@ Xien_Rue

To add to that, he looks exhausted and as shy, reserved as he is (in the BTS) am sure being in the constant spotlight for one role that has ended will just affect his future prospects especially if he will have fans starting to "own" him.

If those words were enough to get rid of the toxic fans then I think he  would be better served without "fans" like that. 

The character Sifeng, as awesome as he is, is just a character. The actor Cheng Yi deserves all the praise for his portrayal of that awesome character but I would never presume that the actor is anything like the character. Sometimes people forget that. 

I wish him well in his career, he deserves it for how talented he is. 

I will not, however, obsess about his private life, or ship him with any of his co-stars because frankly that's none of my business. His job is to make me believe the story his is telling, my job as the viewer is to see how well the story was told, appreciate it and then move on. 

@Eclipse02

Glad to hear that you think the same. I hope this fiasco does not affect his work in Meng Xin Chang An. And most of all, please don't let this fiasco pending the release of his future drama. He has so little amount of project before L&R. And I am in hunger to see his craft. My only option is only wait for his finished drama to be released as soon as possible.

By the way, looking on Xiao Zhan tragedy with AO3, perhaps this is a good thing for Cheng Yi to weeded out toxic fans. Honestly, his rising popularity made me nervous for a while. Because I see that his fans starts behaving more and more irrational.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qw-pMCVicsw

In this video the Chinese journalist comments on the musical concert. (It has subtitles). P.S: Everyone saw what really happened.

Xien_Rue

32 minutes ago

Just found out this fiasco this morning. I was in the middle of my working hour, so this news really mess up my work rhythm a bit. I am sad that Cheng Yi got lots of heat out of this. But somehow I can understand why he did what he did. Lots of fans are unable to separate the actor with the character. This is a big problem when the fans turn to bash any actress that collaborate with him else than Yuan Bing Yuan. He has lots of drama lines up and this kind of obsessive cp fans are not favorable. Doused those fans with cold water is in order, no matter how valuable their support currently. (...............................)

(Your post is wonderful. It gives me hope that everything will end well for both. I really enjoyed what you left me about being a loyal fan and realizing the situation. Also when you spoke about Cheng Yi's personality (he is not an idol personality. He is professional and serious.).

Thank you very much for your post.

P.S: Like in his last interview on you tube (someone says he has charm. And he says; "nowhere charm.")

Finally got around to the full video of the show lol

I agree with @Xien_Rue this is some usual c-ent professionalism speech CY was going for 

It may come off as cold to others but the point is to make it clear that he's an actor and SF is one of the many characters he has played (and performed well in). 

The thing about c-ent that I've observed is that solo stans of an actor or actress have better rep than cp fans (esp the few that are noticeably too much). CY is not the only actor that has shown to try to stir away from coupling with a co-star from fans. 

Some fans are aware that promoting the other dramas and not LaR as much was a business strategy by the company so it's the usual business thing going on. Some folks are blowing this up more and I hope the cast gets through this whole ordeal. 

Someone asked if live shows are common, they're more on the middle line: neither that common or that rare. Really depends on the broadcast company and other factors 

Hoping all the cast gained success. I enjoy watching their singing performances 

Ayla Flower:

I will add just one and last comment about yesterday's situation (and this is enough): 

They both acted the same, I didn't see the difference, she didn't demonstrate any interaction as well as he, no attempts to communicate or look at the partner as well. They both were wrong. 

I don't think it will have impact on their careers, all will be depend on the quality of the next projects. 

I also don't think that there is not the chance to get next collaboration. It's a business. Nobody knows what will happen in 1-2 years. 

I also don't see any tragedy here, because the drama L&R is perfect, nothing can change it, nobody can ruin it,  and I'm happy to have it in my list!))

Maybe i adore SF and XJ character too much.. well, if you asked me.. my story will be like this:

what i can see the difference is CY too obvious avoid XJ.. you can see when she stand still.. he will walk little bit 1 or 2 step back...

dunno why reason. it is still mystery..

This is the 1st live show after 10day series just ended and they just showing the attitude of "Enemy on the stage"..  Is this a tragedy on the real TV of forbidden love?

For sure ppl who adore SF and XJ character will be angry? mad? sad?

I think some fans might come directly to the TV stations or waiting in front the hotel or TV  station just to see their favorite actor and actress.. and some more to watch the live streaming they had pay the VIP on youku....

Yesterday 8pm, i was eagerly to watch the 1st time live show after show ended.. 

"Wah, 1st time live show after 10 days.. hmmm... must be nice.. all songs will be release" my thought, my wishful think.

I went in to Youku.com website, the video show black. I am unable to watch.. It was restricted "Only  for those who pay can watch".. Then I saw the chat group.. many ppl shout "Refund refund refund", "where is YBY".. 

