Kokuto:
So, I was looking up what Yudanzi meant, and found this Fox roasting article which mentioned Yudanzi. But it also talked about the sexual tension between XY and XL:

The reason why Xiang Liu's love is so advanced is that it has sexual tension throughout. Blood sucking, eye pulling, body contact, every frame is discharging. Then as a control group, when Tu Shanjing and the heroine are in the same frame, not only is there a lack of sexual tension, but also a strong feeling of mother-child affection. Especially the male second leaned on the female lead's body many times, with a weak look, and a proper sense of mother and child. The male second has been looking for masculine dignity in the heroine, but Xiang Liu never needs to find masculinity in the heroine. He is a hydra full of sexual tension.

https://inf.news/en/entertainment/bf0c1b7ea4c4233eb721bc597ecaa1af.html

I'm really amazed that no one has called Xiang Liu a "Hydra of Sexual Tension" before. I mean, it was writhing RIGHT THERE. lol

Also, bonus points for 'eye pulling.' :)

Dead at the idea that an advanced love is the one with sexual tension.

Double dead at the "Hydra of Sexual Tension" :-)

And what on earth is "eye pulling"? I got the blood-sucking and so on, but did I miss something?

I'm guessing there are some language barriers here, but yeah, love without sexual tension/attraction is just friendship. Pretty apt for YaoJing since Xiao Yao wanted a companion and she got one in the end. Tong Hua didn't even let them consummate their marriage, for goodness sake. She couldn't make it any clearer unless she spelled it out.

I just woke up and the first thing I read on this fine Tuesday morning is Hydra Full of Sexual Tension

Ok then. I suppose I should go sleep for some 15 minutes more. :D

Eye pulling hahahahah

What does that even mean?

Is it like a synonym for xiangliuling? :D

Kokuto:
Also, bonus points for 'eye pulling.' :)

nathsketch:

What does that even mean?

Is it like a synonym for xiangliuling? :D

It means Xiang Liu pulls your eyes toward him of course XD

You see how XY's eyes were "pulled" toward XL/FFB? XY kept staring at him. She wasn't even subtle about it ahahahaha

pomelotree:

I only have the facebook link 

https://www.facebook.com/1338995760/videos/261420609909045?idorvanity=374673724446311

Actually I am not sure if its really him speaking in English. His actions and body movement in the English vs Mandarin version are identical, as if the Eng version was dubbed over? I didn't scrutinize for long but from the snippets I saw it seemed that way. Then again, his lip movement matches the English pronunciation. And it is his low sexy voice. I am so confused. Need to watch the video more carefully when I have time. 

Edit: another short clip of him speaking some good English

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=216357288039567

Dayumm. Is it just me or do you guys also think his voice sounds even deeper when he speaks in English? I replayed that second video a bunch of times now. He speaks with a swag in his voice lol

Elise:

Dayumm. Is it just me or do you guys also think his voice sounds even deeper when he speaks in English? I replayed that second video a bunch of times now. He speaks with a swag in his voice lol

I agree. But that’s apparently AI.

His voice becomes something else when he speaks in English. The very Valentino line is still stuck in my brain after a month.

Elise:

I think so too.

nathsketch:

His voice becomes something else when he speaks in English. The very Valentino line is still stuck in my brain after a month.

The second link is him, I think.  It's not very clear, though, cause of the crowd.  And as you said, there's also "It's very Valentino" line, which is deep and smooth.

HeadInTheClouds:
Dead at the idea that an advanced love is the one with sexual tension.

Double dead at the "Hydra of Sexual Tension" :-)

And what on earth is "eye pulling"? I got the blood-sucking and so on, but did I miss something?

I'm guessing there are some language barriers here, but yeah, love without sexual tension/attraction is just friendship. Pretty apt for YaoJing since Xiao Yao wanted a companion and she got one in the end. Tong Hua didn't even let them consummate their marriage, for goodness sake. She couldn't make it any clearer unless she spelled it out.

It seems pretty clear to me ...  and completely missed by others.  SMH

Yes, I think most of the "articles" on that site are auto translated, so some of the word choices (advanced love and eye pulling) may not be confusing and not entirely correct.  I believe eye pulling is what Elise said -- a magnetically attractive sight, can't keep your eyes off him, etc.

New addition to XL's title.  Our supreme lord, Xiang Liu, hydra of sexual tension.

I love how the YaoLiu forum is subtly roasting that fox with actual evidence from the book :)

Elise:

I love how the YaoLiu forum is subtly roasting that fox with actual evidence from the book :)

Oh, an educated roasting makes the best kind of barbecue!

Elise:

nathsketch:

Oh, an educated roasting makes the best kind of barbecue! 

There are more to come. I've been pulling my punches with the Jing character, but you know what, he's fictional and I'll critique him based on what's written.  If you actually read and comprehend the novel, it's pretty darn clear what a spineless man Jing is. The gloves are definitely off. 

HeadInTheClouds:

There are more to come. I've been pulling my punches with the Jing character, but you know what, he's fictional and I'll critique him based on what's written.  If you actually read and comprehend the novel, it's pretty darn clear what a spineless man Jing is. The gloves are definitely off. 

Go go go! It's about time someone took their gloves off!

nathsketch:

Yes, the video of him with that slight British accent is definitely AI. It sounds off.

Kokuto:
The second link is him, I think. It's not very clear, though, cause of the crowd. And as you said, there's also "It's very Valentino" line, which is deep and smooth.

I think the second link is really him as well. It sounds like his real voice when he's speaking in Chinese and Amber Liu doesn't sound modified either.

HeadInTheClouds:

There are more to come. I've been pulling my punches with the Jing character, but you know what, he's fictional and I'll critique him based on what's written.  If you actually read and comprehend the novel, it's pretty darn clear what a spineless man Jing is. The gloves are definitely off. 

nathsketch:

Go go go! It's about time someone took their gloves off!

I'm looking forward to this! The gloves are off. Time for a major roasting >:)