3naVIP:

Hi! Thank you so much for this...I have to ask you about the significance of the MIRROR that was given as a dowry to LJT by HBY? Can you please tell me why it is being emphasized in the drama? Thank you...

This is what I heard. I don't think it was stressed in the novel. Traditionally, bronze mirrors are often kept in homes to ward off evil spirits. Once they have served their purpose, they are usually discarded. It's bad juju. The fact that HBY gave it as a dowry gift is a slap in the face. It could imply that she is an evil spirit and being warded off.

Second? Ah so far behind..

I see.. some said LBY novel and drama is different. Maybe it's necessary tone down his character a bit cause it's viewership coverage.

corriander:

Second? Ah so far behind..

I see.. some said LBY novel and drama is different. Maybe it's necessary tone down his character a bit cause it's viewership coverage.

Don't quote me. If it happened post time skip I think I would've remembered it. I vaguely recall a violent kiss. I just don't remember when it happens. I know their kisses in the novel were extremely passionate. It is like reading borderline erotica. One day I will reread it. Lots of speculation on the reason. Censorship, directorial choices, time constraints. The truth is, probably a mix of everything. Still waiting to see if the rumored director's cut will happen. Then maybe we will get a lot more scenes true to the novel. 

QiYeYin:

Basically he said "go look at yourself" lol. And bronze mirror is believed to ward off evil. 

Thank you... Really grateful for all your efforts 😁.. Hope to see your comments on another drama.. 

SpicyLime:

Yep. Just like what you suggested. I'm going to slowly update this until I think I got the main points across <3

Thanks for these translations and novel/drama comparisons. Man, they sound so dysfunctional in the novel.

Were you going to add the translations for 4 extra chapters/epilogues soon? 

SpicyLime:

This is what I heard. I don't think it was stressed in the novel. Traditionally, bronze mirrors are often kept in homes to ward off evil spirits. Once they have served their purpose, they are usually discarded. It's bad juju. The fact that HBY gave it as a dowry gift is a slap in the face. It could imply that she is an evil spirit and being warded off.

Ouch...I heard that there are 4 extra chapters/epilogue...I hope you have the time to translate it...Thank you again for your hard work...

Patti Boo:

Thanks for these translations and novel/drama comparisons. Man, they sound so dysfunctional in the novel.

I have a general idea of what happens in each chapter but I want to skim through them again really quick. I'll probably get started on it later or tomorrow. 

SpicyLime:

I have a general idea of what happens in each chapter but I want to skim through them again really quick. I'll probably get started on it later or tomorrow. 

Thank you again... Can I ask a favor can you post here a link of the novel especially the extra 4 chapters? I'll try my luck with Google translate BUT will still be waiting for your interpretations of course 😁

3naVIP:

Thank you again... Can I ask a favor can you post here a link of the novel especially the extra 4 chapters? I'll try my luck with Google translate BUT will still be waiting for your interpretations of course ?

Absolutely. I included a list of some of my memorable chapters below, if you don't want to read the whole thing.

Google Translated Novel:

https://www-tianyashuku-com.translate.goog/yq/10696/?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en

Epilogue Chapters:

Just run this through google translate.

There are four chapters and the layout is not as friendly as the novel link I provided. Keep in mind chapter 3 and 4 includes what happens after the novel. Chapter 1 and 2 just fill in more details of what happens during the novel. Keep in mind that Extra Chapter 1 starts as chapterid=8. It ends on chapterid=11.

http://www.jjwxc.net/onebook.php?novelid=1710991&chapterid=8

List of some of the chapters:

Chapter 23 – Lantern Scene.

Chapter 56 – They are finally interacting and talking about their past.

Chapter 75 – LBY admonishes third princess and CSS is moved to tears.

Chapter 82 – Consort Yue Smack Down

Chapter 83 – CSS resolves to treat LBY better.

Chapter 99 – LBY tells CSS she is free to leave the palace.

Chapter 101 – LBY gets beaten for CSS.

Chapter 116 – CSS talks about having babies.

Chapter 133 – LBY bites CSS.

Chapter 148 – CSS finds out Empress Dowager Xuan asked LBY to return to the Capital.

Chapter 163 – LBY begs CSS not to be cruel.

Chapter 166 - Yuan Shen engagement broken off.

Chapter 173 - Finally reconcile.

3naVIP:

Ouch...I heard that there are 4 extra chapters/epilogue...I hope you have the time to translate it...Thank you again for your hard work...

The main points are up. Since you are giving the Google translate a shot, let me know if something is wrong.

-Best.

Patti Boo:

The main points are up. Hope you enjoy. Will continue to work and clean up the details on my next reread.

SpicyLime:

The main points are up. Since you are giving the Google translate a shot, let me know if something is wrong.

-Best.

Thank you!!! 

LOL @ Extra chapter 2 below. Why sounds so cute. He doesn’t even have a son yet. 

😂😂😂

“Crown Prince starts to make plans to marry his future son to CSS's future daughter.”

SpicyLime:

The main points are up. Hope you enjoy. Will continue to work and clean up the details on my next reread.

You are the bestest!!!