We are performing scheduled database maintenance, which may cause temporary downtime. We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience.
 Kokuto:

LOL!  nathsketch is generous, but who would be so generous as to share Tan?

I mean….no.

Just no. :D

Kokuto:

LOL!  nathsketch is generous, but who would be so generous as to share Tan?

nathsketch:

I mean….no.

Are you planning on your own "psycho" version of Love Me, Love My Voice? :-D

There are 365 days in a year. 24 hours a day. Surely you can spare a day or a few hours and let the poor man out from whichever bunker you are planning on stashing him in :-).

HeadInTheClouds:

There are 365 days in a year. 24 hours a day. Surely you can spare a day or a few hours and let the poor man out from whichever bunker you are planning on stashing him in :-).

Hahahahaha noooo. No psycho behavior :)

He’ll be well-cared for hohoho >:)

nathsketch:

I mean….no.

As expected.... of anyone. ;p

HeadInTheClouds:

LOL!  Psycho version of LMLMV. heheheh

I'd say we would launch a rescue mission, but we all know whoever found him probably already has their own bunker prepared. ;p

nathsketch:

Hahahahaha noooo. No psycho behavior :)

He’ll be well-cared for hohoho >:)

OMG.

I see the puns are strong tonite.

Niki Demonix:
I haven't found a compliation with TJC yet....

I doubt there will be a compilation of Tan Jian Ci scenes from LMLMV, since he's in so much of it.

Nelly12:

I appreciated Tan's talent in Missing You - Love Me, Love Me, Love My Voice. I was first blown away when I heard Bones to Sand. To me, it was a powerful presentation that stole my heart.  

I LOVED Bones to Sand.  It is amazing.  And I love the duet with Bu Cai, Return to Me.  Actually, I love that entire OST.  But the Tan Jian Ci songs are especial favorites.  Oh, and the Qi Water song, too, which he didn't do, but I thought was so elegant.  And I also enjoyed Realm of Prosperity. 

Like I said, the entire OST.  Just fabulous.

Welcome to the thread!  I'm one of the LMLMV fans. :)

Badgal1995:
I was watching the "Ying Yang Master" and in the start they been saying an legend story about :

Humans and demons initially live together in harmony. But then an evil demon named Xiangliu, proclaimed himself to be the Demon Emperor. The nine-headed serpent seduced the demons into wreaking havoc upon the mortal world. Fortunately, Yin yang masters fought back and created a powerful weapon, The Tushan Sword omgg. I though directly about LYF no nonsense Jing is always an virus somehow in XL neck.

Jing, jing,

I did not catch that.  That has to come from Lost You Forever, the novel, right?  I mean, I don't think Tushan is connected at all to Xiang Liu in the original classic.

Does this mean that a Jing fan wrote that screenplay?  They truly are everywhere.

Kokuto:

I LOVED Bones to Sand.  It is amazing.  And I love the duet with Bu Cai, Return to Me.  Actually, I love that entire OST.  But the Tan Jian Ci songs are especial favorites.  Oh, and the Qi Water song, too, which he didn't do, but I thought was so elegant.  And I also enjoyed Realm of Prosperity. 

Like I said, the entire OST.  Just fabulous.

Welcome to the thread!  I'm one of the LMLMV fans. :)

Kokuto I met her in one drama and we’ve had really nice conversations in so many dramas. I was talking to her on Friday (I think) and I recommended it the forum

nathsketch:

Merry Christmas you thirsty ladies!

Have some gifts! Santa said we have been good girls! Debatable, but okay :D

❤️

Kokuto:

Thank you!  All the best for you and your family!

Thank you Chingu! The same to you. I hope that you have an amazing day with your family and friends ♥️❤️♥️

Kokuto:

I did not catch that.  That has to come from Lost You Forever, the novel, right?  I mean, I don't think Tushan is connected at all to Xiang Liu in the original classic.

Does this mean that a Jing fan wrote that screenplay?  They truly are everywhere.

Tushan may not connect directly to Xiang Liu in the original classics, but it's mentioned in Chinese Myth/Legend so it isn't something that Tong Hua's made up for LYF.

