Hi. I'm offering this separate discussion thread as a possible place for those who want to discuss all the ways in which they enjoy the show and to respectfully ask those with criticisms to post them in the General Discussion thread just to offer fans a space all their own without having to sort through postings. Of course people should post their appreciation and positive comments in Gen. Discussion, too, but I was trying to think of a way that fans could feel like they have a special home of their own.

I'll even state an appreciation of my own: I like the actors (M&F) involved with the production and particularly enjoy Up. He plays the role, IMO, very convincingly and has a good sense of comic timing!

How nice. I'm enjoying it so far plus the subtle shade thrown around

I'd love to discuss with you

Hi Maryam. I'm actually a person who (as of now) has more criticisms of the show than praise. I did think, though, that it would be nice to have a place solely focused on positive discussions because it appeared to be upsetting some people to go past criticisms when talking about the show.

So, if you wouldn't mind, perhaps you could post about some of the things about the show that you particularly enjoy, and it might start the ball rolling for others to comment/add/share?

For example, what shade have you seen and why have you appreciated it?

Just once more, because I can agree with the general sentiment, I'll start but then I hope to back out of this thread so that it's a home for the fans.

-I've liked the shade thrown at the aggressive way that Semes sometimes persue their ukes. I think it's great when Gene calls it harassment. In the real world, that's what it would often amount to, I think. One of the things I appreciate about Thai BLs, in particular, is that there seems to be a general move away from employing this trope, compared with works from, Taiwan or Japan...

-I also liked the shade throw at the power of the producer and the matter of product placement. I especially appreciate the subtlety with which it was done.

-The shade at Bua's obsession with NC-17 scenes is also great, IMO.

I also think that the shows going to include some shade thrown at fans in the way some get so invested in their ships that they resort to directly attacking actors over it.

Any thoughts on what I've posted or other examples you'd like to bring up?

Thai bl is synonymous with aggression. There is always an aggressive suitor that takes all manner of liberties on his target and frankly that leads to sexual harassment. I enjoyed that gene; though is a bl writer, identified this thread very quickly

The shade i enjoyed was being thrown at mame. The producer who dictates everything and has the final say while freely expressing her disapproval was clearly a representation of her, seeing as the director worked with her on tharntype. 

I would like to watch ep 4 first before i comment any further but I'm enjoying it so far. I do feel like gene is being treated as a fool

Some Spoilers:

Through 4 episodes, I am enjoying how well this show is put together. Ep 4 was the first episode where we didn't have to deal with the filming of Bad Engineer, and we have the first characters introduced who aren't living in the BL bubble world: Gene's Mom, his aunt, a reference to a lazy brother, and of course, his college friends. I think the college friends represent "Society" and the general feeling that once a male does anything remotely "gay" even on a professional basis, he must be gay himself. And if Gene is gay, well then everyone ought to know.  Gene's evasive answer is typical of the type of answer I used to give. You don't want to lie, you're at the point where implying that there are lots of girls you like seems deceitful, but you're still worried what others would say or think and what it would mean.  I can relate to that.  I like how they used that facial mask product placement last episode to emphasize that the judgements and opinions of his classmates mattered to him (they will think I'm old!) before we met them. 

There have been quite a few BLs who just simply dance around the question of gay identities by having characters declare that they only like one boy, and we're supposed to be impressed by the beauty of it all and the freedom being free from labels is supposed to bring. I don't think this is that kind of series, though. I think this is supposed to be more of a "coming out" character development for Gene.  That's why Bua last episode asked Gene if he'd read that western novel she had sent him and asked that he would bring that in.  Western novel aren't actually any more or less "hot and sexy" than what Thailand is producing in its BL novels, but they do tend to make sexual identity clearer.  I think that "coming out" narrative that is a major part of gay YA fiction is probably what she's referring to. In his dream sequence, (which is about him and not his novel) when he blathers on about "there being only one man in the world", she corrects him "its more interesting if there is more than one." I think we're going to find out that Sib is not the first and only guy he's been attracted to. There's a reason why Bua sent him a threesome video and its not simply because she's morally perverted. Regardless, a character in a BL who has a sequence of love and horny sexual partners can't say "I'm not really gay, there's only this one guy, otherwise straight as an arrow." This show isn't going to punt.

Just in case someone still hasn't seen the newest ep - spoilers of the 4th ep!

