ANNOUNCEMENTS
Please let us know - either in the forum or by dm to the JDC Profile if you have a dorama of the month. To watch at the same time with the rest and share impressions in the forum or feed. ^-^ 

Please be aware, that the mascot (JDC) only checks in at random intervals - so behave and be nice to each other!

WELCOME TO THE UNOFFICIAL JAPANESE DORAMA CLUB!

We  hope that you join, send in suggestions for the club (acitivties) and will actively support the club (or just use the badges / banners on your profile pages). 

The purpose? 
Dorama are underrepresented (or it feels like it) on the feeds.
 And this club aims to change that.
Sure, we all know that gaining access to them can be a challenge, but it doesn't change that for a lot of us,
dorama were the first drama we watched coming from East Asia.
Or maybe you are one of those who just stumbled over one on Viki, started studying Japanese because of e.g. J-Pop, or wanted to see real life action after some Anime? (clichés over clichés). 

Whatever your reason:
this is a place to unite us, to feel part of a club, to create awesome banners for our profiles and to just exchange our love for and information about dorama (called j-drama on this site).
So use the comment section to share what you are currently watching, what genre it is, and why you (dis)like it? (Beware the spoiler rule)

WHAT TO USE THIS FORUM FEED FOR
  • Suggestions about dorama (please elaborate why you rec) also about waht the monthly dorama should be (for watching together)
  • Replying to inquires about recs  
  • Exchange feelz about what you are watching
  • your current watching lists
  • badges / banners you created
  • declaring that you want to be a member
  • sharing links to your feed posts or articles etc. about dorama 
  • and of course: welcoming new members (everyone who is a club member can join in that)
IF YOU HAVE SUGGESTIONS & IDEAS:
  • For the club:
    dm me or the mascot
  • For the profile of the mascot:
    dm me or the mascot
    A memo board will be added to the JDC profile page as well collecting the ideas visual for all
  • you are unsure and want input about your idea? Use the feed but please remember to get back to topic soon and make sure no one's question perishes in the discussion

Check this front page for updates or announcements
*Also please be aware that everything can be changed. If you feel that something is unpractical or should be implemented in a different way let me know* 

HOW DO I BECOME A MEMBER?

Just say that you want to be one.
It is an easy going club too, you don't have to actively participate or create banners or share information about oldies and upcoming dorama. You can just check in here now and then and see if something catches your eye. If you have suggestions for the club (activities) let us know. As soon as you are a member, you can also shape this club with everyone else.
If you are however creative, go ahead create banners.

? You can also befriend the mascot (scroll to the end of the post)?
it will post silly stuff in the feeds, there are lists, overview of recs etc. on its profile 

ARE THERE RULES? 

Yes.  
Be civil. Don't insult each other and respect that everyone has different tastes.
Racism is not an opinion. Homophobia is not an opinion.
Agree to disagree is reserved for things like "I don't like coffee".
Warn before you spoil or hide the spoiler all together.
Keep to the topic of the club.

If you can follow those you are more then welcome here.

ARTICLES THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU 

MEMOBOARD

Ideas so far for which would be glad for links etc. to pin here in the description of the club

• Articles about dorama (let's keep it to maybe general stuff about genres as a guide?)
  • Watchlists (maybe compilations like the most romantic or iconic ones
  • Maybe a "Drama of the Month" theme + discussion (with spoiler tags) for those that have not seen it  (thank you old_anime_lady) <- pilot phase started for this one ? 
  • posting about cw dramas.. in the feeds? Chiha pls elaborate :D
  • There already is a watchparty club specifically for jdramas with a discord server. We will see how and if that can be integrated here (at least as an info starting point) (RandomUsagi informed us about that one, thx!
  • Infopoint about currently airing dorama (thx Normie92)
  • @laia I am gonna go through your well organized suggestions in the coming days and make a plan! 