HeadInTheClouds:
My problem is I'm into all of those things, plus fragrances!!

I went through a handbag phase for a few years and unfortunately, amassed too unwieldy a collection so I think I'm forever set when it comes to that. :( Fragrances are my first love, though, and have been since I was very young because my mother has always been into them. My English name actually comes from a fragrance she received as a gift when she was studying abroad (from an admirer who was NOT my father, a fact which I find very funny). Btw, in the fragrance video, TJC has a little introductory spiel before he goes into the individual fragrances where he says that fragrances make good gifts and are something he personally likes to gift to people.

HeadInTheClouds:
If it's the same Salt that I have then it's by Ellis Brooklyn. Does it come in a blue bottle?

It's actually not that one. :( I don't know what brand it is because it doesn't say on the bottle. The one I have is actually kind of a marine scent with notes of cassis and fig. A different fig than Diptyque's Philosykos which is more of a green fig. Salt is not too fruity or sweet, though, and pretty unisex.

HeadInTheClouds:
A real compliment getter as you probably already know. Unfortunately, it has gone mainstream in the past 3 or so years and too many people are wearing it now. Yes, I'm a bit of a snob and don't want to smell the same as everyone else

This is why I still have half of an unfortunately large bottle sitting around, I used to wear Baccarat Rouge 540 a lot more in the past but now I hardly ever wear it anymore for this reason.

HeadInTheClouds:
What are your top 5 holy grails? The one that you would keep if you need to cull your collection.

Byredo Bal d'Afrique, Le Labo Another 13, Ex Nihilo Fleur Narcotique, Aesop Rozu, and tied for 5th place is either Glossier You (inexpensive but a real compliment getter), Byredo De Los Santos (for the same reasons that you like and use VC&A's Santal Blanc -- it's an easygoing, wearable woody fragrance that works for all occasions, but it's not smoky or too masculine) or Armani Prive Santal Dan Sha (I'm just really enjoying this one, it's a beautiful woody oriental).

You've given me a lot of ideas for my upcoming fragrance shopping list! I think I am going to take the plunge and get the Jo Malone Oud & Bergamot (TJC recommended it, in theory I like both oud and bergamot although I'm hesitant to buy Jo Malone), Ormond Jayne Levant -- this sounds right up my alley especially if it's a more citrusy version of Fleur Narcotique and I'm also very intrigued that Ormond Jayne has a perfume called Xi'an (I want to get this for the name alone), Chanel #19 and Cristelle, and having discovered that I really like the bitter orange scent of Bigarade Concentree there's a couple of other bigarade fragrances I'd like to try -- Le Labo's Bigarade 18 (definitely getting this blind buy since I know this brand and trust it) and Creed does a bigarade scent as well that I will try in-store before I commit. I'm mulling the decision of whether or not to get the Frederic Malle Uncut Gem that TJC recommended, I do really like musk warm skin-scented fragrances but his comment about it being a good one to gift a boyfriend makes me wonder if it leans more masculine than unisex, I might have to track this down in a store to smell it first.

Definitely let me know what you think of Byredo Rose of No Man's Land after you smell it, for someone like me who doesn't like rose scents I think it's probably my favorite rose scent.

And to make this post somewhat more relevant, my current state of being a TJC fan is: I miss him and miss the days when he would do long livestreams (sometimes while eating or playing with daiqiu), I'm not going to watch any more of LMLMV but will definitely check out the OST, I'm not excited about Filter and feeling kind of bad about that, I am looking forward to LYF season 2 and hoping it's sooner rather than later, I am really looking forward to Go East and excited that he's going to start filming UtS2 around June, and depending on my schedule in March maybe I'll be able to see his film with Zhang Jingyi when it comes to the theaters.

HeadInTheClouds:
I sometimes wonder why an introvert would choose to be a regular on a variety show. Variety shows, particularly the type that he's on fairly screamed extrovert energy. You have to be "on" all the time. Although he seems to be a sociable introvert as opposed to Deng Wei who comes across as shy and unsure of himself in social situations.

