pinksprings01:

Yeah there’s a similar casting, the supporting cast of MXCA is pretty much the same as L&R. 

It's a bad strategy to broadcast it this year with all those similar cast. They need to wait a few months in my opinion. Even if there is a lot of competition,  if it's good, people will watch.

LovelyLady:

It's a bad strategy to broadcast it this year with all those similar cast. They need to wait a few months in my opinion. Even if there is a lot of competition,  if it's good, people will watch.

They are competing with very anticipated IP, it's going to be hard. 

But H&R has very bad marketing strategy lol, too many repetitive from L&R to PofCA to MXCA, at least 6-8 ppl. Lol 

ChuXuanJi:

It's also weird that they promote MXCA when now is airing TPoC. Can't get their marketing idea haha. I hope CY is not negatively affected by those strange strategy. 

MXCA also has similar casts?

I think it's just that they don't want them to compare Cheng Yi's off-screen interaction and the new female protagonist with the off-camera interaction with Cristal Yuan.

0olongtea:

SF's golden wings are just epic!! I really like watching the fighting scenes in Luli partly because of his golden wings. <3333

Indeed.

eliteles1:

I think it's just that they don't want them to compare Cheng Yi's off-screen interaction and the new female protagonist with the off-camera interaction with Cristal Yuan. 

lol yesterday was a funny day. Lots of L&R fans gathered at Dating in the Kitchen fan meeting weibo and expressed their jealously.  Tencent really know how to promote their series unlike Youku. 

LovelyLady:

L&R won the IFF's 4th Internet Film Festival's most popular drama awards.

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4554160031405334 

Thank you, I just saw the video through the link you provided. (Was this video before the screenwriter received the award, aired there on the day? Or is it an edition that the person who released the news made? If it was (they should have used the drama music, and not used the music of TMoPBlossons). I believe she is the screenwriter receiving the award, she is young and mentions the characters of Xuanji and Si Feng (the only words I understood in her speech).
 Minnieee33:

lol yesterday was a funny day. Lots of L&R fans gathered at Dating in the Kitchen fan meeting weibo and expressed their jealously.  Tencent really know how to promote their series unlike Youku. 

A healthy jealousy from what I understand, because they were complaining because Youki/H&R does not make a pleasant and coherent event like tencent does. It is ? P.S: My account on weibo was damaged (I don't know), I entered it via the QR code, and now someone else's name has appeared (my account does not appear), nor have I tried to enter this way again.
 eliteles1:
A healthy jealousy from what I understand, because they were complaining does not make a pleasant and coherent event like tencent does. It is ? P.S: My account on weibo was damaged (I don't know), I entered it via the QR code, and now someone else's name has appeared (my account does not appear), nor have I tried to enter this way again.

Oh I don't know, can't help you there. 

Minnieee33:

Oh I don't know, can't help you there. 

Alright ! I have to settle for not being able to log in anymore, I can only watch weibo videos, on weibo.com (because I don't need to log in). 

ChuXuanJi 

1 hour ago

pinksprings01:

Yeah there’s a similar casting, the supporting cast of MXCA is pretty much the same as L&R. 

Oh No! Really hope they reconsider this strategy for CY's future projects. 

(
I thought having a similar cast would be a problem (but having watched L&R) and watching TPoC, I see that when the actors are good (it's like a winning football team), they have more sync and chemistry with each other (for example the friendship of Si Feng and Brother Liu, the friendship of Si Feng and Wu Zi Qi), it was so touching, I think it is partly because they know each other well. I don't forget Wu Zi Qi's tears for his friend Si Feng when he was being wounded by Xuanji's sword (he argued with his friend and said: "If you want to die, then I won't stop", but with tears in his eyes. (Talented actors make us believe in their characters. And if they already know each other, even better.) This company is small, has a defined group of actors, and sometimes they add another one from outside in a drama. )

Similar cast is a problem when they appear in dramas that are broadcast successively. It is not the acting  that is being questioned but the character they played is still vivid in people's memory. On top of that, these are costume dramas and it can be confusing. For me, the FL in TPOCA is still in my head Madame Dongfang, the same for the others.

If MXCA airs now, I would see them as Sifeng and Linglong, they left a good impression on viewers. The time between the two dramas is too short to readjust.
The actors /actresses work will be a waste because it'll be difficult for the characters in their new drama to leave a lasting memory and their acting skills can be underestimated by seeing them successively , without a break, in the same genre.

It can get tiring to see the same cast in every Chengyi drama. I hope for him that he can play in other non homemade dramas, with other artists.

LovelyLady:

Bingyan's photoshoot for Cosmopolitan:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4554138425493530

I love it. She's beautiful. 

Another new photoshoot of her:

https://m.weibo.cn/detail/4553103946554046

She’s so beautiful 

LovelyLady:

Similar cast is a problem when they appear in dramas that are broadcast successively. It is not the acting  that is being questioned but the character they played is still vivid in people's memory. On top of that, these are costume dramas and it can be confusing. For me, the FL in TPOCA is still in my head Madame Dongfang, the same for the others.

If MXCA airs now, I would see them as Sifeng and Linglong, they left a good impression on viewers. The time between the two dramas is too short to readjust.
The actors /actresses work will be a waste because it'll be difficult for the characters in their new drama to leave a lasting memory and their acting skills can be underestimated by seeing them successively , without a break, in the same genre.

It can get tiring to see the same cast in every Chengyi drama. I hope for him that he can play in other non homemade dramas, with other artists.

The company only use their own talents and their talent pool is so small. I think I need at least half a year to adjust haha. 

Or at least change it to a modern drama.

Minnieee33 

The company only use their own talents and their talent pool is so small. I think I need at least half a year to adjust haha. 

Or at least change it to a modern drama.

Yang Mi's company is also like that (Direba, Vengo Gao and Vin Zhang, and Yang Mi itself) I get tired of seeing them together just changing roles. Except that sometimes she as the owner of the company changes the protagonist male partner who will act as her love in the story (Ethan Huan, Huan Shialming, Deng Lun, Willian Chan). I have never seen anyone have so much opportunity to be the main protagonist than she (she owns the company). P.S: Cheng Yi doesn't have that chance. He has to take advantage of the opportunities that this company gives him. Because (despite the mistakes), this company was the one that saw and believed in his potential.

P.S: And the Chinese government keeps getting in the way of them doing fantasy drama !! (Do not disturb, please, the fantasy ones are the best). And I want to see Cheng Yi on "Spring Banquet" as soon as possible.