will air early summer, like June or early July.  If so, then LYF S2, could air after it, like it S1 did, late July and early August.

1) I Miss You movie

2)Fireworks of the Heart

3) LYF S2

4) Go East

5) Filter

6) Under the Skin 2

If we don't get an air drop of Winner is King by May, we aren't getting it ... unless there's a sudden change in policy with the state censors

Kokuto:

Really?  I thought a year was a general time frame, barring weirdness with censors or marketing.  But yes, there were plenty of complaints about the blood faucet CGI in S1.  But I'll keep my fingers crossed for Go East.  I do loveTan Jian Ci in costume. 

The blood faucet was so bad. I burst out laughing while watching that scene. Talk about killing the mood. They should have kept it like in the novel - passing blood through the mouth and sucking the poison from her neck ;-). I blame censorship  >:(

Wait.  I (and apparently everyone else ) forgot about this one.  Tan Jian Ci is going to be a guest for at least one episode, and rumor had it that it will air in February.

RAIL WAY POLICE

https://mydramalist.com/728949-san-ke-shu

HeadInTheClouds:

The blood faucet was so bad. I burst out laughing while watching that scene. Talk about killing the mood. They should have kept it like in the novel - passing blood through the mouth and sucking the poison from her neck ;-). I blame censorship  >:(

Well, apparently they just screwed YaoLiu entirely in that scene, so , I'm not entirely surprised.  But at least they changed it to the blood bubbles.

Hmmmm.  I'd have been fine with him sucking the poison out of her neck, but passing blood through the mouth ... that could have easily gone wrong so many ways.  Especially given how they had XY's spirt already protesting the poison sucking when she thought he was kissing her?  SMH

They could have gone the tried and true way of vampire / Dracula lore, and had her drink the blood from his chest.

HeadInTheClouds:

The blood faucet was so bad. I burst out laughing while watching that scene. Talk about killing the mood. They should have kept it like in the novel - passing blood through the mouth and sucking the poison from her neck ;-). I blame censorship  >:(

I can't even give censorship all the credit to the terrible portrayal of the 37 years. There many ways to portray the intimacy in these years without running into issues of consent etc. Plus, if its all censorship then talk about double standard --XY feeding Jing medicine should be censored too! 

I just really think TH is a terrible screen writer and the director herself didn't intervene which is unfortunate. 

In replace of the blood faucet, XL should been portrayed to pull the energy (make it red) out from his heart and tranfered it to her etc...in Wuxia, energy are always transfefed from the back, so after he finishes transfering, they both could fall next to each other, or even have her back fall in to his arms.

While shes in his arms, he can tilt her head towards him and transfere out the poison like how they did in the drama, no lips touching. It would still maintain the intimacy without any lips touching and embarrassing cgi. 

They could have XL moving flyaway hairs hair whike talking to her. Like so mamy things TH couldve wrtitten to show the intimacy that was censored out.

And XY ghost monologue, I would axed that ? out.

Kokuto:

Well, apparently they just screwed YaoLiu entirely in that scene, so , I'm not entirely surprised.  But at least they changed it to the blood bubbles.

Hmmmm.  I'd have been fine with him sucking the poison out of her neck, but passing blood through the mouth ... that could have easily gone wrong so many ways.  Especially given how they had XY's spirt already protesting the poison sucking when she thought he was kissing her?  SMH

They could have gone the tried and true way of vampire / Dracula lore, and had her drink the blood from his chest.

The whole XY monologue was so out of touch from the novel version. It was so annoying.