Yes, I think he's a sociable introvert. At first, I wasn't expecting him to renew his Hi!6 contract because I thought he'd be too busy and he hasn't been appearing regularly on the show for a while (although more frequently lately, as they are airing the spate of episodes he filmed a few months ago). However, as a career move, I think I should've expected he would renew, he's been positioning himself as a liuliang for a while now, he's upper mid-tier and I'm sure trying to break into top tier. Liuliangs are often either regular cast or appear frequently on variety shows because the whole point is to make yourself a brand, to create a fandom around you as a personal idol not just you as an actor or a singer or a dancer. For where he wants to take his career, it's the smart move. 

nathsketch:

Merry Christmas you thirsty ladies!

Have some gifts! Santa said we have been good girls! Debatable, but okay :D

I promise with all my heart that I have never imagined myself in those ARMS

.....oh such ARMS

...I really promise

atmospheres:
My English name actually comes from a fragrance she received as a gift when she was studying abroad (from an admirer who was NOT my father, a fact which I find very funny)

It is, although I'm not sure if your father would share in the mirth :-). I don't know where my love of fragrances comes from since no one in my family or friends circle has the same interest. 

atmospheres:
Btw, in the fragrance video, TJC has a little introductory spiel before he goes into the individual fragrances where he says that fragrances make good gifts and are something he personally likes to gift to people.

I'm the opposite, I avoid buying fragrances for other people. Maybe because I'm a fragrance fiend and particular about my fragrances, but whenever I receive perfume as gifts they've never worked for me. Scents are such a peculiar/individual thing that unless I know someone really well, I wouldn't buy them perfume as a present. 

atmospheres:
I'm also very intrigued that Ormond Jayne has a perfume called Xi'an (I want to get this for the name alone)

I haven't smelled Xi'an, but I have another fragrance in the same collection as Levant and Xi'an called Indus. The quality of this line is solid, IMO. They are well-blended with great sillage and longevity. I would recommend as the quality is on par with the price. Creed has a few green, citrus-dominant fragrances, but definitely smell them first as this brand is far too expensive for me to blind buy. I'll track down Not Another 13, Santal Dan Sha and Rose of No Man's Land in the next few days and let you know how I go with them.

atmospheres:
I'm mulling the decision of whether or not to get the Frederic Malle Uncut Gem that TJC recommended, I do really like musk warm skin-scented fragrances but his comment about it being a good one to gift a boyfriend makes me wonder if it leans more masculine than unisex, I might have to track this down in a store to smell it first.

Do you prefer your musk to be clean or animalistic? Malle has another musk-heavy fragrance, Musc Ravageur which leans more feminine on me, but it's actually supposed to be unisex. This one is more on the spicy side. 

My 5 Holy Grails, funnily enough, I don't wear often because they're not exactly easy to wear :

Chanel's # 19

Malle's Musc Ravageur

Robert Piguet's Fracas - the grand dame of tuberose. Opulant creaminess. Not for wallflowers

Shiseido Feminte Du Bois - if you like woody fragrance then you should give Feminite Du Bois a sniff. Uniquely singular. As the name suggests, it's a feminine wood. The Shiseido version has been discontinued, but Serge Lutens the creator brought it out under his line, although it's thinner with less contrast it still retained much of the same character

Serge Lutens' Tubereuse Criminelle - the opposite of Fracas. A green spicy tuberose that fairly smacks you in the face with the initial minty blast. A colder more unisex tuberose. 

Guerlain's Angelique Noir is creeping into the Holy Grail status.

atmospheres:
I am looking forward to LYF season 2 and hoping it's sooner rather than later, I am really looking forward to Go East and excited that he's going to start filming UtS2 around June, and depending on my schedule in March maybe I'll be able to see his film with Zhang Jingyi when it comes to the theaters.

I'm looking forward to season 2 of LYF, but dread it at the same time because of the outcome for his character, whom I'm entirely too attached to :-). I'm much more interested in his costume dramas like Go East, except for Under the Skin 2 since I love a good crime drama.