What did you all think of the scene when they got home and they talked to each other on the floor? I think that scene was wonderful and probably my favourite scene so far! Also - interesting thoughts about the series you have here :D I'd love to also be a part of the discussion

rebeng:

Just in case someone still hasn't seen the newest ep - spoilers of the 4th ep!

What did you all think of the scene when they got home and they talked to each other on the floor? I think that scene was wonderful and probably my favourite scene so far! Also - interesting thoughts about the series you have here :D I'd love to also be a part of the discussion

This scene is just amazingly done. Kao's acting really stood out to me in that scene, because he was able to showcase extreme genuineness and the tension between the two of them on the floor is too much for me let me tell you that. I also laughed in that scene because I saw a lot of live comments on WeTV waiting for something to happen between Gene and Nubsib, but in my opinion, I really like the fact that we get to see Nubsib's real intention and personality. On a final note, I am so relieved that Nubsib and Gene is getting closer, and that Gene is finally realizing what he really wants. I'm just really excited for the next episodes to air! Sucks to the people who dropped this series just because of the silly sound effects I hope they decide to watch it again >.<

I hope people would take up this show too again! Quite a bummer that imo there maybe were people who dropped it solely because of the sound effects, whilst they don't annoy me at all! 

And yes! agreed! I'm really excited about what will happen next! Since they've both confessed to each other, don't think they'll officially start dating that fast tho (because of many reasons). I'm also loving the characters so far, they're all so great at acting too :) I also really adore characters like gene in series, introverted, chill but isn't weak at all at the same time! But anyways, what will I do know...gotta wait another week yet again :´)

Hi all! Saw this thread and I just have to contribute to the lovely writer praise.

This is one of my favorite Thai BL mainly because of the deeply rooted tenderness and respect between the two main leads which I don't see very often in the BL world. Hugely refreshing! Nubsib has always been clear about what he wants to pursue with Gene, but at the same time he is also generally respectful when it comes to Gene's boundaries. I love that so much! I also love that despite Gene not fully accepting his feelings for Nubsib yet, he doesn't really resort to the mocking homosexuality which a lot of BL characters often do when confronted about their feelings. He doesn't answer things he's not comfortable with but at the same time he doesn't do the whole i'm-repulsed-that-you-think-im-gay thing. 

Also major kudos to the actors - Up's performance is so good and he bodies the character so well. Kao also did really well especially in ep.4 - man, the tenderness in his actions felt so tangible. 

Really hoping everyone who dropped this series to give it another shot - this series is so well done in terms of characterization and healthy romantic relationship depiction.

I just finished ep 4. And my expectations for this drama have greatly been lifted

I loved the gentle realization of genes feelings for nubsib. His drunk confession was so honest and stark. The quiet intimacy of their interaction. I felt the chemistry and almost prayed for a kiss. 

I applauded nubsib restraint and the patience in dealing with gene. Gene needs a lot to figure out and we need a realistic pace not slow but believable. 

I also giggled at the product placement but eh  they've got to make their dough. Eager now for episode 5 and most discussions

This show has gotten better and better with each episode especially the intimate scenes and kisses are just WOW!

honestly i really like how well paced this show is going, they don't jump right into the scenes and actually shows very intimate non sexual scenes ebtween two epople who like each other. 

i enjoy that nubsib knows his boudaries and stops himself from doing anyhting, constantly asking gene for consent and knowingly taking things slow before he outrightly expresses his feelings. in a scene in normal BLs where a drunk person suddenly comes onto another person who is sober it usually leads to some non con scenes which have always irked me. 

while to us it is quite clear how much nubsib is interested in gene i like that he knows gene needs time to sort out feelings and emotions and relevations he might have about his orientation. 

im also glad they're taking the approach where gene doesn't feel the need to share his sexual orientation with his friends and stands his ground, speaking out for the community. the charcter developments in both characters are so well thought out and i'm so releived that it isn't that. im not gay i only like this guy kind of trope. 

this show tackles the issues we often see in BLs or sometimes even societal lives of our communities. whats more like everybody pointed out, the subtle product placements are also much appreciated. while i knowthat most BLs like to exaagerate the product placements and just make a joke, soemtimes it can really kill the mood of the episode and i don't laugh at is as much as i did before because now it's just annoying?

but yes i really love this show so much and i feel like its a start on good BLs out there along with "A 1000 Stars"

Charlene Chiew:
honestly i really like how well paced this show is going, they don't jump right into the scenes and actually shows very intimate non sexual scenes ebtween two epople who like each other. 