I was wondering.. "what happen? what happen? why so many ppl not happy? why many ppl request for refund?" then i asked in the spoiler group.. what happen why suddenly many people not happy.. 

I thought the series was success.. great story.. great collaboration.. great directed.. everything great.. actor and actress were awesome... BTS were awesome.. chemistries were awesome too.. thumb up and BIG applause for their hardwork.. 

Their CP is number 2 now. Number 1 is "UnTamed". That means the series is huge success. What is fans thought? It is means celebration for all their hard-work or maybe another collaboration.

Since i cannot watch, i only can read those people commented that CY and YBY were avoiding contact, did not talk, distance each other..

Then someone share a clip of the event and few photo where they gathering.. Well I can see both were distancing each other.. well i cannot comment till i saw it myself.  so i hope next morning, i able to see the full video.. 

So next morning, suddenly on my youtube pop up the full video of the last night show.. 

Wow.. I was so happy then i watch it.. it was 2 hour show..  Wow.. it was really a big dissappointment.. 

Now, I know why many ppl requested for refund and asked where is YBY..

The show was a  mess. It was not as fans expectations as for the 1st gathering for success series that ended just 10 days..

hmm I was wondering.. Why they need to show this kind of attitude? Why they showing they were distancing ("enemy on the stage") and  "Good Bye SF, Good Bye XJ Forever"? So does this mean farewell both CP?  Kill the CP, when the CP just hot and get famous? I really do not understand..

If it is this show that going to present.. better don't do the event...
Just told to the fans "Sorry, all actress actor busy with the schedule." "No further plan" rather than showing us the "Enemy on stage" ....

Anyway,  I receive a BIG slap on my face... 

A time to wake up to reality.. CY is not SF,  YBY is  Not XJ.. a past is a past.

I adore Xing Zhao Lin and Liang Jie, Zhang Zhen Han and Ju Jing Yi.. They are great in CP..

I know also Liang Jie has her own fiance.. Xing Zhao Lin also 3 years younger than her.. but they appreciate the fans feeling. We also did not force them to become real couple.. 

hahahaha :D

Anyway, I wish and hope the best for YBY and CY.. 

Time to move on.. 

Maybe no impact for them, not so sure.. but impact on me is time to wake up, back to reality. change series with a great CP liaoo...

hahaha :D

sorry for long posting.. hahahaha :D

Dashmount20, ohh, you sound so disappointed that I'd support you instead of the actors, really) you was so in love with the drama and very responsive to us, please save good memories about this time) it was just a bad day, today or tomorrow definitely will be better ;-)

Stay positive and healthy :-)) 

Ayla Flower:

Dashmount20, ohh, you sound so disappointed that I'd support you instead of the actors, really) you was so in love with the drama and very responsive to us, please save good memories about this time) it was just a bad day, today or tomorrow definitely will be better ;-)

Stay positive and healthy :-)) 

yea.. now i really need tissue paper.. hahaha :D

and i also need new series with great CP.. anyone can recommend?

Poor guy, it seems like CY is a serious actor, that is not in it for CP. I hope in future he get to do more roles with little or less romance then there will no CP fandom.

0olongtea:

Poor guy, it seems like CY is a serious actor, that is not in it for CP. I hope in future he get to do more roles with little or less romance then there will no CP fandom.

then he need to do role without romance lorr...

Dashmount20:

then he need to do role without romance lorr... 

BL lor.

caDAVEr:

BL lor.

like TS and QL.. that one not bad idea...  hmmm

Dashmount20:

yea.. now i really need tissue paper.. hahaha :D

and i also need new series with great CP.. anyone can recommend?

Quoting this post as the other is too long for quotation xD

I understand your sentiments for coupling as I've been there before

Not sure if you like Taiwanese dramas, but I enjoy watching the cute scenes of Autumn Concerto.

Someday or One Day is a good thriller romance. Also Taiwanese

https://mydramalist.com/1481-my-bratty-princess is a decent ancient drama watch (not sure if they got subs as this is an older drama)

Eimae:

Quoting this post as the other is too long for quotation xD

I understand your sentiments for coupling as I've been there before

Not sure if you like Taiwanese dramas, but I enjoy watching the cute scenes of Autumn Concerto.

Someday or One Day is a good thriller romance. Also Taiwanese

https://mydramalist.com/1481-my-bratty-princess is a decent ancient drama watch (not sure if they got subs as this is an older drama)

Hahaha... I just wake up too early. hahaha now need to watch many series to overcome.. hahaha :D

i have watch.. Autumn concerto and my Bratty Princess

Someday or One day.. will check it out.. 

thanks

Dashmount20:

like TS and QL.. that one not bad idea...  hmmm 

You see dramas like Untamed, no issues like this.