BANNER COLLECTION*
Contributors to be shown much love: @Mon & @Chiha & @Normie92 
(who are all not responsible for the really first one, so don't blame them for that green 90s monster)
*These can be used on your profile pages if you want ^-^ & there are more on the profile page of the JDC mascot

BADGES COLLECTION*
Contributors to be shown much love: @Chiha & @Mon &  @Moonchild
*These can be used on your profile pages if you want ^-^

*gasp* what is this?
And empty space?
∑(O_O;)
Imagine! Your badge
creation could be
displayed here!
(¬‿¬ )

Iwata Takanori
Kaya Kiyohara
Hamabe Minami
Kamishiraishi Mone
Machida Keita
Satoh Takeru
Aragaki Yui
Yukie Nakama
Aragaki Yui

OUR Mascots and Profile "JDC"

It is work in progress but under (↓ click the icon)

you can find our clubs profile here on MDL.
There will be Watchlists, recs and other stuff added to it over the coming weeks.

Last but not least - if you have any ideas, feedback or complaints - let me know
via the club profile ^-^

Itterasshai
いってらっしゃい
m(_   _)m

I'd love to join! :)

It honestly didn't even occur to me that there wasn't a club for Japanese dramas yet. Thank you for taking the initiative. 

I post as much dorama as I can, but I am just 1 old lady, if you'd have me I would like to join

Old_Anime_Lady:

I post as much dorama as I can, but I am just 1 old lady, if you'd have me I would like to join

Of course & welcome! I was hoping that you would :D The last couple of months I tried to follow those in the feeds (in my waking hours) who watched dorama and were interested in Japanese movies as well.  Since there is no following option here and just the friend adding, which some of those who posted made rightfully clear was only for those they interacted with a lot, I kept a list of names on a post-it. It would be nice to have a knowledge hub somewhere, and maybe this club will become one ^-^ 

So what would you like me to do? Link articles, and what I am watching?  
Will we have a discord channel?
Excited and OFC 日本は最高です
Also my friends feed feels like the Japanese feed so I never really noticed.

Hi!! Can I join? //>/_/<//

Just saw this on the feeds and I'd be so happy to participate in this. I mostly watched japanese movies and I'd only been watching tokusatsu shows for a few years until this year when I finally completed a good number of jdramas and I also started to become more active in the feeds :').

Even so, I'm pretty active in MDL, as I usually like to organise my lists, watchlist or whatever lol. Therefore, I'd love to help here so that this club can become an official one :D

I want to join but I've been blocked by OP...???

TimiZero:

oh noes Timi! what did you do?

Old_Anime_Lady:

oh noes Timi! what did you do?

I'm not sure, but there were couple of times some random people did block me because of my random arguments on feeds...maybe OP is one of those...i don't know....haha

Old_Anime_Lady:

So what would you like me to do? Link articles, and what I am watching?  
Will we have a discord channel?
Excited and OFC 日本は最高です
Also my friends feed feels like the Japanese feed so I never really noticed.

Go ahead and share, articles especially but current watching is also a good idea. I don't want this to be an autocratic club - the members can and should shape it as well ^-^ 

laia:

Hi!! Can I join? //>/_/<//

Just saw this on the feeds and I'd be so happy to participate in this. I mostly watched japanese movies and I'd only been watching tokusatsu shows for a few years until this year when I finally completed a good number of jdramas and I also started to become more active in the feeds :').

Even so, I'm pretty active in MDL, as I usually like to organise my lists, watchlist or whatever lol. Therefore, I'd love to help here so that this club can become an official one :D

Yeah! Nice to read you ^-^ and welcome new member !
I was thinking of adding a list with useful article  & watchlist links in the description, if you (or anyone else reading this) have anything that you think should be mentioned there, let me know! 

TimiZero:

No matter if I blocked you - and I don't remember why I did it - you can still join the club. You fulfilled the application necessity of stating your will to join so everything is fine as long as you adhere to the rules.
So welcome to the JDC ^-^

I watched movies more but this is interesting.

kdoramalama:

I'd love to join! :)

It honestly didn't even occur to me that there wasn't a club for Japanese dramas yet. Thank you for taking the initiative. 

Welcome! And I hope I am doing this right :D 

Ok I write All Japanese articles so  here is a link to all of them over the past 4  years I have been here
https://mydramalist.com/profile/OldAnimeLady/articles
Currently watching
https://mydramalist.com/16585-juhan-shuttai