I also agree with the pacing. I just rewatched the first three episodes of the show and the flow of the story is very well planned. I could follow the story easily and nothing really felt too stretched. At first I thought some scenes were just too long or some didn't fit, but that was because I watched just one episode every week and wanted as much story progress as possible. Plus, if you kind of know what lays ahead story wise, some scenes make now more sense than before. So I definitly recommend rewatching. But also because the show is just so much fun, I think I can get never tired of it! In May, when the show is finally completed, I will have watched it at least ten times...ahhh

One of my favourite things about the show is Tum as a super supportive friend for Gene (and even as wingman for Nubsib). He stood up for him in front of their university friends, telling them off and defending Gene's decision. Just what a good friend should do. I think Tum also seemed very supportive of Gene's and Nubsib's relationship (so far we can call it one), telling Gene, Nubsib is always asking about him and that their are already very close,  and teasing Gene about it. So I really wanna know what Gene and Tum actually talked about alone, when Tum was about to collect Nubsib, but Gene stopped him and cleared the misunderstanding. Like, did he not ask Gene why he suddenly changed his opinion? And right after Gene's drunk night out? Tum is so cute and supportive, I'm really hoping he gets a great story line!

I'm really looking forward to the following episodes!

5 things I liked about episode 5 (Spoilers, of course):

1) Tiffie grew ten sizes for me this episode. As a manager, she could easily just be using Aey as her money maker, but she does see him as a friend. I wish he could have opened up to her, because I think she'd listen. I get the sense that Aey has never spoken to anyone about what's bothering him and what happened to him. Its too bad he doesn't. She's still clueless that Tum isn't gay, but she's got promise for being a decent partner for him when she finally figures it out.
2) They managed to make me feel sympathy for the "woe is me" rich boy character. I can understand his frustration, and everyone has betrayed him. "Feeling down that your boyfriend fled to Paris without you? Good. You know who's a real disappointment? Not the cad who broke your heart. Nope. Its YOU who are the biggest disappointment."
3) I loved that scene where they tried to convey that Aey is suffering from depression. The food has lost all its flavor. And he can't look at his own reflection in that table. He's been toughing this out. Sadly, on his own. Now, I hope they keep him in the realm of normally bad couple thwarters and don't turn him into the type of sad rich boy who will, say, hire thugs to rape Gene so he can be blackmailed into breaking up with Sib. Unlike some series that may have gone a bit overboard with the pathological rich third wheel characters.
4) Saymhork is still hot and underused. But man, I lost respect for him this episode, too. I think he's just a wimp. That said, Aey got to have long kisses with both Kao and Chap in one episode. I wish I had that happen to me when I was down in the dumps.
5) While I wish Gene had spent the past few weeks in his down-low relationship gaining some confidence that Sib actually likes him and isn't going to throw him over for a younger guy, I did like that he backed away for another guy, for a change. Often in BL the rule is to crumble whenever a woman comes in the picture but fight back against the male third wheel.  (Think Pete giving in right away in LBC because he didn't want to "ruin" Ae by making him turn gay, while Ae has no problem decking Tin. Or Korn deciding not to fight Plern Pleng because Knock would be better off with her in Together with Me). I liked this change, even though I do think Gene shouldn't just be assuming that other people would be better matches for Sib than he is. 

I am enjoying the HECK out of this show. I appreciate Nubsib and Gene's relationship because of how overly sensitive Gene is. While it may be hard to believe there is a person like this, I can really understand why he acts how he does. He is sensitive about his sexuality, in love with a guy that everyone wants, and insecure in himself. I like that we get to follow his emotional journey. Not to mention that the love between Gene and Nubsib is intoxicating. I hope Gene gets to enjoy such a love for a lifetime.

In episode 6... SPOILER.

We know Tiffy is most likely bisexual, perhaps pansexual as she states she will just be with anyone who makes her feel good, and many people like this representation. I am seeing many people who do not usually like straight couples loving this couple! I think this is because Tum is more feminine and Tiffy is more dominant here. It is not the typical heterosexual relationship society may try to sell us. I just know that Tum and his actor, Ken, are wayyy too hot for me. Honestly, Nubsib next to him is a rock. Hahahahahah. When he was trying to fix his car, I was like.. "No!! Tum get away from the car before you hurt yourself! Tiffy come save him!" Lololol. He really needs to be protected. So it brings inclusion to people who don't fit typical gender-molds as well as shows a bisexual girl in a straight relationship (which I think is cool). And for a girl like me.. relationships like this may or may not be a fantasy of mine. Hahahah. I extra enjoy.